The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:36 pm

After standing up and looking around the corner, Rae did not see Sugartits. A door in the back was still swinging though, bouncing off of its frame.

Raymond and the squatting man each rose up and shot at the same moment.
The first shotgun shell put several pellets through the man's rib area, knocking him to the ground with a combination of force and pain.
The man's pistol round struck Raymond similarly, though its potency was drastically reduced by the bullet resistant vest Raymond wore. Regardless, it knocked the wind out of him and probably damaged (fractured, cracked, broke) a rib.

Raymond's second shot missed from a combination of the man falling, and inaccuracy due to damage taken.

Ted and the kneeling man exchanged shots, neither hitting the other.
By the time Ted went to take a shot at the other man, he'd fallen behind the table.

Similarly, by the time Rae returned to cover, both opposing men were behind the table again. The shotgun-wounded man's head was visible from her point of view. He was writhing on the ground, but alive and able to move at least somewhat.
The bartender was still frozen.

-
ooc:
@Glyph: For the record, I counted "looking for Sugartits" as an action.

@Fluffy: Just so you know, you did not start reloading this turn. You also still have one shell loaded.

@Everyone: Everyone is acting this coming turn (I'll only say this a few more times).
@Sunfish: You get to act twice (two turns), and still have that one turned stored away.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 am

Ted pointed both guns at the kneeling man or at least where he was and would shoot both guns if he popped up. He would continue on in a similar manner until either he killed the kneeling man or otherwise. If he killed the kneeling man then he would switch the the one who fell.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Raymond remained behind cover and began reloading, taking the time to catch the wind that was knocked out of him when he was shot.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Rae moved out of cover and made towards where the other combatants were hiding. Weapon raised, she was prepared to fire at anyone that lifted a gun at her.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 am

For a moment there was another pause in the combat as the two men remained behind cover.
Raymond took this time to reload his shotgun, using what was stored on the butt stock and sling, filling it to full capacity.

As Rae started to move towards the two men's cover, one of them called out "Alright, we give! We give!"
Despite their apparent surrender, there was no real action to show it (granted the table obstructed the mercenaries view, and one of the men had just been shot).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Rae kept her attention focused towards the table, but stopped advancing. "Put your weapons down and your hands where I can see them. Nobody else needs to get shot today." Weapon at the ready, she was prepared to shoot to kill if either of the men acted otherwise. To her comrades, she said "Somebody keep an eye out, I don't know where the other guy went."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 am

Ted remained at least partially hidden by the cover. He had both his pistols trained on the are where the two men were hiding.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Raymond stayed in his place, a hand on his injury from the battle. He'd prefer not to get shot again if the supposed 'surrender' was legit.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 pm

A hand holding a pistol slowly reached out past the table and set the gun down on the floor.
A moment later, the same occurred on the other side of the table (it seemed the man had to reach over to his injured comrade and remove the gun from him).

The bartender stood up, still shivering with shock, fear written across his face. His finger was at the trigger and he was pointing in the general direction of the combatants.

The first man to have been shot (by Ted) looked to be in critical condition. He'd been shot square in the chest, and a life threatening amount of blood had poured out. His shirt was drenched, and a large puddle was forming around him. The only indication that he was alive (for now) was that he was shaking and sputtering.

"Hey piss off, bitch!" Pete could be heard shouting outside.
The response from whoever he was talking to was a gunshot. It came from right outside the front door, and made a large ricochet as it bounced off the truck.
Pete could be heard cursing, followed by "Help!"

-
ooc:
Remember there's the person Ted downed right off the bat, then the two people behind the table. The critical condition guy is the former.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Rae stepped forward and kicked the guns completely out of reach of either of the two men behind the table.

"One of you go and help the driver, I'll see to him." Rae went to the man in critical condition, trying to assess the extent of his injuries and do anything she could to help him. "If things aren't too bad, I need someone to bring me back my medical supplies from the truck."

OOC: Well great, now there's somebody else we're going to have to shoot at. And if I'm doing more actions than I have turns for, the medical stuff takes priority.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 pm

OOC: We did kinda forget about sugartits...

Ted ran outside and looked for the gunman attacking the truck. When spotted he would immediately open fire.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: Indeed. Glyph even told you guys to look out for him. :-P

Gonna bot Fluffy.

