The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 12 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by BizzarreCoyote Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Vlad quickly drew his gun and crammed a crag round down the barrel, not bothering to even unfold the stock. Pulling the bolt back hastily and bringing the weapon to bear, he then waited until the green scaled wyvern was at point blank range, intending to put the round through her eye. If the eye wasn't accessible, then he resolved to wait until she opened her mouth to bite him, as he predicted she would.

His finger was settled tightly on the trigger, and he wasn't too concerned with her running him over.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

No one but Coyote may look.
Spoiler:
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Spoiler:

BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 pm

OOC: Do I correctly assume that applies to the subsequent post? Can't you PM it anyways? Because it is STRONGLY tempting to deliberately disobey right now.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 am

ooc:
It would apply to that post as well, yes.

We could PM it, I suppose. Probably will I guess.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 pm

OOC: I agree with glyph. I want to look so friken bad!!! But I wont.

"I really hope he knows what he's doing." Jati said to Arsen. He continuted to run allong side him and felt a lance of pain go up his sheild arm.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 am

ooc:
@Everyone: Me and Coyote will continue to private message each other, regarding Vlad.

@Andras + Glyph: If you would like to control Leo (SRK), feel free to do so.

-

Arsen hesitated to follow Jati, but eventually did, leaving Andras' equipment where it was. He continuously glanced over his shoulder to see if Vlad was catching up, or the Rathian.

The two only just began to pass the body of water.

~

The egg runners finally made it to the landing of the cavern entrance.

Like before, after a few paces into the cavern it would be nigh impossible to see. Also, it would be bitterly cold, especially for Andras.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Upon reaching the cavern entrance, Andras halted his advance for a moment. Breathing deeply for a few moments the hunter took a knee for a moment, sweat pouring down his face and back.

"Good heavens. I never expected this thing to be so awkward to haul..." Handing the egg over to Leo for a moment, the hunter flopped down on his backside for a moment. The cool air coming from within the cavern was quite relieving to him after making a mad dash from the infuriated emerald queen.

"I hope the others are okay..." His breathing eventually slowing down, he continued. "Even Jati, I still can't believe what an ass he made of himself!!"

Taking the egg, Leo held it firmly. "We could have gotten at least two out of this mission... I don't know what he was thinking, or if he was thinking at all!" Looking the egg over through the cloak it was being carried in the young hunter marveled at it's appearance. "So, wonder if it's an Ian or a Los?" Grinning, he continued. "Andras, do you want me to carry it the rest of the way?"

"No thanks, Leo. I just needed to catch my breath for a moment. We're fixing to go through a harsh environment change again, and I need to prepare for it." Retrieving a bottle filled with a vibrant ruby colored fluid from his remaining supply pouch, he drank it's contents entirely. A grimace covering his face eventually faded as he wiped his mouth free of the substance. As it spread through his insides he felt an unusually warm sensation though out his body. Replacing the bottle, he collected a small pouch of jerky from his supplies as well, opening it and chewing it up. A satisfied look covered his face. "You know, by the looks of a Popo you wouldn't think they would taste very good, and for a common ration, this shit's actually not bad."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 pm

"If we're going through this cave, we need some kind of plan," Aveket told his companions. "Since Andras is carrying the egg, he will be in the middle. I'll take front, and Leo will be bring up the rear. How many torches do we have?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Eventually standing, Andras took the egg back from Leo. "I personally don't care what's inside. I just hope we can make it back to the damned base camp in one piece."

Overhearing Aveket's suggestion, Andras nodded, only to pause for a moment and sigh. "I had one, but it's with my other supplies and armor."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 pm

ooc:
@YKKB: I assume you're just gonna keep on running.

@Andras + Glyph: I think Leo had a torch. I don't remember about Aveket.
If all else fails, Arsen had one.

-

Jati and Arsen continued their sprint to the cavern entrance, eventually passing the body of water. Like the others, nothing was in their way.

Vlad still had yet to make an appearance, but his lack of appearance was substituted with another; the Rathian's.

