Frozen Hallucinations

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Merdoc continued to dig at an even faster pace, eager to get out of the cold.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 pm

ooc:
@Coyote: That stance seems familiar.

-

Sakujo cocked the hammer of his rifle and brought the butt up against his shoulder, aiming the barrel at the skull of the Bullfango headed for X, the easiest thing to hit given the boar's direction. He relied on his experience with the weapon to aim instead of the scope, as the scope still had its covers down, and would take more time to use anyway.

With a gentle pull of the trigger the bullet was launched, and the barrel screamed as the gases left and rose some due to recoil. For its size it was a high power rifle, and Sakujo was forced to take a step back because of the knock back it possessed.

Not bothering to cock the hammer separately again, Sakujo brought the barrel back at the Bullfango's skull again and fired once more, should the first round not yield the result he desired. Like before he took a step back because of the high recoil.

He remained standing as he fired off the two rounds at the cost of accuracy. It allowed him to still move should the Bulldrome, or either Bullfango, come his way. Not getting hit was his main priority, as everything else relied on that.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Seeing as it was not his place to fight with his comrade unless necessary, Rageo let the fight go on.

OOC:sorry ive been away for a little...
rageofox
Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Well aware of the threat of the threat that the massive salmon colored shelled blade held, the board ceased it’s advance, sliding several feet before making it all the way to Jago. Sharp blade or not, it didn’t want to ram something as solid as that. Instead, it pawed the ground a bit more, making a headlong charge at Rageo, much as it’s leader had.

The boar headed towards X continued trampling the snow beneath it’s hooves, only flinching a bit as it felt a stinging sensation enter through it’s shoulder, and exit through it’s backside, closest to it’s tail and right back leg. Not a moment later yet another bullet entered it’s front left cheek, just above it’s tusk and exited from it’s right midsection. Overwhelmed with pain the boar lost sense of direction whilst running and stumbled hard, rolling headlong at X mere feet away from him. One of it’s tusks caught the earth beneath it, a loud crack could be heard as it was broken from it’s face, blood spraying from the socket where it once was firmly held.

The drome held it’s advance at a steady pace, eventually plowing headlong into Rageo, it’s tusks missing him completely. It’s massive head and snout lifted the crimson clad hunter from his footing abruptly. Running hard past the (Taurus circuit judge (google it)) rifle sporting lynian it caught notice of him evading and ceased it’s advance, flinging the hunter from it’s face, relatively unharmed. Sliding roughly a few yards, it swung it’s massive frame around to face the Melynx.

As the hunters eventually managed to clear out enough snow and ice to enter the cavern, they were greeted with nearly complete darkness, the light on the outside the only thing illuminating the interior.

“Looks like we’ll definitely be utilizing those torches after all.” Andras noted, sighing dejectedly at the darkness ahead of the group.

As the group of hunters entered the caverns, a sound similar to that of glass being shattered could be heard echoing from deep within the caverns.

Scout squinted her eyes at the sound, as it eventually faded. Looking at the other hunters, she spoke abruptly. “Something’s definitely moving around in there... That sounded almost like icicles falling to the cavern floor.”

“Indeed. If it is a Barroth, he has to be searching for something, probably his next meal.” Andras replied.

Last edited by Andras on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

.: Attempting to revive that which has been long deceased. :.
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile http://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Sakujo grunted with disappointment with the result of his shooting the Bullfango. Before turning around to face the Bulldrome he glanced at each of the Bullfango, jotting down their position and status in his mind, in the odd chance that they might come for him.

He then spun around to face the alpha boar, taking numerous paces away from it. At the same, time he fired off two more rounds, aimed at the monster's shoulder with instinct rather than the scope. That left one more bullet before reloading was necessary.