-

Ted and Raymond both ran for the door, and were immediately within point blank range of the enemy gunman (who'd been standing right next to the door). He seemed as surprised as they were, and both parties started shooting in a hurry.

The man missed Ted by a long shot, shooting midway as he switched from Pete to Ted.
Ted nearly blew the man's head off, but instead only removed a few hairs off the side of his head.
Raymond only skinned the man's shoulder as he turned away, still clawing up the flesh pretty good.

Rae kicked away one of the men's pistols as she moved to address the critically injured man, then got her knees wet with blood as she knelt down. After lifting the man's shirt, she could see more precisely where the bullet hit; it had just missed his heart and lungs, but still probably hit something important. All she could really do at the moment was apply pressure to stop (or slow) the bleeding. Her doing so seemed to work.
The man had a new look of fear on his face as one of the people who shot him (indirectly) hovered over him. He still had his hand in his pocket.

The bartender had the two surrendering men at shotgun point.

-
ooc:
Obviously, I'm not a medical person, so please forgive any inaccuracies (feel free to point them out though).

(Everyone is acting.)
@Sunfish: You have one action stored.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Rae tried to comfort the man as best she could while she worked. She addressed the look of fear: "You're going to be fine, just stay calm. If you're intending on using whatever is in your pocket to harm me, I would advise against it. I can't help you if we're both dying." She continued trying to assuage his fears and dress his injuries as best she could without her medical supplies.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Ted aimed mid chest and fired both revolvers, he would then run towards the truck to use it for cover.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:36 am

OOC: Just so you don't think Fluffy is neglecting this, he doesn't have any internet on the weekends.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 am

ooc:
Acknowledged about Fluffy. I'll keep that in mind the future.
I'm gonna bot him again.

-

Ted was the first to make a second shot, which ripped a hole in his target's chest. The man almost collapsed as he aimed his pistol at Ted, catching his balance on the railing.
Pete took a shot from the truck window, which landed in the ground past the building (evident by the dirt it kicked up).

Before the man could take his shot at Ted, Raymond put several more metal pellets into his torso, jostling his body. The man slumped down onto the ground with a heavy thud, his arm leaning up against the rail posts. His body only moved some, but his hand clenched enough to pull the trigger, putting a bullet into the porch roof and knocking his arm back. His forearm and hand hung in a very awkward position as he lied still, still clenching the pistol.

Inside, Rae's attempt at calming the man didn't seem to work. His expression didn't change, and his hand remained in his pocket (though the latter was probably something he couldn't help).
When Rae took her hands off of him to try and tend to his wounds, blood seemed to flow out of his chest with compensation. The man was already very pale, but things seemed to get worse for him as his head started to lie to the side, staring off.

-
ooc:
@Glyph: I mildly controlled Rae, hopefully it doesn't make her seem incompetent (basically, a matched failure was rolled, so something bad had to happen).

@Sunfish: I still need to figure out how to work out multiple shots from dual wield and from splitting your skill.
This time around, you succeeded at the first shot, but were over your dual wield skill.

I don't think I said anything about a porch in the beginning (or even visualized one), but I think it added to the scene.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 am

OOC: Why is it that I keep getting FUCKED.

Rae spouted obscenities under her breath and renewed her efforts to help the worsening condition of the man.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Ted did a quick scan of the area outside before heading back inside.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Ray stayed outside and went to Pete. "Hey, you okay? Not hit, are ya?" He was glancing around, making sure the threat was gone before letting his guard down.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: I don't recall Rae having particularly bad luck (or really any bad luck).

@Sunfish: I don't suppose you checked your private messages?

-

The dying man let out a cough and gasp, a hopeful sign that his life was still savable.
Except it turned out to be a sick joke from fate. The man stopped all movement, including the pumping of his heart.
The fact that the man defecated became more apparent as the smell began to permeate.

"I ain't hit." Pete said as he caught his breath, semi-relaxing into his seat.

Before the conversation could be continued, Ted caught a glimpse of someone holding a gun at Raymond and Pete. He let out a warning call, prompting both to take cover.

Raymond was either too slow or too big though, because the soon discharged bullet found its mark in his side.
It was only a glancing impact in his ribs, softened by his protective vest, but it was still going to leave a hell of a bruise.

The responsible person, who turned out to be Sugartits, immediately started running away.

-
ooc:
@Glyph: Okay, now you can complain about bad luck.
You rolled a 63. Flip flop that into a 36. 1 above your first aid skill.
It was sort of a lost cause anyway, but I decided to throw in that "close but no cigar" because of how close it was.
The poop was somewhat for realistic effect, but also just add to the aggravation.
;-)
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

ooc: I had read that, but wasn't sure what to do about it. Now I understood why you mentioned it.

Ted immediately began chasing after sugartits and would take a shot as soon as the opportunity presented itself.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

OOC: Various obscenities.

Rae sat and stared for a moment, not breathing. She had to keep herself from crying. Or breaking something. The frustration of having failed was hard to control. She slowly let out a long, stuttering breath, wiped the blood on her hands onto her clothes, and stood up. She turned to the bartender and cleared her throat. "I believe you have some information."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:29 pm

ooc:
If we were using the UA system fully, this would be a nice moment for stress checks.

Botting Fluffy again.

-

Pete and Raymond both took haphazard shots at Sugartits as he ran off, only succeeding in motivating his escape.
Pursuing, Ted took his shot when they came into an opening. Running and gunning wasn't the best combination though, and the bullet flew off into the distance. Luckily it didn't hit anything else.
The two runners were a good few meters apart from one another, and currently were maintaining that distance.

The bartender didn't respond, in a similar state as Rae. He held his shotgun at the two men and stared at them with uncertain eyes, quivering with his finger touching the trigger.
The two men were at least nervous with the situation. The fact that they had traded blood for lead in their bodies wasn't helping. Their clothes were dampened red, but they didn't seem at risk of bleeding out.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Ted continued in his endeavors to catch the man, shooting if he's unable to make significant ground or going in for a physical confrontation if he is able to.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:41 am

Rae sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Her patience with... everything was waning. "Mr..." she grasped mentally for the name of the bartender. If he had mentioned it before, she couldn't remember. "Mr. Barkeep, I need you to answer my question. Every minute we spend standing here is another minute that an innocent person could be chopped up into pieces and sent home in a box."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:13 pm

ooc:
Botting Fluffy.

-

"Get in!" Pete said to Raymond as he switched the truck into drive and rolled up the window most of the way.
Raymond had to go around to the tail of the truck to step up and climb in, delaying their joining of the chase.

When Sugartits rounded the corner of a building, he almost ran into when looked like some kind of animal pen (fence).
Ted went around the pen a little more elegantly, closing the distance some. Sugartits still had a good amount of breathing room though (a good few meters).
Running and gunning still didn't work out, but Ted managed to keep from damaging anything else.
The two were barely within shouting distance of the bar now (where the shouting would be hard to understand).

Rae wasn't getting through to the bartender. His tunnel vision seemed to be on the two men.

"We ain't gonna do nothin'..." One of the men (the less injured one) said calmingly to the bartender, having similar interests to Rae. And similar results.
Still facing the bartender but looking at Rae, he said, "Can y' get that out'a 'is hands....? Doesn't seem stable, an' ya got no reason t' kill m-, us..."

-
ooc:
@Glyph: You were 1 away from a matched failure (which would have been very bad).

To kind of set the scene for the chase, the buildings are all spaced out and dot the area, so there's a lot of open space between them (like large roads). The open space is mostly dirt.
People would be around, but being cautious.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Rae stepped in front of the bartender, to try and break his unflinching focus on the two assailants. "Calm down. Everything around here is going to go back to normal the sooner you tell me what I need to know."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 pm

"I'm gonna sock him a good one." Ted muttered under his breath as he continued his chase.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Passing a building closely neighboring the previous, several steel drum barrels were standing up neatly next to one another.
Sugartits went around them, where as Ted deftly jumped onto the barrel tops, ran across them and then off, drastically shortening the distance between the two. He was so close now he could smell the alcohol on Sugartits.

Pete got the car moving quickly, jostling its contents in the trunk (including Raymond with his bruises). He turned around one corner and followed the dust trail left behind by the two. Rounding the next corner, he wasn't as tight as he could have been, costing him some. Ted and Sugartits were within view though, and the truck would catch up momentarily.

~

The bartender finally snapped out of it, lowering the shotgun and sitting down on a stool behind him. He put his head in one hand, rubbing his hair, and put the shotgun on the counter, still holding it by the handle, finger close to but outside of the guard.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Rae stood and waited to see if the man would say anything.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next