The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde RPG Sign Up

+5
Rekee Soen
rageofox
Sunfish123
Blaster427
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Holgarde RPG Sign Up Empty Holgarde RPG Sign Up

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 pm

This is the same collaboration RPG as before to be run by Andras, BizzarreCoyote and myself. Some changes were made to hopefully make things better.
Even though many things are similar to before, please read everything through.

First, this is some general information about the world (of monster hunter) in general. This is meant to get us all on the same page. Things like back story shouldn't contradict anything said in this list.
Spoiler:
This is the setting for the region that this RPG will be taking place in. (There is more than just the image. Scroll down after opening the spoiler.)
Spoiler:
This is the initial quest that we will start this RPG off with. Your characters are all presumed to take this quest.
Spoiler:
Specific details, such as how long it will have been when you arrive, where you all come from, are not yet decided. Such details are waiting for characters to be made, so proper organizing can be done.
However, you can expect the caravans coming into town to have NPC lower rank hunters alongside you, to handle lesser tasks.

Some basic rules about this RPG.
Spoiler:
Onto some general character creation stuff.
Spoiler:
Now for actually building your character.
Spoiler:
Back Story:
Spoiler:
Armor and Weapons:
Spoiler:
Items:
Spoiler:
Character Creation Summary:
Spoiler:

This is all subject to editing and addition. We will likely be making a bunch of little edits, however we may end up adding bigger things like history.
There will likely be a lot of discussion about characters and other stuff, so please keep up with this thread besides just making your own character.
Your characters don't have to be the same as the one's in the first start, but they can be if you wish.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Holgarde RPG Sign Up Empty Re: Holgarde RPG Sign Up

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 pm

My Character:

Name: Cyra Wyndham
Race: Human
Height: 5' 6" Lean, trim fit build with subtle muscle, built more for speed but also has decent strength.
Appearance: Long, Wavy Red Hair, Bright Green Eyes
Armor: Khezu
Weapons: Snow Twins-Shadow Javalin with shield
Hunting Knife: Sgian Dubh
Necklace: Dragon Knife Necklace
Starting Point: Metke Village
Goals: to find her place not only as a hunter but in a town she can call home where she can be a help to both town and its people.
Back Story: Growing up in a very large family, that included 5 older brothers, there was never a lack of some one to spar with or to talk to. In many ways it was nice, but it was hard with so many living in one space. Her brothers were good to her and saw to her monster hunter training from the time she was old enough to learn and to go on hunts with them. They always seemed to forget that she was female so she was never spared any injuries while working with them, to them she was one of the guys. It served its purpose well in making her tougher than a typical female.
She had a glowing personality and loves being with people, always having a kind word. But if riled, she falls back on some of the not so good traits her brothers taught her, such as language. She is always one to help out where needed and is not afraid of hard work and doing whatever needs to be done.
When she turned of age, she realized that the best thing she could do for her family was to leave and make her own way even thoughit broke her heart to do so. Upon leaving her brothers gave her a very special dragon necklace which she never takes off. She took her guild exam to become a licensed hunter. From there she travels with various caravans helping out where needed and joining different hunting parties along the way. She was just waiting to find her place. This is how she came to be in Metke Village and has been there for quite sometime now as she loves the scenery and views of the mountains. She enjoys spending time in both the farming land and the mountain side and often travels between both helping and working where ever she is needed.

Last edited by StarLady on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Alright, my character:

Name: Edo Gani
Race: Felyne (ftw)
Build: Your general felyne build. Stronger than he really looks.
Height: 2'6
Physical Description: 2'6, average felyne build, tan fur, stronger than he looks.
Armor: Alloy Cat without the bell (likely to be changed)
Weapons: Shrunk down Gigginox LBG, (Is Gigginox alright?) Shrunk down Gigginox SnS, Shrunk down Bnahabra Bow.( The very first version)
Items: Flash Bombs, Throwing Knives, Shock Trap (I'll add the hunting knife)
Goal: To become the #1 hunter (Irony :P)
Backstory: Edo always wanted to be a hunter, so when the age came, he became a hunter. Hunting with his best pal, Devil (If you want I'll make him too :P) he got his Gigginox equipment. (I'll change that part if you like) Then, while he was out gathering in the desert for ores (his hometown was near a desert), he found a baby Rathian, (once again, I'll change if you want) but feeling it would do no good to kill it, he left it. Then, a few years later, his home town (if you want, I'll think up a name) was attack by a family of Rathians, but rather than standing to defend his home town, Edo chickened out, and fled his home town to the town of Donoto, and ever since swore he would never chicken out again.

Ammo: Normal, Pierce, Crag
Arrows: Wooden broad heads (the head is steel tipped).

I imagine the gun would go over his right shoulder, shield on his right hip, sword strapped on the small of his back, arrow pouch (made of ores) around his left shoulder, and the bow on his back. Is that too much equipment?
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Here is my hunting knife, the hilt would be made of Gigginox.
Spoiler:

Will that work?
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:06 pm

@Star: Unless you specify otherwise, I'm gonna assume the family is outside of the Holgarde region (probably closer to the rest of the world, meaning across the desert to the west/north).
I'm assuming blade master Congalala armor.
Just be aware that Congalala armor would not provide enough warmth to survive in the cold regions. You'd need to be under the influence of a hot drink, unless other measures were taken.

Other than that, you're all set.

@Blaster: Regarding your build, I'm going to assume you're well rounded, with a bit of a focus on strength, unless you say otherwise. Though, being a Felyne, you'd be more agile and less strong and durable (compared to a human).
If you decide to change armor or anything, let me know please.
You don't need to bother making your buddy.
It'll be assumed that when you hunted the Gigginox, you had more people than just your buddy.
Monster hunters wouldn't really gather ore like they do in game. Miners handle that.
For your own sake, you'll probably wanna think of a name for your home town. I'm assuming it's one of the towns beyond the desert (to the east).
Regarding the story, I'm just gonna say one Rathian attacked, instead of a whole family. The town would have handled it though (granted with a lot of losses), and it would have been some years ago.

Having all of the equipment is fine, and you wouldn't be TOO much slower with it all.
The knife checks out okay.
Alloy armor wouldn't help at all with environmental issues (extreme cold or heat). You'd need to be under the influence of a cold or hot drink, unless other measures were taken.

You're all set then.

@Everyone: Regarding shock traps;
Spoiler:

Also, I'm likely to edit Metke a little bit. Probably insert some mining activity.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Name: Totoro Kuhn
Race: Felyne
Physical Description: About 3', Average build mainly focusing on speed, Black fur, White patch on the stomach

Armor: Baggi Armor (P3 Felyne Armor)
Weapons: Yukumo Blades (DS)
Items: Smoke Bombs and Flashbombs

Backstory: Generally accepted in his home town and even, much to his displeasure, treated as a good luck charm by some of the other hunters. Nothing special about him, he was just a Felyne who was inspired by a high rank hunter who had helped defend his town, Rulbo, from a Rathalos one day, and decided to become a hunter as a result. He has traveled around the regions to hunt monsters not found around his home town, and obtained his armor in this fashion. Now he wants to do the same, and help protect others just like that one hunter had.

Last edited by Sunfish123 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:38 pm

@Sunfish: Totoro?
You'll just wanna specify what type of Baggi armor (P3 Felyne, blademaster, gunner).
You probably would have had to go to Metke (snowy mountain village) to get the Baggi armor, because of the climate he lives in.

@Everyone: Just so you know, towns getting attacked by monsters is rare. Towns usually have a good idea of what monsters are nearby and take care of them when they get too close.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 pm

@DB Yes, my family is outside of the Holgarde region, and Yes my armor would be the blade master. And since I split my time between the farming lands and the mountain side, I would use hot drinks when necessary. Would that work?

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:01 pm

@Star: I'm not sure what precisely you mean by splitting your time, but it'll probably work.
I'm just saying that when you're in an extremely cold area, your Congalala armor wouldn't be enough.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 pm

@DB: I might not change my armor, but if I do, I'll let you know. Edo would be under the unfluence of a cool drink during the day, and during the night, when Edo sleeps, theres a fire near his bed to keep him warm. He always has his knife in a secret little pocket on his left side.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 pm

@DB: From what I understand about Metke it has the main village on the mountain side and the farming land farther down. When I said splitting my time, I meant I would spend time in the farming lands maybe days or more at a time, and then spend time in the mountains days at a time as well, working and helping where needed. I do realize that my armor would not be sufficient for the extreme cold of the mountains, but with spending time in both areas, it just seemed easier to use hot drinks while in the mountains. If I am wrong in my thinking of the village set up, I can adjust things.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 pm

@Both: Alright, no issues or anything.

Just remember that you'd have normal person clothes as well, that you'd probably wear during off time to cope with the environment.
Hot/Cold drinks would be more for quests.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:14 pm

@DB: Great, Thanks, I didn't even think of normal clothes. LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Surprised you knew about the name. And I'll edit the information back into my original post.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Ill try to get around to this then.
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

Name: Three Wells
Race: Human
Height: 6'6
Build: (American) Footballer’s build. Strength > Durability > Agility. Can run fast, but requires some time to pick up speed.
Other Physical Descriptions: crew-cut black hair, brown eyes, tanned skin.

Armor: Hermitaur blademaster
Weapons: Bone Claw Lance (Hermitaur), Black Katana Mk.II
Significant Items: Flashbombs x10, Bottle of Tranquilizing Fluid.

Goal(s): Protect the weak and helpless.

Back-story: Three Wells lives in Rulbo and works as part of a pest control team*. A defensive fighter who prioritizes power over technique, he willingly extends his service to those in need.

*Pests referring to vespoids, hornetaurs, small crabs, large crabs, bullfangos, and during certain seasons, kelbis. If you are unsure whether the creature eating your backyard is considered a pest please consult our dichotomous key below.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:49 am

@Rageo: Acknowledged.

@Rekee: That all checks out.

I had a feeling you might still use him, and if you did, he'd be in Rulbo.
I imagine you'd get a good amount of business with all of the farm land there.

@Everyone: So we're still waiting on Jeffman. He's been busy lately, but hopefully once college starts he'll have more time. We'll see what happens.
Glyph I'm not sure what's going on with.
And then there's Rageo, who I assume will be ready before Jeffman.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 am

@Rekee and Sunfish: You two will want to look at each other's characters if you haven't already.
You two would know each other and probably have hunted together a few times.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm afraid that might be a problem. Totoro can only be seen by little girls.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh, you just made my day there. Ah it hurts to laugh.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:58 am

Db old friend I'll be joining this soon I'm making a comeback! Should have my guy done by today no later

Edit: have it done by Monday
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:48 am

@Trey: There's no rush to get characters in at the moment. I don't think this RPG will be starting for a little while (I still intend to run it).

Partly we're waiting on Jeffman to get his character in. He is busy with a bunch of things (work, college) that should be settling down pretty soon.
I'm also busy with college stuff in general, which should settle down too.

But yeah, you've got plenty of time.

@Everyone: Take note of above. Sorry things are taking so long to get started.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 am

@Db ok sounds good I'll have it done soon
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:41 pm

I asked Jeffman his status about joining. I'm waiting on him for getting this going.

@Trey and Rageo: You'll want to get your characters in soon.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:06 pm

@DB: I got my character re-posted, I changed my armor, could you let me know if it is ok, and let me know if I missed anything. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

@Star: That's all fine. Good to see you found the information.
Am I right in assuming the armor is white blademaster female?

@Everyone: What's going on now is;
Jeffman said we can go on without him. He'll probably join some time later.
I did a last minute call for some new players, because I'd like a few more than we have now. I'm waiting on responses from them.
Once I get those responses, or give up on waiting, I'll probably get started on the introduction.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 pm

@DB: Yes, the white blademaster female. I keep a notebook with all of my characters info in it, I just had to track it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:10 pm

To get more people, balance out the groups, and probably other reasons, me and Coyote are each going to make characters to play alongside you guys.
Coyote will be making a character from Donoto (with Blaster).

I'm hoping to get the RPG starting post up by tonight, but I'm not sure what the odds are off that. Hopefully Coyote gets his character in before that, but if he doesn't, it's probably not a big deal.

This'll be my character from Metke (with Starlady).
Spoiler:
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 am

Spoiler:
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

If anyone else wants to jump in, they still can.

To be apart of this first part, they'll need to get in soon. After a certain point, they'll have to wait until the next opening to get in.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next