All five of the hunters heard and saw her coming as she entered the sandy plains of the desert. She flew out of the area of her nest just over the path the hunters had used to escape, flying at a low altitude just high enough to clear the stone ridges.
Once over the narrow pathway she landed, and used her forward momentum from flying to continue chasing after the hunters. She had distance to cover before catching up to them, but she would catch up to the two stragglers before they could reach the cavern entrance.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Aveket readied his flash pistol. "If all else fails, get inside the cavern," Aveket told Andras. "We've got to stay out here and make sure that he gets inside, unharmed," he instructed Leo. To himself he murmured; "Let's just hope a miracle happens."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 am

Update I guess...I just my collapsed lung fixed Sunday so now I can finally breathe now so yeah...doc said I can play games but not to much cause my p.t.s. might come back, but I don't care I gotta play my moster hunter...yeah so thanks for keeping Leo alive and well I thought he be dead by now...thanks again I'll keep u updated...Bye oh btw I don't have anxioty anymore...k later family
Ps I heard that fatas back if it's true I am the happiest mofo here. His artwork was the shit! fata we need you comics bro... It's our life blood lol
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Glad to see that you've made some progress towards a recovery, but if there is any chance that you might have an epileptic fit from playing Monster Hunter, or even writing us here, don't take chances. It could permanently keep you from doing stuff like this ever again.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 pm

ooc: good to hear your feeling better. I agree with Glyph, take it easy bud.

Jati continued to follow Arsen. Trying very hard to ignore the wyvern persuing them.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 pm

ooc:
@SRK: Like everyone else said, if there's a risk, don't take it.
It's good to hear you're doing better though.

-

Arsen looked over his shoulder to see the approaching Rathian, struggling some because of the design of his helmet. He could tell they weren't going to reach the cavern before she did them though, no matter how hard they tried. "She's gainin' on us!" He shouted to Jati, to make him aware of the situation.

Of the two sprinting hunters, Jati was faster, so Jati was pulling ahead of Arsen.

Those at the cave entrance were going to want to hurry up with what they were doing.

-
ooc:
@YKKB: I was kind of merciful there, in not having her just plow you over (for just running).
Just running away won't save you. Think how you might try to dodge a bull.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm

ooc: I don't know how you'd dodge a bull dragonboy but I usualy like to taunt if first by calling its mother fat and then I usualy follow up by pulling out my ten guage

"Maybe we should split up." Jati yelled behind him. "You go left I go right and we'll meet back at the cavern entrance."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

ooc:
I hate stating my opinions as facts, but I imagine you'd get it running at you, then quickly move to the side so that it doesn't have a chance to turn itself in time.

-

Arsen continued to fall behind Jati and to keep an eye on the Rathian. She was almost upon them, and more focused on the closer target; Arsen.

Knowing continuing to run wasn't going to work, nor simply turning to the side, he slammed his feet into the ground. That killed his forward momentum and brought him to a halt, displacing a large volume of sand in the process. He then struggled to start moving to the side, shoving himself in that direction again with his feet against the sand, displacing all the more.
He dove then, as a last ditch effort to get further to the side, which was just enough to save himself from crippling damage.

The Rathian passed by him, unable to turn fast enough to collide head on with the hunter or grab him in her jaws. Her armored hip still collided hard with his legs though, sending him into a spin with quite a bit of pain, but his tasset and greaves did their job.

He landed awkwardly in the sand with a thud, but quickly went about picking himself up, taking a moment to do so. Once he was back up on two legs, he started after the cavern entrance again, hobbling slightly but working through it.

Jati and the Rathian were about half the distance from the south end of the water to the north end of the floor of the cavern entrance. Arsen was straggling behind an increasing distance.

The Rathian was going to be upon those at the entrance very soon, if she continued in their direction.

-
ooc:
I should ask you guys; am I being fair with Arsen?
I feel like I might be over powering him some, given he is sort of one of my main people. I have been trying to hold back though, but if its still an issue I'll work harder at it.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

OOC: I think that you're being plenty fair with Arsen. As for the torch, let's just assume that somebody has one, because we used one before despite nobody putting one under their items list. Then again, if you disagree, go ahead and tell me, and I'll edit this post.

Aveket retrieved an unused torch from a satchel on his side. It was slightly shorter than most other torches, but it was made from more durable wood than a standard torch. To his colleagues he said; "We can light this once we get to safety. Until then, let's just get inside before we have more fire than we can deal with."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

OoC: Details on Vlad, please.

Taking a few steady deep breaths and stretching as best he could with the egg, Andras nodded to the team. "I think I'm ready for this. Going to be a cold son of a bitch in these cavern depths."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

ooc:
@Andras: Vlad was last seen (by Arsen and Jati) distracting the Rathian so they could get away. Due to general request, me and Coyote started to PM about his status and whereabouts.

@Glyph: We got the torches from the supplies. I never thought about the issue of them burning out...
Anyway, you can have one.

@Everyone: I'm realizing I forgot to post something regarding the Rathian. It pertains to YKKB/Jati, who we will be waiting on to see how he handles the situation.

