The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 12 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by BizzarreCoyote Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 am

"Well, we could bring some of the meat from last night with us. Is there a portable spit in there?" Jago asked, going over to take a peek for himself.

"Anyway, I'll just go with what you guys do. I'm not much for making plans."
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 pm

"I might like something that's a little easier on the go, nya." Sakujo said in regards to rations versus the 'Prey meat for travel. "Let's get breakfast first though. I guess we're having the meat and whatever veggies we can find, nya."

He went over to the supply chest and jumped up onto its lock, and then while hanging from it he opened up the large container. Once the lock was disengaged, he got down, took one of the fishing spears, and pushed the lid fully open.
After that, he set the fishing spear down, jumped up into the chest, and started looking for the rations. Any vegetables he found he tossed to the round table, and he continued for a long while, knowing the group of hunters was going to need a lot to eat.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Noticing the feyline getting out a fishing spear, Merdoc aproached him. "If you're going fishing mind if I tag along? I'm pretty handy with a spear."
Merdoc inspected the tip of the one Sakujo had just extracted.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

"I think we were just gonna eat the meat we got last night, nya." Sakujo said, looking at the others for approval or objection.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

"Let's stop wasting time debating about it, I'm sure that whatever more food we need, we can hunt for. Right now, let's just focus on getting breakfast made."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm

"I agree, X."

Andras again exited the cavern, kneeling and brushing the snow from the top of the cooler. Retrieving a couple of good sized fillets of the now frozen Giaprey meat, he closed the cooler firmly and entered the cavern, going over to the counter. Collecting a nice sized tray from the bar cabinets, he placed the meat on the tray, and set it on the counter.

"If there is anything I can do to assist, let me know. I'm not much of a chef, but I can do what I'm told."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

"I've already got some water boiling, throw the giaprey in there," X instructed Andras. He then turned to his furry friend and asked; "I don't know what else we've got to work with. Any suggestions?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 pm

"Nya, all these rations." Sakujo said showing X one of the rations packages, before tossing it off into the pile of rations he'd been making on the large circular table. "I guess that'll be enough. We can start opening them up, nya, and putting them into the pot." Each of the rations contained some kind of vegetable, and Sakujo hadn't been particular about what types. He took whatever he knew to be a vegetable, and assumed they all could be boiled.

"So we've got meat and veg'tables." Sakujo said, listing off the two food groups. "So we just need starch, fruit and dairy, nya." He continued to rummage through the chest for other rations, quickly finding packages of rice and tossing them into the pile of vegetable rations he'd made on the table. He set aside dried fruits and cheest, figuring those things were better off not boiled.

-
ooc:
This was approved by Andras.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Carefully placing the frozen meat in the boiling water Andras let the meat simmer, keeping an eye on it so it wouldn't boil over. "You know, we should go ahead and prepare a list of what we need the guild to send us. Those birds are kind of dead weight otherwise."

"Mmyeah." Oswald stated. "The sooner the better, meow." Collecting the bird feed from the supply box Oswald moved to the bar and proceeded to utilize the drawers much as Sakujo had, climbing up them and approaching the cage. Uncovering the cloth, the hungry Pigeon's chirped aloud as the felyne filled their bowl again.

Cloud also watched the meat simmer, anticipating how well his "Prey Bacon" would come out.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 pm

"Ok then," Merdoc said, shrugging, "While the food is cooking I was thinking about taking a look around. Unless I'm needed here. Anyone wana join me?"
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm

"I was gonna stick around and help cook, nya." Sakujo said to Merdoc, still going about preparations. "So that's starch..." He said after throwing a few corresponding ration packages onto the table with the rest, mostly rice and noodles. "Can someone start opening those up, nya, and putting them in?" He asked the group in general, starting to throw dairy and fruit rations onto the counter, mindful of Oswald and the birds. "And if someone else could get some bowls and spoons out, and a ladle."

-
ooc:
I bet we're breaking some cardinal rule of cooking by stewing everything all at once. Oh well.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 am

Doc says i cant start doin things again but keep it moderite so yeah im back but partly lol can you fill me in on both rp's please.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:55 am

OOC: Basically we went to sleep and then woke up. Morning preparations/breakfast are being made.
--

Jago pulled some dried fruit out of the box, throwing it in his pack with the remaining jerky pouches. Looking over at the amalgam in the pot, he chuckled.

"Make sure you keep that on there until it's completely done. Wouldn't want to get some nasty bug due to something not being cooked all the way through."
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:33 pm

As his hangover started to subside, Rageo felt a little more active, exclaiming "If you wouldn't mind I'm going outside for a little to clear my head" as he slept in his gear he was already well insulated for the bitter cold outside. As he walked out he saw some frozen carcasses from a fight the previous night with some giaprey "bloody fools, attacking a camp of high-level hunters..."
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 pm

ooc:
Anyone know where Andras has been?

-

After a he'd thrown a few more ration packages onto the counter, Sakujo figured they had enough fruit and dairy to serve that portion of breakfast.

Once he'd shut the lid of the chest while jumping off, he sought out bowls and spoons for each of the hunters, and Oswald, to use for the soup. "Do you guys mind just eating from the ration packs, nya, for the fruit and cheese?" He asked the others during his search, putting what he'd found up on the counter. "No use getting plates dirty if we don't need to." Eventually he'd gotten a bowl and large spoon for each person, save for himself and Oswald, whom he got smaller spoons. He found a ladle too, which likewise he put up on the counter.

-
ooc:
Just trying to get this going again.
The stew contents (on the table, starch, veggies, and then meat outside) still need to be put in, if anyone is looking to do stuff.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 pm

"Let's just use the packaging," X said as he put the ingredients into the soup.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm

"I'm cool with the spartan eating arangements." Merdoc said as he stood next to X. "I wana eat breakfast quickly so we can go find this mystery monster." Merdoc picked up the ladle and presented it to X. "Do you want to cook the stew?" He asked.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm

OoC: In regards to my absence. I had all of last week off from work on vacation, as Maur_IV actually came down here to visit me, Nyx, Mel and a few others. If you hadn’t noticed, usually on the weekends, I am rarely on the site, as I have no real desire to stare at a computer screen over the weekends, as it is what I do at work all week. Sometimes I will check in from time to time, but that’s about it. Last week I just needed time away from computers for a bit, I apologize for not leaving a notice about my absence, but I am back and should be on top of things a bit better than before. As DB pointed out to me, this RP is at a stalemate. I intend to change that soon, so please just bear with me for the time being. Now, my question is this. Do you want me to wind up this whole breakfast thing and get us going or what?
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 pm

OOC: Hey Andras, good to see you didn't suffer a terrible acident I vote for wraping up this breakfast and going to kill something.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:50 pm

ooc:
I'll vote that we wrap things up too.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

OOC: Agreed
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:20 pm

OCC: i missed out on the previous fight so i'm game!
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:44 pm

OoC: For the sake of advancement, I will make a quick advancement on the meal.

The group of hunters all worked together to create a makeshift meal from the supplies they had there at the base, compiled of the rations, left over Popo meat from the night before and previous hunts and the newly procured Giaprey meat. Leo helped prepare a large serving of bacon prepared from the Giaprey meat for the group, while Sakujo, Doc and Jago assisted in a quick albeit tasty stew. Calling Rageo back in from outdoors, the group finally fully prepared their meal. Enjoying their meal, such as it was, they discussed battle tactics for the day.

Having finished his meal and sitting his used dishes aside, Andras collected a map from the ones supplied in the blue chest. Unrolling it, he held it flat against the table.

Map:

“It is my opinion that if we travel as one big team, things could get messy. Too much sound from our armor and weapons could easily stir something up, yet scare it off at the same time. We already know there is a Great Baggi running amok, and they tend to stick to the caverns and minor outlying areas surrounding them.” Looking the group over, a look of adamancy covered his face. “I trust all of you to be more capable than those lost to what ever it was they encountered, or smart enough to retreat. I’d like to know what your all’s thoughts are before we take off. We also need to request the supplies needed via pigeon ASAP.”
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Sakujo slurped down a bit of his stew before speaking. "We oughta get a route of travel planned out before we go, nya." He said, sitting on top of the table. "Not to get side-tracked, but I'd like to see that bridge before things are over, nya." A small smile came on his face, glancing at the brown area on the map that marked the ancient bridge of his interest.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:33 pm

"Well," Doc said as he positioned himself for a better look at the map, "If we are going to split up, I would say we all head to here (H9) and then two teams split up from there. One team takes the area from here to here (11-17) and the other from here to here (1-10)." He said indicating the areas with his finger. "I also think that we should leave the area north of the bridge for another day. The immediate area is enogh to cover."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

With his face full of food Leo tried to speak, but sounded kind of rediculous. "I agree witf (swallows) Doc, so if we do split up whos going with who?"

occ: also who's boting scout?
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 pm

"If it does turn out to be the Ice Barroth liek we were thinking im going to need my Dual swords from home, that way im more mobile, they are not fire but i think black lightning should do just fine"(Dragon) He said as he stood up off the bed rubbing his forehead. "If we are splitting up what are the parties going to be?"

OOC: i caant wait to get outside cause i will be makeing everyone laugh most likely.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 pm

OOC: The prodigal Spawn returns.

"We need balanced groups if we're going to split up. Having two or maybe three teams of mixed specialties will provide us with a tactical advantage, especially if we get separated for a large period of time. Also, I'd say that its a good idea to spend at least a couple of days scouting out any possible markings that we could track to the monster we're looking for."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 pm

ooc:
I was talking with Andras and I think he said something along the lines of: We'll ignore Scout. If she (the player) comes back, we'll just put her somewhere.
Sort of like we did in DWE. Away characters were just put into standby and assumed to tag along.

-

"Nya, I can't say I've got a whole lotta preference for which way I go, the bridge aside." Sakujo said, looking the map over. "Expect me to hang back a bit though when a fight comes, nya." He took another spoon full of his stew.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:48 pm

"All that's left is to pick who we are heading out with, and which direction we head." Pointing at the map, Andras continued. "I believe I am going to head towards area H-10... Looks like a cavern entrance there." Looking the group over, the hunter inquired. "Who's with me?"
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next