The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 20 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Blaster427 Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Edo nodded, though wasn't exactly 'pleased' about Jordan joining. "Yeah, nya." Edo said. "I can't really help with much, nya, but I can sure provide some help with hunts, nya." It was apparent that Edo wished there was somehing he could help with. "That Blue Kut-Ku also needs to be taken care of, nya, to protect the city incase it comes again, nya."
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:46 pm

"It's good business for them, nya." Jordan said regarding sympathy for the inn keepers.
"They'll send people to other inns if they have to. People might rent out their homes as well." David said after.

"I wonder where that blue wyvern could be. There's some small towns not far too from here, nya."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Cyra looked to David with worry in her eyes at Jordan's comment.

"You don't think those towns are in any danger from the Kut-Ku do you?" She asks him.

The thought of anymore people getting hurt makes her stomach turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Edo had a look of worry and anger when Jordan said what he did. "I say we go after it as soon as we can, nya. We can't risk the other towns, nya." Edo said. Looking at David, "Do you know where it was last spotted, nya?"
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm

David shook his head, being in the same knowledge boat as everyone else from out of town. "The guild would have notified us if they knew anything, and they'll let us know when they do find out something."
"The balloon being out of the air is rather troublesome, nya. I think it'll take at least a few days to get it back up." Jordan added, expression unchanged.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:23 pm

ooc: I'm just curious if I should be doing anything, or if sleeping is fine for now.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:26 pm

ooc:
Sleeping is fine, if that's what you want to do.
I was worried I was screwing you over.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 pm

ooc: Pretty sure I had mentioned something about sleep.. Anyways, feel free to force my character up or something if somethings going to happen.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:12 am

"You are right, the guild will let us know." Crya say to David, choosing to ignore Jordan's less than optimistic out look on things, and there were balloons in the air, they worked with them when they swept the city. Surely they would see if something was amiss somewhere.

She was still worried about the situation though, but there was nothing to do but wait for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 am

Edo glard at Jordan. He'd skewer the cat, but he knew better. "You're right, nya. 'm sure they'll of found something in the morning, nya." Edo said, keeping his glare on Jordan. He wondered where he got the weedfish from.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 pm

ooc:
To clarify, Jordan was referring to the observation balloon that's currently in the warehouse's roof.
It would have better equipment for seeing long distances. In particular, one massive telescope (that's probably destroyed from falling). It also flies at higher altitudes, giving it better oversight. (The little airships would be blown around too much at such heights, because wind gets stronger as you go higher.)
Granted, a lot of the equipment (telescopes) probably could be used as a temporary solution. I hadn't thought of that.

-

Jordan seemed to be eating from a ration can. Probably from Rulbo, based on what he said and where Weedfish were most commonly caught.
At least that was the simplest conclusion. There would likely be a town stamp on the bottom of the can, but it was covered the way Jordan was holding it.

"They'll probably find out by a messenger bird saying 'our town is being attacked by a wyvern, help us!' nya. Much like your towns did from Sontruma." Jordan said, continuing to add pessimism. "I doubt the neighboring towns have the fighting power to stand up to something like a Kut Ku, nya."

Most small towns only had a couple of monster hunters, maybe three, and they were usually low rank.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Listening to Jordan was not helping the worry that was building in Crya.

Looking at the Felyne, "Jordan, have you ever heard the saying if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all?" she asks him. "And I surely hope that you got your Weedfish by honest means."

Turning to David, "Do you think that the Kut-Ku would go after a town or just go into the wilderness somewhere. There was so much damage here because the monsters were trapped in the city. I wouldn't think a Kut-Ku would just attack a town, would it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Edo snarled at Jordan. He quickly realized he was drawing his sword, and quickly stopped. "I can't just sit here while other small villages are in danger, nya! I'm heading out first thing in the morning to track it down, nya! Anyone who wants is free to accompany me, nya, but if I have to, I'll go alone, nya!" Edo sounded like he was very serious.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:55 pm

"Nya, so you'd rather me just conceal the harsh truths of the world?" Jordan rebutted. "I'm just telling you how it is, nya."

David was attentive but quiet (presumably to let the conversation between Jordan and Cyra finish).
Tyler seemed confused by Jordan's blunt behavior.

-
ooc:
Sorry that I ignored your guys stuff regarding the BYKK and finding it. I just felt the conversation would be all over the place.

