The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 7 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by Glyph Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 pm

While loading another flare into his pistol, Aveket said, "Unless anyone can think of anything that the flare could be useful for, I'm going to use it. But I also thought of another possible problem. If I remember correctly, the map showed that there were few caves in this area. This one could belong to the rathian, which could mean that she is inside. But maybe apceros are smart enough not to group up outside a wyvern's lair."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm

ooc:
It's unfortunate that all these monster behaviors (in this RPG) are really just what what I think they would, not necessarily what they should be, along with a lot of other stuff.
The question isn't "are the Apceros smart enough-," it's "does the moderator think the Apceros are smart enough-," or even "is the moderator smart enough to have the Apceros-." : P

-

"It can't be helped that she might be at her nest." Arsen said, stuffing the food into his mouth into one of his cheeks to speak coherently. "I don't think we'll be back tracking though, given these Apceros are gonna be all riled up after we pass. We should get some torches lit too, before we go." He suddenly remembered.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 pm

"I say we just make a run for it." Jati said, standing up and stretching. "I should remind everyone that I have a small amount of scent masking fluid. I think it's enough to mask all of us but it would be a one time use. We stink pretty bad after that meal."

OOC: I'm asuming that Dragonboy will decid how long it lasts and such.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:51 pm

ooc:
I'm not very knowledgeable about how smells and scents work, like spreading and masking, or how good animals are at picking them up.

I figure the scent masking fluid would last pretty long though, as long as you don't get smelly again, like eating smelly food or sweating a lot.
I think you'd need a lot to mask multiple people though, more than you have really. We're also pretty smelly, from sweat, food and monster blood. One person could get fully masked though, maybe another. It'd be easier to mask someone without bulky armor than with.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 pm

“I’m at least going to keep my shield at the ready, should one of these things try and make a move. Whatever we’re going to do, we need to do it soon. The longer we dilly dally out here, the more likely something will pick up on the scent of all of our horderves.”

OoC: The Voldemort comment busted me up.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Re-thinking his calculations of how many people he could mask, Jati decided that masking only one or two people would work. It would likely work best with someone with light armor.

OOC: Ok I'll fix that part. I was thinking me and someone else or just me could mask ourselves and sneak ahead and scout out the area. Like you said someone with light armor like mine would be best plus my *chameleose* cloak would help. But I don't know if you want to manage two groups again DB. Still I'll put it out there.

"On second thought it probably would only work for one or two of us." Jati said. "I could take someone else with me and we could scout ahead or I could go it alone. What do you guys think, any volounteers?"
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:54 pm

"You know, a little bit of common courtesy would be appreciated. I'm glad your enjoying the food I prepared, genuinely, but I just cooked this shit in the blazing heat! Jati, you make it seam like my food was shit!" Leo curtly mocked the hunter. "We stink pretty bad after this meal! It's not like much could be done about it now is it? Perhaps I'm overacting but dammit man. At least Avaket referred to it as a feast." Sighing aloud, the hunter caught his breath. "My bad man... I just feel like shit all of a sudden."

Leo was sweating profusely upon ranting. "This goddamned sun is getting to me..." Drinking a bit of a cool drink, the hunter calmed a bit. "We need to get out of this sunlight soon, I feel like I could pass out..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:02 am

Tossing the hunter a canteen filled with water, Andras consoled the seething young man. "You need to calm down before you stroke out on us. The last thing we need is freaking dead weight from a rage induced heat stroke. Everyone is beat from the sun man, I know I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate the cooking, I know mine was quite delicious and I long to finish it off, but we're stuck trying to figure out how to bypass these damn things. Cool down before you pass out on us man. The last thing we need is to haul your unconscious ass back to the base camp to recover."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:22 am

OOC: I sense a disturbance. Massive post clean up and rewrite perhaps.

"Time's wasting away," Aveket said, snapping the barrel of the pistol into place. "I'm going to countdown from five, and then fire," he said, aiming down the sights. The path that would be created by the flare would fly a few feet above the apceros head's, hit the stone wall next to the entrance of the cave, and fall to the ground, sputtering out a few minutes later. Also, it was likely that the sound of the shot would garner some kind of attention. Aveket began counting; "Five, four, three, two..."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:25 am

OoC: Yeah, he requested me to clean it up. Some personal issues had him pissed off, so I fixed it up. Thus, posts were deleted.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Arsen nodded in agreement with what Andras said, appreciating the meal Leo had made. He grabbed another hunk of cooked meat for the trip, then got ready to make the sprint for the cave entrance, trying to decipher the best route through the Apceros.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:12 pm

OOC: Last chance to interject? I don't want to make any mistakes.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:27 pm

OOC:FIRE!!!!!
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 pm

"One...", Aveket said, before slowly squeezing the trigger. The gun kicked back into the palm of his hand, a boom resounded across the inside of the cliff wall, and the flare was sent spiraling throught the air.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: I'm going to assume everyone sprints for the cave entrance.
It dawned on me, looking at the map, that this would be a considerably long run. At least a foot ball field.

-

The flare grew bright the moment it was loudly launched from the gun, and followed the trajectory that Aveket had hoped. It flew over the Apceros' heads and bounced off the wall near the cave entrance, then it fell to the ground and continued to burn brightly.
Just a moment after the flare was launched the group of hunters made their mad dash for the cave entrance.

The gunshot and flare got the Apceros' attention for sure, but, unfortunately, didn't yield quite the reaction the hunters were hoping for. As known, the monsters had a certain stubbornness about them, which led to a level of fearlessness and ill temper. The gunshot and flare apparently only pissed them off, and the hunters' rush was perceived as a charge to attack.

Many of the large herbivores mooed in challenge and to alert the others further, some standing up high on their hinds legs, and others turning around to wave their threatening tails. Some of the adults took the lead and charged the hunters, gaining speed and thus dangerous amounts of momentum.

