Vs. Unknown Wyvern (game thread)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vs. Unknown Wyvern (game thread)

Post by Adjectutor on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:33 pm

OoC: Waiting for things to happen. My character is on standby.
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:26 am

Whiskers decided his best course of action was to find some place to hide while they waited for the monster to appear. Some bushes or in one of the broken carts perhaps.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:30 am

On his way to his destination, he heard wingbeats directly behind him, but obscured by the fog of the swamp. Immediately afterwards, a fireball rocketed from that direction, striking him in the side and propelling him the rest of the way to the Aptonoth (red 4), smashing into it painfully(15). (25 HP Damage)

The wyvern finally revealed itself, a Yian Garuga that was...odd. First of all, it was wearing armor, what appeared to be metallic in nature. It also had a collar. Second, it had a rider, armored in Garuga scales and armed with a Garuga lance. They landed, both looking at their opposition. The rider whispered something to his mount, and with an almost evil glint in its eye, it seemed to agree. It took wing again, aiming at the cart.

Emily took a shot at it, but missed as wind picked up and carried the shell away. (3)

"Dammit!" She shouted in dismay, not moving and instead taking cover behind the Aptonoth. (+4 evasion)

"Screw this, I ain't dying here!" Andrew, the driver, shouted as he went to unhook his Aptonoth. He managed to release one clasp on the reins, the Aptonoth itself tearing the other one off with its sheer strength. They both bolted west, hopefully away from the imminent combat.

Rook stayed where he was, behind his shield on the cart. (+4 defense)
----
http://puu.sh/rgklk.png

Pink: Emily
Tan: Whiskers
Red: Rook w/cart
Blue: Andrew and Aptonoth
Purple: Garuga and Rider.

Emily (Human)
HP 100/100
Normal S 4/5
Taking Cover (+4 Evasion)

Whiskers (Felyne)
55/80
Weapon sheathed

Rook (Wyverian)
120/120
3/3 shells, Wyvern Fire Ready
Guarding (+4 to defense)

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adjectutor on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:38 am

Rook sees his felyne companion and shifts his focus to his aid. Hoping to get his attention he calls out "Bring it in, Whiskers! We need to tighter our formation now!" He moves northwest to continue covering for Emily while closing distance between himself and Whiskers.

Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Whiskers sprinted over to Rook intent on hiding behind his shield to use his health horn.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Jogging down the northern path from Yukumo was a golden armored huntress, only here by well timed chance. She had planned to visit Yukumo for the Eastern culture it shared with her, but shortly after her arrival she was presented with a quest and sent right off again. Something about a trade route being under attack, joining others. She was in and out of town so quickly the details hadn’t cemented into her mind, if they ever would. There was something out there that needed to die, she or it just needed to find the other.

A glint of fiery light could be seen followed by an explosive sound, then an actual gunshot, which compelled the huntress to pick up her pace. Her practiced hand reached over her shoulder, undoing a button that unstrapped the butt of her glaive and let it fall into her grasp. As the weapon was pulled up and over, the blade was released from the sheath that now dangled behind her, quietly retaining its violent electric charge.

The huntress must have been easy to see coming onto the battlefield, her bright golden armor contrasting the muddy gloom of the swamp. She saw the hunters scattered behind cover, including the wagon, and the armored Garuga and its rider that bled malice. It was a definite rarity, but how such a pair came to be was unimportant now, just how they would be taken down.

“Something tells me I’m on your side.”
She said as she approached the fellow huntress, keeping a cautious eye on the Garuga. The assumption was made based on how the three were positioned to protect the wagon of… Scrap weapons? She didn’t let it distract her, but for now she waited by the Aptonoth as cover, hoping the wyvern would come over to the rest of the group. Admittedly, she didn’t want to engage the duo on her own.

Ooc:
I’ve always wanted to have a fight with a mounted monster.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 am

"As long as you aren't trying to lop my head off, I guess so!" Emily replied, taking aim at the fog the Garuga retreated to. Though she heard Rook, she wasn't moving from her fleshy, decaying perch.

