The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!?

3 posters

Go down

What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!? Empty What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!?

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 pm

I am halfway through my sophmore year of high school. In high school so far, I have higher than a 4.0 GPA. I play tennis in the fall, and lacrosse in the spring. I have never done any volunteer work outside of Boy Scouts. I am taking the second highest level Spanish as an honors class right now. But I have no idea what I would like as a career. I have less than a year before I need to start thinking about what I need to do to get into college. Money is also an issue. Without a massive number of large scholarships, I'm going to end up paying for college for the decade after I leave it. So what the fuck? What the fuck am I supposed to do?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!? Empty Re: What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!?

Post by Trey Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 am

Occ: Hey glyph dont worry about my post, ive just had a huge turning point in my life. So yeah, im not one to say anything right now man, but whatever u deside to do...make sure u dam love it, make sure u love it...

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!? Empty Re: What the fuck. No, really, what the fuck!?

Post by Glyph Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

But I suck ass at sports, and I don't have any kind of job experience. And what if I decide to major in something that it turns out I don't like? Then I'm double fucked.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

The issue of going into something you might end up not liking isn't really an issue that can be solved, me thinks. I'm a math and science guy and am going into engineering, and I think I'll like it, but really I might end up not liking it.
Given your ability though, you've got a lot of options it seems, and you'll probably be able to do well at whatever you do.

I believe if your family is shorter on money you get some help from the government. "Financial aid," though you probably already knew of that.
Anything else that would make it hard for you to cough up money, like being the second or third child going to college, might help.

There's a ton of colleges in the USA. Chances are you'll find one that works, if you look enough.

Not sure how much that helps. I figured I should throw my two cents in.

17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

Thanks for all the ideas. I forgot about this thread completely, mostly just having made it one night out of undirected anguish.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum