The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunter's Guild Header

2 posters

Go down

The Hunter's Guild Header Empty The Hunter's Guild Header

Post by KassTete Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

Hi everyone,

I am a random visitor who stumble upon your forum as I was looking for a way to get rid of the ads / virus on my board.
I immediately saw the notice on the header and would like to do something similar. Can the admins of this board help me to set it up?
Which part of the ACP should I go and what is the code that needs to be entered. I'd like to warn my users about the virus / ads and offer them a link to a mibbit chatroom.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers

KT
KassTete
KassTete
Hunter

Back to top Go down

The Hunter's Guild Header Empty Re: The Hunter's Guild Header

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 am

Hey there,

I'm only a co-mod, but I think I can help you out.

Down at the bottom of the forum there should be a link called "Administration Panel." (I'm assuming you're the admin of your board.) Click that to go in.
It's basically just where you go to edit your forum in general.

On the page that comes up, there should be some tabs like home, general, display, etc. Click the "display" tab.

On the display page, there should be some tabs off to the left side. Under the homepage group, click "generalities".

On the page that comes up, there should be something called "homepage message" a just a little ways down. You should see a text box there.
That should be where you put your homepage message. You'll want to click the HTML tag above to enable stuff like links.

I hope that works for you. Lemme know if there's any complications. Not sure if things might be a little different on your end.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by KassTete Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi dragonboy,

thanks for the help, this works for me now.

I eventually used the General / Messages & e-mails / announcements to add up a message on top of the board but the homepage message is way better.

Thanks, much appreciated !
KassTete
KassTete
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down