Status: INFECTED

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm

"Damn it, you two alright?" Jake worriedly asked the two injured as he tried to slide past the others to check on them.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am

The first of the two anonymous soldiers was nowhere to be seen, likely buried by the massive collapse. The other merely groaned, and attempted to pick himself up off the ground. The massive cloud of dust had yet to settle, and any flashlights pointed in the direction of the cave-in illuminated the cloud, further obscuring vision. Anyone with their thermal sensor on, however, could see something large, still moving amidst the rubble. Smaller pieces of concrete rolled and fell from the pile of debris, as something big rose up. An ear piercing shriek echoed throughout the passage, muffled for anyone wearing LPA, but still loud enough to be painful. The soldier still sprawled out on the ground panicked, and was getting to his hands and knees when something pinned him down by his back. Something cracked, whether it was bones, his armor, or the concrete below him, nobody knew. The science officer, who was one of the closest in the group to the collapse, without being a part of it, backpedalled, firing a handgun wildly into the smoke.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am

"Shit!" Callie exclaimed. She had her thermal on and took aim with her beretta at the large figure that was moving around in the rubble and started to fire at it making sure to no hit any of her companions in the process.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am

"All the more lovely!" Jason said, though his calm-ness was gone from his voice. He knew his torch wasn't going to do any good, so he took out his other gun and shot at it, being careful not to hit his own allies.
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

Jake took a knee against the wall and switched to thermal vision, trying to locate this obvious and large threat.
If and only if he had a likely shot would he fire, and in short bursts.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

Dax tried to calm himself as gunfire errupted all around him. Thinking logically, he decided to cover his companion's flank. Just in case something else decided to join the party. He figured that the combined fire from Jason's, Jake's, and Callie's weapons would be enough to bring the creature down. Dax switched to thermal on his HUD and waited for a target to present itself.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 pm

OOC: I don't quite remember what weapon everyone was using. Could everyone (Except StarLady) say which weapon they're currently using?
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

ooc:
Machine gun. One that we picked up from the previous collection of corpses. It may or may not have been standard issue for the military (I remember they at least used it some though, and Jake and Jason had at least some familiarity with it).
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:31 pm

ooc: I don't remember...
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

OOC: AK-47
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am

OOC: @DB: Gauss Rifle. Can't really burst fire with it though. It's recoil-less, but the electronics would overload if fired that quickly. @Blaster: Eh, don't worry about it, I know it was an assault rifle.

Through any thermal scanners, the target was not much warmer than the surrounding concrete, but massive enough that it was easy to hit. The incoming fire from the disoriented group didn't seem to have much of an effect on the target, it shrieked again, but was cut short as a hit from the larger caliber gauss rifle made it's mark. It quickly shrugged off the blow however, and began to move towards the group, apparently unphased by their counterattack.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 am

ooc:
I believe I had an assault rifle like Jason did (taken from the bodies), but no matter.

-

Jake was stupefied at how this thing wasn't obliterated by the Gauss rifle, let alone seemingly unharmed.

All he could think to do though was reload and try again, though reflexively he did began pacing backwards, seeing as he was the closest to the monster.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am

"**** this!" Jason said a he holstered his rifle and took out his flamethrower, "Fire in the hole!!" He shouted as he charged forward, letting the flames fly once he was in range of the creature.
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

"Shit." Dax said as he turned around to see the creature advancing. "Guys I think it would be a good time retreat." He shouted over the COM.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Jason grunted before he charged in with his flamethrower. He didn't want to back down, but he knew Dax was right. "Your right. We don't stand a chance against this thing." Jason started to back off, getting his rifle ready again. Should someone be unable to flee, he'll shoot the creature until they escape, then flee himself.
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

ooc: Bump?
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Still unaffected by the group's fire, the target made its way further towards them. It slowed as a cone of flame erupted from Jason's flamethrower, hesitant to continue. The fire licked and burned away, but to no avail.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 am

ooc:
FYI: Star said she's really busy lately.

-

"RETREAT!" Jake shouted to everyone, making the group decision official.

He started backwards, keeping attention on the creature so that he could act accordingly.
Once everyone was turned around and running, he would do the same.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Blaster427 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 am

"I'll hold it off!" Jason shouted, keeping the flamethrower burning, slowly taking a step back whenever the creature advanced, though never letting himself go behind his allies.
avatar
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 235
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

ooc: Sorry I haven't posted sooner.
-

Callie started retreating with everyone else. She realized that her hand gun was no match against this thing, so she put it away and was ready to draw her sword from her back as soon as she needed it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 am

OOC: It's okay, you're not the only one who should've posted, I've been putting this off for way too long.

The target, now brightly lit on any thermal scanners from the combined arms of the group, stopped it's relentless advance. The target grew smaller, as if hunching over, or crouching, and backed away from the group. With another ear piercing screech, more debris and pieces of concrete and earth flew in all directions, only to stop a few moments later. As the storm came to an end, the target's heat signature was nowhere to be seen.
"Whatever the hell that was," said the science officer, "it's moved out of motion detection range. I suggest we move before it swings around again."
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 am

"Let's get movin' then, fast." Jake said, still in a panic.

-
ooc:
Not sure what the party arrangement is or who's leading, but I suppose we just get moving fast in any direction, in hopes that it gets us somewhere.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 am

"I'm all for that." Callie agreed moving with the group to get away.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:44 pm

OOC: The way you came in is collapsed, just in case I hadn't already said that.

The group, which now consisted of only the survivors and the science officer quickly retreated. Bits of concrete littered the floor, but nothing was a serious hindrance to movement. Moving past the split in the path, the corridor gradually widened, and increased in height. It ended, about 100 feet later, with a large metal door. The door did not appear to have any handles or hinges on it, only a small computer panel to the left of it.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 pm

"What the hell..." Jake said with short breath, looking over the foreign computer terminal.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21 pm

"Hey doc, can you open this dor or what?" Dax turned around, looking for the man.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

OOC: Uhhh... I guess I didn't realize nobody in the group really had any computer skills.

The science officer made his way to the front of the group and looked over the panel. "Well, it looks fairly standard, I sh-" he stopped in midsentence. "It appears we've been pursued. Whatever we just ran from is following us, moving about 5 miles an hour, directly down this corridor." He pointed the way the group had came. "I can get this door open, but it will take some time. It's likely that our enemy will be on us before I can get it open, so you'll need to keep it at bay for... a little less than a minute." He turned back to the panel, brushed off the screen, and began the process of opening the door. Meanwhile, something rumbled from further down the corridor, and something shook the ground beneath the group's collective feet. Nothing had yet appeared on thermal scanners.

OOC: I meant to ask last post, but how is everything? Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? Anything I could be doing better? Would anyone like to see more or less of anything? If anybody has any suggestions or comments at all, I'd love to hear them.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

ooc:
Thoughts on things.
Spoiler:
I think the situation right now is pretty good. I'm curious to see how it ends and such.

A little bit of a concern is that the only useful skills as of late have been combat related. I think things have become very militaristic, when we were expecting a wider variety of things. The battle suits kind of hammer this point home.
Things have also been kind of linear. I'd like to be able to address problems in a variety of ways, and we'd need to think up those ways.

This is only an idea, but an idea for a mission I'd like would be something like: Go out of the stronghold with a general object (retrieve something, rescue people maybe), and we go about that objective however we decide (maybe with some basic guidelines though). You might give us some stuff to work with (a car, some guns, misc. supplies), but not a shit ton (these power suits, lots of NPC helpers). We might need to take up shelter somewhere, fortify it, think of how to handle the zombies (ideal route).

Stuff like that, if it gives you any idea. This may only be my preference.

I remember an RPG very similar to this (zombie apocalypse). Something that I really liked about it was that we were given a very mediocre starting base camp (mini-mart, which had some food and basic fortifications) to start, and it was up to us and our creativity to make it a better place. OR, we had to find a better place in the city (cities I think provide more opportunity). The GM was pretty loose (very free form), so doing something like finding some dumpsters to fortify the doors wasn't much trouble at all (we did that).
We also needed to go out and find stuff, like food, weapons, etc. We had to risk the zombies each time.
There was also so cooperation and splitting up (some people go to hardware store while others fix up base camp), granted the RPG had a lot of people, and we don't have a ton here. On the idea of splitting up though, it let people do whatever they wanted to some degree.

If you would dare to go over to Minegarde, here is a link to the RPG. Link.

I know that RPG had a very different set up than what we've got now, but consider it food for though.
I also know now is a very hard time for transition (or rebooting), which is fine.

I might change characters when the time comes. I like Jake as a character, but playing the idiot is hard for me. :-P
This is more my fault than anything. He's good for combat situations such as these though, so I'm perfectly fine with him for now.

I think I've had a good amount of opportunity to roleplay, but I'm not sure how well off the other's have been. I think this ties back to the militaristic vs wider variety thing.
I forget if the Gauss Rifle was reloaded.

-

Jake tried to think of a solution to the oncoming monster problem. The Gauss rifle's ineffectiveness was discouraging, almost negating any means of offensive on the monster.

Thinking of a different type of answer to the problem, Jake moved down the hall some, and pointed the cannon at the ceiling. He fired, hoping to bring the ceiling down some to block the path to some degree.

-
ooc:
If there was anything that looked key to the structure, like a support beam, he'd shoot that.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:08 pm

OOC: Uh Glyph, that's kinda my guy's thing. He was just asking if the doc had an access code to make it simpler.

"I'm pretty handy with computers myself, maybe I could help." Dax offered. "My AK can't do jack to that thing anyway."
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

ooc: My thoughts
Spoiler:
I like the story it has a good feel to it and it makes you want to find out what happens next. I feel a little lost in the setting. I am not familiar at all with military surrounding and workings and such. I feel like I am not a very good contributer as I have no knowledge with these things and am not very helpful as a character as such. But I think that your imagination is great and that you are doing a good job. I am sorry that I am not.
-

Knowing that she is useless with her hand guns, Callie pulls out her short sword and will use that to help disctract and buy time if needed. She knows that she is fast and agile so hopefully she can prove useful in someway.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum