Frozen Hallucinations

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Sakujo returned his rifle to his back underneath his ghillie suit, switching the safety back on before he did so. "Anything you guys want, nya, to do with the Bullfango bodies?" He asked as he walked towards the cavern entrance, while at the same time sorting out the casings he'd put into his temporary holding pouch.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 pm

"Personally, I have no use for any Bullfango material," X replied to Sakujo. "What's our next step?" . He gathered his things, and waited for a reply.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 08, 2011 8:07 pm

"The cave, I thought, nya, unless we wanna avoid the 'Drome." Sakujo said, finishing putting away the bullets from his temporary holding pouch.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

"This hunt just gets stranger and stranger." Merdoc sighed. "We could try and wait around for whatever made the indentation. Though we might not like what we find." he suggested. Merdoc walked around the cavern. Looking for anything that might be usefull.

ooc: I asume Andras will tell me what I find.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 pm

"Eh, I don't care for anything from the 'fangos." Jago said, shrugging. "We might have to kill the 'Drome, huh? Oh well. I suppose a little more exertion won't kill me."

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm

"Who brought a torch?" Sakujo asked, looking back at the other two while standing at the cavern entrance.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Wed May 11, 2011 8:41 pm

"Ah, yeah. I got one here."

Jago pulled one off of his belt, striking it against the built-in flint and lighting it.

"Onward comrades!" The Kut-Ku clad man said with a laugh.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Sakujo followed Jago into the cave hoping they wouldn't have to fight the Bulldrome again. He wasn't getting his hopes up though.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm

OoC: Like I said, items found in a common tundra/snowy setting from the game can be found around the caverns, as long as it is within reason, and can actually be of use.

Having listened to Doc and Aizen’s statements, Andras nodded in agreement, and paused for a moment as he felt a slight trembling beneath his heavy greaves. The same vibration escalated into a heavier rumbling, cracking the icy cavern floor beneath the hunters and huntress, albiet not large enough for any of them to fall into. This same crack sprawled out from the broken indentation in the floor, and traveled south east, at least according to the map. The crack, eventually making it on into the cavern wall ceased, but the rumbling continued. The wall also cracked open, ice formations falling from it, as well as several icicles, large and small falling from the ceiling above.

“What the hell are we up against anyway?” Scout stated, her blade drawn at the ready. “Have the Blos’ wyverns migrated to the cold now?!”

“I doubt it,” Andras stated calmly. “But those prints sure didn’t look like anything Barroth or either of the known Blos’ species could have made. They resembled talons…” Looking around the cavern, Andras eventually looked back at the tunnel they had entered the caverns from. “Whatever it is, it’s moving south. The map shows there should be another tunnel leading south east just outside of this area. Unless you all need anything in here, I think that’s our best course of action.”

Upon entering the caverns, the other team of hunters was introduced with the same darkness as the other group, albeit more lighted from the outside. The cavern entrance was opened wide with no obstacles. The Drome’s trail of tracks and blood painted a path deep inside of the cavern. The only real obstacles were some of the Popo and Anteka grazing about, even on the inside of the caverns.

.: Attempting to revive that which has been long deceased. :.
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile http://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Sakujo dug the area map out of one of his pouches and unfolded it. "Hmm..." He muttered as he studied its contents.

-
ooc:
@Andras: Would we have entered the main body of this cave (like J-L,1) or are we still in the entrance tunnel (almost I,3-4)?
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm

X cautiously looked around for any signs of trouble, or any parts of the cave that might be unstable. If a cave in were to occur, they could starve to death. He also searched the ground for any markings that the bulldrome could have left behind.
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun May 15, 2011 8:19 pm

OoC: J-4.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 15, 2011 9:06 pm

ooc:
The way I'm reading the map, we'd be out in the field at R-4. :-/

-

Sakujo's eyes started to adjust to the darkness, giving him sight more capable than that of a human due to his feline genetics.

Regardless, he continued ahead into the cave, assuming that's what the group was going to do. He still looked over the map quietly, though glanced up every few paces.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 pm

OoC: J-4 being the entrance, J-3 being the tunnel leading to the cavern. There are no R's on the map, btw.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 pm

"So, shall we head down south, nya?" Sakujo asked the group as they walked. "Going up north is a dead end, basically."
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

"Might as well," Jago replied, shrugging. "No point in going to a dead end."

