Frozen Hallucinations

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Andras on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

"As for a specific reason, I have none other than the climate there is what I am used to. It makes for an advantage when you've lived in similar conditions all your life." The hunter leaned back in his seat, scratching his chin, in thought of what the mission held. "They said that the bite marks were uncommon for bird wyverns, and that leaves me to believe either they were attacked by a Gigginox or a Barioth, given they are common inhabitants in the tundra, but the dying man's last words lead me to believe it is something else. Considering Giggi's leach like maw would leave multiple tiny incisions, and Bari's serrated tusks would have torn them to pieces, it leaves me clueless. I wish I could have seen more on the report, or perhaps read details on the autopsy. But this leaves me curious, and anxious to check things out."

Bending forward, Andras glanced at the melynx seated beside Scout. "How about you, Sakujo? What enticed you to join such a vaguely detailed mission?"

OoC: I can leave you all to it, seeing as how it isn't lethal or anything. Just leave yourselves open to attack, don't just say you hit each other across whatever you see fit. In example, Doc swung his Naginata in a sweeping motion at Aizen's legs, thus giving Aizen a chance to react. If things get out of line, I will step in.

.: Attempting to revive that which has been long deceased. :.
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile http://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:17 pm

ooc:
@Spawn and YKK: I got permission from Andras to moderate your fight. We'll go about it in the way YKK said, being "you can try to do anything, but the moderator posts the results." Do try to keep it realistic though, I'm a stickler for that kind of thing (no pole vaulting).
I haven't really moderated a PvP fight like this, so forgive anything that seems a little unfair. My advice would be, be prepared for what your opponent might do.

(I'll post more in a moment.)
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 pm

"Well, nya, besides the moral obligations as a veteran hunter, I wanted to see one of the infamous tundra bridges." Sakujo explained to Andras, turning partway towards him but still keeping an eye on the sparring match. "Nya, they're supposed to have been built some thousand years ago by the Wyverians, and can take house sized icebergs crashing into them day in and day out, nya, on top of all the hellish elements." As he spoke he looked up at Scout then back at Andras, smiling with enthusiasm. "It's one of those things in the world I've always wanted to see, nya."

-
ooc:
Me and Andras have this planned out, I'm not just pulling this out of my ass. : P
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Grasping his naginata with tow hands and holding it like a spear, Merdoc smiled. He took several quick steps towards Aizen and swung his naginata over his head in a wide arc--aiming for his left knee.

OOC: I think I have an idea. The person posts what they will do and then a spoiler. The spoiler is for the moderator's eyes only and contains information on what that person will do in reaction to the other. For example: If he blocks I'll try and get in close for a check to the chest. If he dodges I'll simply back up. This would be in a spoiler and therefore Aizen wouldn't know wich action is best to take. I don't know if it's a good idea. I'm kinda tired atm but tell me if you think it would work.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 pm

After taking a power nap, Cloud finally wakes, heading to the deck he finds a good half of the passengers sparring and chatting it up. "So, I see you all are going to fight without me... So how far along are we? Anything special happen while I was away? I don't know how long I was out so I just wanted to check in and stay here cause it's kinda scary down there... Any how, I got my money on Doc. Looks like he may have the upper hand."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Aizen being ready for the attack spins around the attack and Sweeps his blade back toward Merdocs ribs/arm. "Try to keep your attacks more narrow, wide arcs are good against large oponents, Like a wyvern. But against a smaller opponent like a man or Jaggi they leave to many openings"

OOC yes i know lot of dialog but he is a Guild official so he gives advice even while fighting. And srk they are on the top deck not down below.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 pm

"Ok, never mind. That guy is way faster, I didn't even see him move... Man, I have so much to learn. To see great hunters fight like this is like spending the day in training camp. His moves are so elegant and accurate it's insane... You all have to train me, you all are so beast!!"
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:46 am

ooc: I think spoilers are the way to go, yes (so there's no need for private messaging). We could do it as:
Combatants post generally visible things normally, like how they're holding the sword, what attack they do or be prepared to do, etc etc.
Spoiler stuff would be reaction stuff, like what do to if the opponent does something, or what to do if your action works or doesn't work.
Moderator then posts the results.
If you do something that doesn't quite follow this way of doing things, don't worry about it.

