Status: INFECTED

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm

OOC: So...not to be a nag...but...how's that update coming?
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:49 pm

OOC: Alright, that's enough fucking around. Sorry for a fairly sudden and lengthy abscence, but I'm back now. So, everyone is still in town, but it's pretty much fucked (read; ZOMBIES). Where you are and what you're doing is up to you, and everyone has the equipment that they posted in the planning thread. The town's probably been like this for about a week, so chances are that you have some experience with the infected. GO.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 pm

OOC: Oh lordy lordy halaluya! Can I get an amen?

Dax looked over the edge; he steadied himself as a gust of wind caught his leather jacket. He took a deep breath and shook the vertigo from his stomach. He had made his home on the rooftop his apartment building. After he saw the masses of infected at the town square he knew he had to get some place safe. He had collected his things from his apartment and barred the door leading to the roof. No body elese had tried to follow him. Down below he could see several of the infected milling around the bulding. They were a constant anoyance and an ever growing threat. Stepping away from the edge, Dax returned to the tent he had pitched on the roof (and yes it is exactly what you think). Inside were his AK-47 and his two way radios. He had been trying for days to get them to pick up any kind of radio transmission--so far no luck.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm

ooc:
I actually doubted Glyph's post, thinking it was posted several weeks ago or something. I had to read it's post time.
It's good to see this back though, really.

If there's any issues with what I assume in this post, lemme know.

-

After the outbreak started, or at least when the violence started, Jake had driven himself home. Soon after that he killed the man he'd rescued when the man's infection symptoms started to appear.

Since then he holed up in his humble house on the city's outskirts. He'd moved furniture around to make the place into something of a stronghold, but avoided things like hammering nails because of the attention drawing noise they'd make.

His hygiene had gone to hell over the coarse of the week, just like the city had. He hadn't bathed for the whole duration, or done anything to clean himself. To make that exponentially worse, he'd worn the same clothes the whole time; his camouflage hunting gear. Him being a large and hairy fellow just made things worse. His whole house smelled just like him, practically filled with his sweaty concentrate, as it was not allowed to be vented out.
To top it all off, his once full but short beard grew damn near an inch.

He'd been living off whatever food and drink he had in his refrigerator, plus the deer meat and what water came from the tap.
He made an attempt to moderate is intake, and not doing much besides sitting indoors helped with that. He also consumed what would go bad easiest first.

Despite his efforts, munitions were running out and/or going bad. He couldn't last like this much longer.

-
ooc:
He's starting to remind me of the hobo from Hatter's ZRPG, with the smelling and the beard. (Minegarde reference.)

Again, if there's any issues, lemme know.

Would having a garage with a lot of tools be acceptable? For some reason I picture Jake having a garage like that, and it makes some sense with his construction worker background.
If it's not allowed though, that's fine. If it is though, he'll be hoarding everything into his truck before he ventures out.

Again, it's great to have this back. Good for the site's activity too.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 am

OOC: Having a garage or tool shed would be perfectly acceptable, but any power tools or equipment that you use will have limited fuel/battery life.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:35 pm

OOC: Apparently not so good for site activity, this place is a fucking ghost town. I guess I'll just wait a few more days to see if anybody still gives a shit, then I'm just giving up altogether.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 pm

I sent a message to the Minegarde people telling them this was back.

Flaxfire announced a hiatus from all RPG's.
Squipix is busy, but will return to RPG's in general at some point.
I'll bug BC when I see him again.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Roy looked around his small apartment. There were two bullet holes in the door, put there to silence the person clawing at his door. He was quite certain the man was going to kill him if the crazed sounds he was making were any indication, so... Roy struck first.

Looking the place over, he noticed he was quite low on food. He peeked out of the bullet holes, and upon seeing the way clear, opened the door. He proceeded down the hallway, P90 on his back and M1911 in his hands.



____________________________________________

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
avatar
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 172
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 26
Location : Baltimore, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:55 am

OOC: Alright we got three people!
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 pm

OOC: Fuck it. Maybe we'll get some chocolate helicopters out of this yet.

@BC: Roy had gone no more than 20 feet when one of the apartment doors behind him flew open. Two figures entered the hallway, and their blooded apparel was an easy indication that they were infected. They took no time in spotting, and then running all out for Roy.

@DB: From outside the house, the sounds of screeching tires made their way down the street. Heavy weapons fire erupted from nearby. Shouting, impossible to make out over the noise of the gunfire, came from nearby as well. For about a minute, the gunfire continued, on and off. Finally, it stopped, and two voices started talking. The tone of argument ended as one of the voices rose up;
"Hello!? Is there anybody out there!?"

