The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 12 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Blaster427 Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21 pm

ooc: So all the towns folk swarmed the dead los? O...k... That's strange.

Edo quickly got out of the crowd, and retrieved his bow, quiver, ammo pouch, gun, sword and shield. He holstered all of them after re-equiping his armor, then went back inside the guild. He went over to the roof, and sat on the edge, looking down on the crowd. He grabbed his water pouch, and started drinkng the water.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:11 pm

While sitting there watching all the people celebrate, Crya noticed she felt a little weak and she stared feeling the pain in her abdomen again. Looking down she saw the cut and figured she better find some medical care.

She pushes herself up, wincing a bit as she does so, and begins walking back to the guild. Along the way, she asks one of the towns people where she would go to acquire medical attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:52 pm

When Cyra inquired about medical attention to the nearest person, a civilian man, the man shouted out "We need a doctor!"
Multiple calls for a doctor followed after, called out by anyone who heard the original man.
"COMING!!!" A familiar voice hollered over the crowd.

A tall and wide monster hunter came marching over to Cyra, the one who shouted. He had ammo pouches all over his modest armor, and a heavy bow gun put away on his back. Cyra noticed that it was the same bowgun as seen before.
Though it wasn't really necessary, this hunter, and another who came over, got underneath Cyra's arms and lifted her up. They then quickly carried her inside the gathering hall, taking her lance with them.

The inside of the building was about what one would expect of a town's gathering hall.
There was a bulletin board pinned full of quest slips, with a counter nearby.
A large set of double doors presumably lead to the kitchen of the building.
There were a couple of stair wells leading up, each one opposite the other.

Different kinds of tables and seats were about, though the majority of the chairs had been put to one side of the large room.
The large tables had been spread out, some of which had wounded people lying over them with bloody blankets beneath. Medical supplies were noticeable, so it seemed the gathering hall had been made into a makeshift emergency room.

The two hunters carried Cyra over to one of the tables, which already had a clean blanket spread out over it and medical tools on a nearby stool. They took it upon themselves to sit her down on the edge, then remove her weaponry.

"Where's the damage?" A civilian man, probably/hopefully a doctor, asked Cyra as he bathed his hands in what was presumably disinfectant.
The two hunters that brought Cyra in remained nearby.

-
ooc:
I didn't think they would have rubber gloves, so I decided to have them wash their hands in disinfectant. :-P Medieval tech for the win.

@Star: Would you say what just happened was too rush or no?
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm

ooc:@DB: Not to rush no. It was a good post. I liked how you wrote in the reactions of the people and the details of the building, Cyra just feels a little overwhelmed at all the attention.
---

Cryra felt a bit awed by all the attention being given her.

Once on the table, she tells the civilian man, "My abdomen has been cut."

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:06 pm

ooc:
"We'll have to amputate it. Hold her down."

@Star: I thought she might be a little overwhelmed.

I sort of just realized that Khezu armor has a metal plate protecting the stomach, according to this picture. Oh well, we could say the tail tore through that.

-

"Okay. Lay down please."
Though still unneeded, the two hunters pulled Cyra back so that her legs were no longer hanging over the edge of the table. They then laid her down and made room for the doctor to work.
Meanwhile, the doctor prepared some tools, which he set on a tray and brought closer (using another stool). Black thread was the most apparent thing on the tray.

The doctor then began removing what armor covered Cyra's abdomen. The hunters helped remove what they could without getting near the wounded area (probably some precaution about infection).
After the stripping, Cyra still had her underclothes on, though pushed out of the way.

The doctor washed the wounded area with disinfectant, taken from a jar other than the one he was using to wash his hands. There was a mild sting, but little else.

After cleansing his hands again, the doctor took up an injection needle and pressed its back end, squirting out a few drops onto the ground. "This is going to sting a little," He said leaning over Cyra before he began making injections.
(Assuming it was a numbing agent for pain) for something that was supposed to help with pain, it hurt rather bad. The doctor going like he was racing seemed to make it worse. In six seconds he made six injections.

After the injections, the doctor began preparing some thread with a quarter circle needle and some tweezers, each of which he washed.
Cyra could almost immediately feel the pain in her gut going away.

The doctor then began sewing from one end of the wound to the other. At each 'cycle' it looked like he was tying a knot.
It was a relatively painless process for Cyra, though she could still feel the needle going in and out (if that's what she was focusing on). She was also able to see the doctor work.

-
ooc:
Cyra could easily handle the pain of the injections, though might still wince and such.

Some images, for those that are curious.
This event was very loosely based on when I got some stitches in my leg. I remember the injections hurting the most, and the guy making them very fast.
The squirting was based on what I've seen in stuff like movies, though I presume that's to get any air out of the container part of the needle.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

After hearing and seeing some commotion, out of curiosity, (which cats have :P) Edo went downstairs to look.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:39 pm

ooc: Good job, very realistic. :-)
----

Once Crya was laid back and undressed, she closed her eyes and quieted her mind and focused on being still.

The doctor was efficient and Cyra remained silent while he worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:36 pm

ooc:
Blaster427 wrote:out of curiosity, (which cats have :P) Edo went downstairs to look.
"Suddenly, curiosity killed Edo."
:-P
Anyway, I'm assuming you're going down into the gathering hall (where Cyra is) to look around.

I forgot to mention that these doctors would be wearing masks (and by forgot, I mean I forgot they should be).
They'd also have blood on their clothes.

-

Once he was inside, Edo saw the general layout of the gathering hall.
Spoiler:
Cyra was laid out over one of the tables, with two hunters standing on each side holding her hands.
An apparent doctor was sewing her stomach up currently, and another man with his sleeves rolled up was standing nearby with a roll of gauze.
Specifically, Edo noticed that one of the two accompanying monster hunters had a heavy bowgun on his back, the same one that had been shooting out the window.

During Cyra's operation, another man came over. Blood was on his shirt and his sleeves were rolled up, showing his non-bulky arms. Chances were he was another doctor of some kind. He grabbed some gauze padding and wrap for the next step of the procedure.

Only a few minutes later, the operating doctor was finished sewing and tied off the thread. "Sit her up please and raise her arms." The accompanying hunters did as instructed, one of them holding up Raven's underclothes.
Working together, the two doctors placed multiple gauze pads on the stomach wound, then wrapped the roll around her abdomen several times. Adhesive was applied to keep the wrap from falling apart, as well on Cyra's skin to keep it from slipping.

Not long after the procedure began, it was all done, but there was still work to be done; Cyra's face. "Let's get your face fixed up while you're here." The lead doctor said rinsing his hands again. "Get some butterfly bandages." He told the other doctor, who went off.

Like the previous wound, the lead doctor washed and disinfected the small gash on Cyra's face, using some gauze to dry it after. Before he was done, the other man returned with a handful of bandages.
The lead doctor began placing the unique bandages across the laceration, using more than a few. Cyra could feel them pulling the two sides of the cut together, which would help it heal.

The lead doctor sighed with relief, backing away. "Get her some more gauze pads and rolls and butterfly bandages." He told the other doctor, who once more went off. "You're all set for now. You'll want to replace the gauze and bandages by the end of today." He started to say to Cyra, motioning around his abdomen and face. "If anything doesn't feel right, like if something reopened or a thread broke, see a doctor as soon as you can." The two hunters helped Cyra off the table, offering her back her stripped armor and weapons. "Other than that, it was an honor to work on you." The doctor smiled, making a slight bow.

-
ooc:
I believe butterfly bandages work by pulling the two sides of the cut together. When they are applied, the applicator stretches them, so that when they're released on the skin, their natural tension pulls themselves together, pulling the sides of the cut together.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 pm

After seeing all the wounded people, Edo felt extremely lucky to have not been injured. He went back outside, then asked around, "Where can I purchase some more ammo and arrows, nya?"
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Once Crya was up again, she looked up at the doctor, "Thank you very much for patching me up."

She then turns to the two hunters who had helped her through out the whole process, "Thank you both for all you have done to help me."

Crya then takes back her armor with another smile (to late for modesty here) and starts to put her armor back on for the time, being very careful not to pull her stitches too much.

She then gathers her weapons and works those back on as well.

Putting the gauze and bandages in her pouch, she will then try and find the other hunters she was working with to see if she can help with anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Edo happened upon an old Wyverian man, whom stood only about a foot above him in height. Like everyone in the area, he smelled of body odor, but beneath that unpleasant scent he smelled of gunpowder.
"I would think a smith, though I doubt any will be open until at least tomorrow." He said happily to Edo, bearing a deeper than average voice.

He turned to Cyra as she left the gathering hall, accompanied by the two other monster hunters from before. "Hello there, ma'am. You seem to be holding up well." He greeted pleasantly, turning slightly to her.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Cyra turns to the voice that had spoken to her, "Hello there," she greets with a smile. "I am doing well, Thank you very much!"

With a smile and a wave she continues on her way out of the hall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Edo nodded to the wyvernian. Turning around to Cyra, "Hey Cyra, nya. How are you feeling better, nya? I'll probably be in the hall, working on my gun and bow, nya. If you cna't find me there, I'll be on the roof, nya."
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:18 pm

ooc:
Just to clarify, the Wyverian was already outside.

@Blaster: Just so you know, you could probably reuse some of the arrows in the Rathalos.
In retrospect, I probably should have had some of your arrows break/bounce off of the shell... Oh well.

-

"That's good." The Wyverian nodded. "I saw you performing excellently out there. All of you, really."

Things outside were mostly the same as before. People were celebrating and in awe of the Azure Rathalos. By now, the ground around it was totally drenched with the blood drained from his body.
The panicking Aptonoth had been calmed.

Some monster hunters spread themselves out over the edge of the area, probably as a precaution against any remaining 'Prey.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Crya turns back to the Wyverian, "Thank you so much, that is kind of you to say, the other hunters did do an excellent job, I probably wouldn't be alive without them."

She continues to make her way back to the Rathalos, she wants to make sure everyone she hunted with is ok, especially David, who took such a hard hit.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 pm

The two hunters that assisted Cyra stayed behind. "Mr. Elram?" One of them asked with surprise, not the one who could shout really loud (with the bowgun that was in the window).
"Hello." The Wyverian could be heard as Cyra went away, pleasant as usual.
The rest of their conversation was unheard as Cyra left.

Cyra found David in good health, standing with his longsword in its scabbard on his back. He was talking to some civilians, a small smile on his face. During his conversation, he took another swig of cool drink. He seemed to explain to the civilians what he was drinking and why, judging by his gestures with the canteen.

-
ooc:
As a reminder, Morgan Elram is this guy;
Spoiler:
I'm sort of stalling to give the others a chance to react and stuff.
I'm surprised I haven't mixed up "Raven" and "Cyra" yet (I think). I almost just did.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Cyra, relieved to see David doing well, politely waits to gain his attention. She does not want to interrupt his conversation with the civilians he is talking with.

She takes in her surroundings and all the happy people. It makes her feel good to see them so happy. She was glad to have had a small part in that. Nothing makes her feel better than being able to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:51 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: If you could check the sign up thread, please. There's some questions there.

@Blaster: Would you be working on your weapons at the moment? If so, where?

-

David noticed Cyra standing nearby, but waited for a break in the conversation before addressing her.
"Do you need something?" He asked once he had the chance, maintaining his small smile. The attention of the people nearby shifted over to Cyra.

-
ooc:
I need to figure something out with David, I feel like he's not that interesting.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:22 pm

"No I didn't need anything, I just wanted to make sure that you were doing alright." Cyra answered David with a smile.

"Is there anything that you think we should be doing right now to help in anyway?"

Cyra smiles in recognition at the people who are nearby, they seem happy and that makes everything worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Edo was polishing his sword, and then went to giving his gun basic care. After caring for his gun, he went to his bow, giving the string several etsts to make sure it was not damaged. Once he was set, he took off and polished his armor, working out and kinks. All while enjoying the scenery of the city.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: Where would you be?

-

"I'm fine, what about yourself?" David asked.

(Response, and Cyra's second question.)

"Not that I know of, yet." He answered, already starting to think of what else needed to be done.
"In a little while, we're going to try and fully purge the city of all the 'Prey running around." The Wyverian said coming up from behind Cyra, smiling as usual. David's expression changed to one of near nervousness, like his idol just appeared in front of him. The other people nearby acted similarly. "You're all free to rest though, you've done more than enough."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 pm

"I am doing good, Thank you." Cyra answers David.

"Hello Sir," Cyra addresses the Wyverian. "I don't mind helping clear out the prey if it is needed. Being busy is good and I want to help in anyway I can, so if you need me, I am here."

Cyra smiles at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Chirozay cleaned the blood from his falchion, draining it into a small vial. "It's a wonder how I've been so much with so little," he said with a chuckle. Putting away the vial and sheathing his weapon, Chirozay stood and watched the townspeople as they milled about.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Totoro, annoyed that he was unable to nap peacefully, got down off of the 'Los and wandered around the alleys patrolling for perhaps any straggler 'prey or even the Iodrome that escaped earlier
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:34 am

Three Wells approached the wyverian known as Morgan Elram.

"Excuse me, Mr Elram. I need to repair my lance so I can protect your people better. Do you know any smith who can do the job?"
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 am

As Totoro patrolled the nearby streets and alleys, he didn't find any straggling 'Prey or the Iodrome.
He did see some hunters that were acting as watchmen, in the scenario that 'Prey did advance on the crowd of people by the gathering hall complex. With the recent presence of the Rathalos, however, that was unlikely.
He also saw a human corpse, still intact with most of its flesh, though bloated from inner decay. A couple of Ioprey bodies were nearby in similar condition.

The Wyverian chuckled at Cyra's response. "Good show. You'll know when we're organizing parties to perform the final sweepings."

He turned to Wells, craning his head up high to make eye contact over he tremendous height difference. "If it can be repaired, yes, I know of someone who can do it. I'm sure he'll be approaching all of you in regards to what is to be done with the Azure Rathalos materials."

-
ooc:
As a reminder, this town and its facilities probably aren't going to be operational today, because it has just begun recovering.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Cyra smiled, "Thank you, sir. I am going to wander around some and see if I can be of use to anyone. I won't be far when the time comes to organize the parties."

She turns with a smile for David as well, "Is there anything I can do at the moment?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Seeing that the area was already well watched, Totoro made his way back over to the 'Los carcass and absorbed its soul surveyed the people who were crowding around it.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:55 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: If you drink his blood, you'll absorb his powers. The more you drink, the more you'll absorb and the more your body will shift to resemble him (you can become a baby Azure Rathalos).

@Everyone: Please see my post in the sign up thread before reading the rest of this post.
Second time making this post, ugh.

-

"Not now." David said to Cyra.

There was an influx of chatter among the crowd, and everyone's attention shifted to the west. The street south of the hunter's lodging building, specifically.
A sizable group of people were headed down the street from the west, composed mostly of civilians, though hunters could be seen among them.
Two of the monster hunters stood out in particular, perhaps because of the noticeable colors of their armors.

One was dressed in what was probably the bulkiest kind of armor monster smiths would make, made of solid white monster shell. A large round shield this hunter carried was of the same proportions and materials, perhaps taking away from the large white kukri he held in his other hand.
It was likely that this hunter was a turtle much like Wells, though the plethora of item harnesses over his person suggested that there was more to his hunting style than just high defenses.

The other outstanding monster hunter was a short green Felyne, whom wore lightweight armor primarily of a brighter shade of green. He held a weaponized pickax in each of his hands, which were connected to one another via a vibrant emerald rope of some kind.

The green Felyne marched speedily forward, for some reason not looking too happy. "Out'a mah way!" He barked at those ahead of him, whom parted as he advanced.
He walked directly up to the head of the Azure Rathalos, straight through the thick puddle of blood, and gave the deceased wyvern a cursory once over.
After his examination was complete, he pounced up onto the neck of the monster and proceeded up towards the torso of the beast, elevating himself slightly.

"Who did this?" He barked again, eying nearby hunters dirtily, particularly those without generic armor.

Meanwhile, the newly arrived crowd of people were escorted inside the hunter's lodging. An injured man was carried into the gathering hall, followed in by the heavily white armored hunter.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Chirozay came forward. "I did, as well as several others," he said in response. He looked over the small felyne, assuming him to be another hunter. He didn't like the tone this newcomer had taken, and he wondered where he had been during the fight.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next