Frozen Hallucinations

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 pm

OOC: Hey Andras sorry to hear about your sickness. It sucks indeed. Hope you get well soon. Horray for land!!!
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Occ: Andy get better my mentor!! Take it easy, come back when ur ready.

"Land!!" Cloud yelped like a little girl. "Hell yes baby! im so pumped dammit!!" Cloud was bouncing erradicly. "The time is now. Can I get a Amen!!!" Then looks at his felyn counter parts. "Sorry guys im just exited."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 am

Ooc: the cloth caugh fire becdause my sword exudes heat regaurdless so the cloth dried out and when it made contact with something the fluids that are secreted by the materials ignited and burned the cloth off.

"We will have to do this again sometime" he sheaths his weapon and flames seep out. " Next time I will use a non elemental weapon." Going back below deck he grabs ge gear and puts it back on other than his helmet .

Some time later....

"I'm still wondering what type of creature would get two guild officials, a high ranking melynx (you never said what your exact rankimg was but I'm going to assume its high) and other highly skilled hunters and huntress to get out to this place.... if its what I think it could be we might be ill equiped to tackle it. And I may need to send a message back for an equipment change"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 pm

OOC: I guessed that it was a fire weapon, but you said that the blade disentegrated, which was confusing. I suppose you must have meant it metaphorically.

By this time, XXX was awake, and had joined the rest of the group. Overhearing Aizen's undirected inquiry, he said; "I don't think that an equipment change is likely. The message alone would take at least a day to travel to where it needs to be, and then it would have to be read and acted upon. And how could you have any idea of what it could be? I'm sure that the guild would have some clue of it by now, given the climate, and the bite marks. If they don't know, we don't know. You know?
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

OOC: Glyph I believ he was speaking about the cloth not the blade.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

ooc:
@Spawn: You could assume we're all of fairly higher rank, since we're on this quest.

@Everyone: So I'm taking over for Andras temporarily.
I'm not entirely sure what climate we were in originally. Andras had some Aptonoth grazing, so I'm assuming something other than snow, but cold. Oh well, forgive the potential lack of accuracy.

-

As predicted, the airship continued en route to the campsite location for about a half day's time, smooth sailing besides one bird that got killed by one of the propellers, though caused no structural damage to the ship. The landscapes far beneath the vessel gradually changed from flowing green fields to cold snowing plains, transitioning from a more common and friendly climate to that of the harsher tundra. The mountains that were once just far off in the distance were now being flown over by only a few hundred yards, all the blemishes in their white caps perfectly visible to any of the hunters looking over.

The temperature followed a similar transition, going from freezing to well below zero, forcing the hunters to bundle up in some way or another. Their altitude worsened the matter, as did the time of day. The sun was now down and the skies were dark, blanketed by stratus clouds that gently sprinkled the ground, and ship deck, with large flakes of snow.

Wherever the hunters were on the ship, upper or lower deck, in lala-land or not, they could all here a mighty gong being struck, coming from the upper deck. Anyone on the upper deck saw that it was Yokai, who hit it a few more times just to make clear he wanted the hunters up with him, letting the instrument echo out once he was done.

Once all the hunters were on deck he set down the gong stick and turned towards them. Baryn, Sydney and Ozzy were all going about performing their assigned tasks, the specifics of such unknown to the hunters, though similar to before. "We'll be landing in just a few minutes." Yokai said to the hunters, raising his voice slightly to overcome the small amount of wind blowing. "You'd best get your things ready to disembark while I bring her down."

He then turned back around and returned to the bow of the ship, engaging the lever from before as he walked, but in the opposite direction this time. Anyone watching the landscape beyond the ship noticed that, though very gradually, the ship began to float downward, a result of some of the helium being released from the balloon above, enough so that the upward lift just slightly wasn't enough to resist the pull of gravity. They also would have noticed that the ship was no longer moving forward, backwards or sideways, aside from the slight push from the wind.

Down below, the first thing to stand out was a long river and wide river, almost directly beneath the air ship. Flowing through it were glaciers of varying size, some almost invisible at such altitude, others very visible, maybe the size of larger animals or wagons.
Mountains and hills of varying sizes were all about as well, all of them caked in snow. In fact, besides the flowing river the entire place was covered in snow, and only continued to have more laid upon it from the sky.

-
ooc:
True to Andras' style, I tried to make that lengthy and wordy and visually stimulating.

