The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) Empty Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 pm

ooc:
See the sign up thread for briefing if you haven't already.

You’d have a small one story building. You’d each have your own small rooms, then there’s the kitchen/dining/family room, and the bathroom. The most notable detail would be that all of the windows have metal curtains to prevent theft.
The truck is outside.

Forgive the horribly short introduction.

-

Today was the day that everyone agreed to begin their pursuit of “Jonathan Sanborn.” It was a little past noon; everyone had eaten lunch, and now were preparing to depart.

Pete was in the middle of hauling a large chest through the hallway and out the door, large enough to fit someone inside of (for whatever purpose). He had yet to fill it up with what he planned to bring.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am

"You plan on carrying that by yourself right?" Ted said while raising an eyebrow towards the chest. He had just finished packing up all his belongings and was waiting for the others.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm

"Some help wouldn't go unappreciated." Pete said as he continued to drag the chest out, only having minimal difficulty. "Gonna put it in the truck, 'n' put all my shit inside."

-
ooc:
A reminder that the truck only has 2.5 seats (two, and that excuse of a seat that's in the middle). At least one person is riding in the back (and Pete's the designated driver I imagine).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 am

"Don't expect any from me." Ted said simply, "Maybe one of the others might."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am

"I'll help." Raymond said as he stood up. "Already got my gear ready to go." He walked to the other end of the trunk and helped Pete carry it.

---

ooc: Since I'm probably the biggest guy in the group, I have no problems riding in the back of the truck.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:20 am

"Thanks RAYMOND." Pete said looking at Ted, half faking upset.
The two men slid the large chest into the bed of the truck. "Now if ya can help me get the rest of my shit in there." Pete said as he hurried back to his room to grab more stuff.

-
ooc:
We're kind of just waiting on Glyph before we hit the road.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 am

OOC: Sorry, I've had trouble thinking of an intro, and that's probably evident.

Rae ran through her mental checklist once again, triple checking to make sure that nothing would be forgotten. She was always paranoid about forgetting something important. With a sigh she grabbed her things, went outside, and packed them in the truck. Rae always traveled light, and her own belongings took up little space compared to the large chest already in the bed. After checking to make sure that everything was secure, she went around to the front of the truck and got in, sitting in the middle seat. Although only by a slight margin, Rae was the still the smallest compared to both Ted and Pete - Ray usually sat in the bed - and had the easiest time riding hump. She didn't really mind it, either. The marksman leaned out the passenger side window and shouted towards the house;

"You almost ready to go, Pete?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:24 am

Raymond nodded to Pete. "Sure, I'll help. Still think it would have made more sense to pack the trunk first before moving it..." He headed inside with Pete to help gather up the rest of his things, taking most of the heavier gear to the trunk first, letting Pete load the smaller, less cumbersome equipment.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:52 am

ooc:
@Glyph: You messed up your own name with "Ray."

@Everyone: For items that you wouldn't really have on your person, where would you be putting them? If in the truck, where in the truck?
For right now, who's where in the truck isn't too important, but later it will be.

-

"Yeah yeah yeah." Pete replied to Rae as he and Raymond carried his stuff out. The most notable things were two tool kits and a towing chain.

After everything was thrown inside the chest, he used the chain to secure it to the truck, and then a heavy duty lock to close the loop and lock the chest at the same time. "No one's gonna be gettin' in here..." He muttered as he did so.

Once done, he hopped into the driver's seat and started the engine, and soon was driving through the streets. Even with the far spaced buildings, he still had to drive relatively slow because of all the people walking around. The roads weren't really treated like roads, just open land, because motor vehicles were a minority.

Regardless, the company arrived at their destination within ten minutes; The Stumble In Bar. Pete pulled up smoothly past the front door, putting the driver's side closest. No other vehicles were present.
Like most buildings, the bar's neighbors were apart by several yards, leaving it in the open.
It was only a single story (though had a basement), and the size of maybe a few humble homes put together. It had glass windows around its perimeter, one of which was broken and had the metal curtain drawn down. (It might have had holographic windows, if sand blowing in weren't an issue.)

It was considerably noisy inside, something "exciting" was probably happening.
"What's goin' on?" Pete asked as he craned his neck, killing the engine.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

ooc: I was planning on keeping my stuff in my backpack.

Ted shrugged and opened his door before stepping out and stretching his legs. "Only one way to find out." He said as he waited for the others.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:43 pm

OOC: I actually didn't confuse anything; I was talking about Fluffy's character, who usually sits in the back.

"Uhh, maybe I should stay in the truck? I don't know about you guys, but I have a bad feeling about leaving our only truck, with all of our stuff in the back, completely unattended."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am

Raymond chuckled at Rae's response. "Yeah, she's got a point there." He stood up in the bed of the truck and stretched before jumping down to the ground. "But I'm wonderin' what's goin' on in there... Sounds like trouble."
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:34 am

"I guess someone should stay." Pete scratched his head looking at the truck.

Fortunately, there were no gunshots among the noise inside the bar.

-
ooc:
If there's any ever mundane tasks (like waiting with the truck), feel free to put it on Pete. It makes more sense to have the players do the more involved/"fun" work.

At the moment I'm just waiting on you guys to decide your plan of action.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:18 pm

"Well Pete's the only one that knows how to drive this clunker, so I vote that he stays here and plays getaway driver. From the way things sound inside, we might need a fast exit."

Rae stepped out of the truck and checked to make sure her pistol was loaded.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Raymond slung his shotgun over his shoulder. "Yeah, how 'bout it, Pete? Stayin' here with the truck all by yourself while we go have a few shotsa whiskey in the bar?" He chuckled.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:15 pm

"Remember we're on the job." Pete said to Raymond, taking the whiskey comment more seriously than necessary (mostly because he wasn't involved). "Anyway, I'll be ready at the wheel. Jump in the back if yer in a hurry."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 pm

"We'll try to leave the bar as much like we found it." Ted smiled as he made sure his revolvers were loaded and started walking towards the entrance.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Rae pushed open the entrance to the bar, keeping her hands nowhere near her holster. The last thing the chaos inside needed was a band of mercenaries coming in guns blazing.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 am

Raymond stepped in behind Rae, looking over her head to see what was happening. His shotgun was in plain sight, strapped to his back, but he had no plans to reach for it unless it was to defend himself from a belligerent drunk.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am

Ted shrugged as he saw the others avoid their weapons and walked in behind them. He didn't draw either of his revolvers but he kept his hands near them.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

After the trio walked inside, they saw that the ruckus wasn't 'too' bad. Just a particularly large bar fight. There was maybe a dozen people participating (probably less), and about as many cheering spectators. It seemed to have taken its destructive effect on the bar itself, furniture being all over the place, bottle shattered and drinks spilled.

The trio couldn't find the man they were looking for at first glance (Gary, one of bartenders).
One guy was wearing an apron though, and seemed to be trying to separate one of the frays. He was hit in the nose by someone's forearm and knocked aside.

-
ooc:
It just occurred to me that a taser would have been a nice item.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Rae effectively had no idea what to do. Being somewhat introverted, she had a fairly unpleasant time speaking to people she didn't know, let alone breaking up a bar fight. She thought about firing her side arm, but there was a strong likelihood that it would only make things worse. Developing a consensus with the rest of the team in the bar sounded like the best decision.

"Well it's certainly a massive clusterfuck... anybody have any ideas?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 pm

"That guy looks like he knows what's up." Ted said, pointing at the guy in the apron, "We should just pull him aside."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm

(Assuming you go about pulling him aside.)

The man's first reaction was to struggle, though (whoever grabbed him) manged to keep their grip on him and pull him out of the fray. "Get offa me, who're you?!" He quickly asked.

Someone else was knocked back into the trio, pursued by another person. The two proceeded to continue brawling within close proximity of the discussion.

-
ooc:
For future reference, it might be better to follow through with your ideas, rather than just say "we should do this." It speeds things up a little.
Granted, there may be times when that shouldn't be done.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 pm

OOC: Well it's faster, but we still have to get a feel for how you're going to to about GMing this. I think I have a pretty good idea of how you run things, but you never know. You could always throw some kind of curveball, like: "Your team goes to pull the bartender aside, but one of the brawlers has a thermal detonator! Roll a 99 three times and open a pickle jar with your butt cheeks for half damage. Everything in a 3 mile radius is completely destroyed, and any survivors of the blast are now crippled forever. Thanks for playing!" Joking, but still : P

Rae spoke up first. "We're friends of Gary, have you seen him?" She cast a side long glance at the ongoing fight, and made sure to stay well out of arms reach.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:22 pm

ooc:
How did you see-?! I mean...

-

"Today's 'is day off. Why'a askin?" The apparent bartender asked, temporarily putting off the bar fight issue.

-
ooc:
I think I'm gonna use the negotiation skill to determine how good or bad conversations go (you might notice them fluctuate).
Glyph got a strong success this time around, which led to the guy leading the conversation the right way (rather than trying to get back to his business).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 pm

OOC: Well it looks like it's time to start memorizing who has the best stats. I take it that I'll probably be team negotiator, then?

"We need to ask him for some information about a missing person. We're a kind of search and rescue operation, at the moment."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 am

ooc:
Crud, I'll have to rethink how I run things, since I'd rather not just have one person do all the negotiating (rather as a team).
For now, forget I said anything, and don't be afraid to say anything (in game).

-

"Well look, I'll be happy- shiong-mung duh kwong-run!" The apparent bartender swore at one of the combatants as he threw a chair halfway through a window (meant to hit someone who ended up ducking). "If it wasn't already ruttin' obvious, I'm a little busy!"

He started to march around to the backside of the counter.

-
ooc:
The Chinese roughly translates to "violent lunatic," according to the Firefly Wikiquote.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:39 pm

"Hold on there." Ted commanded as he grabbed the bartender and pulled him back and gestured to his holster, "I don't think you understand, we need to ask you some questions else you might become a lot more busy."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 am

Rae grimaced, but made no comment. Time to play the good cop. She took as aggressive a stance as possible, and addressed the bartender again.

"Look, we won't take up much of your time. If we don't get to where we need to be soon, the person we're trying to save could be shipped home as chunks in a box."

OOC: +5 Paragon

Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next