The BYKK (or any monster really) won't be LOOKING for towns, but if it happens to see one, it MIGHT get curious and come on down. Bad stuff would happen from there.
Generally, towns would eliminate large monsters once their within a certain distance of town(s). (That distance is probably several miles at least.)
This is so you're not risking the monster wandering into town.

As for searching after the BYKK, you'll need to at least gather some information. Which direction it left is a good start.
Letting the guild know of your plan would probably be a good idea. They might even help you out (they'd want it dead ASAP as well, and are probably aware of the concerns Jordan is bringing up).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:28 pm

"You don't have to tell me the harsh truths of the world believe me." Cyra says to Jordan recalling the events of the day so far. "I just feel you don't need to call so much attention to the harsh truths as you call them and focus instead on the positive aspects."

"And you have no idea if anyone is even being attacked so there is no purpose in focusing so much on that outcome. We will find and take care of the Kut-ku." Cyra finishes.

"I will help you, Edo. But it is getting late to start tonight and we should go to the guild for information first."
-

ooc: Correct me if I am wrong on the time of day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Edo nodded. "I should inform the guild of my plight first, nya." Edo siad, hopping down and heading towards the guild.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:07 pm

ooc:
It would be about night time, correct. I'm thinking like seven to nine.

Expect some kind of break before next morning (break as in, stop everything, I get my bearings, update things, maybe integrate the UA system, etc.).

-

Jordan let out a short laugh and grinned in one side of his mouth, showing teeth. "Just think of what you might not be doing right now if not for me." He said in a 'last word' kind of way.

Edo went upstairs, which was mostly hallway with doors.
The room "Quest Proposals" seemed promising.

Inside was a standard office. A disheveled man wearing equally messy clothing was sitting at the desk, working away. He seemed to have a lot on his plate.
The man looked up the hunter Felyne. "Hello. What do you need?" He asked, trying to polite but his stress showing through.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:31 pm

"Well, nya, in the morning I will be setting out to go after the Blue Kut-Ku, nya." Edo said. He wasn't exactly what to say, though.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Cyra wasn't going to waste anymore energy on Jordan.

She turns her attention back to David and Tyler. She hasn't a clue what to say at the moment though. The day is catching up with her and she is feeling not only the weight of grief for this town, but worry for any others that might be in danger. Not to mention she is a bit sore as well.

So, she just sits back and tries to relax and enjoy the company of the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:06 am

"... Alright..." The man at the desk said, meshing his fingers together and leaning forward to think. "We were going to arrange a search and destroy group anyway... Give us until morning to get everything and hunters together. It might be afternoon."

~

There was a lull in conversation.
David finished his food. "I'm getting more to eat. Anyone else want anything?" He asked standing up.
"Nya, more fish please."
"I'm all set for now."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:18 am

Having lost her appetite, Cyra answers David, "I am good, Thank you though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:19 am

Edo nodded. He was relieved that they were organizing a search party. Edo left the guild, then went back to his room. He left all his equiment on as he went to sleep, either by leaning against a wall and laying on a bed.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:43 am

Another hunter was in Edo's room, sleeping. He fortunately only had a light snore.

~

"Alright. I'll be back." David went off to the pile of rations, and one of the fires were food was being cooked.

Some hunters were going into the lodging building, presumably turning in for the night.
Others were still joining the cook out gathering, or still conversing with one another.

David eventually returned, having some kind of soup with him. He tossed Jordan a can of fish, which the Melynx began to open with the can opener of his multipurpose pocketknife.

-
ooc:
The multipurpose knife would be a Swiss army knife. I avoided that phrase because its a real world phrase.
I never really described Jordan's attire... I suppose he'd be civilian clothes (I always picture Felyne/Melynx naked really).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

ooc: I always pictured Melynx/Felyne being naked too Poor Jordan, alway being imagined naked.

Edo didn't mind the light snore, and went to sleep by leaning against the wall so he can keep his equipment on.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Cyra sits with David and Tyler for a little bit while he eats.

She realized that she is more tired than she thought and that a good nights sleep would probably be good for her right now.

"I think I will turn in for the night." She says as she gets up.

"Good night to you." She says to her companions.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:35 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: I'm surprised you'd take sympathy on Jordan.

Anyway, I think we'll end things here for now. I'm gonna lock this up and move it into the ended RPG section.
If you have anything you'd like to say, please do so in the sign up thread.

Expect this to be continued at a later date. When exactly that will be, I'm not sure.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20