The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Excavation of the Artifact (Sangheili Players)

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Halo: Excavation of the Artifact (Sangheili Players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Excavation of the Artifact (Sangheili Players)

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 pm

ooc:
Same thing as before.

How are the snipers doing on their recovery of camouflage?

Also, what were the status's of the mounted gun things the humans were using? Namely, how many there are/were, and if they're usable or not.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Halo: Excavation of the Artifact (Sangheili Players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Excavation of the Artifact (Sangheili Players)

Post by BizzarreCoyote Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 pm

OOC: Charging is complete as of this turn.

As for the guns, there were ten to start. 1 is damaged beyond repair, and the other 9 are currently unmanned but usable.
--

The Sangheili's patience was rewarded, when the Spartan came sprinting out of the building, firing an assault rifle haphazardly in the Covenant's general direction. Several bullets pinged off of the Spectre, but lost far too much velocity to even be a remote threat.

The Brute gunner, in return, fired back. Several bolts struck the Spartan, causing his shields to spring up and protect him...then fail completely. Twin blue bolts struck the Spartan, burning through layers of armor and wounding the man beneath, crimson liquid spilling to the ground.

It was then the Covenant realized something: The persistent shield that the Spire was creating...was gone.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 pm

ooc:
Can you explain what the spire stuff means? Like what shield it was making, the purpose, and anything else of importance.
If we have to go back there because they sneaked around us, I'm gonna kick myself for thinking of that in the beginning but not acting on it.

-

Asmi started to follow the wounded spartan with his aim, intent on finishing the augmented human when he could.
His snipers each engaged their cloaking and situated themselves to fire. A couple (two) of them also trained their sights on the wounded spartan, following Asmi's intentions, where as the others scanned the overall area, as a precaution against the spartan being a distraction.

The shield bearers left their cover and bunched up together, making their typical wall of shields. Together, they advanced towards the building. The snipers not focusing on the spartan were ready to provide cover fire.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 am

OOC: The shield was essentially keeping the UNSC from attacking you from orbit. It also served as a jammer, though the Spire itself is a large-scale cloaking device for orbiting Covenant ships.

BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 pm

ooc: Well that sounds bad. Can we get a list of what units are dead or something? I keep forgetting who I've lost.

Ivea trained his sniper on the open windows, looking for the slightest bit of movement.

The shield jackals under Ivea made their way over to the other group and assisted in what they were doing.

The elites and other brute(s) that had been hiding now came out and made their way towards the building, surrounding the entrance much like a swat team preparing to breach a room.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 am

OOC: Sunfish has lost 1 Jackal and 1 Brute. DB has lost a single Skirmisher. The Spectre is somewhat damaged, though is still largely intact. The left seat is gone, and the turret is close to overheating, not having had a chance to cool down.
--

Three particle beams sliced into the Spartan as he attempted to evade, and the Demon finally fell. Asmi, as well as the two Skirmishers, took credit for the kill. A laugh came from the Elite that had panicked before.

"Excellent shot, Field Master!"

The Grunt in the background pipped up: "Can I have his helmet?"
-

Ivea saw a black, round something hovering just above the bottom of the window. It appeared to be an ODST, who was possibly moving into position.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 am

ooc:
I hadn't realized I lost anyone. I had my shield bearers as Skirmishers, right?
Just out of curiosity, when did I lose that Skirmisher?

-

Asmi's shield bearers continued towards the building in their tight wall formation, headed towards whatever kind of entrance in order to breech it.

All of the snipers in Asmi's units continued to look over the area, searching for targets.
As he searched, Asmi radioed in the [person in charge], "What happened with the spire's shielding?"
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm

OOC: You had 4 Skirmishers as snipers, and 6 Jackals as shield bearers.

Asmi nodded, keeping his Jackals up front to draw fire while he and his Skirmisher group moved to the right. This motion drew fire from one eagle-eyed ODST, several rounds striking a Skirmisher and nearly killing it. The large Kig-yar fell to the ground, crippled but not quite dead.

Even with a drop shield, the Skirmisher likely wouldn't be getting up anytime soon.

That's when you lost a Skirmisher. He's not dead, but definitely isn't going to be fighting anytime soon.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 pm

"Not right now." Ivea commanded in response to the grunt, "There's still movement up there."

Ivea would wait until the ODST stopped when he would line up as best he could a headshot.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:56 pm

OOC: Forgot to mention, Asmi is down to 6 shots for his particle beam.
--
Ivea's particle beam split the helmet apart, ticking him down to 5 shots. The smoking helm fell out of view...and a human sniper round suddenly punched through the Elite's rifle, destroying it. The round continued on through Ivea's chest and out of his back, barely missing his heart and nicking his spine. The rifle's destruction caused it's battery to explode, causing extensive burns along Ivea's arms and hands.

The Sangheili immediately blacked out and collapsed, a pool of purple blood forming around him. (-75 Shield, -74 HP, Condition Critical).

The humans weren't finished, as a ruby-red beam leaped from the building and slammed into the Spectre. It burned a hole into the vehicle and damaged the power core, which went up in a brilliant explosion just a second later. The Brute was incinerated in the blast.

A final strike from the enraged humans was a rocket, which sailed towards the highly visible group of Jackals. They attempted to evade, but got in the others way. As a result, the deadly projectile hit and 4 Jackals vanished in a fireball. The other two were seriously injured, their shield gauntlets fried and inactive.

The Kig-yar retreated, heading for the safety of the ruined buildings.

Asmi's attempts to contact the Field Marshal were met with silence.
--
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

ooc:
Will I be able to reload the weapon or something after it runs out of ammo?
If not, taking the guns of the other snipers is plausible, right?

-

The Jackals scurried back for cover, abandoning their plans of breaching the building. As they ran backwards, they were spread out and held their shields towards the building.

All of the sniper's in Asmi's units tried to find the sources of the weaponry fired. Upon location, they would focus their aim, shoot and immediately relocate behind dense and concealing cover.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 pm

One of the Elites by the door, retreated back towards Ivea, moving from cover to cover and would throw down a drop shield over the nearly dead commander.

The Jackals and remaining elites under Ivea would continue into the building while the grunt outside would fire a shot into one of the windows where a shot came from.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am

Sorry guys, just lost motivation for this. It feels like there were a lot of flaws in this, and I was allowing things on both sides that I shouldn't have, to be frank. When I fix these flaws/find the motivation again, I'll start a new one.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3