-

The Rathian and Jati were running alongside each other, separated by a few yards. Instead of running past the hunter, the Rathian matched his speed, and began to veer towards him.
As she got closer, Jati could see battle damage that wasn't there last time he'd seen her. The side of her mouth was bleeding badly, some teeth damaged as well, but it wasn't to say her bite was no longer a serious threat.

Arsen was falling behind, despite his efforts. He knew that he and Jati were going to have to maneuver around the Rathian to get to and into the cave entrance. The lack of Vlad's presence worried him, but he couldn't afford to look back and check to see if he was coming. He feared for the worst.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

OOC: Obvious sacrifice is obvious. Was Vlad black? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgYnbEj02Y , please tell me that I'm not the only one to notice this?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Seeing the damage to the rathian's jaw and realizing he would never be able to out run her, Jati came to a halt. He drew his sword and raised his sheild. As the great beast approached him he readied himself to evade any attack that might come his way. His plan was to sink his poisoned blade deep into her already severe wound.
Spoiler:
OOC: I'm assuming that we are able to evade like in the games. You know, with near super human speeds.

Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 pm

OOC: I wish we could be fighting a virtual rathian. (Or at least that I could with everybody else.)

Aveket, noticing the decreasing distance between himself and the rathian, began moving slowly toward the entrance of the cave. He motioned for the others to enter. Aveket retrieved some matches from one of his pants pocket, and pulled forth a single match. He quickly struck, and lit the match before placing it to the tip of the torch. After a few moments, a flame spread across the end of the torch, significantly dim in comparison to the overall brightness of the desert climate. Putting away the matchbox, Aveket continued his way towards the dark entrance of safety.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:55 pm

ooc:
We won't be dodging quite at in-game speeds.

-

Jati coming to a stop was enough to save him from the Rathian, as the massive wyvern was unable to stop herself even remotely quick enough to still get him.
That gave him uninterrupted time to get his sword and shield out.

She didn't even attempt to stop herself though, aware that it was futile for her to try. Rather, she continued forward towards the three hunters at the cave entrance.

Arsen caught up with Jati because of his stopping, but continued after the Rathian. The others would be able to get away safely, but he and Jati would have a little harder time getting into the cave.

Aveket's torch did a well enough job of illuminating the tunnel. He could see pretty clearly as he descended, though his eyes adjusting would still help that matter.
He didn't hear anything so far, but it was too soon to say nothing was lurking about down there.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Jati saw the rathian blow past him and then Arsen moments after. He sheilthed his sword and began to sprint after the hunter once more.

"Do you have a plan?" he yelled to Arsen as he got closer.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm

OOC: Not to be a pain in the ass...but it's been three days now. @DB; If there is anything that might be hindering you're ability to post, just tell us so that we know what's going on.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 pm

ooc:
I was waiting on Andras, but I suppose its time to bot him now (I figure he'd just follow into the cave anyway).

-

Andras hurried down after Aveket into the cavern, eager to get away from the Rathian. Leo wasn't far behind, following the same train of thought. He made sure to face the exit of the cave with his shield at the ready, still mindful of his step ahead, encase the Rathian were to launch any more fireballs down after them.

Seeing the hunters escape into the narrow passageway, the Rathian brought herself to a stop at the floor of the entrance. She then turned towards the entrance and looked down into it with angry eyes, flames seeping from her bloody lips along with her continuous growling.

"Not really!" Arsen said, using as few words as possible. He knew that they'd need to wait for the Rathian to get her face out of the cave entrance though.

He came up to the rear end of the Rathian, and waited there while she stared down the tunnel leading underground. He kept a small distance away from the tip of her tail, and was ready to run around her the opposite way her head would face when turning, to get into the cave as soon as possible.

Aveket reached ground level of the cave, and from what he could see; it was empty. At least, nothing was walking around the floor. Whether or not the Plesioth was still in the water was unknown.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Jati followed close behind Arsen. Though not so close as they would get in each other's way when evading attacks from the rathian. Seeing the body of water in the cave and remembering the plesioth that he suspected lurked somewhere in its depths, Jati had an idea. He moved closer to Arsen so he could almost whisper to him and said,
"We could try an get the plesioth to come out of the water. You know, have them fight each other while we get away."
He knew it was a long shot but the rathian would eventually catch up to them.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:51 pm

OOC: Jati wouldn't know that there was water in the cave, seeing as he is outside.

Aveket scanned all three dimensions of the cave, looking for anything that could be a potential threat. He made sure to make as little noise as possible, and to stay far from the water.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next