The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple Monster Hunter RPG

3 posters

Go down

Simple Monster Hunter RPG Empty Simple Monster Hunter RPG

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:01 pm

This is the simple RPG I mentioned meant to give people something to do while the collaboration RPG is prepared.

I don't have anything planned at the moment, however you should expect a relatively straight forward monster hunter quest. With a map and base camp and thorough list of what supplies that base camp gives.

What I need to know about your character is the following:

Name: First and last.
Race: Human, Felyne (Melynx), Wyverian.
Age: Relative, however specific is fine too. Keep it reasonable.
Height: Relative, however specific is fine too.
Build: Body type, what your hunter is made for. This should have inherent strengths and weaknesses (if not balanced so that there are no specific weaknesses). Three aspects to consider are strength, agility and durability. This mixes some with height.
Other Physical Descriptions: Stuff like beards, hair styles, hair color, etc. etc. etc.

Armor: Self explanatory. Speed, agility and defense are the main factors here.
Custom is fine, but keep it reasonable.
You are limited to medium rank monsters. Things BELOW things like Rath', Naruga, Uragaan, Lagiacrus, etc. etc. No elder dragons either.
Obviously Felyne armor will be sized accordingly.
If applicable, please specify if you have a scaled down human version of armor, or if you have the in-game version of Felyne armor (head and torso, P3 mostly).

Weapons: Self explanatory.
Custom is fine, both generic weapon types (YKK long sword, for example), or non-generic types (chain and weights). Keep it reasonable.
You can have more than one weapon, however you should feasibly be able to carry everything (keeping body type in mind). Six short swords would probably be alright. Two great swords probably would not.
If you start to take a considerable amount of weapons, your speed may suffer. Heavy weapons like great sword, lance, hammer or hunting horn will certainly slow you down.
Again, take body type into account. Lighter armor may help with this.
You are limited to medium rank monsters. Things BELOW things like Rath', Naruga, Uragaan, Lagiacrus, etc. etc. No ancient stuff either, or elder dragons or anything similar to elder dragons.
It's assumed everyone has a hunter's knife.
Felyne weapons are assumed to be smaller versions of human weapons unless stated otherwise.

Significant Items: Cosmetic items like blood rags, water, whetstones, rations, compasses, potions, etc. you are assumed to have, and you don't need to bother listing (but you can if you wish).
It's significant impact items that I want you to list. For example, flash bombs, smoke bombs, binoculars, stun traps, ropes, throwing knives. Gunners should list ammunition types (only take a few), and archers should list arrow types.
This is so that people don't pull items out of their rears when it's convenient for them. If you are unsure if you should list an item, just list it.
You do not need to bother listing how many of an item you have, like x5 or x20. I'm not going to be keeping track.
However, if you spam flash bombs, or just repeatedly throw knives, you will run out. The same applies to powerful ammunition like clust or crag.
If you take a ludicrous amount of items, your agility may suffer (again, keep body type in mind).

No automatic pitfall trap makers like those seen in game. No farcasters. If you want to carry around a large barrel bomb like those in game, it will be a lot of work, very dangerous, and probably not worth it.
Paitballs are basically flares that stick to the monster and have a very noticeable smell.

This RPG will be relatively realistic, as mine usually are. There won't be any crazy stunts, but this is monster hunter.

The general rule is; You can try to do anything, but the moderator posts the results.
So you can try to jump on a monster's back and ride it, but I will decide how that works out for you.

You can die in this RPG. I'm not going to be brutal, but I am gonna try to kill you. The fear of death is good and fun.

That should be about it... I'm doing this kind of sporadically, so I may need to edit things. Keep an eye out for updates as people post.

Let's see some variety in these characters and get a mixed up group. If you see that someone has taken a party role (tank, medic, sniper, speedster), then try to take a different role.
I may or may not be joining you guys. I may or may not harass some others into helping me moderate.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Simple Monster Hunter RPG Empty Re: Simple Monster Hunter RPG

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Name: Miles Telos
Height: About 3'
Race: Melynx
Build: Slim, mainly speed and agility but lacking in strength and durability
Description: Gray fur with an orange crest on his forehead

Armor: Jaggi Gunner Armor
Weapon: Genprey Gun (What kind of range would a gun have? Would I be able to specify like a sniper or a pistol?)
Ammo: Crag, Clust, Pierce, and Normal
Items: Binocs, Flash Bombs
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

@Sunfish: I imagine with the gun's length, it would only be about pistol accuracy (probably better).

This is taking into account that it's a Felyne's weapon (smaller).

The crag and clust would be less powerful in comparison to those from humans.

Just out of curiosity, would the orange crest be natural or dyed?

@Everyone: I forgot to say that Felyne weapons are assumed to be smaller versions of human weapons, unless stated otherwise.
Editing this in now.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 am

I knew the weapons and armor would be a bit smaller.

And the crest would be natural, I'm basing it off of my actual cat whose entire litter had that little orange crest for some reason.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:11 pm

This is still up for running, if people would like to participate.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm gonna join. My character will be the exact same as the collaberation one.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I think once I'm settled down in college, I'm gonna get this RPG started. That's assuming I'm not extremely busy with college.
I'm still debating the idea of having a character join you.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47 am

Originally I had planned to do something like a quest, similar to what's going on in Block B. With a big map and stuff.
However, with just two players, I'm not so sure any more. I'm also a little busier than I thought with college and other RPG's.

I'm thinking of doing something even simpler, though kind of at the cost of role playing. Ei; more combat focused.

One idea I have is you two vs. something(s).
I'd probably make a somewhat detailed arena, and the something would probably be more than just a simple monster. Maybe.

Another idea is you two vs. each other, with me as the moderator.
Again, there'd be an arena. I'm not sure if I'd add anything else to spruce it up.

I'm up for other ideas though. So, lemme know if you have a preference on one of those two, a variation, or a different simple idea you'd like to do.

17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down