@KKB: Nothing came over the radio but static. From the streets below, someone screamed, and a glass bottle was smashed.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 am

Jake quickly ran upstairs and moved some furniture out of the way of the window. After unlocking the window and opening it, he visually searched for who he'd heard and called out "Over here!"

-
ooc:
I imagine he has his shotgun and pistol (both w/ ammo) on his person.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Roy dropped to one knee and fired for center mass, attempting to put two rounds into each infected individual. Hoping that would stop them, he then turned and started running down the hallway, careful to avoid the various debris scattered around.

____________________________________________

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
avatar
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 172
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 26
Location : Baltimore, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Dax heard the scream over the static from his radios. The first thought that came to him was that it would be nice to have some company. The second thought was that they were most likely in trouble. He sprung to his feet, quickly packing all of his essentials, including the first aid kit, into his duffle bag. On his way out of his tent he grabbed his AK-47, slung it over his soulder, and picked up his crowbar. He ran to the door leading down into the apartment complex. He removed the locks and metal bar keeping it shut and listened. Upon hearing nothing he took a deep breath and kicked the door open, raising his crowbar at the same time.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 pm

@DB: On the street outside, two men stood near a large, heavily modified pick-up truck. One of them spun to face Jake, assault rifle raised. Seeing no threat, he lowered the weapon. "Hey! How many are with you?" His partner, still on the lookout for possible hazards, cried out; "We've got more of 'em!", and fired at something behind a fence. More infected quickly showed up, and they began to surround the truck. "Shit! Get down here," the first man commanded of Jake. "We need to get!"

@BC: Of the four shots fired, three found their target. The first indivual shook from the impact of the slugs, and went down, not moving. The other was hit in the shoulder, and lost it's balance, falling to the ground. It was quick to return to it's feet however, screeching it's displeasure as it began it's pursuit once more.

@KKB: From the ground below, gunfire erupted, and there was more screams, of people both infected and not. Nothing moved in the stairwell leading down into the rest of the apartments, but something cried out down below as more gunfire resounded off the walls.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by BizzarreCoyote on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 pm

"Ah shit." Roy spat, continuing down the hallway and looking for a safe place to duck into.

____________________________________________

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" - Zero
avatar
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 172
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 26
Location : Baltimore, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Dax heard the screams and gunfire echoing through the desolate stairwell. His blood chilled but he willed himself to continue his decent. He shifted his duffle bag so it rested securly on his back. He raised his crowbar and cautiously decended the stairs.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 am

@BC: The rows of apartment doors that lined the hallway were either locked, or boarded up. As he passed by one of the doors near the end of the hall, a group of 3 infected came out of one of the doorways, shuffling slowly along at first, but quickly increasing their pace as they spotted Roy. Now at the end of the hallway, there was nowhere left to turn but the stairwell.

@KKB: The stairs appeared to be empty, until Dax had gone down a couple of flights that is. Most likely attracted by the commotion from that floor, a large group of infected were making their way up the stairs, uttering guttural grunts and growls at each step. The mob most have been 10 or 12 members strong, but there could easily be more below. On the landing above the horde, Dax was still unseen by any of it's number, although they were fast approaching. Dax would have to make a choice, climb back up to the roof, pass through the door on his left, leading into the apartments, or fight his way through the crowd to continue downstairs. The last option was the most dangerous, or so it appeared to be, judging from the onslaught of infected below.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Dax saw the hord aproach him from the bottom of the stairs. If he went back up he might never be able to leave. There were too many to mow down with his AK. His only logical option was to take the door to his left. Taking several steps back, Dax took a deep breath and charged the door, shoulder first.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 am

ooc:
For this post, if having Jake prepared earlier for leaving (put all of his tools and crap into his pickup truck) is not allowed, just correct me.

-

Without bothering to close the window, Jake hurried down into his garage where his pickup truck rested. He undid a few fortifications to the garage door, threw it up, then got into his truck and started the engine.

Looking over his shoulder, he peeled out of the garage and driveway with the petal to the floor, cutting the corner of the curb on his way out. All of his tools and whatnot in the back jumped and slid everywhere during the maneuver, but luckily he'd tied a tarp down over the top, keeping everything inside.

Once he was up relatively beside the other truck and facing the same direction, he drew his high power revolver out from under his coat. It was a little more suitable for shooting while driving, but he still had his shotgun slung over his shoulder.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 pm

@KKB: The door gave way into the apartments, although it did not leave a pleasant feeling in Dax's shoulder. Now in the main section of apartments, he stood in a hallway, with doors on either side. On his way through the door, Dax had narrowly avoided colliding face first into a man who was near the doorway. Beyond him were several infected, quickly making their way towards the two by the stairwell door. From the previous room, several infected had noticed Dax and his efforts to break through into the apartment. The large group was now making a much expedited attempt to reach him, and would likely do so in only a few short moments.

@DB: The two men had already gotten back into their own vehicle before Jake had managed to get his started. Once he pulled out towards them, they drove off the same way they had came, the man in the passenger seat signaling for Jake to follow.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 am

Jake followed behind the other truck, keeping off to the side slightly to see what was ahead better. He had both hands on the wheel, but with one hand also held his revolver, the safety of which was on. All of his windows were intentionally rolled up and closed, for the likely event that infected tried to get inside.

-
ooc:
For future reference, shall we say his truck only has three seats? The driver, shotgun, and in the middle?
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:09 pm

"Well shit!" Dax exclaimed as he saw the second group of infected in the hall. He could hear the first group aproaching fast. He turned to the door he had just broken through and used his crow bar to barricade it shut. He turned back around and noticed a man standing there. He raised his AK but saw that he wasn't infected. "Can you shoot?" he asked, giving the man his revolver. Not taking the time to get a confirmation, Dax went to one knee and took aim at the closest infected. He fired two rounds, both aimed for the head.

OOC: I'm guessing that the "man" isn't infected, otherwise you would have said zombie or something. If he was a zombie I'll re-post.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Dax: (Apartment complex, 4th floor. (Downtown))
The infected dropped, it's face torn apart by one of the bullets. 4 more infected indivuals could be seen in the hallway, each one making every effort to reach Dax and the other man. The other man tossed Dax's revolver to the side, and unslung his own weapon. Flicking the safety off, he fired the AA12 down the hallway in short bursts of three shots. The nearest infected was stopped in mid stride, before being blown away by a subsequent burst. Another infected was also cut down, falling to it's knees and bleeding profusely. The infected on the other side of the door, began to smash and break their way through the shattered frame of the stairwell door.
Spoiler:
AA12. (13+/-(10+/-1)=2, 15+/-(18+/-1)=2, 7+/-(12+/-1)=4) (3-(5-2=3)=0[DEAD], 4-(5-2=3, 5-4=1)=0[DEAD])
NOTE: Somehow I've had my head up my ass this entire time and have forgotten to do this. Above is an example of how combat is pretty much going to work (More info in planning thread).

Jake: (Outer city road. (Outskirts))
The truck ahead continued at a cautious speed, taking it's time to avoid any wreckage, abandoned cars, or possible dead ends that might be on the road. The vehicle was slowly making it's way into the heart of the city, the buildings getting bigger and bigger.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Dax amied at the next infected's head. He fired a second two round burst and then fired a three round burst into another's chest.
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Jake tried to get alongside the other truck, though keeping in mind the fact that he needed to focus dodging whatever stuff got in his way.

(If he gets alongside.)

Jake rolled down his window, then shouted out "Where are we going?"

-
ooc:
I'll guess 10, if I need to.


Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:03 pm

@KKB: Please read the amendments I've made to the rules in the planning thread, if you haven't already.

Kevin/Jake(?): (Downtown, Industrial (Highway))
A clear, straight stretch of road appeared, presenting the perfect opportunity to pull up next to the other truck. The man in the driver's side seat rolled answered; "We're rounding up some more survivors, then we're headed back to Faith's Haven." The two trucks pulled further into the city, headed towards a more residential area.

avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 pm

ooc:
Sorry about the mix up with names. I meant Jake and edited to such (Kevin is the name of a character in another RPG).

-

"Okay!" Jake shouted to the other truck, giving the okay hand sign.

(Assuming the others have nothing else to say.)

He fell back behind the other truck, keeping a few car lengths of distance away. This thing about gathered survivors gave him hope. He could feel himself becoming somewhat happy, or at least relieved.


Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Glyph on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Jake(?): (Residential area, Downtown)
The two trucks continued onwards, now in a suburban area. The man in the passenger seat of the lead truck would occasionally stick his head out the window, megaphone in hand, and request that any surviving and uninfected persons come out of hiding. This would typically only bring out more infected however, who would quickly swarm after and around the two trucks. Despite their best efforts however, they could not withstand the brunt of a vehicle weighing nearly two tons.

OOC: Also, you wrote Kevin again.
avatar
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by 17dragonboy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:33 pm

ooc:
*Facepalm* That's embarrassing.
Chance's are it'll happen again.

-

JAKE tried to steer clear of the infected as best he could, for the sake of his truck. He didn't want the airbag going off in his face either.

-
ooc:
Any idea about how hard it is to activate the airbag in a car? I want to say more than what a human could put up.
avatar
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Kut-Ku Bane on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:15 am

OOC: Sorry about that. Umm................I pick.............number........... 7!
avatar
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 22
Location : Some place cold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Status: INFECTED

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum