Frozen Hallucinations

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Jago reached into the box, grabbing one of each flare color and tossing them into his pouch. Jago then pushed the pouch into his chestplate, keeping it safe and secure.

He followed Sakujo out of the door, closing it behind him and flinching as the light reflecting from the snow hit him.

"Gah, I knew I should have brought some shades. Forgot how bright the snow makes the sun."

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Walking outside, and having seen his allies flinching at the light, rageo shielded his eyes before he got outside, but still felt some effect of the brightness.
rageofox
Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 pm

As the snow on the ground started to rise on Sakujo's short legs, Sakujo's pace slowed down significantly. He stopped for moment, and dug around underneath his ghillie suit. After a moment of rummaging, he produced two white show shoes fit to his Lynian size, which he started putting on.

Once the two snow attachments were on, he resumed walking, now on top of the snow and moving much faster. "There we go." He said smiling underneath his face concealing scarf, enjoying his new height and walking convenience.

-
ooc:
Hope this is alright. I figure there'd be enough snow to be a nuisance for a Lynian.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

OoC @DB - It’s fine.

“Well, Oswald. Looks like you’ll be holding down the fort. I will try and get you some fish of some kind while we’re out. I don’t know of many Lynian, Shaka’s included that would turn down spring night carp.” Andras stated to the ever busy felyne.

“Many thanks, nya. I’d be indebted to ya.”

“Think nothing of it.” Andras stated, nodding to the felyne. Accounting for everyone, the hunter stepped out of the cavern, and into the brightly lit environment. As his fellow hunters and huntress exited the cavern, Oswald closed the doors behind them.

“Best of luck, meow meow!!”

Andras could hear the rolling of a river from his right side, occasionally hearing a loud crash of sorts. To the hunters’ left side would be the remnant of the slain raptors. The weather was relevantly calm in comparison to the night before, the snow now nearly ceased, the only blowing about was relevantly dry, not causing any major accumulation. Looking the surroundings over, Andras called out to the departing hunters headed towards I-3. “Good luck, everyone. We should meet back at the base before night fall.”

OoC: H-9/10 is where we are headed which is technically down and to the right, where as I-3 is slightly lower and far to the left. X’s team may take a while longer to get there than us, but I will try to make it rational. I’m basically waiting for remarks/essentially a role call and we will be on our way. Same for X’s team.

.: Attempting to revive that which has been long deceased. :.
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile http://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 am

OOC: Ready
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 am

"Good luck guys." Merdoc told those of the other party.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 am

Jago nodded to Andras, then turned to his group and clapped his hands together.

"Welp, ready to get the show on the road!"

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Sakujo turned around mid-stride and waved back at Andras, walking backwards as he did so. He turned back around after, continuing along the planned route.

"Any particular reason you wanted, nya, to check this cave out?" The black Lynian asked X looking over his shoulder, trying to start some conversation.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Aizen Saw how the light was affecting everyone so he shifted his helm such that the top covered his eyes and let a small portion of light hit his eyes. walking out he slowly lifted it more and more so his eye could adjust correctly. " wow its very........White out here"he said as he examined the terrain."just enough snow to cover rock and plant alike"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 pm

OOC: Weren't you excited to go outside for some reason Spawn?

In response to Sakujo's inquiry, X replied; "Not any real reason, just figured that a cave would probably have something living inside it."
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:26 pm

OOC: yeah but we havent gotten to a point that i can do that yet.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

ooc:
I guess we should assume we each brought torches, to see inside of the cave.
Just when you think you've prepared for everything, something else comes up.
Unless the cave is one of the ice caves from Tri, where they're all lit up (maybe from the light bouncing all around).

-

"Hmm, probably." Sakujo said. That was one conversation topic down, and he was having trouble thinking of another.

-
ooc:
I'm trying not to ask anything like "how long have you been hunting," or "where are you from," since the answer might be made up on the spot. Myself included.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 am

"Shale we get started then?" Merdoc asked his group. "We'd better go soon, or we wont make it back before it gets dark."
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 pm

"Well, let's get down to business," X announced to his team, "before the weather turns to schist."
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 pm

"The cave would be a good place, nya, to take shelter." Sakujo said as he continued to walk across the snow. "Any animals would probably do the same. We might find the, nya, Great Baggi in there."
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:32 pm

OOC: Ha, rocks.
--]

"Well, if it's in there, we may very well have fresh lunch...provided we remove the Sleep sacs. Don't fancy going into a coma in this weather." Jago mentioned with a chuckle.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

"Man I didnt realize how beautiful it is here. You gotta love it." Cloud said as he aimlessly fallowed the group werever they went.
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 pm

OOC:I'm assuming that both groups have entered the caves, or are digging into them.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

“Indeed, Cloud. Pokke always has an aura about it during the harsh winter seasons. Truly a sight to behold.”

Andras and his fellow hunters trudged through the snow and ice, eventually losing sight of the base cavern and the other team. Eventually nearing a tremendous mountainside, they noticed an entrance, partially blocked off by a large snow drift. Searching the ground around it the hunter noticed multiple indentations in the path ahead, mostly covered by a fresh blanket of snow. Kneeling and brushing some of the fresh powder away, he felt for any packed snow beneath it for a sign of a print. As he felt about for any further signs, he noticed the packed snow beneath was stained a deep crimson, near black now from contact with the air and weather. Andras finally identified a trademark talon imprint in the packed snow, as well as a few more smaller indentations to the sides of it.

“Well, at least we know where the Giaprey came from now. Seeing as how the tracks are facing away from the cavern, I’d say there’s a good chance it’s attacker is in here somewhere.”

While the snow drift wasn’t particularly high, it still posed a minor obstacle for the team. Drawing his shield, he thrust it down into the snow. “Looks like we’re going to have to do a bit of burrowing to get in here, folks.” Using his shields sturdy design, he began to wrestle some of the deeper snow aside.

OoC: The drift is roughly 6’ in height and around 4 foot in length. Details for X’s team to follow shortly.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm

OOC: Not to be an impatient douche, but is any kind of description for the other team forthcoming?
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:28 pm

As X and his fellow hunters, lynian included neared what they could assume to be I-9 on the map, they could see an opening into the mountainside, as well as hear the rapidly rolling river. As they neared the entrance to the cavern the light quickly faded from brightness to pure black darkness. Standing outside of the cavern were 3 fully grown Popo and one calf walking around, grazing and whatnot. Relatively unconcerned of the hunter’s presence they continued stirring about.

No water could be seen streaming, so one could assume there was a steep cliff side above the river. There was a small plateau of sorts to the right of the cavern, covered in snow, but it was noticeably flat for the tundra. More Popo could be seen grazing, some laying in the snow, soaking up what light they could.

One of the Popo near the cavern entrance slowly raised it’s head, almost as if it’s attention was focused on something nearby. It could see the hunters, but remained focused on the sound. Eventually lowering it’s head it remained relatively unconcerned with the noise. The other’s either could not hear anything or were unconcerned with the sound.

For a time things seemed relatively peaceful, until a pack of Anteka galloped out of the cavern, not really exhibiting fright of any kind, just moving in a flock. They neared the hunters, making no real territorial gestures.

OoC: If you want to harvest them, by all means do.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: "Not to be an impatient douche," but D.W.E. is kind of waiting on you.

-

Sakujo slowed his pace and walked with his feet spread apart, ready to move out of the way should one of the herbivores come his way. They might not have been the largest of monsters, but they were still bigger than him and would ruin his day if he was trampled or plowed over by one of them.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Jago focused on where the sound came from, locking his head in that direction and circling around, hand on the hilt of his Great Sword.

"Now now, what do we have here...?"

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 pm

OOC: @ DB17

"Let's stay focused, and move to the cave. Watch out for any incoming anteka," X instructed. He moved at a slower pace, and made no sudden movements. A stampede could do some damage, or even cause an avalanche.

Last edited by Glyph on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Merdoc knew his naginata would be no use as a shovel so he withdrew the small one that he had used to dig out the base camp. He then proceeded to dig beside Andras. "So did you find any other tracks beside the Giaprey's?" he asked the hunter as he worked.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:36 pm

"None, other than the Drome and his followers." Andras stated, still busy opening the cavern entrance. "Which means, there is something in these caves that isn't particularly happy with anything invading it's territory."