Suddenly, the Garuga swooped in from the mists, performing an aileron roll to dump its rider directly in between Whiskers and the remaining Hunters. He only carried a lance, with no direct means to protect himself...unless one were to count his thick armor and the half-ton wyvern that had just dropped him off. His back was to Whiskers, and he was too worried about what was in the cart than the Felyne playing his horn. (+15 HP to party)

The Garuga had flown in fast and low, hitting underneath the cart and upending the entire thing with titanic force. Rook, with his guard still up, was spared the worst of it (-5 HP) (10), but their driver was not so lucky. He and his Aptonoth were essentially caught in a canister shell, the shards mercifully killing both of them on the spot (20).

"What?" The Dragoon cried. "Just...junk?! The Guild's gotten wise to our game..."

After his wyvern landed, it looked at the metal and huffed. The Bird Wyvern didn't appear pleased either, as it picked through the iron for something, anything of value.

"Keselth!" The Dragoon called, and the wyvern looked up. "Kill them all, we need to alert the Hollow!"

"Just try it!" Emily shouted, firing at the Garuga-armored man. The shell struck the man in the shoulder, causing him to stumble, but little else. (12)
---

http://i.imgur.com/CusYp5y.png

Red: Rook
Yellow: Unknown Hunter (DB)
Grey: Andrew and Aptonoth

Emily (Human)
HP: 100/100
Normal S 3/5

Whiskers (Felyne)
HP: 70/80
(Horn cooldown: 3 turns)
Weapon sheathed

Rook (Wyverian)
HP: 115/120
Guarding (+4 to defense)

Unknown Hunter (DB)
Weapon drawn
Taking cover (+4 to Evasion)

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm

The woman was briefly shocked when the driver was killed so suddenly, visibly flinching with a gasp, but then she sighed with menace. Her temperature rose quickly as her anger began to smoldered, but not yet with the intensity to cloud reason or caution. The bandit could probably be killed quicker, and it was best to diminish the overall threat as quickly as possible, but the Garuga couldn’t just be ignored.

“Keep the wyvern busy, we’ll kill the man. Warn us if it tries to attack.” The huntress said quickly to the other, speaking low enough not to be overheard by others. Hopefully the current positions of everyone would guide the unaware. Without waiting for a response, the women hurriedly stepped atop the Aptonoth carcass then lept off, landing and transitioning into a full tilt sprint with little delay.

The glaive bobbed back and forth in one hand as her arms pumped, but at the last moment of her charge she brought it into both hands, the blade pointed forward for a joust. She hoped to redirect the man’s likely attack, just enough to avoid the lance’s tip, but then to transition the parry into a running thrust, using the momentum of her charge to back the power.

Ooc:
Not sure if movement would cost an action there. If so, could postpone the attack part?
I think I saw a third purple spot originally. o_- I'm on to you.
Aileron roll? Don’t you mean a… BARREL ROLL!?!? (I know the difference.)
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:15 am

OOC: Third purple spot? Don't know what you mean at all, sir. *whistles*
As for your actions, speaking is free. You probably will just make it to him at a sprint, so the attack will be delayed until next turn unless he decides to attack you first.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:04 pm

Seeing an apparently friendly face join the fray gave whiskers a bit of a confidence boost. He mirrored her charge at the rider intent on flanking him.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:19 am

The game will be suspended for a little while, as tomorrow I am undergoing surgery and will be out of my mind on pain meds for a time. Will pick up when able.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 pm

ooc:
Eugh, good luck with surgery.
Drug induced fight scene.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 pm

OOC: Greetings players and potential players! I have returned from my surgery with a good bill of health, and will have the next turn's results up in a day!

