The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 4 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 pm

ooc: Hey guys, what's up? I didn't think I would be able to get to a computer but I got a laptop for christmas so I think it should be good now. The internet here isn't the most reliable and I can only get on for litterally minutes at a time so I don't know when my next post will be. I'll try to get on at least twice a day but until i get back home I'll probably stay silent on the RP. Oh Marry Christmas by the way!
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Walking up to Andras. "Wow nice hits, i just got an idea, you ever try letting off a shell while your tip is in the creature. i bet that would do a ton of damage. Maybe even blow a hole out the other side." Aizen says as he plants the bottom of his polearm into the sand waiting to see what the cephalos atempts.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:27 am

OOC: @DB17; Maybe every other couple of posts, could you describe what the fuck is going on? I have no idea where I am right now.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 4 Empty ?

Post by SemajChaos Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:53 pm

ooc: (as if I have one) Too late to join? Only asking, since it seems this RP is nearly done, so I'll join next time.
SemajChaos
SemajChaos
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:08 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: I kind of do. You've just been a.w.o.l.

@YKK: Don't worry about being absent or anything. You'll just be assumed to tag along with us.

@Semaj: "It has only just begun."
We've had I think four people "join late," and you'll be the fifth if you decide to join.
Just read the first post of this forum, and it will explain everything you need to do first.
Welcome to the site by the way.

To quickly recap the Cephalos:
One was killed by Arsen by getting its neck chopped.
Another was impaled through the neck by Spawn with his polearm, half underground.
Another was killed by Arsen who impaled it then had to wriggle his blade around.

One is behind you and Vlad (Gemneroth), having just stood up. It's got some bullet wounds from Vlad.
The other is behind Andras and Leo (SRK), and Andras just stabbed away at it.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 pm

"I will keep that in mind. For now, I'm just trying to play it safe. Bastard piscine caught me off guard." Making a quick dash at the recoving Cephalos, Andras again overhead swung his lance down at the piscine, then blasted at it's legs with a single shelling.

Spoiler:
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:01 pm

The swing attack made a shallower wound than the thrusts had, namely because of the way the weight of the weapon was used.
The blast from the shelling compensated though, making the wound wider and a little deeper, but sealing it mostly shut.

Angered by this the Cephalos rebelled, taking a step towards Andras with the leg furthest from him, then a quick step towards him again with the closer leg.
The result was ramming into Andras with all of its weight, colliding at it's bony hip.
Andras was knocked down on his butt again as a result, but the Cephalos ended up hurting itself some too, given it's previous wounds at the thigh.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:47 am

Lifting his polearm up and roling forawd Aizen attempts to cut the already injured leg of the cephalos off completely slashing with all of his might.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 am

The Cephalos' stance was wide after ramming into Andras, thus its leg was open for Aizen.
As the blade of Aizen's weapon chopped through the Cephalos leg, he could feel it get stuck inside one of its bones, and upon trying to withdraw it he realized it was stuck deep.
The weight of the Cephalos did the rest of the work, and its wide stance. The leg gave out at the cut point and a horrid snap could be heard, and the Cephalos fell to the ground on its side with its leg folding over sideways.
Aizen's weapon was freed up in the process.

Last edited by Andras on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DB musta been drunk.)
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:52 pm

"Andra! You ok? Looks like that one hurt." Leo runs towards the cephalos the TRY(dam u DB xP) to do some type of damage.

occ: Ok DB u evil mod u
Spoiler: Overhead swing at the at the body.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:04 pm

The tip of Leo's hook sword sank deep into the Cephalos' body, and tearing the sword out made the wound equally wide.

Arsen looked over his shoulder to see Andras, Aizen and Leo all occupied with the Cephalos, which was down on the ground. They seemed to have the situation under control, so he turned his attention to the other remaining Cephalos, sword held up.
It took note of him as well, and they each faced each other as Arsen paced to the side, ready to evade should it try anything.

