The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 7 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Repeating the door bell occurrence, there was a moment of anticipation after knocking.
It seemed no one was inside though, as there was no response.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 7 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Ted moved onto the next one.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Rae gave Ted a skeptical look, but followed behind him. Standing patiently, she found it hard not to fiddle with her sidearm. "But this place is huge... what if he's been kidnapped too? If he knows anything people might go for him... What if WE got him taken away because we were looking for him? I want us to help people, but it's so..." She trailed off, not saying anything else as the two of them stood waiting for the door to open.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm

A moment after Ted knocked, footsteps could be heard coming to the door. Probably those of a man, going by the volume.

They stopped right at the other end of the door. The person was probably looking through the peephole in the door.

The door didn't open. "Who is it?" The person asked in an uninviting tone.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

"We're sorry to interrupt, but we're looking for a man named Gary." Ted answered as politely as possible, "He works as a bartender and is supposed to live somewhere in this building."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm

"... Well we don' know'a Gary." The man retorted after a moment of thought.

Someone else could be heard walking around in the room, towards the door (but not up to it). Another man, it seemed.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:42 pm

"Sorry to uh... disturb you two." Ted answered slowly before backing up.

"You try the next one." He said calmly to Rae.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm

OOC: Rae readied her rifle, pulling it off of her shoulder. Pulling back the bolt, a single bullet slid into the chamber, ready to fire. "Thank you for your time." She raised her weapon and unloaded the gun's magazine into the door, bullet after bullet impacting heavily against the wood. 5 or 6 shots into the volley, the door's upper half was so broken and splintered that it broke into fragments, and the succeeding bullets continued on their way, unhindered now. Confused and terrified shouting came from the other side of the door, but was soon cut short as one, then another heavy objects fell to the floor. Thud. Thud.

The magazine empty, Rae pulled the trigger, the hammer clicking in response. In the following silence, three brass casings fell to the ground, ringing out in the silence of fresh death; the acrid smell of fired weaponry, as well as a faint scent of coppery rust - blood - wafted into the hall. "Well... let's get to work." Easily, Rae kicked the door in, its frame broken, sending splintered sections of door scattering. Stepping over the dying men, Rae set about looting the apartment.

---------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I think one of the greatest (and most unrealized) things about roleplaying is the possibility. We're so conditioned to follow along and do what we're told - save the hostage, etc. - when in reality, we could really do whatever we pleased. Life is the exact same way; all responsibility is imagined, a construct of social pressures and instinctual human emotion. I think that it might be interesting to play a game where there is no set objective, and players are encouraged to do things that are completely spontaneous.

(Real Post:)
Rae sighed with exasperation, but went to the next door. Mercenaries? Try Girl Scouts... Rae knocked on the door with three sharp raps. She then waited, trying to look as amicable as possible, knowing that this next stranger would likely be as unhelpful as the last.

OOC: Once again, for the record, I'm roleplaying.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 pm

ooc:
For the record, having a rifle on your back (or sword at your hip) doesn't help with being non-threatening.
The pistol might be somewhat normal, given the setting.

We'll have to try a free-roam RPG at some point.

-

There was no response.

(Assuming the next door is tried.)

No response again.

(Next.)

Footsteps could be heard coming to the door, seeming lighter in stature. Like the last room to respond, the person seemed to come up to the door to peer through the peephole.

"Who is it?" A woman asked.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

"We're looking for our friend Gary, but we can't remember his apartment number. Any idea?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am

The door opened up, revealing a relatively young and thin woman. The handle of a smaller revolver could be seen jutting out of her pocket. She seemed a little timid, but trying to help.

"What's his last name?" The woman asked.

(Assuming you don't know, but ultimately provide other information.)

"He's down a floor,-" She took a moment to get her sense of direction in the building. "Going down those stairs, his room is straight ahead." She gestured.

-
ooc:
Is it good or bad when I (assume you do such and such)?
I do it to speed over the (arguably) less important/interesting things.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm

ooc: I find that perfectly fine for small stuff like this

Ted thanked the woman before heading down the stairs and knocking on the door she indicated provided Rae had no objections.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

OOC: I quite prefer it in situations like this. It cuts back on the more monotonous (but necessary) parts of the questing.

Rae brightened considerably. "Thank you for your help, ma'am. Have a nice day." She followed Ted downstairs, and approached the door directly opposite the landing of the stairs. Reaching it, she knocked three times.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm

ooc:
Acknowledged. Thanks for the input.

"Going to the described location, there were no doors nearby. It turned out the woman was either lying or incompetent. Then the local sun exploded and wiped everything out."

-

"You too." The woman replied with uncertainty before shutting the door.

Going to the described room, the mercenaries could hear some feint moaning and panting.
(Assuming you knock anyway.)
The noises stopped, followed other noises that were probably someone getting ready to answer the door.