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adjectutor on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:32 am

OoC: Sounds Good. It has been a minute but I am still around. Not getting notifications makes me forget to check... but fortunately it also means I'm not missing anything.
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:37 pm

The Rajang Huntress hit the ground in a controlled roll, swiftly rising and sprinting towards the Dragoon. He in turn met her with a few wide steps, blocking her glaive with his lance with practiced ease. (17 vs. 18) Her attack forced him from doing much else however, his teeth gritting underneath his helmet from the effort of blocking with a weapon that obviously was not meant for defense.

The Garuga lifted itself off the ground to assist its master, but Rook's imposing form distracted it. It launched a fireball towards the Wyverian (20), Rook raising his shield to block it. Unfortunately, he was just a bit too slow, the blast striking him directly in the chest and forcing him to take a knee. (Guard roll: 1, -35 HP) Thankfully, his choice of armor prevented him from being set ablaze, the damage coming more from the sheer force than the temperature.

Whiskers dashed through the underbrush to help the Rajang Huntress, taking advantage of the Garuga thief's distraction. He leapt up and struck him solidly in the back with his weapon, causing him to grunt in pain. (15, -10 HP)

Emily went to add to the hurt, lining up the man with the gun's sights. She pulled the trigger...and the gun clicked. (1)

"Oh come on!" She raged, quickly attempting to un-jam her rifle.

---

http://i.imgur.com/ukECvcn.png

Grey: Andrew and Aptonoth (Deceased)

Emily (Human)
Normal S 3/5
Weapon Jammed (1 turn)

Whiskers (Felyne)
(Horn cooldown: 2 turns)

Rook (Wyverian)
HP: 80/120
Guarding (+4 to defense)

Unknown Hunter (DB)

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adjectutor on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 am

OoC: Welp, wish me luck

Rook grit his teeth as he burdened the impact of the flame striking his sternum and placed an arm on the ground to support himself.  I cannot give them more opportunities to launch such a devastating offense from a distance. As his thoughts focused in he took note of the plight of his allies and knew there was inevitably going to be trouble if he doesn't hold the Garuga's attention.  

"This calls for drastic measures."  He resolved.  "Emily, watch your back, on your right.  Whiskers..." Rook rises to his feet once more, ready to proceed.  "Protect your ears!"  Rook straightens himself out and stands up with as powerful an aura as he can.  Hoping to intimidate or at least distract the Garuga, he makes himself appear as large a threat as possible.

Feeling the monster's eyes still on him, he takes up his lance.  Flipping open the side panels he adjusts the safety, allowing the internal barrel switch to appear.  Rook rotates the switch, reving up the barrel of his lance and begins pacing forward, taking his shield in his offhand and allowing the lance to hang low with his main.  Finally, he finishes preparations and makes a dash to close the gap, furiously punching the switch back entirely as he comes up on the Garuga to launch his WyvernKaboom from the barrel, adjusting slightly to the right to avoid catching Emily the glaive hunter in the attack.  He holds eye contact with the jockeyed Garuga, daring the creature to hold fast.

Last edited by Adjectutor on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:41 pm

The golden huntress scowled at her foe as their weapons clashed, a clear look of hate and fatal intent void of uncertainty. The murderer needed to die quickly so that the greater threat could be dealt with properly. So despite the warning of the oncoming blast she pressed the assault in full force, to the point of putting herself at risk.

She wound her glaive back, and at the same time stepped off at an angle, trying to reposition to keep the wyvern in her peripheral. Then she pivoted her body and swung the weapon across low, aiming to catch the less armored inside of the man’s thigh. Quickly following up, she drew her glaive in tight and stepped in twice on the man, crowding in past the tip of his lance, then thrust for the same spot on his other leg.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm

ooc: Oh I didn't notice you were back already

Whiskers braced for the noise as he continued his assault on the villain's back. He didn't really care where he hit, he knew that his weapon wouldn't be extremely effective regardless of where it struck. His main goal was to be as big of a nuisance as possible to allow for the hunter on the other side to make her move.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm

The Garuga was definitely interested in making Rook as dead as the driver and his Aptonoth. It closed range and tried to lob another fireball, but it simply snuffed out in its beak (1), much to the wyvern's annoyance. Rook took the advantage to futher close the range and trigger his Gunlance's mighty Wyvern Fire, and at point blank range, he couldn't miss.

A mighty explosion echoed around the swamp, Rook sliding back a few feet despite his great strength. (18) The Garuga was knocked out of the sky and hit the ground with a heavy thud, groaning as it tried to regain its bearings. (-55 HP)

Meanwhile, the Rajang Huntress' maneuvering managed to catch her lance wielding opponent off-guard (20). He tried to step away before the longsword hit him, but was unsuccessful as the weapon tore through the weaker inner thigh armor and bit deep in before unleashing a blast of lightning. She pulled the weapon out, but unfortunately her own movements couldn't produce the same results, the blade skipping off of his outer thigh armor. (2)
(-25 HP)

"Gah, you BITCH! Keselth, come!" He shouted, jabbing the lance into the woman's face (20). The thrusting motion caused the sharp tip to punch through her cheek and almost all the way through her other cheek. She noted that the lance itself tasted of blood, though it wasn't hers...maybe. Only her swift movements and the lance's bad position prevented her head from being a shishkabob, as she swiftly removed the vile weapon from her cheek and mouth. It only barely crossed her mind that Garuga weapons were poisonous.
(-30 HP)

Whiskers again leapt up and struck, his weapon piercing through the Dragoon's neck armor and delivering a potent dosage of paralytic toxins. The man's eyes were the only thing moving, his reflexes of no use as he toppled face first into the mud.
(-5 HP, Paralyzed 2 turns)

Emily finally cleared the jam, and loaded Pierce S instead.
----
https://puu.sh/sq8TJ.png

Grey: Andrew and Aptonoth (Deceased)

Emily (Human)
Pierce S 5/5

Whiskers (Felyne)
(Horn cooldown: 1 turns)

Rook (Wyverian)
3/3 shells, Wyvern Fire Recharging: 10 turns remaining

Unknown Hunter (DB)
HP: 70/100
2 Spirit Points
(Poisoned! -5 HP Per Turn, 3 Turns remaining)

Apologies for the wait, important issues cropped up.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 pm

No worries.
Sorry for my own delay.

The huntress might’ve screamed in pain if she’d been stabbed somewhere other than right in the mouth, recoiling back with a hint of fear now mixed into her anger. It would hurt and ache for a long time, maybe fester from the poison, and then eventually scar like hell, marring her face for the rest of her life... It hurt on an emotional level, but such was the life of a hunter, she couldn’t let it distract her now, that or the fear of worse.

After working through the initial shock and pain, the huntress positioned to attack again, just glancing to her side to confirm that the Garuga was still occupied and the lancer was not in peril keeping it so. Ironically, instead of heeding its master’s call, the wyvern had been forcibly grounded. And the same could be said of its master, put down by the little Felyne. Not about to waste the opportunity, the huntress rushed towards him, flipping her glaive into a reverse grip then holding it off to her side as she moved in. With one arm she reached down, grabbed the dragoon’s helm and went to tear it off and hurl it away in one swift motion. Then she planted her food on his head, turning it over to open up the throat, and with both hands drove her glaive down at his neck, intent on killing him right there. Any risk of diminishing her warrior pride doing so was greatly overshadowed by the pragmatism required by the larger situation at hand.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm

ooc: Forgot to check back here for awhile

After recovering from the shock of being actually useful in combat Whiskers moved to assist in the subjugation of the Garuga. He figured the huntress would be able to handle a paralyzed human easily enough. Sheathing his weapon and getting on all fours he began to sprint towards the wyvern with the intent of leaping onto it's back and mounting it.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adjectutor on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:27 pm

OoC: Welp, it would seem I was the absent one. I get notifications when this post is updated, but I must not have responded to them? I'm not sure. Apologies. Feel free to PM me if I'm not updating quickly.

