The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Maze RPG

4 posters

Go down

Monster Maze RPG  Empty Monster Maze RPG

Post by Adjectutor Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 am

I've had my first idea for an RP of my own. The title basically explains the main idea. You will be a group of hunters (split into groups of a maximum of four) who will go through a maze filled with monsters from any of the existent Monster Hunter installments, in an arrangement and environment that I will choose. There is no huge picture behind this RP, no main plot if you will, except that you are hunters taking on the most challenging hunting facility in all the land and will be paid greatly upon succeeding.

The maze quest will consist of I'd say 5 rooms, completion of the last room being your success on the quest. Also, between each room (1-2;2-3;3-4;4-5) there will be some sort of puzzle that involves using your mind and a little innovation to proceed (they won't be made too difficult, and if it remains unsolved, I will slowly fill in the blanks with my character.) You should use a generic monster hunter character, using around S-Level armor. Stats will not play a part in the RP, And physics will be realistic compared to the game, but still basically ingame physics apply. I decide ultimately what happens to the monster/when a puzzle responds to correct action.

Now, I'm going to explain how to split up the hunting groups which cap at 4. Sort of like the way dragonboy splits some players between an A and B block in his RP on Minegarde, Maskata City, I will create a thread called Monster Maze (#) For the number of hunting parties that participate. Also, I will allow one of the members of each maze seperate from mine (Maze 1) to be the "Maze Master." The Maze Master basically has the powers that I stated above, determines what monster(s) you fighting, what (if any) puzzles you face, and is basically the GM of that thread for the duration of the hunt (I will continue to look over all of these and police an unfair Maze Master.)

This RP is meant to be sort of like the Monster Hunter series: (There's generally no backstory and most of the story happens in the Maze(s).) Do feel free to post character information here. When and If the RP exceeds 4 members (including myself), I will take requests for Maze Masters of another hunting party. Other than that, feel free to join my brain-teasing, fighting-packed RP, I will start it up when the first party of four has posted characters and are ready to begin. I will start off by including my own character.

Name: Sagaro Hawthorne

Appearance: 6 feet tall exactly, donning Black Tigrex armor, long black hair in a tie coming out the back of the helmet. Dusk-grey eyes.

Personality/Backstory: Sagaro grew up under a strict training regiment from his parents who ran his town's hunting-training school. Serious and demanding, also a quick/critical thinker. Impatient and short-tempered when dealing with stupid or rebellious types.

Feel free to think of a little backstory, but don't worry about being specific, it hardly matters, just include appearance, age, name and personality. Hope you take a liking to this idea, I dreamt it up last night.
Adjectutor
Adjectutor
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Monster Maze RPG  Empty Re: Monster Maze RPG

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 am

Name: Urvan Cook
Armor: Second Generation Black Gravios (Z)
Weapon: Juggernaut (Bluish Anvil Hammer)
Basic Physical Appearance: White skin. Average height. Built for maximum strength and toughness (non-lean muscle). The rest is concealed by his armor.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Alright, I guess I'll join. Just don't expect me to know any of this new-fangled, high-fallutin', shit. (I only have the first game, if that's a problem)

Name: Picto Iverew
Armor: Hornetaur(+) (whichever is more applicable)
Weapon: Eager Cleaver
Other: One day, as he was walking to his job as an accountant, Picto said "Fuck it," and became a monster hunter.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

Hosoi Lee
Armor: Rathalos Soul Z
Wepon: Knockout Blade
Appearance and stuff: 5'11, lean 23 year old man. Has ocean blue eyes. He is a very reserve person, don't talk much but when he does it's important. keeps to himself and you will hardly notice he's there. He's a persice hunter, always thinking of a way to demoblelize the monster and lettin his fellow hunter go for the kill. "so hosoi tell me how u plan on taking this dam thing down!?" Hosoi look at the hunter, runs off and comes back. "finish it..." the hunter has a shocked look on his face "what do u..." looks over the corner "holy sh..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down