-
ooc:
@Everyone: It helps when you specify where you're aiming. : P And you'll probably be more effective that way.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Again recovering from the attack, Andras was left a bit dizzied and disoriented. Coming to his senses he felt his existing chest wound hurting even worse, as well as general pain from the impact. More than aggravated, the hunter walked sloppily over to the writhing creature, witnessing it in it's pathetic state he grimmaced at the leg wound. A bit put off by its wounds, it didnt change the fact that he had taken not one but two hits from the same beast, the hunter wished to put it down.

Looking over at Aizen the hunter smirked. "Like so?" In a swift motion, Andras thrust his lance towards the creatures neck, immediately following up with a blast from his second round of ammo.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm

The erratic thrashing of the Cephalos made it hard to strike accurately, thus the spearhead of Andras' gunlance only caught the side of the Cephalos' neck, as did the following explosive shot.
The artery was probably hit though, as blood started flooding out onto the ground. The poor monster would bleed out momentarily if the hunters didn't kill it themselves.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm

"Interesting. But watch this" Aizenruns toward the writhing creature plants the blade of his pole arm into the ground and vaults into the air. "OH YEAH" he s as he pulls the polearm into his body and then drops down toward the cephalos's body attempting to impale it through to the ground.

(OOC: think Links Down attack in Super Smash Brothers)

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 4 Empty MIA

Post by Gemn Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:26 am

Sorry for inactivity. So much work atm for exams, If someone can control Vlad? Much obliged.
x
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am

ooc:
@Gemneroth: Don't worry about it. Thank you for the notice though.
It'll be assumed that your character just tags along with us.

That applies to anyone when they have a moment of absence.

@Spawn: I'll let the pole vault thing go this time, but realistically I can't see that happening. : P

-

Aizen's piercing attack had more force behind it then Andras, but the Cephalos was still flailing about, making precision work difficult.
He too caught the side of the Cephalos neck, but pierced all the way through, pinning it to the ground.
By then the monster had enough, and died off, leaving only one remaining.

The remaining Cephalos reared its head back then hurled a thick ball of sand at Arsen. He saw the attack coming though, so despite his heavier armor he was able to side step the attack then charge in.
Mindful of the far reach of the tail, Arsen kept his distance and attacked with the tip of his sword, swinging overhead at the Cephalos' snout and tearing through.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 am

occ: DB let me land an attack WOOT! TY DB xP Oh and is our (Andras nd Leos) cephalos dead yet?

Leo say what power Andras Gunlance had and admired it so. "That my friend is a hell of a wepon." Then Leo looks at the Cephalos "I think he'll die soon, and if you want to kill it be my guest ima go see if Arsen needs any help. Call us when its time to carve or we'll come when were done." said Leo to Andras. After Leo finished talking he nodded at Andra and ran to Arsens aid.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm

ooc:
@SRK: Yeah, your Cephalos is dead. (Andras stabbed it in the neck, then Aizen/Spawn did the same and finished it off.)
The only Cephalos remaining is currently engaging Arsen (and Glyph and Gemneroth, but they've been away).

-

The Cephalos swung its tail at Arsen, but because of his earlier insight he was able to just step back and avoid.
After spinning a whole revolution the Cephalos' attention was back on Arsen. Arsen could see Leo coming to assist then, so to make that easier he paced away from Leo, brining the Cephalos' attention with him.
Now Leo had the Cephalos' flank facing him, and an opening due to the Cephalos' lack of attention to him.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:23 pm

OOC: I haven't really been away, I have just kind of been confused as to who was still fighting something, what was going on, etc... Your most recent post has made it clear to me what my next course of action should be, and I apologize for being foolish.

Seeing that the cephalos attention was focused away from himself, Aveket, quietly moved to it's side, before raising his pick, prepared to strike at any vital area should the opportunity present itself.
Spoiler:
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm

ooc: Hey guys I'm back. God it feels good to be home. New York is not the best place to be in a blizzard. Anyway, Happy New Year!

Seeing he was closest to Aveket, Jati moved into aposition to cover him, should the need arise.

Spoiler:
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Seeing that Arsen got its attention so that Leo could attack it, Leo ran around to its side area and still had some distance from were the cephalos was so then he quickly sprinted as fast as he could towards the cephalos and when when he was close enough Leo jumped up and tryed an overhead swing towards its torso area.
Spoiler: Leo is swinging towards its exposed torso and if the attack land he would use the momentun from the attack to swing thus ripping its stomach area open. Db let me land the attack! xD
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 am

Walking over to Andras Aizen plants his polearm into the ground and sits down. "I think they can handle this one" he says after he gets situated. "Man that was one badass attack with your lance i think if you would have landed solidly it would have seperated the head from the body."

OOC: lol i just noticed thatt we have Triple A. Arsen Andras And Aizen

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

The Cephalos reared its head back to launch another sand ball at Arsen, which was a clear indication to all the others that it was safe to attack.
Aveket swung his pick overhead into the neck of the Cephalos, lodging the weapon deep down inside.
Leo's attack tore deep as well, and the wound was widened as he pushed his sword across, dampening the ground with the blood that poured out.

The Cephalos jumped up in a fit of pain, widening the pick wound in its neck and jerking Aveket's arm. The wounds weren't quiet enough to kill the sand wyvern instantly, but it was open for the brief moment that it would recoup.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Seeing an opening, Jati moved to deepen the wyvern's neck wound, hoping to sever the head.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:12 am

The numerous little teeth on Jati's blade each poked a little hole in the Cephalos neck, which transformed into a crude line when the sword was pulled back to tear. More blood was drawn, but the shallow wound still wasn't enough.

-
ooc:
Think of these things as cows.
Think how hard it would be to decapitate a cow. Also think how hard it would be to kill one just by attacking it wildly.
Aiming for specific weak points, like the throat, arteries, joints, thin areas, etc. would be a better way to go about things.
Not trying to criticize, but that's what'll get these monster's dead sooner.

This is kind of the disadvantage of having a team of mostly non-heavy weapon users.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:21 pm

OOC: By below the head, I meant like where the brain meets the spine. Sorry for not specifying. Also, not trying to undermine your moderating, but a lot of the monsters in this series have pretty skinny necks proportionally to the rest of their body. (Kut-ku, velociprey, cephalos, etc...)
Aveket attempted to remove the pick from the monster's neck, but quickly abandoned the attempt, for fear of a counterstrike by the cephalos. Instead, he brought down the other pick with his free hand, aiming for the monster's skull.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:29 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Cephalos I'd say has a fair amount of meat on his neck. Enough to keep a short sword from cutting clean through.
Other monsters though, yeah, they do have thinner necks, and a clean decapitation would be more plausible without heavy weaponry.

-

The tooth of Aveket's pick pierced the Cephalos' scalp and the bone beneath, cutting into its brain and finally finishing it off. With the final Cephalos down the fight was over, though others could still be seen in the distance swimming around through the sand.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 pm

"Well I guess ill carve the one by Andras then you all got this one." Leo walks to the dead cephalos by Andras. "All this for some dam meat huh...dam im hungry..." Leo carves meat to eat off of the cephalos. "Hey anyone else wanna carve?!"
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Arsen stood up straight, relieved that the fight was over and the group could rest for a moment. "Good job, guys." He said between breaths, propping his long sword back up onto his shoulder once more with one hand. With the other hand he started rummaging through one of his item pouches along his tasset, pulling out a cleaning rag a moment later, then lowered the sword back down to the ground and started wiping it off. The sooner the blade was attended to the better, the rest could wait.
"You wanted to cook something, right?" He asked Leo without looking, remembering their earlier discussion about food.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:29 am

"Yes sir im dam hungry! oh and ill cook all the meat for everyone just carve how much you want and then some for extra just in cause we stay here for a day." Leo tell Arsen and the rest of the group. "Im ready when you all are done carving." say Leo with arms full of meat.
Occ: I start bbqing for everyone at the camp so carve wut you want to eat for ur person nd lets go back to da camp.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next