The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vs. The Unknown Black Wyvern!

2 posters

Go down

Vs. The Unknown Black Wyvern! Empty Vs. The Unknown Black Wyvern!

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:29 pm

"Out in the tower regions, there is a fierce black-scaled wyvern. It tends to pop up on a whim, devastate hunting parties, then leave.

Your job is to stop it.

It is currently making a nest, so we assume it is vulnerable. You will be using out newest combat airship to help find and kill it. Take it out, and songs of your victory will be heard for the next several generations!

~ Mezeporta Guild Master"
---

This will be a simple RP. Fight target, kill target, go home. It will be based on d20 rolls, with anything 10 and above being a positive result, and anything 9 and below being a negative.

Permadeath is enforced, and I fully intend to kill. Ask DB, he was run through with a Dragonator.

I need the following.

Name:
Race:
Weapon (Pick one of the following):
SnS (Can guard and evade, only weapon allowed to use an item while unsheathed)

GS (Can charge up for a mighty Charged Slash, turns spent charging amplify strength of blow (to a point))

LS (Successive hits gain Spirit Points (up to 20), they can be used to increase the damage of your attacks; Cannot guard.)

DS (Two attacks for every attack command. Can demonize for 4 turns, doubling number of attacks per turn. After demonizing, cannot demonize for 5 turns. Cannot guard.)

SA (Can choose one phail (Poison, Power, Element, Para, or Dragon), which activates upon using the Phial Detonation attack. Attack needs two turns, user cannot move during. Phial must be manually reloaded afterwards.)

Hammer (Attacks targeting head have a chance to stun the target. Stunned target is completely immobile for a number of turns. Cannot guard.)

Hunting Horn (Can play songs to improve hunter's abilities, or be a detriment to the monster's own. Song effect determines how long it must be played, and hunter is mostly immobile during. The song can be canceled to evade, but then it must be started over. Cannot guard.)

Lance (Can charge at a target, negating their defense roll in exchange for only having a max roll of 15(anything above 15 will be counted as 15). Can guard and evade, though evasion is lackluster at best.)

Gunlance (Shelling attacks negate target's defense roll, in exchange for having a max roll of 15. Gunlances have 3 shells before needing to be reloaded. Can guard and evade, though evasion is lackluster at best. Wyvern Fire attack auto-crits, but user must roll a 15 or above for it to connect. Wyvern Fire has a recharge of 10 turns.)

Light Bowgun (Can equip 5 types of shells, user picks one of those 5 to be a rapid-fire shell. Rapid Fire shells have 3 shots per magazine, non-rapid have 5. Cannot guard.)

Medium Bowgun (Can equip 4 types of shell. Has more punch than LBG, while being more mobile than HBG. Can equip a bayonet for added melee power in exchange for 1 shell type.)

Heavy Bowgun (Can equip 3 types of shell. Evasion is poor, though attack power is unrivaled. Can sacrifice one shell type to equip a shield instead, allowing guarding.)

Shell Types:

Bow (Can pick one arrow type (Rapid, Spread, Pierce), and three coatings for it. Cannot guard, can melee with arrow.)

Senryukon (Only impact weapon capable of guarding and only weapon capable of sprinting while out. Capable of unique "Ryuuki Release" attack, which causes stricken areas to explode. The more areas hit before its use, the greater the potential damage.)

Bio: (Not necessary, but nice to include)

Appearance:

Items: Up to 3, some take more slots than others (item list incoming)

Item List:

When in combat, you have two actions. They can be for anything you want to use them for, but once they're both used, you must wait for next turn. You cannot 'save' actions for more later.

Last edited by BizzarreCoyote on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Vs. The Unknown Black Wyvern! Empty Re: Vs. The Unknown Black Wyvern!

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:50 am

Just letting you know that I do intend to join.
There is a good chance that I will not use Raijin for this one.
Normally I'd like to let other people make their characters and then work around them, but I get the feeling that won't happen.
I'm not sure when exactly I'll get around to making a character. It shouldn't be horribly long off in the future though.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Name: Havel Smough Seath Gwyn (First, Middle, First-Last, Second-Last)
Generally introduces himself just as “Havel Gwyn,” if not just “Havel.”

Race:
Human-Wyverian Crossbreed (believed to be half and half)

Weapon:
Gravios Mortar (Heavy Bowgun w/ Shield (Clust and Crag))
An improved version of the Basarios heavy bowgun (Rock Eater) using White Gravios materials.
Faceplate resembles that of a Gravios, namely its plow-like chin.

Armor:
Modified Gravios X
Essentially blademaster style, except the left vambrace features the shield from the gunner style.
The shoulders are also simplified to better suit over the shoulder usage of his weapon.

Appearance:
Stout, stocky, wide set body type. Very muscular but with extra body weight.
Noticeably but not dramatically shorter than average (5’6” ~ 168 cm).
Some Wyverian features. Four fingers and toes. Does NOT have different leg structure from humans.
Bronze-copper brown skin. Black, curly hair. Resting expression seems smouldering.
Further details are difficult to make out due to his armor.

Items:
Mega Potion x3

Bio:
Orphaned at a young age. Lived at an orphanage for a few years before being adopted by a smith.
Picked on some due to his heritage (kids suck), a problem he sometimes resolved with his fists. Lead to a bit of a disposition as he grew older, but also lead to him becoming a monster hunter.
Perhaps a little gruff at first, but a good guy.

~

Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Questions:
I can still melee, right? Would it be of any practical use?
Anything I should be aware of with clusts and crag shots? Friendly fire?
… Would I be able to swap out a shell type for wyvern’s fire shots? How would those work?
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:03 am

You can still melee, yes. It's a desperate move for a bowgun user, as it runs the risk of damaging something, but you can. As noted above, medium bowguns can equip a bayonet to eliminate the risk of damaging the gun.

Crag shots don't really have much risk of FF, but clust shots do. Anyone in melee range of the target is liable to be hit, though I make a roll for that. Clust shots, as a result, have poor accuracy, but high damage (provided all of the bomblets deliver their payload where they're supposed to.)

You can. I'll detail WF shells in the OP.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down