The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 11 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Rekee Soen Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:32 pm

ooc: ouch. I think I need a clarification of what just happened, so I won't repeat my mistake.

Did Three Wells continue with his swing when he "closed his eyes and relaxed his body", or did he just stop attacking? If he knew he was going to be hit, he might as well try to leave his mark on the rathalos too.

(if he did carry on with the swing though, an explanation could be that Three Wells was a relatively slow hunter, and due to a split second's difference the fireball hit before the swing landed.

On the other hand, I think that his strength, plus the katana's lighter weight compared to the lance, would put his speed with the weapon at somewhere average).

By the way, how large are the "bits of flaming residue" on Three Wells's face? I think the headgear of the Hermitaur blademaster armor doesn't leave a lot of room for burning residue. Am I right to say that they are about the size of pimples, and pose no serious threat although painful?

~~~

Three Wells opened his eyes. They were still working. Immediately, he got onto his feet and unharnessed his shield. Then, he snuffed out the stinging flames on his face using his armored fingers. They still stung.

He noticed Cyra running towards him.

"Hello, Wyndham." He kept his shield held out in case the rathalos attacked. "Glad do see you're doing fine." He passed her a bottle of tranquilizer fluid. "Can you pass this to Gani? I think he may find it useful."
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 pm

ooc:
@Rekee: There would not be a whole lot of flaming residue directly on his face, correct.
Pimples might be a little bit of an understatement, but not by a whole lot. It'd be pretty painful, and maybe leave some scars, but not a major threat (unless you left it there to continue burning). Getting on your eyelids (or in your eyes) would have been really bad, but that didn't happen.

I hadn't really thought about Wells continuing through with the attack. I had him loosen up because I believe that's what your supposed to do when you're about to get hit to minimize damage (football players and martial artists do it, I'm 99% sure).

I suppose we could say he followed through with the swing, connected and took a big piece of shell off of the Rathalos' snout/nose, taking off flesh beneath. That normally would have really made him angry, if he wasn't already ripshit.
Relaxing and "oh shit" would have been detrimental though.

If there's any other questions, please ask.
Before you ask, you wouldn't have suffered a whole lot of damage from the blow, besides your face. A little winded, but that's about it.
There'd still be flaming residue on various parts of your front body, a lot on your chest, but because of your armor it's not really important (I think it makes you look cool :-P).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Cyra was relieved to see Three Wells basically ok.

"Sure thing, and glad to see you, well, on your feet as well, take care." she says to him.

She then takes the tranquilizer fluid and begins the run back to Edo, running and dodging as needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

While Edo was aiming, he noticed Cyra running back and thought, 'What is that crazy lady doing now?' then when she arrived and handed the tranquiilizer fluid, "Thanks, nya!" he then procceded to carefully coat three arrows, setting them on some cloth he set out.

Last edited by Blaster427 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 pm

ooc:
I hadn't seen the tranquilizer fluid part, and I had to look back at the character data to see Rekee didn't pull that out of his arse (not that I didn't trust him).

I'm alright with the idea, but there's gonna be some technicalities.
First, it'll only calm him, not put him to sleep outright (though right now, calming him would be really nice).
It's going to take time to take effect, like numerous minutes.
It's gotta somehow get into his system, very preferably somewhere vital (open neck would is probably the best).
Giving some leeway, piece rounds are probably the best way to do this (realistically I wouldn't see them working). Blades are another way, but not crags because they'd not inject the stuff very well, and they'd more boil and/or splatter it.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:59 pm

OOC: Ya know, all of this makes you wonder; How the fuck could anyone ever beat this thing on their own?

Chirozay tried to remain undetected by the beast, waiting for another opportunity to strike.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 pm

ooc: Edited my post. Edo probably gonna die, though :-P
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 pm

ooc:
Gonna try to give Sunfish a chance to post before progressing.

@Glyph: People absolutely would not beat this thing on their own. Not even two people.

@Blaster: Just as something to consider, putting it in his leg would mostly bum out his leg.
Getting it in his neck would bum out his brain, head and neck more. It'd spread faster too.
I'm not saying either is more ideal than the other (bumming the leg definitely has benefits), I just wanted to make you aware if you weren't.

Also, the water canteen wouldn't really inject that well, it would just pour it on and spill most of it all over the place. Using it would be really hard too, considering the Rathalos is moving around and all that.
It occurred to me that your bow is probably the best way to inject, because they go deeper and would actually keep a fair amount of the toxin on them. And they're long range.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 am

"Could you coat my spear with some of that please," Cyra asks Edo.

Once Edo coats her spear with the tranquilizer fluid, she takes off at a run for the right leg again, dodging as necessary.

Aiming for the wound she already made, using a two handed thrust she stabs the spear in the wound and using all her strength pushes it in as far as she can, hoping the tranquilizer gets in there.

She will then retreat back to safety by ducking, dodging, and rolling as necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 am

ooc: Edited my previous post again.

"Sure, nya." Edo said. "Let me see..." having the lance on the ground, he carefully coated the blade part; all of it evenly. "Here you go, nya!" After Cyra takes her spear back, he'll knock one of his tranq arrows, aiming carefully at the neck wound; once he has a sure-fire shot, he'll fire.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Totoro pulled his blade back out of the leg and circled back around towards the front of the 'Los. "Everyone cover your eyes for a second." He yelled as he tossed a flash bomb at the remaining good eye of the 'Los.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm

ooc:
Just as a forewarning, it's gonna take more than a few stabs of toxin coated weapons to make effect.
Also, the coating will gradually be wiped off with each strike. Once dousing will not be enough to make effect. I'd say three strikes is when you probably want to refresh.

@Rekee: I should ask; how large is this container of tranquilizer fluid?

-

The Rathalos turned his body so that his rear better faced the group of monster hunters, his tail looming as always and his head craned over his left shoulder to see. Like his tail, fire threateningly hung in his mouth.

Totoro artfully put his flash bomb within feet of the Rathalos' remaining eye when it detonated, effectively blinding him once more and buying the group a large chunk of time (to carry out their toxin related tasks).

As the group passed around the tranquilizer fluid, the Rathalos began stomping away to the south, letting our angry shouts as he blindly went. The limp in his left leg was evident again.

"CLUST!!!" The same voice from before hollered from the window, followed by the familiar cry of the heavy bowgun.
The large destructive round flew through the air slow enough for the eye to see, headed for the Rathalos as he seemingly ran away.
Beautifully and masterfully, the round landed right between his legs as he walked, timed and aimed perfectly.
The casing cracked open and released its explosive pellets, which continued forward with their momentum.
Just as beautifully, the pellets all went off in front of the wounded left leg. Bits of flesh, blood and hide flew off behind the Rathalos to the ground, and the leg was knocked out from under him as he stepped forward.

The azure wyvern fell on his face and chest, his legs behind him. Already he was rolling on his left side to get up, but the group of monster hunters were approaching fast.

-
ooc:
Spoiler:
This map would be about a couple of decameters south of the last map.
Remember that the Rathalos is turning onto his left side and trying to get up. Some of you might not make it to his more distance parts. Time is of the essence.
To explain why I put people on the map where I did (it's somewhat to scale);
Chizoray had been waiting around, and he was already south.
David was similar.
Totoro I figured took a moment to get away from the Rathalos after chucking the flash bomb.
Wells was further north before, and had to recoup and hand out the toxin.
Cyra was occupied trading the toxin and getting coated, and running close to Wells prior to all that.
Edo has been busy coating Cyra and his arrows.

The heavy bowgunner would be northwest off the map.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Edo quickly moved to the front of the Rathalos, with his arrow knocked, before aiming at it's gouged out eye. He would then fire the arrow into the eye hole, hopefully getting it to the brain, or at least hurting it significantly.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm

ooc:
I hadn't seen the tranquilizer fluid part, and I had to look back at the character data to see Rekee didn't pull that out of his arse
Chekhov's gun? :b

It's probably the size of a one-liter water canteen.

~~~

Three Wells kept his shield, grabbed his longsword, ran over to the tail, and began hacking away as before.

~~~
ooc: For the record, he did not and won't be coating the longsword with the tranq fluid.

Last edited by Rekee Soen on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Cyra ran as fast as she could taking a safe route up to the Ratholos throat. She is hoping with Edo shooting it in the eye she would have an opportunity to attack.

She would run up the to neck and with a two handed thrust stab down into the neck, she will push in as far as she can and rip out the spear, making a tear in the process, using all her strength.

She will then take evasive measures to get clear of any danger, duck, dodge and roll until she is clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Totoro ran up to its back left leg and jumped onto it, stabbing down with his sword into the wound he previously stuck it in as he did so in order to drive it in as far as possible.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

ooc:
Sorry that I haven't posted. I was sort of waiting on Glyph, and I thought I was waiting on Rekee until I saw that he already posted. I was a little busy too.

In any case, school work may have built up a little bit for me, so if I don't post here for a little bit (weekend at most prolly), that's probably why.

-

As all of the monster hunters came charging in, the Rathalos continued to force himself up, getting onto his knees and using his neck and wings to assist in pushing up.

David targeted the nearest leg (right), holding his heavy longsword up over his head as he ran.
Once at the proper distance, he stomped his leading foot down and brought his blade down with it, striking hard with the center-mass of his weapon. With the force of the swing and gravity behind it, the edge hacked deep, very likely severing the tendons and cracking the bone within.

After jumping onto the leg and jamming his sword into it as he fell, Totoro continued to push his blade through one of the deep preexisting wounds.
With constantly wriggling and pushing, the blade gradually sank. He made sure to angle his sword off to the side as to not get stuck behind the impenetrable bone.
Suddenly, blood began to spray out, splattering Totoro with red fluid.

Wells put another big chip into the Rathalos' tail from the opposite side, sticking the blade until he jerked it out.
Another swing chopped a piece of the shell out, some flesh with it.

Chizoray took his sword, and with all of his running momentum behind it, thrust it into the side of the unprotected bottom of the Rathalos' neck.
Deathly afraid, the Rathalos tried to push Chizoray away, only able to use his neck to do so.
Chizoray was forced back, but went with the push and kept his footing, and continued to repeatedly shove his sword.

Cyra similarly jammed her lance into the side of the unprotected bottom of the Rathalos' neck, and continued to put her whole body into pushing it in deeper.

Blood was pouring HEAVILY out of the two deep neck wounds.

Edo came to a halt and quickly aimed his arrow at full tension, letting it fly just a second after.
The shaft pierced just beside and below the actual bulb of the ruined eye, still hitting soft area rather than nearby azure shell. It sank multiple inches in, firmly embedded.

-
ooc:
Spoiler:
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 pm

OOC: That is the weirdest thing, I swear I thought I posted something. *Fucking bamboozled* Oh well, that's a good decision anyways, thanks DB. Also, I know it's not my place to say, but I personally think that this Rathalos would be quickly unconscious, given the amount of blood lost. Adding all the wounds together, including the deep ones which wouldn't cauterize will fighting, there's enough blood spilt to turn the Yellow Brick Road into the Red Path of Death.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

ooc:
Don't ever worry about over stepping your boundaries or the like. I think other opinions are good, and it would be bad if I made a very big mistake and went uncorrected.

I didn't want to say it outright, but yeah, this Rathalos is going to bleed out very quickly (from unconsciousness to death). This fight is basically over.

The reasons I'm not saying he's dead yet would be;
You guys still have your weapons inside the wounds that breached the arteries. That helps slow bleeding (they say if you're stabbed with something, leave it inside).
For one reason or another, I imagine Rathalos having some degree of heightened healing ability.
Having him last longer gives more sport, etc.

And yeah, it's going to be a big fucking bloody mess.

Tangential to that, I may or may not have said before "you won't be getting newly made equipment."
I'm kind of changing my mind on that. You guys probably will be able to get newly made equipment (from the Azure Rathalos).
I'm not sure what the exact details are yet, but it will probably involve a time skip of some kind.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm

ooc: For the record.

Head
Spoiler:
Neck
Spoiler:
Body
Spoiler:
Left Wing
Spoiler:
Right Wing
Spoiler:
Left Leg
Spoiler:
Right Leg
Spoiler:
Tail
Spoiler:

~~~

Three Wells continued hacking away at the tail.

