The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Camo

2 posters

Go down

Night Camo Empty Night Camo

Post by Jeffman! Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 am

I know some of you hunt, and I was wondering what color is best for night camo? I know it shouldn't be a solid color, but what is my least horrible choice when it comes to that.

Jeffman!
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Night Camo Empty Re: Night Camo

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm

It depends on what you might be hunting. Sorry to sound like a know it all douchebag, but get ready for a lengthy post. Tigers are orange. Do you know why? Most of the things that a tiger hunts are color blind to the color orange. In fact, a bright orange safety vest will appear to be a neutral color to deer. The best kind of night camo would be mostly grey. (Or is it gray?) black is often dark to the point of standing out, whereas gray blends much better. If you need proof, look at many animals. Light brown, grey, or other dull neutral colors present the best camouflage. More important than camo I would say, it how you use it. Animals that are active at night typically rely more on motion and outlines rather than colors and patterns. For outlines, staying behind a bush, tree or anything else that might break your overall human silhouette is a good place to hide. When looking at animals, look at them from the side of the cover, not over the top. Breaking the skyline is the easiest way to get noticed. If the animal ever looks in your direction, freeze. If they flee, do not attempt to follow, they will already be on the alert, and some distance away. Animals also have excellent senses of smell and hearing. Avoid anything that could produce a loud or sudden noise. If you can, try to stay downwind of the animal as well.

I know that the last part wasn't all that related to camouflage, but its still good to know. (If you didn't already, my guess is that you did.) Please know that I have never been hunting (I am liscensed to do so, I even took a course a while ago), but I do enjoy stalking animals that may be near my house. Out of curiousity, what kinds of things will you be hunting?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffman! Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Actually, I won't be hunting anything, and I just realized how unclear I was. Sorry, I just had a general question about what is the single best camo color, and figured a hunter would know. But you certainly did answer my question! Thanks!

Jeffman!
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum