The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 3 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

(Metke)

Despite the Gendrome's struggling on the ground, Cyra got the spearhead of her lance into the monster's throat, which cut off its breathing and summarily ended its life. It spasmodically twitched some before it stopped moving entirely.

"Good job." David said, though more seriously than congratulating. Leaving the Gendrome where it was, he came back into clear view of the caravan and its company.

While he gave them the okay hand sign, he called out "Clear!"
"Clear!" One of the other hunters called back, returning the okay hand sign. As they said, each of the 'Prey nearby was slain. They were in the process of moving the corpses out of the way and calming the Popo.
It didn't seem like anyone took and significant damage.

-
ooc:
@Sunfish: I'm just gonna wait on responding in case Rekee/Wells has something important to say (that's not a hint to Rekee, just a precaution on my part).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 pm

(Metke)

"Thank you," Cyra says to David's comment, "and Thanks for the help."

While moving the corpses, Cyra goes and gathers her dual swords that she had dropped resheathing them.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 pm

(Metke)

(Before announcing clear)

David gave a firm nod of acknowledgement before going to the caravan.

(After)

Like Cyra, David went over to his longsword, wiping down his short sword of blood as he walked. Content with the quick cleaning, he sheathed the smaller weapon, then wiped down his longsword.

Content with the second quick cleaning, he put away the blood rag, took another swig of cool drink, then returned his longsword in its carry position over his shoulder.

The various 'Prey were out of the caravans way, and the Popo were pulling it along like before, catching up with Cyra.

"What kind of 'Prey or 'Drome was that?" One of the lower rank hunters asked Cyra.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 am

(Rulbo)

"Don't stray too far, Kuhn. The caravan's safety should be our priority." Three Wells said, the latter statement directed at the other hunters as well. The hermitaur clad hunter holstered his lance on his back, then made his way back to the front of the caravan.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

(Metke)

Moving along with the caravan, Cyra tuns to the hunter who had addressed her, "It was a Gendrome," she replies to his question.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 pm

ooc:
@Rekee: That's kind of what I was looking for you to say.

@Sunfish: I'm gonna hold off on progressing you, in case you want to do anything differently.
If you still want to go after the escaping 'Prey, please say so.

-

(Julbo)

Wells saw that the front of the caravan was clear of 'Prey. The dead 'Prey from briefly before were still there, as were the two monster hunters covering that end.

However, civilians started flooding to the front, many running past the defending hunters, fleeing.
Through the stampede, Wells could see a tall standing red-orange raptor almost right next to the caravan. It's prominent purple crest and size denoted it as the alpha poisonous 'Prey Iodrome.

This Iodrome, and a few other 'Prey near it, must have breached defenses, and were having their way with whatever civilians they got a hold of.

~

(Metke)

"Oh, like a Gaidrome, but from the... desert?" The hunter continued to ask.
"Correct." David answered as he walked to the front of the caravan, going ahead to resume his position further ahead.
"I wonder why it was leading all those different kind of 'Prey though..." The other hunter wondered, somewhat directing the idea at Cyra.

The caravan continued along through the marketplace, and eventfully came to the end of the collection of stands and tables.
At its end, there was a large open and flat area. Directly next to this open area was something like a watch tower.
A few small airships were lying in the open area, their hot air balloon segments deflated. Even though this was the Metke marketplace, Donoto influence was present.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 pm

(Metke)

Cyra looked at the hunter as she continued along, "I am really not sure why it was leading all of the different kind of prey, maybe the smaller prey just needed a leader of some sort." she answers him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:40 pm

ooc:
@Everyone/Star: Just for the record, 'Prey being in groups of mixed types (including different leaders) is not unheard of, granted it is not the norm.

-

(Metke)

The other hunter shrugged, not having any other ideas. "I wonder if anything happened to the other 'Dromes that are supposed to be around."

The caravan started to pass through the streets between random buildings. No one came out.

-
ooc:
@Star: This is a blunt question; would you prefer to continue this conversation or move on to other stuff?

@Everyone: If you could please look at my recent post in the sign up thread.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:13 am

"Fine, nya." Totoro said following Wells, the disappointment evident on his face , "We should at least check around the caravan though."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:26 am

"Make way!"

Three Wells barged with his shield through the crowd, which he hoped had enough sense to move away from his path.

"Kuhn, rescue the civilians!" he shouted as he brought out his lance and charged at the Iodrome. He kept his shield ready to block any poison spitballs.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:04 am

(Julbo)

Totoro saw the stampede of civilians coming, and quickly got out of the way, lest he be trampled.
He saw that civilians were fleeing to the buildings they came from, going inside.
He also saw a woman in the herd of people fall and, unfortunately, get run over. Her death was very plausible.

People only somewhat got out of Well's way. There wasn't much room for them to dodge him, and they probably didn't hear his order over the chaos. Their panic didn't help the matter.

The stampede of people quickly ended as they all passed and rushed into the buildings from which they came.
The Iodrome and its accompanying two 'Prey had taken down three civilians collectively. Each one of them had their necks torn out, bleeding them out all over the ground.

The pack leader saw Wells come running in, and in response jumped backwards and off to the side, effectively evading the lance thrust at it.
The 'Prey quickly got around Wells, surrounding him against side of the caravan, the Iodrome towards the back.

-
ooc:
To summarize positions;
There's the line of wagons making up the caravan.
Totoro is down in front of the caravan, off to the side of the street.
Wells is somewhere beside the caravan, surrounded against it by the two 'Prey and Drome. The Drome is farthest down in accordance of the caravan.

I'm gonna try to crank up the drama and such now.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:17 pm

ooc:@DB: I think I would like to move on please. And I am open to new things, I am really not into human combat, but the other stuff sounds good.

(Metke)

Once again Cyra turned to the hunter with all the questions, "I really wouldn't know if anything happened to the other Dromes, as we have just arrived."

Cyra keeps moving along with the caravan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:18 pm

(Rulbo)

Three Wells faced the drome and charged at it once more.

ooc: If it hops away, slow down and notice where it hopped.

If it hopped backwards, ie within Three Well's view, home in on it.
If it hopped to the side, immediately stop and spin around with the lance.

(I'll post a response in the signup thread sometime later).
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:31 pm

ooc:
@Star: Thank you for the input. I will keep that in mind in the future.

@Rekee: Getting to you.

-

(Metke)

The curious monster hunter got the vibe that Cyra didn't want to keep talking, so he stopped asking questions.

Another human body was passed as the caravan continued, the gender of which was unidentifiable. Almost all of this persons flesh and guts had been removed, leaving bones covered in rotting specs, a large pool of dried out blood, probably hundreds of flies, and a foul stench.
Worse yet, a smaller body was found close by, a child, completely unrecognizable for the same reason.
Most of the monster hunters tried to ignore these. Everyone was quiet, and the silence carried on after passing.

Another few 'Prey bodies were found, shot to death or having bleed out due to said bullets.
A couple of guild knight bodies were found too, a little less ravaged than the bodies before, but identification was still impossible by looks. They'd been stripped of their weaponry and utility belts.

The caravan came upon what was obviously the police department of the town, seeing as it had a large sign hanging from its front reading "Holgarde Police Department." It was a larger building, naturally, in both base area and height. A watch tower was on its top, and some ladders were on the building's sides leading to its flat roof.
The area seemed deserted, though the place was littered with bodies. Like before, 'Prey had been primarily shot to death, and equipment stripped guild knights were lying around. Ammo shells were everywhere, and the place smelled like concentrated death.

The gathering hall was not too far ahead, its taller roof visible from the ground.

Some gunshots could be heard to the south east, about as far away as the gathering hall was.

-
ooc:
@Star: I'm asking a lot of questions here because I'd like to know what I'm doing right and what I can improve upon.

Was I going to fast with what was seen along the way, denying you a chance to react? Or is this a good pace, or even too slow?
Is my attempt at setting the scene having any affect? Or can I do better (suggestions)? Was I going to fast to let it sink in?
Do you care at all for the scene setting? Or do you have other things you'd like to focus on?
Would you rather lead yourself from thing to thing, or have me direct you? (Ei: Would you rather ask the others what to do, or have the others ask you what to do?)

Please be as honest as you can. I won't take offense to any criticism, even if you're saying I'm basically failing.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 pm

(Julbo)

When Wells charged the Iodrome a second time, it hopped away at an angle like before.
Wells stopped and spun around, swinging his lance across and clocking one of the 'Prey upside the head as it tried to rush in to attack him. The hit quickly discouraged the monster and fended it off.

However, the second raptor continued to rush Wells from behind, and was in too close to be threatened by the lance. Since he was facing the correct direction, though, Wells easily kept the monster at bay with his large shield.
He then felt something heavy pushing up against him from behind, hearing a snarling sound. What was obviously the Iodrome started biting at Wells neck from the rear.
Very fortunately, Well's hard and wide covering armor prevented any damage.

-
ooc:
To summarize positions:
You have an Iodrome right up against your back, biting at your neck.
You have a 'Prey up against your front, kept away by your shield.
The other 'Prey is off to the side, discouraged by being hit hard on the head.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Convinced that the other civilians were out of harms way, at least for now, Totoro made his way over to the lady who got trampled and checked for any signs of life.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:06 pm

(Julbo)

The woman was crying and wailing in pain, which at least showed that she was alive.
By what Totoro had seen earlier, she must have had tremendous internal damage. Any number of points on her limbs could have been broken as well.
She was trying to pull herself forward with one forearm, the hand of which was hanging limp. One of her legs was pushing herself forward too.

Seeing Totoro next to her, she cried out with misery "HELP ME!"
Totoro wouldn't be able to carry her, but luckily one of the other monster hunters from the front of the caravan ran over to assist. "I got her!" He said as he hastily got his arms underneath the woman, picking her up and hurrying her over to the stronghold buildings.

The other hunter with him ran to assist Wells, bearing his sword and shield.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:15 pm

ooc:@DB: I think you did a very good job with the scene you created. I don't think you went by to fast or to slow. You wrote in a very good reaction about the hunters being quiet, as that is what would have been my reaction anyways. I think you had a very big affect on the scene by driving home how serious things are for these people, it made it very real and helped you to feel the sorrow and anger over what had happened to the innocent. I think that the pace you created was just right, enough to let us get the feel of what was happening but not to much for it to be over powering. I did care for the setting as it helps to flesh out the story. And for what is happening right now, it is what I would want to focus on as it is the main reason for us being here. I would much rather have you direct me, this is your story and I would feel more comfortable following your lead.

I hoped this helped and I think that you are doing a very good job.

(Metke)

Cyra was feeling very solemn over what she had just witnessed and it firmed her resolve to do all she could to help this city and its people.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:50 pm

ooc:
@Star: That did help, thank you.
For future reference, if you'd ever rather lead than be lead, you're welcome to. Even though its my story, I'd rather let my players do what they want to do (within reason), and let them shape what happens (if they chose).

@Everyone: This post kind of contradicts what I said earlier about the observation balloon having crashed. Consider it a retcon.

-

(Metke)

The Metke caravan essentially ignored the gunshots to the southeast. There was a small amount of talk about it being the other caravan, from Donoto, in an engagement, which was a likely situation.
Since no flare had been shot off, there probably wasn't too much cause for concern.

A relatively short distance later, the caravan came to a group of three large buildings, each next to one another. Each were only two stories tall, but with a large ground area.

One had the look of an apartment complex or hotel, going by the way the windows were lined up along the walls.
A peculiar kind of watch tower was at its top, strange in the first place that it was particularly tall. Something like a dumbwaiter was at its side, and what looked like half an arch bridge jutted out at the top.
The observation balloon probably had some relevance to the special watch tower. Someone was on top of the tower, but details couldn't be made out from the difference in height.

Another one of the buildings was a warehouse, where monster hunter supplies and quest wagons were stored.
The observation balloon had crashed through the roof partway, resting on its top. A big fiery hole was quick to be spotted in the basket of the balloon.

The only thing that clearly identified the third building was the tall flag post standing at its top, bearing the guild's emblem on its hanging flag. If it worked like any other gathering hall, the first floor probably acted like a restaurant for monster hunters and the quest desk would be present. The second floor would be for paperwork and the like.

The only people around were some monster hunters, probably low rank. Since David was ahead of the caravan, he was the first to greet them. He could be seen talking with one of the hunters as the caravan neared.

Once the caravan was basically next to the gathering hall, David approached Cyra. A few of the caravan's hunters listened in.
"A large amount of civilians are inside the gathering hall complex, and most of the town's monster hunters have gathered there. Only the high rank hunters from Julbo and Donoto have appeared.

The hunters have been trying to collect people from the rest of the town, and they've all been living off of rations and what people could bring. They've been waiting on us to arrive to clean out the town. The Yian Kut Ku seems to have left."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:06 pm

(Metke)

"Where do we begin?" Cyra asks. After all the she has seen she is anxious to help the people.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:47 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: By the way,
I imagine you guys aren't all reading each others posts and parts of my posts directed at other people. I won't say you should either (not to say you're not allowed).
However, with my posts, if you could please read my ooc: comments (beginning and end of post), even if they are directed at other people. You might miss things like announcements otherwise.

-

(Metke)

"The caravan will stay here to distribute supplies, along with some hunters; Ruger and Paul." David said as he essentially assumed command, picking two random monster hunters from the group. Ruger was the one who had asked Cyra the questions.

"We'll rendezvous with the other caravans and get them here asap, so we can gathering the hunters needed to eliminate the Rathalos. Cyra and Tyler, head to the east, and Hector and I will go to the west. Are there any questions?" During his pause, David screwed the cap off of his cool drink canteen and took another swig.

Tyler, who Cyra was paired with, was a heavier set man, wearing Metke's variation of the famously known "Mafumofu" armor, which currently had some blood splattered over it (not his, since his armor was not damaged). He wielded a kukri type sword made of compressed monster bone, with a round shield of the same materials plus metal at the rims, making it particularly nice for smashing with. (Image.)

From a few quests in the past with Tyler, and word of mouth through Metke, Cyra knew that Tyler was a little bit of a goof, engaged to his girlfriend of some years and was expecting a kid in a few months. He liked to be funny and foolish, but was a nice enough guy. He could be irresponsible at times though, even when it came to monster hunting.

Though usually happy and talkative, Tyler was very quiet now. Though very subtle, he seemed a little teary eyed earlier. Like everyone else except David, his natural upset was apparent.

-
ooc:
I'm probably gonna start characterizing the NPC's now, just so they're not faceless and stuff. I figure you guys should have at least some idea who's in your caravan (less so with Rulbo).
I'll try not to do so to the point where its hard to keep track of everyone, though.

I based this "Tyler" person off of someone I know in college. Even the name.

@Starlady: If you have no questions for David (or objections), you can proceed east.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:44 pm

(Metke)

Cyra, understanding what needed to be done turns to Tyler, "Are you ready?"

Assuming Tyler is ready, they will proceed to the east.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Totoro followed close behind the other hunter, and dashed off to rescue Wells yelling, "The cavalry is coming, nya!" the entire time.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: I'll get to you.

-

(Metke)

"-Yeah." Tyler responded, almost tripping over the world. He already had his shield in one hand, his sword in the other. The blade had some fresh blood on it, looking like some had been wiped off.

While the caravan pulled up to the front of the lodging building, Cyra and Tyler went off east, and David and Hector went off west.

The likely battle ground wasn't very far off at all. Just a couple minutes of walking later, Cyra and Tyler arrived.

There was a building similar to the police station seen earlier, in that it was much larger than normal, had a watch tower on top and had ladders on its sides leading up to the flat room. A sign at the front read "Holgarde Fire Station."

On the three corners that the two Metke monster hunters could see, there was man wielding some kind of projectile weapon. One was a civilian with a guild standard issue rifle, a guild knight with the same rifle, and a monster hunter with a bowgun.
They all seemed like they were looking for targets. The shooter closest to the Metke hunters, the civilian, almost shot one of the two when they came out into the road surrounding the building.

"There's more monster hunters!" He called out to the monster hunter on the roof.
The monster hunter looked over and saw the two Metke hunters. "There's 'Prey all around here, flush 'em out!"

~

(Donoto)

"There's more monster hunters!" Edo heard someone on the opposite side of the roof call out.
"There's 'Prey all around here, flush 'em out!" He heard someone else on the same side call out after.

-
ooc:
@Blaster and Starlady: You two are now together.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm

(Julbo)

The other monster hunter went to assist Wells by targeting the 'Prey attacking him, so to not get in his way, Totoro went for the 'Prey that was off to the side.

Using his built up momentum from running, Totoro thrust both of his swords into the calf of the 'Prey, easily piercing and digging deep.
The 'Prey fell right over onto its side on the ground, and Totoro got out from under it before it landed on him. Somewhere during that, both of his swords were twisted out of the monster's leg, adding dramatically onto the already severe damage.

Lying on its side, the 'Prey kicked and thrashed everything but its ruined leg, not getting up anytime soon or posing much threat.

Similar to Totoro, the other monster hunter rammed his sword into the back upper leg of the 'Prey trying to get past Well's shield.
After he tore the sword out, the 'Prey remained standing, but was now using Wells as balance rather than attacking him.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:48 am

( Rulbo )

Pushing away the prey leaning against him, Three Wells spun clockwise, trying to hit the Iodrome with the shield and then following with a thrust of his lance.

Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:07 am

ooc: So whats left around us at this point?

Totoro ran up to the 'Prey that was now on the ground and stabbed both of his blades down and into the head hoping to put it out of its misery.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 am

"Nya?" Edo said as he made his way onto the building to see what all the hub-bub was about.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 am

Cyra unsheathes her dual swords and turns to Tyler, "Let's go flush out some Prey."

She takes off at a sprint.

After all the devastation she has seen, Crya is anxious to do all she can to help and put a stop to any more needless deaths.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 pm

ooc:
@Rekee: For thrusting with the lance, I would imagine it would basically be impossible to hit with the tip in close range, just because of how long the lance is.
Where you referring big spike closer to the shaft/handle of the lance?

@Blaster: Just as clarification, you were already on the larger building that the other guys were shouting from. They were just on the other side of the roof (east), behind you since you were aiming at something beyond the building (to the west).

I'll assume that you went over to the other side of the building (still on the roof with the other shooters) to see what is going on.

@Sunfish: There is the Iodrome attacking Wells from behind, the 'Prey attacking Wells from the front that the other monster hunter just stabbed in the leg, and the 'Prey you just grounded.

-

(Metke and Donoto)

Edo went over to the other side of the building, the west, where a civilian man and monster hunter were sniping from.
He saw a couple of monster hunters running from building to building around the central larger building he was standing on. They must have found some 'Prey, because they stopped behind some buildings and 'Prey squawking could be heard.
It would be impossible to shoot at their location from the larger building's roof, because buildings were in the way

Tyler nodded, then followed after Cyra as she started running in a circle around the fire department building.
A few buildings later, they came across a couple of 'Prey hiding from the central building.
These two 'Prey quickly noticed the two monster hunters coming from behind, spun around, squawked and prepared to fight.

~

(Rulbo)

Easily getting by its meager defensing of flailing, Totoro got on top of the 'Prey's head, pinning it to the ground.
He didn't have the physical strength to ram a sword through the monster's skull, so he had to think of a different way to kill the monster from the head.
The eyeballs were this solution, as they provided clear access to the brain, albeit at an awkward angle for Totoro.

None the less, Totoro jammed one of his swords into the eye of the 'Prey, bending over as needed. He used both hands to push it in all the way (still holding his other sword), and the 'Prey's grisly death was complete.

Wells easily removed the other 'Prey using him as balance with a hard shove then jerk back. The other monster hunter pushed the monster over from the side, then jumped on its arms and stabbed his sword into its neck with both arms in a reverse grip. Having hit one of the arteries, blood started pouring out, whether or not the monster was already dead.

The Iodrome backed away as Wells spun around, falling out of reach of his shield swing.
Before Wells could thrust, the Iodrome upchucked a purple sludge like substance, lobbing it at Wells. Reflexively, Wells raised his shield and defended, warding off what was obviously poison.

-
ooc:
@Julbo: All that remains (in this minor battle of the overall caravan battle) is the Iodrome, with you two and the other hunter with a sword and shield.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next