As the Anteka galloped past the hunters, and on out of site the group eventually continued their advance. The Popo's still grazing watched as the pack of elk-like creatures retreated from the cavern. The smallest of them looked over towards the cave entrance, and let out a muffled whine of sorts, rearing up on it's hind legs for a moment in distress. It's guardian looked over at it and then towards the cavern. The rest of them also began to look towards the cavern entrance.

A slight rumbling could be heard from within the cavern, soon to reveal itself to the Popo and the hunters alike. Two bullfango came barreling out of the cavern, eventually stopping once outside. Kicking the snow and ice beneath their hooves, they stood side beside one another, gawking about and grunting loudly. The Popo remained relatively unconcerned with the presence of the arrogant Pelagi, save for their frightened youth, whom they did their best to comfort.

The bullfango's noticed the hunters as well, but made no attempt to attack them. Finally, another more prominent set of hooves could be heard within the cavern, which made a few of the larger Popo look about frantically, almost as if they knew what was emerging. Some of them reared up on their hind legs and galloped away as yet another bullfango revealed itself to the outside world, save for this one was nothing to laugh at. Bearing a dingy white mane and much larger tusks, the creature ceased it's advance just behind the two smaller pelagi, only to butt them aside with it's large, knurled tusks. This beast had seen it's fair share of combat, evident in the cracks in it's large tusks. It also bore a rather ominous looking scar along it's face, across it's left eye, the iris now milky in tone.

One could assume the Anteka had invaded the Pelagus' territory, as all three of the beasts eyes were bloodshot, their steamy breaths quick in succession. The alpha of the pack took quick notice of the pack of hunters, grumbling loudly it squealed several times, shaking it's massive head about.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Making no attempt to be stealthy, X bellowed to the rest of his squad; "Spread out! If it gets between us surround it!" He discarded his robes and readied his naginata. He widened his stance in case a quick roll to the side would be needed.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Sakujo began pacing backwards, hoping to draw less attention to himself and give it to the other two larger hunters built for close combat. If nothing else, the increased distance would give him more time to react should one of the large boars come at him.

As he moved backwards he brought his revolver rifle out from under his ghillie suit and to his front, loosening the harness to allow such movement. He then swung the revolver piece out to the side and pressed the ejector pin, pushing out the five roads that were loaded. What he had loaded, expanding rounds, he did not want at the moment.

Luckily the five rounds were held together by a moon clip, so he was able to easily snatch up the collection and put it into a pouch. The pouch was meant specifically for temporary holding, when he didn't have time to put things in their proper place, such as now.

He then withdrew another five shot moon clip, which he slid into the revolver piece of his rifle, then pushed the piece back into the gun. They were high penetration rounds, made of a harder material that would retain its shape better upon impact, and with a pointed tip to focus their power.

He went through the entire reloading process with his eyes on the boars. It was as natural to him as walking, and didn't require him to look.

-
ooc:
I feel like some gun know it all. I say that as in I think I know everything, but actually don't. Urban dictionary.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:22 pm

As X called out his order, the boars grumbled about, further angered by the man’s actions. The alpha squealed aloud, and began deeply pawing the snow beneath it’s massive hooves. Almost like an order had been given the two smaller boars went into a fast run towards the hunter’s, their tusks angled forward, ready to gore them in any way they could. Finally the ragged looking Drome began it’s advance, the ground beneath it pulverized by it’s weight and momentum, leaving deep tracks.

The two smaller boars were focused on X and Jago, heading at them fast. The Drome had set it’s eyes on the retreating lynian, though a hunter sporting deep crimson armor stood out as a more intimidating target. The earth shook beneath it’s hooves as it ran headlong at Rageo.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Jago quickly shifted the Kut-Ku sword into a semi-defensive position, blade facing the charging boar. It was as direct center towards the 'fango as Jago could manage, and he was ready to hop to one side should the 'fango try to be smart and go around.

"HAD to be Bullfango and a 'Drome, didn't it?" The hunter spat, suddenly not happy in the least.

OOC: The edge is pointed so that if the Bullfango doesn't turn, it's gonna ram it's face into the sharp edge.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top