Heavy footsteps came to the door. The door opened rather abruptly, revealing a hairy, mustached, long black bangs, barrel chested man dressed only with a towel and slippers. Those and a double barrel shotgun in his hand pointed right at the two mercenaries and a revolver tucked in his towel.

"Oh, hey there." Gary greeted somewhat friendly, lowering the shotgun.
After the initial shock and a few seconds, it became evident Gary was sweating (from physical activity). The place smelled kind of like tuna too.

-
ooc:
Euphemism.

I imagine Gary is someone you're somewhat familiar with. You've probably gotten information from him some times in the past.
For whatever reason, I imagine he looks similar to Ron Jeremy (the sex thing was coincidence).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm

OOC: From experience, this is about as awkward as it gets. I only hope that Gary is more yielding when it comes to information than other people I've talked to under these... circumstances.

Rae blanched, and it took a moment to find the words. "H-hello again, Gary. We..." She looked to Ted for a moment, briefly overcome by embarrassment to remember why they came. "We were wondering if you had any information regarding the ah... missing person?" Rae wrung her hands and waited for a response, looking to Ted again to see if he had anything to add.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm

"Putting good use to your day off I see." Ted added lightheartedly, "Since I'm sure you want to get back to whatever you were up too, it'd be great if you could keep it concise."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

It also became apparent that Gary still had wood.

Gary let out a chuckle that grew into a laugh, not at all ashamed of himself.

"Oh yeah, that. The Sanborn thing?"

"I dunno for sure if it's connected, but, uh..." He looked up and wiped his free hand down his face, thinking. "Someone I know upstairs isn't an upstanding saint that helps starving children. Nice guy but- but anyway, I saw he had someone with 'em that seemed new to the area."

"Hey did somethin' happen? These guys just got all spooked." Pete suddenly hailed over the radio. "Two've 'em are goin' inside and they're gettin' their truck ready!"

Running footsteps could be heard going down the stairs opposite the flight the mercenaries took.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am

"...Shit." Ted sighed before immediately sprinting back towards the entrance.

As he ran he radioed down to Pete, "If we don't make it down there in time, follow that truck, you can always pick us up later."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Rae grimaced. "Thanks, Gary!" She turned and ran in the same direction as Ted, lengthening her strides. "Fucking polar bear bullshit!"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:04 am

It was fortunate Gary's room was right by the stairs. Both mercenaries flew down the steps and into the hallway leading to the building entrance.

Two men came down the other end of the hallway at almost the same moment (maybe 20 yards away), and had an 'oh shit' look on their face when they saw the mercenaries. At least one was armed with a pistol.

-
ooc:
This would be a split second pause kind of thing, for you to make a decision.
I think we'll go without the UA system, but still be careful.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Ted immediately pulled his pistols and aimed them at the other two, focusing mostly on the armed one. He called out very sternly and commandingly, "Put your hands up and don't move."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 am

Rae pulled her pistol and raised it, but kept it aimed at the feet of the two strangers. She tried to be non-threatening, and kept her face completely calm. She didn't say anything, but silently reaffirmed Ted's command.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 pm

For whatever specific reason, the two men didn't follow Ted's instructions.
They quickly reversed direction and headed back for the stairwell.

-
ooc:
There would be a small landing at the stairs before the hallway, so one could be behind cover (i.e. out of the hallway) without standing on the steps.
Hopefully that makes sense.

This is another split second pause kind of thing.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Ted bolted toward the exit and outside. There was no other exit so they could deal with these two later.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am

"Aw fuck me..." Rae ran after Ted, and out the door. With the way her luck was going that day, she wasn't risking a 2 on 1 gunfight.

OOC: Oh what I would give to have $500,000 to make my own short movie, complete with 1:1 ratio model town, actors/actresses, props, and the like...
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 pm

The two men hid around the corner by their stairwell, out of view.

Just as Ted reached for the doorknob of the exit, the door swung into the entrance-room (away from him).
Two men were standing in the entrance-room, each armed with a pistol, just as surprised and happy to see Ted as he was them.
Rae was only a couple steps behind Ted.

-
ooc:
This was kind of alluded to: "Two've 'em are goin' inside and they're gettin' their truck ready!"

Another split second pause.

I did a bad job laying out this building, only putting in one exit.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm

ooc: How far away am I from them?
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:00 pm

OOC: And what would the odds of me hitting Sunfish be if I were to shoot at them?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: Maybe a meter/yard or two. A step within arm's reach.

@Glyph: Eh, well, it's hard to say because it would depend on what Sunfish and the other guys do.
I would trust your character not to take a shot if there's a (reasonable) chance that she might hit Ted.

Let me know if more explanation is needed.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Ted continued forward in his sprint and attempted to floor the two men by clothes-lining both of them. He didn't feel comfortable shooting them yet since they haven't legitimately warranted that other than by acting suspicious.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next