The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 9 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Glyph Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 pm

As the giaprey's neck muscles released, its grip loosened, and the head dropped into X's waiting hand. Looking into the prey's dead eyes, he crushed one, then the other with his thumbs. With his thumb and forefinger he removed both the lens, wiped them off and put them into a pocket in his robes. X also carefully removed the lower jaw, tossing the rest of the head aside. Jawbone in hand, he began walking for the camp.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 pm

"Nya, can you take this in for me?" Sakujo said to X as he approached the camp, setting the snow filled pot near the door. "I wanted to take a look at the Gaidrome's wounds." He said after, partially assuming the hunter would comply.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 pm

"Um," X stuttered, "Sure." He grabbed the pot and brought it into the camp.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 pm

"Thanks." Sakujo said walking past X towards the Gaidrome corpse. After a few steps he went on all fours picked up his speed, going in up to his torso in snow. If the distance were any longer he might have gotten his snow shoes out.

"Hey there." He said to the other hunters still by the corpse, returning to a two legged walk then going over next to the Gaidrome. "Nya, any idea what did this?" He asked, examining the bite wound at the raptor's torso.

-
ooc:
We kind of need to wait on Andras for this part.
If we can't get any information out of it, that's fine. I figured there's no harm in looking.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 pm

"Welcome back, X."

Finally clearing the flesh from the Giaprey's dewclaws, he struggled with the ligaments, finally separating them from the remaining metatarsal bones. Leaving the remaining flesh and bone in the tray he sat the claws aside.

Driving his knife into the Drome's forehead, he cut the hide from front to back, pulling the flesh and hide down enough to reveal it's bloody skull. The blueish green crest fit tightly into it's skull with only minimal give. Driving his knife between the crest and skull a wet crack could be heard as the skull popped open in the back, breaking away at it's side, exposing the left portion of the creature's brain, the knife partially penetrating it. Testing the give of the crest it moved more freely, eventually wiggling it free of it's remaining skull. Wiping it free of blood, he sat it aside as well.

A bit disgusted with the mess, he grimaced at the creatures pathetic head.
"If you all have any use for this head, let me know. Otherwise I am getting rid of it."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Merdoc took one last look at the decimated prey and walked back to the camp. He entered the cave and went over to his bunk to stash his gear. He removed his trech coat and leg and arm armor and sat on his bed. "That was most interesting." he said to the group. "I've never faced a giadrome before."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Occ: sry for not posting...skool and relationship issues...

"Hey Andra prey meat sound good. I may have a resipe for that, i dont know for sure though..." Cloud inspected everything twice. "Alright people its Chow time! Eat till your hearts content!" Cloud said with an enormous grin.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

"I'll take that head off your hands," X said, picking up the mutilated skull. X grabbed some food and sat down with the skull. While eating, he examined the head, examining the many cracks and hairline fractures that ran its length. After he had finished eating, he removed the lens from the eyes as he had done before, as well as the jaw. X stepped just outside the camp. The skull almost entirely picked clean now, he lodged two fingers on either hand into one of the breaks in the skull, pulling apart, the skull cracked and the opening widened. Wedging both hands inside the decimated skull, he pulled apart even harder, the skull giving way completely. Some blood, as well as some fluids from the brain cavity spilled onto the ground, but finally the brain was accessible. Throwing the halves of the skull far away, X retreated into the warmth of the camp. Resuming his place at the large wooden table, X set the damaged brain onto the wood. Admiring the textured surface and lingering warmth, X cut the drome's brain cleanly in two, making an incision straight down the two lobes. He breathed deep, taking in the smells that the disembodied organ had to offer.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:06 pm

"What ever it was it was big" Aizen said as he examines the broken bones more carfully looking for any foriegn objects that might have gotten wedged.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

ooc:
@Andras: We're still waiting on you for clues on what attacked the Gaidrome.

-

"It might be what we end up hunting, nya." Sakujo said, continuing to look over the Gaidrome's chest wound.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:29 pm

OOC: Might? Fucking lol.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Overseeing X admiring the Giadrome's brain, Andras raised an eyebrow, remaining silent for a few moments. Realizing the others were awaiting a response from him he eventually spoke.
"In all honesty, I have never seen that style of bite on anything in any known Minegardian mountain ranges. The bite wasn't necessarily done by sharp teeth either, but it was very wide, and rounded and it's ribs were snapped as apposed to crushed and broken by multiple teeth." Andras scratched his chin whilst pondering further, he continued. "Considering the beasts that inhabit the cold environments, one could assume it could have been attacked by a cave wyvern, psuedo wyvern or even a pelagus. It certainly wasn't a Daora bite either. Aizen mentioned Deviljho, but I doubt a Jho would have let it flee."

Taking the fleshy remains outside, he pitched them aside, bringing the tray back in. "I've been thinking about it though. Due to the recent discovery of the brute class of beasts, including the Deviljho, Barroth, Uragaan and Doberos I have no idea if they have found residence in the frozen lands thus far."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

"Well, as I recall, Uragaan only eat rocks. Their faces aren't built for eating much else, in any case. That, and I don't think they leave the volcanic regions much. Unless there's a lava flow under here, then we can rule Uragaan out." Jago mentioned offhandedly.

The Kut-Ku hunter walked over to his bed and sat down.
"Anywho, can't wait for the food to be ready Cloud, smells awesome!"
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 pm

"though the shape does lead me to believe that it could possibly be a newly discovered sub-gene of the barroth found in these areas." Pulling out his hunters manual looking for the picture drawn and the scale fragment attached."Ah here it is" He pulls out a piece of parchment with a blue barroth and a small fragment on it "this could possibly be what it is."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:04 am

occ: Andy wut happend to my old post. I understand if u deleted then but can u tell a brotha nxt time. Im lost too...was i rite thats y u deleted them? :p
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:10 am

"Mmm. That would be my guess too." Sakujo said standing upright and away from the Gaidrome corpse, pondering the details of the wound. He shrugged. "Well, nya, we'll probably find out tomorrow. I don't see much point in moving the corpses, so unless you wanted to do something, nya, I was gonna head in. We've got food hot and ready."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Heading back inside he pulls out his hunters manual and goes to a new piece of parchment and begins drawing the raptor that was killed outside. "what type of creature was that again? He says as he finishes."because im adding it to my Hunters manual" He then coats one side of the Claw in blueish ink and stamps it onto the next page.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Merdoc stretched and moved over to the large table. He took a seat and breathed in the aroma of the cooking meat. He had just realized that he was starving. "Wouldn't it be wonderful to see a Kushladora though." he said to the group. "I hear that their hides glisten like moonlight durring certain times in the season."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm

"The large one was a Giadrome, and the smaller ones are Giaprey." Jago answered the questioning hunter.

"As for a Daora..." He shuddered. "No thanks. Not particularly in the mood to go against an Elder Dragon."
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:31 pm

"Giaprey was the little ones, nya, and Giadrome the big one. G-I-A prey and drome." Sakujo said following Aizen into the camp, closing each of the doors behind them.

"How's the stew lookin'?" He asked Cloud was he went over to his locker, climbing and standing up on the two stacked ammo crates. Since the day was pretty much over he started stripping off all of his equipment and hanging it up.

-
ooc:
Edit: Me and Coyote posted at the same time. I'm too lazy to edit, and I was totally here first.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 pm

"I feel that it would be worth the risk." Doc told the hunter. "Just the stories are enough to evoke chills."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 pm

"Well, nya, the men before us probably would have known it was a Kushala if it was one." Sakujo said as he continued putting away his equipment, debunking the possibility of the monster in question being the legendary elder dragon.

He was down to his snow suit underneath all the rest of his gear, which he likewise started stripping off. All that remained was thin underclothing and his fur.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Flipping pages through the book he comes back to the page for Amatsumatgatsuchi and seeing the wing webbing that was recovered from the crash and the blood soaked cloth he started shakeing. "I..I.. will find you." he shuts the book and puts it back in his belongings and sits on his bunk looking at his hands.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 am

OOC: If this were a video game, there would definetly be a side quest regarding Aizen and Amatsumatgatsuchi.

"Well," X announced, "I'm not losing any sleep over whatever this thing could be. We'll just have to wait and see, and I would rather be well rested when the moment of truth arrives."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am

"Agreed." Jago replied. His stomach growled unceremoniously a moment later, and he stared ravenously at the stew.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:52 am

After undressing to just a pair of pants and socks, Sakujo sought out bowls, spoons and a ladle to distribute and eat the stew with, going behind the bar and exploring the drawers once more.

"We'll have to throw some veggies into the mix next time, nya." He said after finding each of the items, coming around the side of the bar with them all in his hands. He set them down by the stove then took a bowl and the ladle, and held them towards Cloud. "Can you get me some?" He asked, being too short to reach the pot of stew from the ground.

-
ooc:
Being short sucks. -_-

@To whom it may concern: Don't forget about the other RPG.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 pm

OOC: @dragonboy: There's another RPG :p?

"I wouldn't mind some either when you have time." Merdoc says from across the table."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:27 pm

"That's what bothers me. It looks like it's ribcage was crushed, not so much severed by sharp fangs. Considering a Barroth's fangs are mostly stonelike formations, it would make sense as to why it's ribs were shattered." The hunter paused for a couple of moments. "I just don't get it, they are primary inhabitants of the desert, and this is one radical change in temperature. Then again, I never expected to see a Blangonga in the desert either."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 pm

"Sure, here you are!" Cloud stated as he served Sakujo and Doc. "Enjoy guys, lets discuss what are plans are over dinner." Sitting the food on the massive table, he thought to himself. "Man I sounded gay..."

Fetching the large pot of soup he looked over the group of ravenous hunters, some of which looking like they could attack him. "Lets eat! have all you want, there's plenty to go around!" Cloud seemed concerned with his choice of words, he was feeling too much joy just to have served a meal. "What a fag..." He thought to himself.

occ: lmao xD
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Aizen walks over to the table. "I guess i will try some soup" Getting a bowl he sits down and eats. "wait till you see a Tigrex in the Volcano, thats some scary shit."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next