The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 3 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm

ooc:
@Gemneroth: I assume you read everything before you joined.
We'll just assume you were with us the whole time. I'm not a fan of the "you happen to meet this hunter here" approach.
I'm gonna decline the hawk, sorry.

-

The Cephalos reared back its head while making a sucking noise, and in reaction Aveket hit the safety of his flare gun and fired the loaded flare at the monster.
The flare flew out and smacked into the Cephalos' chin, but then just fell to the sand and continued to burn and shine. It only delayed the Cephalos' attack by a moment, by confusion maybe, as it soon snapped its head forward and spat out a hunk of sand at Aveket.
Having been watching, Aveket saw the attack coming and managed to haphazardly leap away, letting the sand splatter against the ground behind him.

Arsen stood back up and surveyed the area, trying to locate each of the Cephalos. He saw the two still circling around the group, and two more inside the circle, one wounded by him and Jati, and after a little more searching he saw the final Cephalos swimming away from the circle.

He decided to focus on the one that had attacked him, to finish it off. He saw that Jati had run its neck through and must have hit the artery, but he didn't have any intention of just letting the monster bleed out.
He held his sword behind him as he approached the thrashing monster, going up to where he intended to strike; its neck. Like splitting wood then, in one fluent motion he brought his sword high over his head, then down hard on the Cephalos' neck. He felt the blade of his sword pass through the monster' spin, and at that instant the Cephalos ceased all movement.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Is it to Late to join? though i would make a character with portable 3rd armor if that was ok

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:07 pm

@Spawn: I'll repeat what I said to Gemneroth for joining the RPG (through PM).

"First, just read up on what's happened (basically read the whole forum).
It shouldn't be too much.

Second, post your character details somewhere. You could just post them in the RPG forum, or private message them to me.
In the first post of the RPG, there is a spoiler at the top. Inside the spoiler is a list of the character data.
Model your character data off that. Know that we're using low rank equipment (below YKK).

If you post in the forum, just say "I got DB's permission," so there's no confusion.
Once all that is done, you'll be good to join.
We'll just say you were with us the whole time, and are currently with our group."
I'm fine with MHP3 equipment, so low as it is very low rank.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Aizen Starfall
Aoashira Armor
Aoashira Polearm(LS)
Items:Sonic bombs x4, Potion x4(think Caprisun), Jerky x4 pouches(4 in a pouch acts as well done steak), Sand Colored Cloak (think like a snipers drab), scent masking fluid.
Style: Bezerker(more he fights the more deadly he get, like noticeing weak points and flaws).

If you want pics of the armor and weapon i can post some.

edit: adding Storyline

Haveing been a few hundred yards away from the rest of the group with his Robe on concealing his presance. Whatching the Cephalos circle the party he suddently feels the sand beneathing him shifting.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 am

ooc: That's fine about the hawk.
Also, i meant Iron belt >.< Totalling 15defence
I just did piscine livers in this amour with this weapon on my Vlad save ^_^ hehe
-

Vlad steadied his heart and kept his breathing steady after having watched a Cephalos slaughtered.
He swung his HBG off his back hoping no one had seen his inactivity during the battle so far. He loaded a crag shot and fired at the nearest Ceph fin cutting through the ground allowed for movement, wind and gravity.
Spoiler:

Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:26 am

ooc:
Just to quickly describe how this RPG works:
I'm the one who introduces the monsters, and am the one who says what they do.
I also control the environment, like what's where, etc.
You control your character, and say what he tries to do.
You can basically "try" to do anything, but the actual result could be different. I am the one who posts the results of stuff.

Andras might help me with mod-duty at some point or another.

@Spawn: That said, the whole rumbling thing is gonna be nixed.

-

Vlad's unveiling and loading of his heavy bowgun went uninterrupted, and the only thing that transpired during that time was that the two Cephalos making the circle continued along their route.
Aiming at the high speed sand wyvern was a difficult task, especially with the slow heavy weapon, but he took the shot none the less.
His aim was rather good given the circumstances, and the bullet lodged itself into the back of the Cephalos a few inches behind its dorsal fin.

A moment later the explosive bullet detonated, and as if crashing into something the Cephalos slammed to a halt in the sand.

Meanwhile, Arsen lifted his sword out the dead Cephalos' neck, now stained with blood, and again surveyed the area to grasp what was going on.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:30 am

ooc:
17dragonboy wrote:ooc:
Just to quickly describe how this RPG works:
I'm the one who introduces the monsters, and am the one who says what they do.
I also control the environment, like what's where, etc.
You control your character, and say what he tries to do.
You can basically "try" to do anything, but the actual result could be different. I am the one who posts the results of stuff.

Andras might help me with mod-duty at some point or another.

@Spawn: That said, the whole rumbling thing is gonna be nixed.

-

Aizen's unveiling and loading of his heavy bowgun ....

Did i do something wrong?? And Aizen?... Its Vlad with the hbg x
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 am

ooc:
Edited. Thanks for pointing that out.

You didn't really do anything wrong. I just wanted to make sure the rules were known.
This is how people learn anyway; by making mistakes. I've seen a lot worse mistakes, some done myself. :-P
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 am

occ: um hum i was on a basketball roadtrip and idk wut was going on nd i would be da first one to get hit huh DB xD

Leo gets up slow. "Did anyone get the plates on dat truck dat hit me...dam that hurt" say Leo as he trys to shake it off."No worrys guys im ok thanks for the askin I apprecate it..." Then he looks for the one that hit him and see's a random one and run after it and trys to attack it"I gonna kill u!"
Spoiler: IF he land the attack he will cut its back pretty well. If he misses he "eats" sand.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 am

OOC: ok i will try a different introduction

Standing up on a nearby dune. shakeing the sand off of him that had collected on the robe as he watched the rest of the party. "well it looks like i should join them" Aizen says as he slides his Polearm off his back and out of its sheath. Watching the sandtrails Aizen takes aim ahead of one and Javelin throws his polearm with all his might. "Hopefully i aimed that right."

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:15 am

Because Vlad had stopped the second Cephalos in the circle, Leo was able to run out of the circle uninterrupted and chase after the Cephalos that had attacked him.
By now it had swam considerably far away, but as Leo came after it it turned around, and then was headed straight for him.
(ooc: Hint: Take a guess as to what it's going to do.)

Leo's pursuit of the Cephalos caught Arsen's attention, which led him to notice the Cephalos grounded by the crag shot. After another quick look around he ran after the monster before it started moving again, sword pointed low and ready to run it through.
The attack connected, and Arsen's blade penetrated deep into the monster's side, forcing it to scream out in pain. The Cephalos tried to rebel by thrashing around and trying to dislodge the blade, though it only made the wound worse. Arsen's strength and weight were enough to hold everything in place as well, though he was stuck as long as he kept the sword inside the Cephalos.

With Aizen's toss of his pole arm, a lot of factors were going against him. First, the Cephalos was moving at high speed, and second, in a circular path. Lastly, the weapon's size made it slow to travel through the air, so despite Aizen's aiming ahead, the thrown weapon fell short of the Cephalos.
However, it wasn't hard for Aizen to simply retrieve his weapon afterward.

The Cephalos then slowed down and burrowed underground.

Now there was one dead Cephalos.
Another was facing off with Aveket.
One more was being held to the ground by Arsen's sword.
Another was far away from the circle, headed straight for Leo.
The final one just burrowed underground.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:16 am

Vlad spied the surfaced Cephalos confronting Aveket. It was too far to do any significant damage with normal rounds and too close to Aveket for a safe Clust shot. Instead Vlad had a rummage in his hip bag for some pierce shots. Eventually he found them by a searing pain in the back of his hand. He licked the gash clean before dropping the magazine from his gun and pushing in a few of the tough rounds. As ever he struggled with inserting the thing back onto his gun, but after some seconds of trying he heard the click.
Twisting the dial on his scope, he zoomed in on the Cephalos and offloaded the 3 rounds, smiling at the familiar shove of recoil on his shoulder.
Spoiler:
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Andras holstered his lance in an effort to more quickly make it to Leo’s side as the Cephalos neared. In a quick series of steps, he drew the lance again, letting it snap to full length and slammed the bladed edge downward into the sand, the barrel not yet submersed.

“Cover your eyes, Leo!”

As the Cephalos neared, Andras watched it’s dorsal fin weave to the left and right and waited for the opportune time to fire, quickly covering his front with the shield he discharged the shellings all at once into the sand.

Spoiler:
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:58 pm

"Oh shi..." say Leo as he jumps and faceplants to get out of Andras way. "I really need to use my brain dammit...BLOW THAT CEPHALOS TO KINGDOM COME ANDRAS!!!"
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Running up and retrieveing his Pole arm he readies himself. "where did you go" looking around for the cephalos "i know your here somewhere." reaching into his bag for some jearky he feels a small orb. "Wait a minunte i've got a way to get you out" Turning to the rest of the group "COVER YOUR EARS" Aizen yells as he squeezes the orb breaking the seal and throws the orb strait up for maximum range.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:29 pm

The Cephalos Andras planned to blow away did the worst thing possible for him, which was jump up from the sand and fly at him.
The gun lance shotgun attack didn't work, and wasted his ammo to boot, and the Cephalos blew through him like a bull, and landed back in the sand a few yards past.
Andras was knocked completely off his feet, and his armor only did so much to protect him from the head of collision. He'd be feeling the pain in his chest for awhile.

The shots fired by Vlad struck the Cephalos randomly, one to the thigh, another near the stomach, and the last down its back.
It flinched in pain, and consequently Hector moved closer to Aveket, though it might not have been for the better, as now they could each be targeted with a single attack.
After a brief recovery the Cephalos dove at the two hunters, using its sheer weight to attack them.
Because of his lighter weapon and readiness, Aveket was able to avoid the attack easily.
Vlad on the other hand, with his larger weapon, could only do so much to evade. He ended up getting smacked with the Cephalos fin and shoulder, enough to knock him down on his butt.

Aizen then announced his sonic bomb, or at least heavily suggested one. Arsen groaned at this, as both his arms were occupied with holding down another one of the Cephalos by his sword. He braced for it though, as if he were about to be hit.

The sonic bomb detonated high in the air, and each of the Cephalos reacted in some way.
The one being held down by Arsen let out a squawk, and its struggling seized for a moment as if it were having a seizure.
The one that just attacked Hector and Aveket was interrupted from burrowing into the sand, and started shaking erratically with its head still covered.
The one that just barreled through Andras seemed to crash into something under the sand, and likewise started shaking.
Lastly, the one that had burrowed underground swam up to the sand and poked most of its neck out, like a man gasping for air after surfacing from the water.

Arsen was lucky enough to have been facing away from the bomb, so his helmet did a fairly good job of blocking out the sharp noise.
He took advantage of the situation and removed his sword from the Cephalos. He then aimed for where the monster's heart might be, or its lungs if he weren't to be lucky. After some guesstimating and aiming, he thrust his sword down at the Cephalos, piercing only a few inches into its flesh. He then had to put his weight onto the sword, to keep pushing it in.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:03 pm

As the recoil from the blast struck the hunter, he was sent flying from his foothold by the piscine launching itself from the sand, forcing his lance from his hands. Flipping over backwards hard from the impact, Andras managed to catch himself in the sand quick enough to avoid rolling, the sand pressed hard beneath his greaves and gauntlets. As he came to a halt, he clenched his teeth due to the searing pain in his chest. A bit startled by several drops of blood dripping from his mouth, the angered hunter struck the ground with his open gauntlet.

Only a few moments passed as the sonic bomb burst aloud. Andras cursed as it echoed through his head prior to forcing himself upright. Groaning through the pain, he staggered forward and collected his smoking lance from the ground, quick to take a defensive state. Shaking the lance free of sand, he slammed the stock against the ground, ejecting the spent casings, and replaced them with live ones. Raising the stock from the ground, the lance again snapped into full length.

“Leo!” The hunter barked whilst recovering. “Are you good?”

Spoiler:
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 pm

The blast made Leo fly a couple yards off. "Im...im ok..i think..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Seeing that the others had the cephalose above ground handled, Jati began to scan the surface of the dunes for signs of the other. At the same time he withdrew a sonic bomb from his pack, ready to throw it at a moments notice.

Spoiler:

OOC: Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting Ive been preparing for a big trip. That being said I will also be afk for about 10 days probably so if dragonboy or someone else could take control of my character that would be great.

PS. Sorry if I pulled that sonic bomb out of my ass I couldn't remember exactly what I had.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Seeing the Cephalos gasping for air Aizen ran at him with his pole arm in one arm braced across his back(think LuBu). "Told you i would find you" Upon reaching the cephalos Aizen Thrusts the polearm forward with both hands, aiming right for the creatures jugular and wind pipe.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 am

ooc: who is Hector =.='
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:16 pm

@Gemnroth: Sorry about that. I don't know why I can't get your character's name down.
Hector was meant to be Vlad, and I edited accordingly.

@YKK: Don't worry about being away. Your character will just be assumed to tag along.
Someone just set off a sonic bomb though.
Also your character details are inside a spoiler in the first post. Just look there to see what you have.
You didn't have any sonic bombs though, so I gotta nix it.

-

Aizen hit the half buried Cephalos with such force that the tip of his weapon jutted out the other side of its neck. Oddly enough though the attack didn't kill it instantly, as it struck the monster through the side of its neck, probably hitting the artery rather than the jugular.
It would bleed out into unconsciousness momentarily, and die soon after, but for now it was still thrashing about and starting to surface.

Arsen continued to push his sword deeper and deeper into the Cephalos, but the monster continued to screech and struggle. He must have missed the lungs and heart, so he had to start wriggling around the blade, using his strength and weigh to do so. He felt sorry for the Cephalos and about the painful death he was putting upon it, but hoped it would be over soon.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:53 am

Seeing all the blood rushing out of the creature from where the blade went through, Aizen twists his torso and slices the blade out of the creatures neck. "Requiescat in Pace" He says as he turns back to the group and looks at the other cephalos. "Whos next" he says under his breath as he turned to the group and ran to assist Andras.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:51 am

ooc: thanks DB
Also, can someone control Vlad for today? It's ma birthday so I won't be checking the RPG anymore today

Thanks
x
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:59 am

ooc: Guess I didn't miss much....
Wow, Rapidcaster is overpowered. Just unlocked Nekhot just using the equipment I'm using on here... I guess it's balanced on here though...

-

Vlad fought with his weighty Bowgun as the Cephalos moved back after its attack. Finally able to move, Vlad rolled onto his front, still winded and red in the face, breathing hard. He watched as a perfect orb of red fell from his chin and stained the sand. He wiped his face with the back of his hand but the blood still came, trickling up from under his shirt where the rough Cephalos hide had connected with his bare skin. A gouge was visible, just under the hem of his once-white top.
The sounds of battle at last replaced the blood beating in his ears. "Bandage! I need a bandage!" he shouted for anyone to hear.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gemneroth on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Arsen continued wriggling his blade inside of the Cephalos, still having yet to put it out of its misery. He must have been stuck between some of its ribs, because he could feel them grasping the blade of his sword. They were giving way though, cracking and breaking as he applied more leverage, until finally one snapped and his sword tore through the Cephalos' innards, finishing it off finally.
Once the task was done, he withdrew his sword from its body and ducked low, surveying the area once more.

There was the Cephalos lying on the ground just past Vlad and Aveket, and there was the other lying just behind Andras and Leo. Both were stunned by the sonic bomb, though they were beginning to recover, as their erratic shaking was beginning to subside.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemn Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 pm

17dragonboy wrote:There was the Cephalos lying on the ground just past Vlad and Aveket, ...
Woo! You got my name right! ^_^
x
Gemn
Gemn
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Shaking the pain off as best he could, Andras retrieved an herb from his supplies, and gnawed it so as to soothe his insides from the blow. Turning to face the Cephalos once again, he noticed it still writhing around from the sonic bomb’s eruption. Taking advantage of the down time, he advanced on it with his lance drawn, thrusting it forward at the creature a couple of times, ready to fire a shelling off should it make any brash movements.

Spoiler:
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 pm

"So Andra now what?" said leo "Wanna help me kill this Cephalos." Leo Turned around and charged at the cephalos.

Spoiler:
If the attack hits it does a great amouny of dammage to the cephalos
If it misses he and scratches the cephalos.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:45 pm

ooc:
@SRK: What happens and how much damage is done is my job. : P
You'd want to be saying how you'll react if one scenario happens, or if another, etc.

I'm not sure how this style of playing got started, with the ooc: "if this happens..." Lol.

-

The weight of Andras' lance made sure that each jab punched a deep hole into the Cephalos, though only as far as the spearhead would allow. He struck it once in the hip, then again a little off from the first wound.

The monster then got back up on its feet, though nearly fell back over again because of the damage it had sustained.
The one behind Vlad and Aveket got up as well.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next