Like before, Sakujo was ready to dodge off to the side of the Bulldrome in the now likely event that it came at him. He paced about it so that he was partly moving away from it but also rotating about it, prepared to switch his direction of rotation to throw the beast off.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Jago removed himself from a defensive stance, making his way to the fallen boar to finish it off. Once over the boar, Jago raised the blade high and brought it down in a mighty chopping motion over the Bullfango's neck.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 pm

"Just my luck" as Rageo sighs, getting into a defensive stance to counteract the bullfango
rageofox
Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:03 pm

OOC: Wasn't there a bullfango charging at Jago? Where would it be by now?
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 am

ooc:
That Bullfango stopped charging when Jago put up his guard. I believe its standing not too far away from him now.
Jago's now headed at the Bullfango by XX, which Sakujo tipped over via shooting.
I brought up the safety issue with Coyote, and he acknowledged it.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 pm

The writhing boar, halted by it's own means of offense squealed aloud as the hunter clad in sky blue armor approached it, the same blade which would have caused it severe injury to begin with glistening in the light. Through the immense pain it attempted to force itself upright as he neared. Bloody and worn it found it's footing but soon found itself incapable of moving. It's eyesight dimmed very quickly, but not before it found it's snout and remaining tusk against the snow. From the corner of it's eye it could only see the man walking towards it now standing above it with his blade lodged in the snow and ice. It blinked a final time as it was blinded by it's own blood. It's headless body twitched abruptly as it also fell to the ground, spewing forth copious amounts of steamy blood.

The other boar ceased it's advance upon seeing it's leader sending the crimson clad hunter from his footing. The scent of the now deceased boars blood forced it to turn towards the hunters standing around it's corpse. (X and Jago) In a mad rage it ran towards them, unconcerned with who it's tusks would find first.

The Drome grumbled as it lulled it's massive head about, snorting and salivating on the snow beneath it. Much like the remaining smaller boar, it caught wind of the now deceased boar's blood, forcing it to glance towards where it and it's other minion was heading. As Sakujo's shots rang out, the massive boar was stunned as the bonelike structure sticking out of it's front right neck and shoulder shattered, as well as a lucky shot pierced deep into it's front upper right leg. Though the creature's leg was relatively small compared to the rest of it's body, it was still very thick and hardened from battles past. Blood streamed down it's greyed brown fur, but it held it's ground only flinching a bit from the shot. Unconcerned with the two smaller boars now, the alpha's focus was on it's small attacker. Squaring off with the strafing lynian, it rushed at him again.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Jago quickly put his blade into a defensive position, planting his feet and holding the giant sword still.

"Hey X! Got one nice and ready, here it comes!"

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Sakujo switched his direction of pacing, going from revolving about the giant boar counter clockwise to clockwise. The change was quick and sudden, to disallow time for the boar to adjust its charge, and he made sure to move quickly to get out of the Bulldrome's way, less it steal away one of his nine lives.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 pm

As he noticed the approaching boar, X held onto his current weapon with one hand, allowing it to drop until the tip was a few inches above the snow. Reaching into a holster concealed within his armor with the other hand,he withdrew a fairly small but large caliber double barreled pistol. Quickly taking aim, he controlled his breath, lined up a shot aimed for the center of the boars face and fired. A forceful crack erupted from the weapon, and the recoil caused X's arm to reverberate with shock. He allowed the momentum to carry his hand almost all the way back to his head, but quickly forced the gun back into firing position. He fired a second shot, and again a powerful blast of concussive force assaulted the eardrums of anyone within 15 feet of the weapon. The sound proofing on his helmet didn't make the noise terribly comfortable, but it did save any kind of hearing damage, which was what counted. Stuffing the weapon back into his armor, X brought his other weapon to a defensive position, and prepared for the boars anger.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 am

"Aizen squinting his eyes to get ajusted to the darkness of the cave. "Wow that looks really deep" he said as his eyes ajusted to the point where he could see about 25-30 yards into the cave(I beleave that is human vision at nights max distance once adjusted correct me if im wrong) Looking at the others. " So whos First to go into the big bad dark cave?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Occ: who am i with lol

Cloud looks around as he exits the cave. "God this place is huge...If our mystery monster roams thease parts were in for the long haul. Well lets get started." says Cloud as he ambishisly walks into uncharted territory.