So it's night time, and cold as hell frozen over. If you're not bundled up you better be chugging hot drinks.
As said, just get your stuff together and be ready to disembark. Sorry that we haven't quite landed yet.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

OOC:@ glyph. He is thinking it is a deviljo based on the calibur of hunters on the quest, the lack of evidence do to it being torn apart. And I wasn't saying the re equipment would come instantly. He is going to send the request for his dragon equipment back with the ship and pay them double to have it shipped back as fast as possible which would still be at least 2 days of travel and a day to collect his gear. Which would be in a crate at his house.

" I can't wait to be on the ground". The weather is bearable do to the barioth armor he is wearing but he still isn't impervious to it. "So merdoc was it wher do you hail from?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Jago shivered in the cold that was penetrating the hull of the airship, regardless of the insulation he had added to his thick blue armor. The sooner he got out of the cold, the better. Life in Kokoto had done nothing to prepare him for this. Still, he reasoned, he was a hunter. That meant going out into the miserable cold from time to time.

He silently fastened his Kut-Ku blade to his back and took stock of his items. Satisfied everything was there, he walked to the upper deck. "I swear, next time I'm taking a quest in a tropical area." Jago grumbled, mostly to himself.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

"dam...it's freaking cold..." cloud drinks the hot drink. " ok I'm good now, I'm ready to land."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 pm

ooc:
I'm not sure if I'm doing this quite as Andras planned, but it'll have to do.

-

Oswold peered underneath the railing of the ship near Yokai's position, and shouted out commands to him regarding which way the ship was moving, to which Yokai responded by working certain levers at his disposal. The hunters may have noticed the ship's planar direction of motion changing beneath them, though the propellers of the ship could easily be seen acceleration and deceleration, guiding the airship to where it needed to land. The vertical descent of the vessel remained smooth and constant.

Baryn was busy taking supplies from the lower deck up to the upper deck, placing them nearby the ramp that would be dropped down later for getting off the ship. He used nothing but his own strength to do so, carrying up items that most Felyne could never carry, and even some humans might have trouble with. (ooc: See supply list in the planning thread.)

In between one of his supply runs, he approached the group of hunters with an armload of shovels. They varied in length, weight, head length, head width and head design, all for different specific purposes, but they'd all do well for what he had in mind. "We're gon' need'ta shovel out-the camp-cave." He stated to the group, allowing those there to take the shovels from him before setting the rest down on the ground. "Nya, one'a us'll point ya in'the ri'hght direction when we git there." He said walking away, going back down to the lower deck to continue his work.

He passed Sakujo on his way down the stairs, who came up once again fully equipped in all of his gear. The only differences this time around was that he was wearing his goggles over his eyes, and he had his scarf up so that it covered most of the rest of his face. "Chilly ain't it?" He asked jokingly, though considerably warm himself. "We'll wanna make sure to pack extra-extra hot drink for any traveling we do, nya, heaven forbid we get caught without it."

Curious to see how much longer until they landed, he looked underneath the railing down to the ground below, and witnessed a group of Baggi retreating from the landing site. They probably though the giant airship was another animal that would be the end of them if it got a hold of them. In a sense it was, considering the hunters on board, and the fact that the Baggi needed to clear out.
They were still a considerable distance above ground though, nothing that could be jumped and survived, but it wouldn't be more than a few minutes before they finally touched ground.

-
ooc:
I'll give others a chance to react to this, and for Andras to come back and make the landing post.
If not, my next post could likely be the landing.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Scout had been sleeping half the trip so far, but jumped at the call to action. She accounted for her things, and returned the cloak to Andras with thanks. Moving up toward the railing of the ship, she began to stretch. Cracking her neck a couple of times, she acknowledged the cold with multiple curses. She had worn such thin armor for her own simple reason: becoming too accustomed to the warmth of thick armor would be the end of her. As much as she hated the cold, she still had an easy time getting used to it, but chugged a hot drink anyway. Peering over the railing, she looked down at the site where the camp-cave was supposed to be. "I like it," she said aloud, "It's cozy lookin'!"
She laughed, and threw her large longsword over her shoulder, sliding it comfortably and securely onto her back.
Scout
Hunter

View user profile http://sukautto.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Merdoc sighed, stood, and streatched out the cramps he'd developed from the long ride. Grasping his naginata firmly, he walked over to the pile of shovles. Picking one that he liked, he slid it into his cloak and donned his pack.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 am

"Man im hungry, are we gonna eat here or on land?" asking in general.
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 am

ooc:
@Everyone: We can't even see the base camp yet. The ship would be landing near the red dot (map) in that open area, but all you'd really see is the river and some snow covered hills.
Just to emphasize, it is life taking-ly cold.
You'll want to follow the map some as I make these descriptions.

-

"We'll probably get situated in the camp, nya, then we could throw some food together." Sakujo said getting out from under the railing.

After another few minutes the ship finally touched ground, landing gracefully with little more than a bump, not even bouncing. Yokai then engaged and disengaged more of the levers nearby him, the most noticeable affect being that all the propellers stopped spinning.

Meanwhile, Ozwald went over to the ramp and dropped it down, then grabbed one of the longer fishing poles, basically a stick without any line yet. "Just give me a minute to find the door, nya." He said in a humorous tone, walking off the ship with the long wooden pole over his shoulder.

The ship had landed in an open area right next to the river, the ramp facing away, at level with it as well like a beach shore, just with below zero temperatures instead of well above. Two hills were close by that somewhat enclosed the long area, and the opening between then opened up to a wider snowy plain.

The snow on the ground was a few inches high, irregularly packed down by whatever creatures that passed, though being repaired by the current snowfall. The snow on the hillsides was much higher though, easily a foot or two in height.
Oswald approached the hill to the east (the map matches the cardinal directions), looked around a bit, then thrust the fishing pole into the snow, hitting earth beneath it. It wasn't what he was looking for though, so he drew back the pole then thrust again at a different area. This repeated thrice more, until a thud sounded from beneath the snow from something other than frozen earth. "Alright, here it is!" He said leaving the fishing pole lodged in the wall of snow, turning back towards the hunters. "Nya, just dig right there and you'll find the door to the camp!"

Baryn and Yokai had begun bringing supplies off the ship, and to help out Sakujo did the same. He'd just get in the way of the others if he tried to help shovel.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:26 am

Occ: I just realized that in the other RP its effin hot and on this one theres blizzerds...When ard we gonna be ith the forest lmao.

"Ok I see were its at...Ok guys lets start diggin!" Cloud says exitedly, but then he stops. "Use my hands right? Cause if you all have shovels ima look like a dumbass..."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 am

ooc:
That's a funny connection between the two, it hadn't really dawned on me.
However, the other one is about to get chilly, since we're entering the cave. Nighttime will be bad as well.

Anyway, back on topic. There's at least two feet of snow, likely more, covering the camp door, and a few feet wide. Using your hands probably wouldn't work too well, plus you'd be in the way of the others trying to shovel.
There's a whole bunch of different shovels lying in a pile on the ship deck that Baryn put out.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:31 pm

OOC: just a though you do realize the closer to the earth you get the warmer it is right? so the ground level would actually be warmer than what it was on the ship. Just a thought

Aizen grabbed the largest shovel he could find and jumped right in and began shoveling like a snowplow(i know they dont exist in this world but was useing it as an example) "We will get to that door soon enough" His Barioth armor acting as a buffer to the cold that was around him "If it wasnt for this armor i would be shakeing so much i wouldnt be able to do this right now." he mutters to himself as he continues digging.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 pm

ooc:
It would be warmer closer to the earth, yes, but its still cold enough to kill you.
I won't make a big deal out of it, but I wouldn't say Barioth has much or any heat canceling ability (I'm aware of its in-game skill). If you look at it, It's got a lot of skin exposed, mostly around the arms but also the belly.

-

Gradually Aizen made his way through the massive pile of snow that had been formed around the camp door. He had yet to even reach the door beneath though, just because there was so much snow in the way. Snow from the side and above fell into his clearing as well.

-
ooc:
Nothing personal to Aizen, I'm just trying to emphasize how much freaking snow there is on the hillsides. This isn't meant to be a task that just takes a few minutes (especially for one person).

Poor Andras is still sick.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:52 pm

OOC: i realized it wouldnt be quick he is just power houseing through the snow as fast as he can. And i never said he was impervious to the could but he had a buffer to it which means it would nt be as cold to him as someone wearing non cold gear.

"Damn snow why is there so much of it." Aizen said as he continued to shovel it out working to bothe sides now aswell to give extra room.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:13 pm

wraping his heavy trench coat more tightly around him, Jati jumped to the snowy ground below the airship. He slung his naginata over his shoulder and at the same time withdrew his shovel. He approached the snow bank and began shoveling out large clumps of snow.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Jago grabbed a shovel, walked down the ramp, and started digging.

"Hate the cold, love the white stuff it brings. Funny how that works, huh?"

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:35 pm

ooc:
My opinion is that the greatly exposed arms would nullify any cold canceling, but oh well.

-

After clearing through over two feet of snow the two three hunters started to expose the wooden doorway of the campsite. There was still a ton of snow looming just over the doorway though, and its side weren't fully exposed, and the little pathway still had a lot of snow in it.

"By the way you two three!" They could hear Yokai calling to them. "There's a smoke shaft and ventilation shaft somewhere above that door! Make sure to dig those out too!"
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Jago snapped off a halfassed salute, before looking about for said vent.