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 pm

"I wouldn't rule out any dead ends yet," X said in response. "Let's check to the south first though."
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 am

"How about I just quickly, nya, check the north, then regroup with you two down south?" Sakujo proposed.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Thu May 26, 2011 4:00 pm

"Sounds like a good idea. If you're not back soon, we'll come looking, so get out at the first sign of trouble."
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Thu May 26, 2011 8:55 pm

"Alright, I'll do that." Sakujo said as he folded the map up and replaced it into a pocket. He broke off to the north, keeping a little bit of distance from the local grazing herbivores.

-
ooc:
I'd be able to see without a torch, right? Since all these other animals are here (and presumably wouldn't walk around blindly).
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Fri May 27, 2011 2:41 am

Aizen sat staring at the hole. "I suddenly have an urge to jump into this hole and see where it goes." looking around. "Anyone else have the same thought?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat May 28, 2011 11:02 am

"I think that would be a very bad idea." Merdoc intejected. "We don't even know how deep it is or where it goes."
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 pm

As Sakujo headed back off to the northern sectors of the caverns, the rest of the team continued further on into its depths. Rather spacious, albeit somewhat slender in comparison to the other caverns, one could not see too terribly far ahead without a torch.

As they reached close to the middle sectors of the cavern, off in the distance they could hear the squealing cries of what one could assume to be the injured bulldrome, as well as a larger presence. Vibrations shot through the cavern floors as the screams continued, untill it eventually ended with a rather loud thud. Mere moments passed before the group could hear what sounded like ice being raked from the floor, followed by a muffled, almost baratone sounding roar echoed through the cavern.

The group could hear icicles shattering against the cavern floor within the depths as the roar ceased.

“There isn’t much of a hole to jump in, Aizen. It looks like the most of it has caved in. If it were to cave in while you were in there, we wouldn’t be able to get you out, at least, alive.” Andras stated to the anxious hunter. “Whatever the case, we need to get moving, time is wasting. This thing obviously has little issue traversing the tundra, because I can’t even hear it now.”

“Same.” Scout stated. “We need to track it though, if it’s moving that quickly we’ll lose it if we don’t head out.”

Andras nodded at the huntress’ statement. “Looks like we are heading towards K-12. We’ll probably have another drift to dig through, unless whatever it is shook some of it free on it’s escape.”

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Sakujo turned around as the unexpected sounds started to echo through the cave. More likely than not, that was their target monster. Thoughts started brewing in his head about contacting the other group.

He started back in the direction he'd came, going at a walking pace on two legs with the torch held out front. His first priority was getting around all of the herbivores that would likely start stampeding in retreat. He made sure to keep his attention in all directions, unsure of how exactly the herbivores would go about their retreat.

-
ooc:
There are herbivores in this cave, right?
Andras wrote:The only real obstacles were some of the Popo and Anteka grazing about, even on the inside of the caverns.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

OoC: Yep, in the northern segment. Some are outside already, though.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:14 pm

"Well...that didn't sound friendly. Could be what massacred the group before us." Jago said, lighting a torch and holding it high.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:11 pm

"This cave is starting to feel more and more like a death trap," X muttered. "Maybe we should be going, that bulldrome doesn't sound like it lasted very long..."
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 pm

"Agreed." Jago replied, slowly backing down the way they came.

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 pm

X's team
Well aware of the beast’s presence, the hunters chose to evacuate the cavern. A few moments of silence occurred save for the sound of their armor rattling and the echo of their footsteps. The team had pointed the creature off to their presence, as the sound of the icy cavern floor shattering beneath it’s heels echoed through the caverns. It didn’t make rapid progress, so one could assume it was of larger stature, and relatively unconcerned with whatever was making the noise. As they approached the northern exit to the cave, the pacing of the creatures steps continued to advance, eventually matching the pace of the fleeing hunters.

The herbivores grazing wasted no time to retreat from the mouth of the cavern, as the group hustled out of the cavern, back to where they had previously faced the Bullfango’s and their Alpha. The creatures footsteps eventually halted as they watched in anticipation of the creature emerging from the cavern. Nothing could be seen, but they could clearly hear breathing from within the cavern, as well as an abrupt gasp of air, prior to the sound of ice being shattered for several moments, followed by morbid silence.

OoC: Waiting for the other team to respond.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 pm

I say we stick with Andras' plan." Jati put in, looking at the hole in the ground with an uneasy gaze. "There is no way I'm going down there."
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top