Last edited by Trey on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ty Db)
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 am

ooc:
@Trey: You're with Andras, Spawn, and sorta Scout.
You just dug out the entrance of a cave, which you can't really see into that well. You heard the sound of ice crashing.
(Not the Bullfango place.)
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 pm

OOC: And Merdoc :p
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Occ: whos gonna mod Db? or r u gonna try to post randomly Db?
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:47 pm

ooc:
I can try to get in, but it shouldn't be hard to work around it should I be absent.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun May 01, 2011 6:17 pm

OoC: I’m guessing you’re talking about something similar to a derringer, Glyph? Because they make those up to like 45 caliber. Practically piss poor in accuracy unless shot very close range. I guess we’ll go with that.

The first of X’s bullets grazed the boars skull, but still traveled on into its backside, it still continuing headlong at the hunter. Not long after the first, he fired the second shot off at the boar, now a mere couple of yards away making it’s mark in the creatures forehead. Losing it’s motor functions the boar stumbled hard from it’s quickened velocity rolling headlong into X, flipping him frontally onto his backside, only winding and stunning him a bit. As the boar finally slid to a halt it writhed and squealed aloud for a few moments before its body convulsed a final time. Blood and brain matter dripped from it’s skull, leaving it a pathetic sight to behold in it’s dying moments.

The alpha was becoming more and more irritated with its smaller, agile opponent. As it ceased its advance it squealed loudly, swinging its tusks around violently, flailing back around towards the lynian it continued trying to gore it with its massive tusks. Luckily, the sharp tips of its tusks were no threat to the melynx due to its smaller stature. That being said, it’s massive body did pose a threat. Kicking the snow with it’s short, yet thick legs it grunted loudly, ever ready to trample the lynian hunter beneath it’s hooves. It had to catch it’s breath before making another move though, so it waited for the lynian to make a move.

“I’m ready if everyone else is. Time’s a wasting on us. God forbid it get dark outside while we’re in here.” Andras stated, strapping his shield back to his arm.

As the team entered the cavern, Andras lit his torch and lead the group into the depths. There were very minimalistic signs of life in the massive cavern, but the trail of blood left from the Giadrome eventually led to larger, open cavern space (J-10). The cavern floors were scratched deeply, and blood was strewn about everywhere. Large icicles were lying shattered on the ground throughout the area.

“Looks like the pack that came to check on us last night suffered a few more casualties prior to facing off with you all.” Scout stated as she witnessed the remains of two mangled Giaprey, one laying against the cavern wall, its bone structure practically pulverized, its innards exposed from its hind quarters. the other laying off center on the cavern floor, it’s exposed left side torn open much similar to the Giadrome’s, though clearly, this one had became something’s meal. Its entire ribcage agape, its internal organs were all but present as well as most of its left arm and thigh.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Some relief came to Sakujo as he saw the two Bullfango killed, freeing up his allies to assist him with the alpha.

He increased the distance between him and the Bulldrome by walking backwards, while at the same time circled around the giant boar for the same evasive reasons as before.

Holding the butt of his rifle firmly against his shoulder with one arm, he pushed the revolver piece out to the side and pressed the ejector pin, sliding out the four spent casings and one unused case, all of which were held together by the moon clip.
He then removed the moon clip and put it away in the same temporary pouch as before to be attended to later.

Still keeping an eye on the Bulldrome, using his experience to guide his hand, he pulled another moon clip from his person and inserted it into the revolver piece of his rifle, pushing the piece back into place after. It was another high penetration clip, to get through the stocky body of the Bulldrome.

-
ooc:
I guess I'm not as "busy" as I claim to be, but if I'm absent don't be surprised.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun May 01, 2011 8:30 pm

"It looks as if whatever did this has left." Merdoc whispered, his words turning into small clouds of steam in the cool air. "Do you guys have any idea of what might have done this?" Merdoc took the naginata from his back and held it out in front of him He took a more defensive stance as he followed the other hunters deeper into the cave.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Sun May 01, 2011 9:45 pm

X blinked away stars, his breath slowly returning. Pulling himself off the ground, he took a deep breath in an attempt to stop his head from spinning. Eventually, the ground seemed to steady itself, and he looked around for any signs of danger. With both bullfango dead, he focused on the drome, who was in turn focusing on his lynian comrade. He opened the action on his pistol, and flicked the spent casings aside. He loaded both chambers, closed the action, and briefly took aim at the alpha before firing both barrels, in a similar fashion as before. He hoped that it would be enough to allow Sakujo time to distance himself from the Bulldrome.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Jago lifted his sword from the defensive position, approaching the angry 'drome from behind. He was ready to drop the heavy blade back down in the path of the Bulldrome if it decided to go after him.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Yet again, the Alpha felt the sting of two more bullets, one hitting it's exposed left flank, the other lodging into it's thigh. The first pierced deep into the creatures innards, causing it to jump from the immense pain. Turning to face the hunters heading it's way, it thought twice before rushing them. Instead, it looked back towards the cavern, hoping to make it to a safe refuge. Shaking it's head in disgust and anger a final time it looked back towards the lynian, currently swapping out a fresh cylinder of ammo, and took off in a headlong run between it, and the two advancing hunters. It was determined to make it back to the safety of it's territory.

"It's hard to tell, Doc. At least, we know it is indeed carnivorous." Looking around for any signs of a struggle, Andras looked the cavern floors over for any tell tale signs of an escape. Holding his torch close to the cavern floor, he began to notice a trail, with claw marks on both sides of it in a balanced pattern. Following it, he began to separate himself from the group by a few yards. The trail continued onward to a smaller cavern entrance.

"Find anything, Andras?" Scout stated, following the hunter as he followed the path.

"Take a look at the floor. It looks like something has been dragging itself... almost as if it had been injured."

Also noticing the path, Scout replied. "I see what you mean, but there's no blood around."

"Yeah, I noticed that as well." Looking back towards the group of searching hunters, Andras called out. "Guys, I think there's something in here, possibly close to us... We've got a trail leading off into the smaller part of this cavern (J-10 going northeast to I-11), I think we should head there quickly as possible."

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed May 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Sakujo didn't shoot at the Bulldrome as it retreated. He didn't want to kill an animal that didn't need to be killed, and to him its materials were of little worth. The giant boar could probably still survive despite the injuries too.
On top of those issues, he didn't want to be shooting past his allies unless necessary.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Wed May 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Jago simply let the 'Drome go.

"No point in exerting energy killing something that isn't the target." The Kut-Ku hunter said with a shrug. He sheathed the Great Sword and waited for the others.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

"Hmm... it could have been poisoned." Merdoc said in reply to Andras and Scout's question."I definately think we should investigate this, just not too quickly." he stooped down next to Scout to examine the tracks himself. "No point in giving away the element of surprise if we still have it."
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

Aizen looking around the inside of the cave as he walked. "Even if it was poisoned i really do not want to fight what ever it is on its home ground so i think lureing what ever is in here out into the open would be the best course of action." His care free attidute changed as he said this, he became more mature and calculated. (almost like a split personality)

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

"I agree, with both of you actually. Peculiar that it would be dragging itself around, but much like us hunters, if it were to invade on our land, I'd say we'd have the upper hand. Save for Kokoto's past issues with Laoshan and Shengao... Even so, they've been driven off." Andras observed.

As the group continued on through to the smaller cavern whilst following the trail they eventually came upon a shattered indentation in the cavern floor about 4 meters in diameter, looking similar to that left by the desert dwelling Blos' breed of wyverns. Chunks of ice and rock lay scattered all around the collapsed floor.

"From what I recall, Barroth could indeed burrow. With that monstrous stone formation on it's face and head, it split the ground open like nothing... But ice? Seems like it would take a bit more effort to break." He continued. Looking the cavern over for any further clues, the hunter sighed dejectedly. "Whatever the case, it's gone. Hope X's team has found more than we have."

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top