"Ah hah, there you are you little..."

BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 pm

"Hey I wonder if I can use my LS to melt the ice it has a fire atrabute..." askin in general.
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

"Thats not a bad idea" aizen says planting the shovel into the ground. "Here goes nothing" he removes his Fireblade off of his back and flames erupt as it comes out of the sheath. Raiseing the blade above his head he brings the blade down into the snow and hits the ground and the instant it does a large burst of fire erupts out and melts the snow down to water. "I bet that is gonna freeze in no time though."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 am

"Hey dont forget the ventilation and smoke shaft." Cloud says as he draws out his LS. "Aisen help me find it, then unfreaze it." Cloud pokes around in the snow, watching the snow turn into little puddles of water around him, anxiously lookin for the vents. "Were are they..."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 am

ooc:
Creative idea with the fire element swords. As Aizen mentioned though, it'll just refreeze as ice (on the ground), which isn't something you want just outside of your doorway.
To activate the fire elements I'm presuming you have to hit something hard, which here would be the ground, so that'd be more for the snow close to the ground. Flashes of fire I don't think would melt a WHOLE lot anyway.
I hate stomping down on ideas like this, but that's just my reasoning.

-

Yokai, Baryn, Sakujo and Oswald all finished getting the supplies off the ship onto the ground, but now were waiting for the cave doorway to be fully cleared out of snow.

Cloud poked around above the door a few times, striking earth and simmering some snow beneath, until finally he felt his sword go deeper, likely finding where one of the vents was. It felt like he hit metal.

"I'll git-the shafts." Baryn said as he approached the digging group with a shovel of his own, matching his size with a wide and flat head. He climbed up the hill from beside the door, sifting his way through the high piled snow, until he was standing above the doorway.

He then started shoveling the snow off to the sides like the others had been, clearing off the two shafts and any snow that might fall down onto the path below later on.
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 am

Occ: I had another idea and if they dont Db ima roadhouse you lmao(if you dont know wut it is go on youtube and look it up)

Cloud just thought of another idea that would work like a charm for getting grip on ground when it freezes. He turned to Yokai, Bryan. "Do you have any sand bags, or extra sand by anychance? If you do we can melt the ice then put the sand on top to keep grip so when we go on the quest we wont slip and slide by the door."
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Merdoc continued to shovel around the door, making the pathway leading up to it both wider and safer for the hunters. All the while he cursed the cold; he wished he was back in the windswept plains of his homeland. At least there a sturdy coat could keep you warm. But he was here now and had to make the best of it. He hoped beyond all hope that the inside of the camp was warmer than the outside.
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

OoC: Sorry I have been away so long folks. Had a bad case of the flu and was bedfast for a few days. Feel infinitely better now, with only a sore throat. Sound like a grizzly bear, hahah. Also, thanks for taking over for a few days, DB.

Putting his heavy gauntlets back on, the hunter politely accepted his robe, nodding and grinning at the huntress. Slinging it over his shoulder, Andras turned and headed below deck to collect his supplies and weapons. Holstering his lance on his back, he fastened his shield and blade to his arm and ascended back to the deck of the ship. Looking the land over, the hunter breathed in the overly brisk night air, eventually breathing out a quickly fading cloud of steam.

Collecting one of the flat headed shovels, the hunter climbed down the ramp, still looking the land over. Noticing the path the other hunters had made, he advanced onward towards the other’s busy shoveling out the entrance, and began to do the same.

“I’m sure the cavern will be just fine, folks. Pokke utilizes similar structures in the deeper segments of the mountains. They are most certainly nice, once you get the stove burning.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Busy unloading the ship, Yokai paused to hear the young man’s inquiry. “I don’t believe we have any sand aboard the ship, but we may have some coal cinder left in the crews cabin stove as well as some left over ash. Might be beneficial to you all somehow…”

“Of course there’s some sand, old man.” Baryn stated, carrying a small chest of supplies out of the ship. “We’re lynian’s after all, we don’t really use the same accommodation’s as humans and wyverians.”

Yokai’s pale face flushed at the mention. “Ah yes, how foolish of me to forget.”

“I ‘spose we could lend ya a bag or two, boy. SYDNEY!!” The disheveled felyne bellowed.

Startled by the yell, the female lynian approached the railing, peering over it at Baryn.

“Fetch this young man two bags of sand. That aught’a be enough to leave us plenty on the way back.” He stated,

“Hai.” She stated, descending into the hull, eventually returning with one bag, returning and bringing the second to the deck. Letting the second bag fall, she sighed aloud. “Phew… All yours, master Cloud.”

.: Attempting to revive that which has been long deceased. :.
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

View user profile http://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top