-

"Let's let 'em duke it out a little before we start making predictions, nya." Sakujo said to Cloud, turning more to the fight in observation.

As Merdoc swung across at Aizen, Aizen spun around to evade, and also garnered power into his own attack through the spinning motion.
Unfortunately for Aizen, his spinning did little to nothing to avoid the horizontal attack delivered by Merdoc, thus he took the hit directly on the knee. Luckily the attack was higher up, thus lacked the leverage to completely take him off his feet.

Merdoc's attack left him open though, so Aizen's spinning attack hit him hard directly in the ribs, just beneath the arm.

The two hunters paced away then, putting themselves at a distance of only a few yards, easily within range of their longer weapons.

-

ooc:
My logic was spinning around would be good for dodging a vertical attack, but not for a horizontal, hence why that hit. Merdoc didn't really prepare for Aizen's attack though, hence that hitting.
I'll try to explain my reasoning for what happened each post, just so there's no confusion or sense of being jipped. Remember this is only a game and there's no shame in losing, we don't want anyone getting upset. If you really feel like your getting screwed though, or that I completely messed something up, say something.

By the way, to make a spoiler, type (spoiler)Whatever you want hidden.(/spoiler)
Replace the () 's with []
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:10 pm

"I apreciate the advice Aizen." Merdoc grinned. "However my style and weapon are geared more towards the larger creatures of my country. But we are taught to adapt." Merdoc began to twirl and spin his naginata in graceful arcs over his shoulders, around his waist, and in his hand. He spun it faster and faster until the blade became a blur. When he could spin it no faster he brought the weapon down sharply, aiming for Aizen's right shoulder.

Spoiler:
If he blocks the attack Merdoc will spin around and aim for his right knee
If he dodges Merdoc will back up.

OOC: If the fancy weilding is too much just let me know
And remember only the moderator looks at the spoilers. Well i guess those not participating in the fight could look as well
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:28 pm

ooc:
I won't stop you from being fancy, just beware the consequences. : P
It wouldn't be so fast that the weapon becomes a blur though. It is still, after all, a large weapon with enough heft to withstand hunting monsters with. Just saying.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:12 pm

ooc: maybe its magic :p jk
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Gauntly staring at the fighters Cloud sat on the deck and inquired. "How are you people so fast?! Thats like some ninja stuff... Anyway, how long is the flight? It seams like were gonna be a while."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:28 pm

OoC: I'm going to let the spar go on for a few more posts, and will probably time skip for continuities sake.

Yokai, overhearing the young hunter called out to him. "We've got several hours ahead of us. Best if you find something to occupy yourself for now."

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 pm

"Thank you, sir."

Looking towards Andras, Cloud removed his facial guard and inquired. "Besides lances what other weapons do you specialize in? You look like you've mastered the hunt in certain ways..."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 pm

A bit taken off by the young man's statement, Andras smiled. "I appreciate that remark, Cloud. While lances and short swords are my weapon's of choice, I've taken quite a fancy to heavy artillery, namely high precision rifles similar to what Sakujo carried aboard, only at a much higher caliber. There's nothing quite like the feeling of bringing a Remobra out of the air several hundred feet away. I'm sure Ms. Scout could even appreciate that, sporting their hides and all."

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Pumped from the sparring taking place, Cloud laughed. "Wow, that's some serious stuff, I just use a long sword... I have a lot of work to do. Perhaps we should spar sometime, Andras."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Ooc sorry I'm tdy right now but I will try to post frequent.

Side steping at the last possible second due to a numbing leg, aizen counter attacks with a verticle swipe a diagnle swipe aimed for the ribs and arms again.

Spoiler:
If connects deals damage to ribs/arms if misses aizen drops to a knee and rolls to the side, if blocked aizen jumps back and the lunges forward with a thrust.

Last edited by Spawn on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:01 pm

ooc:
@Andras: I second that idea.

@Spawn: Remember to close your spoilers with a (/spoiler) tag (replacing the () with []).
I ignored some of your actions just to give YKK a chance to react (since he's going less actions at a time).

-

Aizen was able to side step Merdoc's straight down attack, then brought his own weapon up high to do the same. The attack was telegraphed though, so Merdoc had enough to time step far away from his opponent, letting Aizen's sword drop down harmlessly in front of him.

Again the two were only a few yards away, within range of each other's weapons.

-
ooc:
I figure side stepping a vertical attack would work, and the attack wouldn't be hard to see coming.
YKK specifically said to back step if Aizen evaded, and the long range of his own weapon made it possible to keep enough distance initially so that he could just step away from the long sword (if Merdoc had a shorter weapon I might not have given it to him).
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah it was ment to be a diagnal not verticle I'm useing my phone so its hard to catch stuff

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Merdoc crouched low, his weapon making small figure eights to keep him ready for an attack. He made sure to keep his smaller profile faceing Aizen.

Spoiler:
If he attacks latteraly(or diagonaly) Merdoc will block with his naginata and then make a thrust to his upper torso
If he attacks vertically Merdoc will roll to the left and make a swipe with his naginaga at Aizen's legs.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Scout nodded to Andras with a grin, a little distracted by the two sparring. "You're right, I can definitely relate to that. Personally, I like taking out a good ol' bow and gettin' 'em right in the forehead. That or taking them out with a greatsword." She shifted in her seat a bit. "Everyone in my extended freaking family uses greatswords all the damn time except for me, I feel like such an oddball." She looked about a bit. "Doesn't look like this group is made up of any greatsword enthusiasts though, so I don't feel so bad anymore, hah."
Scout
Hunter

View user profile http://sukautto.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33 pm

ooc:
@Spawn: Don't worry about it.
Diagonal or vertical makes no difference this time around (just encase you were wondering).

-

"Instead we've got longsword enthusiasts, nya-haha." Sakujo joked, though keeping his view on the sparring match. "I counted three coming aboard, almost half of our team, nya, though we've got a great sword user among us too. 'Jago' I think his name was, wearing and using Yian Kut Ku materials, nya."

-
ooc:
Me and Andras had a whole little discussion over the amount of longsword users we had. Some might group in the two naginata's too.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

"Indeed we shall, Cloud, but I believe it will have to wait until we get to the base camp. I believe I'm going to take a load off until then."

Andras rose, stretching about with his arms above his head. Letting them fall back to his sides, the gauntlets rattled sloppily as they made contact with his armor and belt. Grinning a somewhat weary grin the hunter yawned aloud and began to remove his gauntlets. Sitting back against the railing, he placed his gauntlets in the empty seat beside him, allowing his arms to rest on the trim of the railing.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:49 pm

"Ok andras sounds good. Im pumped I cant wait to land!!" yelled Cloud excitedly.
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 am

Aizen taps the blade to the ground and gets ready to attack. Before he can move the cloth around his blade discentigrates and a huge burst of flame erupts from the blade. "Well I guess, that means we are out of time" he says as the flame subsides.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

ooc:
I guess that'll be the end of the fight then.
If I weren't a Felyne Melynx with a gun I'd participate.

-

Sakujo's ears folded as Cloud shouted with excitement, due to his more sensitive hearing ability as a Lylian Lynian.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

"Ya I guess it is." Merdoc said, a little dissapointed. He removed the cloth from his naginata and stored it in his pack. He then placed his cloak back over his shoulders and re-ajusted it until it was comfortably fit. He sat back down next to Scout and Sakujo.

"That was fun. I hope someone else is up for a fight soon."
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 pm

OoC: Dragonboy, please timeskip us to the base cavern. I am fucking sick tonight and I just don't have the motivation to do so. I think I have the flu, so touch us down and let everyone settle in. I may be out a few days with this as I have zero energy. Sick = Suck.

Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

OOC: And Suck=Fuck. Don't ask how or why. Finally we are going to land! And this may be a stupid question, but why did Spawn's weapon catch fire?
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

OOC: Likely due to the cloth being in direct contact with a fiery weapon. In any case, LAND HO!

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top