Last edited by Rekee Soen on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Totoro pulled his blade out of the leg, and moved his way up the 'Los. He would run along the neck until he got up to the back of the head where he would climb up the head and stick his blade into the eye socket and jam it as far into it as possible.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:59 am

Cyra pulls her lance out of the neck ripping it as she does to make the wound larger if possible.

She will then do another two handed thrust into the neck in a different area, pushing in as deep and she can and ripping it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

Edo knocked an arrow, and pulled it back as far as he could. He went in close, nearly having the point of the arrow in the eye socket. He then fired the arrow, hoping it would go into it's brain and kill it.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Chirozay attempted to remove his weapon from the creature, trying to retreat to a distance where any possible attack would not pose a threat. He did not plan on being dragged, screaming, into hell along with the Rathalos and it's death throes.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Edo adjusted his position accordingly so that his arrow's direction of flight was in line with the Rathalos' brain.
The arrow flew deeper than the other, very possibly reaching the brain with its arrowhead.

Either because of Edo's arrow deep inside the skull, or because of the tremendous amount of blood loss, the Rathalos slowly stopped moving.
Wells and Cyra went through with their attacks, though the damage was superfluous. Chizoray pulled out and retreated, and Totoro had enough time to realize his assault on the remaining eyeball was unneeded.

Soon, the only movement from the Rathalos was the blood that poured rapidly out of its arterial wounds, making massive and thick puddles of red on the stoney ground.

Finally, the hard fought battle was over, and the azure tyrant was overthrown.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Relieved, Cyra backed away from the fallen Rathalos and sank to the ground to sit. This was the hardest battle she can remember having fought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Edo let out a sigh of relief as he sat on the ground.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:13 am

Totoro sheathed his duals and walked over to the top of the head of the 'Los and laid down on it before closing his eyes and saying, "Wake me up when we do something important, nya."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 am

Three Wells sheathes his longsword. He shouts: "Okay, the rathalos is dead," to the people in the tower, and then goes over to retrieve his lance.

He sees that the lance is in need of repair. If he could not repair it in this town, he would have to leave. He makes a list of reasons.

1) the lance was his main weapon
2) the main threat of the rathalos has been taken down, and
3) he could come back and protect the townspeople better after his lance has been repaired.

When possible, he would walk up to the nearest townsman and ask "Where can I repair my lance?"
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:41 pm

ooc:
@Rekee: I'm not entirely sure how getting your lance fixed will work just yet. By that I mean, how long it'll take, what would be done to the lance, and probably other details.
In any case, it'll probably be doable within Sontruma.
Something to keep in mind is what could be made from the Azure Rathalos. Also, temporary replacement weapons.

On a side note, unless you have a different idea, I imagine the lance is made like this;
The main body is made of compressed monster bones. The Hermitaur shell was then pressed around the main body.
Your shield would be the same way (which is also damaged).

@Everyone: Just to give you a heads up, expect the town to take a little time to get its bearings before its fully operation again. By a little time, I mean about a day.

-

Well's lance had several large teeth marks on opposite sides, breaking through the encasing Hermitaur shell and digging deep into the compressed monster bone inside. Cracks in the bone were likely, which threatened the integrity of the lance on hard impacts. Against softer targets though, it would probably suffice.

David smiled happily at the slain monster, proud and relieved.
As the potion he drank started to take full effect, he downed some more cool drink, because, more so than before, he was at risk of overheating and passing out again.
After that, he began cleaning his longsword of all the blood it had collected, noticing a few nicks in the blade that would need to be worked out.

It became evident to those inside the buildings that the azure wyvern had been slain. First there were some cheerful shouts, then the whole buildings erupted.
People began to rush out, using doors and first floor windows, and surrounded the dead monster. Most tried not to step in all of the blood on the ground.
All the noise was a hindrance to Totoro's napping.

Any wounds the group of monster hunters had received became evident again.

"Uh, one of the smiths, I'd say." One of the townsman responded to Wells, smiling wide. "I don't think they're working yet though, with all that's happened."

-
ooc:
This is a scene I'm not so good at setting, I'd say.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next