The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg Empty Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Characters
Spoiler:
Desert Wyvern Egg Desertboat-1
(Continuing where we left off.)

ooc: Alright, Andras said we should probably go on without him. If he manages to join before we get too far, that'll be fine.

So, like most of my RPG's during fights, you can "try" to do most anything, but let me be the one to post the results of your attempt.

For the map, I'm afraid to put an official scale on it. However, it should take a significant amount of time to travel from one point (intersection) to another.
Things probably aren't evenly scaled all over the place either.
We're not just gonna be warping around. Traveling is gonna take time, and we'll run into stuff along the way.

I would assume our characters at least know each other's names (though I totally forget most of them).

~

After a long wagon ride through the deserts, the trio of hunters arrived at the base of a large stone mountainside. Inside the mountainside was a large tunnel leading underground, pitch black only after a few feet in. Inside would be the base camp, and torches would be needed to see ones way.

"Okey dokie, nya." The Felyne said setting down the reigns of the wagon and his whip, and then standing up. "If you can just take those two chests in, nya, that'd be great." He said, pointing to the two chests stored underneath the wagon, one blue with supplies inside, one red for the egg. "You'll find some torches inside, nya." He added, as he unhitched a cage of birds resting nearby him. "Just send these guys back when you're done, nya, and a wagon will be sent for you."

One of the hunter's, Arsen Reiken, took the initiative with the two chests, and pulled out the red one. Given the type of hunter he was, a power house, he was able to carry it alone without much trouble. It wasn't terribly heavy, more large and awkward to hold, but him being a little taller than most helped with that.
The Felyne placed the bird cage on top of the red chest, then went back to his seat, ready to leave the place as soon as the two other hunters got the blue chest out.

"One of you wanna get the torch out of there?" Arsen asked as he shuffled towards the cave entrance, though waiting for the others to lead the way with said torch.

-
ooc: So we're still below (east of) the base camp cave, not yet on the map.
Either of you could probably lift and carry the other chest by yourself, given that your hunters, or drag it even.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 7 times in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by Trey Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 pm

"I got the torches!" yelled Leo as he hurried to get the torch. Leo opens the blue chest and get torch. "Arsen show me were to go and ill light the way. Im am ur humble slave for now. xD" Leo was so exited to go on this quest he coulnt contain himself but then realized it was time to get serious. "Alright Im all set ready when you are Arsen ol boy."

occ: I can post on my psp! xD
(This is 17dragonboy testing out his moderator powers.)
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:53 pm

After the blue chest was pulled out, the Felyne quickly got the wagon going again, leaving the way he came.

As Leo opened the chest, he saw all the supplies neatly organized and stowed inside. There were quite a lot of them, probably making it heavier than the red chest.

On top were the torches, made to light easily with a box of matches right next to them.
A few folded maps were there, with some compasses.
Several canteens of liquid, marked "Hot Drink," "Cool Drink," or "Potion" in big bold letters, though some were blank, probably for water.
A small barrel of water, maybe large enough for a Felyne to fit inside, with a nozzle at its bottom.
A large package of M.R.E.'s, with cheap silverware, pots and pans.
Clothes lines and pins.
Bird food.
And lastly, several thick blankets, of varying texture, some thick for insulation, others soft for comfort.

"Uhhmm..." Arsen wasn't sure how to react to the other hunter's enthusiasm, or about him being his humble slave. Putting it off though, he motioned with his head towards the cave entrance, which was impossible to see any more than a few yards down into. "Just down there."
The birds inside the cage where chirping incessantly, jumping from perch to perch, and littering all over with their poop.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Seeing as we haven't really gone anywhere yet, could I maybe change my character? He hasn't even really been mentioned other than "third other guy".
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

ooc: hav glyphs charates carry the chest lol

"Ok ill go check it out ill explore for a sec to clear the area to come down" said Leo as he moved twords the area Arsen pointed too "If i say clear come but ill probley still be a sec. Anyhow ill be right back..."said Leo as he dissapeared in the darkness with his torch.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:17 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Changing characters is fine.

If anyone else (hopefully Gus) wants to join in last minute, that'll be fine.

-

"It's just down into the base camp." Arsen said, a little confused by Leo's caution. He started to follow after him, but thought of the other hunter, and the other, heavier, chest. "Here, I'll get that one." He said setting down the red chest with the birds on top, then walking back over to the blue chest, and closing its lid. Once it was shut, he grabbed each of the handles on its sides and lifted it up, and started back towards the cave entrance again.

As Leo continued into the tunnel, he saw it went downward, and the temperature dropped rapidly. After a few yards it, it was becoming uncomfortably chilly.
In less than a minute of walking, he reached what was the base camp of the area.

The tunnel opened up into a large open dome shaped area, which was easily large enough for a wyvern to fit inside of.
It was pitch black however, due to being deep underground. However, with his torch Leo could see the area well enough.
There were a few other torch stands around to light the area.
There was the traditional hunter's tent with a cheap but large bed inside, with its roof about a yard below the cave's ceiling.
There was a pile of firewood, and nearby a pile of kindling to get it started.
Lastly, there was a fire pit in the ground. Just above it was a hole in the ceiling, which probably acted as some sort of ventilation for the smoke. Where it went could only be guessed at this point.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Name: Aveket Vekt
Weapon: Large stainless steel climbing picks
Armor: Lightweight steel plates near joints and vitals. Fireproofed animal pelts
Items: flare gun, 3 flares, 2 flash grenades (for flare gun), medicinal herbs, trap equipment, whetstone,
Description: Hit and run focused. Prefers to either ambush, blind, or ensnare the target in a trap before attacking.

Picking up the other chest, Aveket hurried to catch up to his fellow hunters, but mostly to escape the fierce desert heat. The base camp was a much cooler temperature, although a little damp. Setting down the chest opposite the tent, Aveket immediately began organizing his things, making sure that nothing had been forgotten. Seeing that there was a place for everything, and that everything was in its place, he pulled up a log next to the fire place, despite the lack of fire. "When will we be leaving to complete our assignment?", he asked to no one in particular.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm

ooc: Just saying, I would assume that our guys ate some sort of breakfast before they left for the quest.
The wagon trip may have been a few hours, so we might not be hungry now, but it would make sense that we'd want to eat some time during this quest.

By the way, we'll be sleeping in this camp tonight, once the quest is over.

-

"Damn it's chilly." Arsen said walking down the tunnel and into the base camp area, then set the large blue chest down next to the tent. He opened it up right after, and grabbed one of the hot drink canteens, but stopped to think about it.
He'd be going out in the hot desert momentarily.
Aveket's question made him think of lunch though. "I dunno, you guys wanna eat something now, or bring something along that can be eaten later?" He asked the group, holding the hot drink canteen above the chest to drop it in, but not yet releasing it.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Upon departing from the felyne's caravan of sorts, Andras pulled his hood and facial guard down and scratched his chin whilst pondering what the caverns held. Knowing an egg was the primary target, the hunter could not help but wonder what opposition laid in wait.

Collecting several items from the blue chest, the hunter mingled with the others. The cold air was harsh, but refreshing at the same time. "So, fellow hunters. What is it that makes you want to go egg hunting? Surely it isn't just that."

Brandishing a rather crude, albeit modern marvel to the hunters around Minegarde, Andras sported a lance collapsed and essentially holstered on his back, the handle resembled the stock of some of the newer production bowguns, those that use a cylindar to holster their ammunition. The shaft also resembled a barrel of a bowgun. Connected to this barrel was a withdrawn bayonette. Looking similar to the guild's prototype lance, that which housed a similar "firing" mechanism, this held a more rugged design, and sported a much smaller, yet solid shield for further portabilty.

"I hope to come out of here with something to add to the design of this gunlance, personally."

OoC: Playing Andras as usual. Just not the TCoR one. My bad for taking so damned long to post.

Andras
Ioprey Blade Set
Carrying Steel Gunlance.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:34 am

"Sorry im so exited its just been so long sence ive been on a quest, but im foced...Nice gunlance Andra! anyhow (lol) im pretty hungry we can get food and bring it back here cause it feels like a walk in freezer. We can keep the left overs if we have any and warm them up on the fire. But thats my just me im game for anything." said Leo "Oh and to awnser ur question Andras this is my first quest in 3months and what better way to restart going on quest again, than by going a short and simple quest."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

ooc: I imagined the purpose of this quest being something along the lines of getting the wyvern egg for medicinal purposes. It might not be a life or death matter for some person, but more to restock supplies.
Also, getting multiple wyvern eggs would be good.

We now have the three original 'Prey armor sets.

I assume Leo lit each of the torches in the camp.

-

"There wasn't any big game, so this seemed like the best way to pay the bills." Arsen said to answer Andras' question, dropping the hot drink canteen into the chest, then grabbing some of the M.R.E.'s from inside. "We got rations here, not sure what's good on the go though." He then said looking at each of the rations, turning towards the other hunters.

One of the packets had some fish, and another had nuts, both of which he set aside to potentially be taken for the trip. The others were things that required boiled water, like soup mix, rice, or noodles. Those where just what he happened to take out.
"You guys wanna kill something along the way, cook it and eat it?" He asked as an offered idea, and then another idea hit him, making him chuckle to himself. "Or we could cook a wyvern egg, hehheh, though, I doubt that'd go well."

-
ooc: To debunk my own idea of scrambled wyvern eggs, the Rathian might drop in on us. The less time spent around the nest the better.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:22 pm

OOC: Scrambling a wyvern egg would depend on several factors:
a) Do you mean cooking it on site? Like in the games?
b) Do wyverns (Rathians in particular) have a decent sense of smell? Would they be provoked if they smelt cooking eggs? Would they even be able to tell what it is, or would it just smell like a meal?
c) You said that this base camp is "secured". What exactly would that entail?
d) Experimenting with wyvern eggs could be risky. If we are going to cook and eat one, it should be done within a short distance of civilization, due to possible unknown side effects. (How are eggs used exactly for medicinal purposes anyways?)

Answering Arsen's question with a question, Aveket said: "How far away is the nest? If its only a short distance, we could eat something once we get back. Also, does anyone have any experience with this sort of wyvern? Would it be awake at this time?"

OOC: I know that even if it were only a short distance from the base camp, it would take quite a while due to unforseen events/encounters. But without the advantages that omniscience carries, no one could know what is going to happen.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:49 pm

ooc:
Cooking it onsite was what I was going for, but we could cook it just about anywhere.

I'd say Rathian could track our scent if she picked it up, though she'd have to go about it on foot. As for cooked eggs, it would just process as some cooked meat to her, not as her children being roasted. She might go for it, if she was hungry.

The camp is underground, first off, so things can't fly in. The exit into the quest area is another small tunnel, so big monsters can't get in. There's a thick door there as well, so little monsters can't get in. (I should have said something about the entrance having a gate (though there's a lot of little things I should have added).)

We'll just say that wyvern eggs are edible, just like chicken eggs (tests and such would have already been done in the past).
I don't know how eggs are used for medicinal purposes. In game that was a reason for egg gathering I think, so I'm just going with it.

-

"Ehm, no clue." Artemis said putting away the rations that weren't good on the go. He then took out one of the maps, unfolded it, and took a look at it (first post). "... Yeah, I dunno, nor anything about Rathians."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Meanwhile while that coversations was going on Leo waked around and found a tunnel that he didnt see on the map. "I think i here a river...Should i go alone?...I dont know..." Leo stared at the tunnel for a sec. "He guys look at this!!" yelled Leo to his fellow hunters. "I Dont Know were it goes but it goes somewere...wanna check it out? or do it after we eat cause this tunnel isnt going anywere. >:P"

occ: a secret tunnel y not!! just to keep things more intresting...:D
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 am

Hey guys its Kut-Ku Bane,
Great to see you all again. Wasn't sure what happened with the old forum. I haven't read all of the posts in this RP yet but I was hoping I could join in at some point.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:22 am

OoC: I don't think it will be a problem bud, but we'll see what db has to say prior to making any decissions. It's his rp after all.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

occ: ill be out all day db control Leo 4 me ty. problay be back around 11pm ish oh and the same 4 tomarrow also! ttyl
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 am

@Kut Ku: You're more than welcome to join. The more the merrier.
What I need to know is:
Name:
Armor:
Weapon(s):
Significant Item(s): (If any. Things like flash bombs, or traps.)
Hunter style:

We're low rank hunters, so things under Yian Kut Ku for equipment.

Gus will be joining us too, hopefully (he said Sunday).

@SRK: I have to nerf the secret tunnel idea, sorry.
Let me be the one to decide stuff like that.

By the way, the exit tunnel would be clearly visible to everyone. It's direction opposite of the tunnel we came in from.
There's no light coming in from there though.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:04 pm

OOC: With 5-6 people, we could probably kill this Rathian, even with our current equipment.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 pm

ooc: Potentially, but I would make it an objective of mine to kill people.

I added a list of the characters into the first post of this thread. It's inside a spoiler, just click it to open it.

@YKK Slayer: By the way, you'll want to read all the posts in the thread at some point.
There's not a lot of them, but there's some important details.

Let's try to get back to role playing though.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 pm

OOC: Name: Jati
Armor: Ioprey armor (if it's above kut-ku then velocoprey)
Weapon: Snake Bite (Poisoned sword and shield if memory serves)
Special Items: potions (3), rations(3), wyvern calls(rathalose, rathian, and kut-ku), smoke bombs(4), camouflaged
cloak, and scent masking fluid(small amount)
Hunter: Jati is a patient hunter. He does not look for instant gratification or the easy way. He hunts both men and monsters with determination but also with caution. He likes the excitement of the hunt and is not quick to end it. He is an assassin.

Jati walked into the dark and damp cave and let his eyes adjust to the dim light. Inside were five hunters discussing their plans for the hunt. He walked in further and cleared his throat, "Hmm excuse me hunters, but I heard that a few of you were going to try and take a wyvern egg." They all turned around and reached for their weapons. Jati raised his hands to show he was unarmed and smiled. "I was hoping I could join you."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 pm

ooc:
The character himself checks out alright. Good call on the scent covering fluid.
I'll add him to the list.
Just for the record, we now have two Ioprey armor people.

However, it is just going to be assumed that your guy joined this quest like all the others.
The same will be assumed for anyone else that joins last minute (like Andras). :-( We're just kind of editing things a little.

The only other thing is, it's best not to control other people's characters (the reaching for weapons thing). It's kind of a rule.

You're on the right track though, for sure.

-

"So you guys wanna cook up something now and eat, or just kill something along the way and eat that?" Arsen asked to the group in general.

-
ooc: Just kind of refreshing what's going on.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:27 pm

OOC: Ok glad my gear checks out ok. I just thought that describing actions like that would be ok. Because they really didn't affect anything or anyone. But it won't happen again :D. Also I was wondering are you going to do the thing Gylph did in his RP with the picking a number to decide the outcome of things? I thought that was a pretty good idea.

-
"I saw a pack of genprey to the west as I overlooked the desert. We could track them down, get some practice, and food at the same time." Jati suggested from his seat by the fire. He withdrew a whetstone from his pack and began sharpening his blade. The rasping of the metal filled the cave and gave it an eerie echo as the flames from the fire plastered its walls with the hunter's shadows.

ooc: oh ya forgot to add whetstones to the list and binoculars.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:36 pm

ooc:
I'm not gonna bother with the number system, though I did enjoy it.
This'll be completely free form.
How it works is, you can post whatever you want your character to try and do.
I'll then post the results.

You're gonna hate me for nit picking, but let me be the one to say what any monsters are doing.
Also things like time, scenery, etc. That's stuff for the mod to do really.
We haven't even see the quest area yet anyway. There's a mountain in the way (which we're underneath now).
Again, sorry to nit pick.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:06 pm

ooc: Hey no problem dragonboy. I get carried away with stuff like this
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm

occ: ok db ur rp ur rules no tunnel then

"Ok, Im beyond hungry lets go were burning daylight. Arsen im fallowing you. are we all going together or spliting up into groups?"
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

ooc: It should be said, we pretty much have an infinite amount of time to do this. We could even take three days.
Not to say we need to though.
I'm tempted to start a time thing, were like every page means an hour has passed. I probably won't do that though.

By the way, there are signal flares inside of the supply box. Simple as point the tube and pull the string.
I don't want to say how many of each color there are, but there would be some red, to signal danger.

I'm not sure if Gus is going to join us anymore. Gonna continue on as if he isn't.

-

"Well, considering we've only got, five people, I dunno how safe splitting up would be." Arsen put into consideration, though still open for opinions.
He started collecting supplies from the blue chest, including canteens of all three types (water, hot drink, cool drink), some bags of nuts, a torch, some matches, and some signal flares.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Jati got up from his seat an walked over to the blue chest. He also began to take supplies for himself: 2 more potions, 3 cool drinks, 1 hot drink, and a red flare. "I say we stick together for now. Just in case we run into the rathian." He continued packing supplies into his back pack. "Speaking of which--hey Arsen do we have a plan if she does find us?" Jati finished packing and stood to face the small feline.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm

ooc: The Felyne (wagon driver) who brought us here already left.
No one here is a Felyne (check the spoiler in the first post to see who's wearing what and stuff).

-

"Uh... Get away from it as soon as possible." Arsen said as he took one of the maps again, and looked it over a little more thoroughly. "Might help to have some kind of an escape route while we travel, seeing as we can't really outrun a wyvern."

-
ooc: To put things into some perspective:
As said, none of us can just outrun a wyvern. It would catch up eventually.
However, we would be able to out maneuver a wyvern some, as in dodge its charges. For some that might be harder than for others (myself and Andras would have to put a lot of effort into evading (Andras would probably have to drop his weapon)).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 pm

ooc: Sorry I kinda skimmed the beginning stuff. Just for the record Jati is more agile and stealthy than strong and tough; as most assassins tend to be.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next