Rook Retained control of his balance and took a moment to recognize the situation. After clicking the chamber to vent his gunlance and shaking out the wasted shells, Rook snaps it back into place and readies it. Seeing the Garuga incapacitated, and aware of the huntress's control over the rider, he too advances on the Garuga. He holds his shield up on one side and lunges forward with the blade in his other, moving toward the Garuga's head in hopes of robbing the creature of its senses.
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:09 am

The Garuga stood up, attempting to steady itself. Shaking its head, it looked at Rook...and then past him, where its rider lie on the ground, helpless. It quickly took wing, soaring over Rook and Whiskers with talons bared.

Of course, all the Rajang woman had to do was plunge her longsword into the man's neck. With him paralyzed and her in the perfect position, it was simple. The blade punched through the rather thin neck armor, slicing his brainstem in two. The pulse of electricity caused erratic movements all throughout his body, but it was as brief as the pulse was. He quickly stopped all movement, and breathed no more.

The Garuga screeched in-flight, catching the Rajang warrior off guard. Talons buried into her armor, the momentum dragging her across the muddy ground on her back. Her weapon was still stuck in the man, causing her to  leave her main form of offence behind. (-10 HP)

Emily took a shot, the Pierce round striking the Garuga's thigh. (-15 HP) It showed no reaction to that, instead pointing its burning fury towards its current prey.
-------

http://puu.sh/twr9y.png

Grey: All Deceased
Purple: Garuga

Emily (Human)
Pierce S 4/5

Whiskers (Felyne)

Rook (Wyverian)
3/3 shells, Wyvern Fire Recharging: 9 turns remaining

Unknown Hunter (DB)
HP: 55/100
2 Spirit Points
(Poisoned! -5 HP Per Turn, 2 Turns remaining)

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 am

The moment of relief from killing the man was cut short just as the wyvern’s claws cut into the huntress’s body and threw her across the muddy landscape, soiling her illustrious armor. She snarled in pain, aggravated that she was allowed to be blindsided, but she wasted no time in using the driving emotion to work through it and recoup. Disregarding the stinging wounds, she rolled over and stood up fluidly, and continued to step away from the Garuga lest it pin her down.

A hit on her for the dragoon’s life was probably a good exchange, but now she was alone with the vengeful wyvern and in less than ideal condition to take another hit. The others would rejoin soon, but the monster may have only needed the brief lapse in time to enact its revenge. The huntress remained on the evasive, already robbed of her weapon, ready to get out of the wyvern’s way or maneuver about its body when it inevitably attacked.

While still very focused on the Garuga’s movements, never taking her eyes off of it, she reached down and withdrew a wide vial of antidote from one of her pouches. With practiced control she pulled back the cork with her forefinger, then angled the vial up to her mouth to pour its contents, but then reset the cork before it was empty. Much of the fluid dribbled from her mouth, and more from the bloody hole in her cheek before she swallowed, stinging as it killed the toxins at their point of entry. Once another moment presented itself she uncorked the vial again and finished it off, then chucked away the glass tube to maybe be retrieved later.

ooc:
Meant to post sooner but was busy, sorry for the delay.
Evade, drink antidote.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adjectutor on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Rook regained his composure to once again take in the circumstances.  Recognizing that the huntress was endangered, but that the Garuga's rider is down and immobile, he caught an opportunity to try and cooperate with their unknown ally.

He moved a few paces forward and rustled through his pack to pull out his pitfall trap.  He raised his voice to catch the huntress's ears. "If you want to fell this Garuga too, we should work together!  Come to us as soon as you can, I'll try to lure the monster over to me!"  Rook began installing the trap into the ground in hopes that the Garuga could be further out-maneuvered through superior numbers.
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 pm

ooc: My apologies for the delay. I don't check my email often enough apparently.

Surprised by the sudden movements of the wyvern Whiskers decided to take a more team orientated approach and hid behind the gunlance hunter. While the hunter was setting up the pitfall trap Whiskers used his healing horn once more.
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top