Arsen's eyes widened some at the ironic turnout of the flare shot, but continued his dash for the cave entrance, still holding his longsword over one shoulder and a piece of meat in the other hand. He steered well clear of any Apceros directly in front of him, and tried to see those further ahead and plan for them as well.

-
ooc:
So, just give me a brief idea of how you're making your way through the herd, or if you don't and decide to turn back.
Remember they're not horribly agile, but their tails are long and dangerous. There's maybe twenty to thirty of them, including young.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

Aveket holstered his pistol, and before you could say; "Fuck my ass with a rake, nothing ever goes as planned.", he was running like a madman. He proceeded at a level slower than a sprint, in case of incoming attack by apceros. He did his best to stay far away from any spiky tails, or anything else that seemed to be a threat.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Knowing the apcerose were known for their slugishness, Jati made a full dead sprint for the cave. He had his sheild raised just in case, but his focus was on speed--not evasion.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 pm

"I guess I should run too..." Leo thought aloud, grabbing his dual blades and dashing towards the cave ahead.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Arsen continued along uninterrupted thus far, due to the amount of effort he put into avoiding the large herbivores, sometimes going completely perpendicular from the cave entrance. That and his heavier equipment made his progress slower though, falling behind a little bit compared to the rest of the group.

Aveket didn't have any trouble either, dodging the passing Apceros and their tails with some room to spare. He was at about the halfway mark of the area.

Jati was a little less fortunate, or a lot rather. Though he did get a considerable distance closer to the cave entrance with his straight dash, maybe a third of the way, it wasn't long before one of the Apceros crossed his path.

The Apceros that did cross his path came at him from an angle, and had gained some speed since the flare gun had been fired. When it collided with Jati, which it did, it wasn't a completely head on collision, but fairly close. It weighed a few thousand pounds and Jati only weighed a few hundred, all things considered, so right after slamming into the massive herbivore Jati was knocked hard to the stone ground. His shield arm hurt like hell as did most of the rest of his body, but the urgency of the situation made it bearable.

The Apceros nearby had yet to approach and attack him, still on the defensive with their tails swinging, however the Apceros that plowed through him like a bull brought itself to a halt, and was turning back to continue its work.

Leo was a few paces behind the downed hunter, approaching both him and the particular Apceros.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm

cursing herbavores everywhere, Jati got to his feet and stumbled. He then picked up his sheild while drawing his sword and continued to run for cover. Though this time he kept on the lookout for any more "annoyances".

ooc: a little side note: I happen to find apcerose to be one of, if not the, most anoying sons of bitches in the game. Blagoas are a close second. If you don't know what that is look it up from monster hunter freedom unite.

Last edited by Kut-Ku Bane on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

OOC: I totally agree. Every fucking monster in that game just loves to be an annoying cunt. I can understand why a wyvern or other beast would fight out of self defense, or to protect their children/territory, but the others? Come on, if a spiky cow saw someone fighting a 20' tall monster with a sword bigger than them, it would just shit itself and run away. But for some reason, they have to attack you, and at the worst of times too. That is why I respect the aptonoth.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 pm

ooc: I know!!! I love the apcerose for their pussyness.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am

ooc:
At least these Apceros minded their own business, until you got them angry. All things considered, they're much bigger than you, and severely outnumber you, so they don't have much reason to be afraid. If the Rathian dropped in though, they would most likely flee.

As you know, Andras is really sick, so I'm going to cover for him in this RPG too.

-

Jati managed to move just before the Apceros plowed him over again from behind, and now that he was trying to avoid the Apceros ahead, rather than ignore them, he continued along without interruption.

Like most of the other hunters, Andras made his run for the cave entrance, but made it a priority to avoid the large herbivores, despite his heavy shield's protection. His progress was comparable to Arsen's, due to his heavier weapon set and travel method.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

OOC: This is Role Player's Guild! 301st post! Also, if there aren't any further interuptions, can we continue on the cave? Or are we waiting Andra?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:27 pm

ooc:
I think we were waiting on Spawn, but he hasn't posted for a whole page so I guess we'll go on without him.
Andras is sick and I don't know when he'll be back, so we'll go on without him too.

Perhaps giving them a little extra time though, I'll continue things along tomorrow, partly/mostly because I don't have the time to do it now.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Occ: so who is playin as Andy? Db or Spawn? Cause i'm lost....
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:34 pm

ooc:
Andras will just be presumed to follow along with the rest of the group, as would any character who's player has gone away.
So as it is now, I believe the only active players are: Myself, S.R.K., Glyph, and YKK Bane.

-

The group of hunters continued their run for the cave entrance, dodging angry Apceros left and right, all eventually reaching their destination, though at different times. Aveket was the first to enter the cave, followed by Jati and Leo, and lastly Arsen.

In that same order, the hunters realized the following: They couldn't see anything inside the pitch black cave, save for the very beginning of the tunnel were the sunlight managed to seep in.
Through their other senses they managed not to crash into each other inside the cramp cave tunnel, but they couldn't safely progress further without light unless they went at a snail's pace by groping every inch they went.

That might not have been an option though, as some of the Apceros were still giving chase, and whether or not they'd follow the hunters into the tunnel was unknown. They could fit though, at least far down enough to harm the hunters.

-
ooc:
So who's got some torches and matches?
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

OOC: Looking back at the character sheet, I realized that I have 3 flares.

Aveket heard the charge of the angry apceros, and regretted firing the flare more with every passing second. "I have one flare left," He said to the group. "I can fire it farther into the cave, but I am not sure as to how far it would go. It's also going to create a huge noise, which would wake up anything in here."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm

"I would think twice about doing that actually." Jati said hastilly. "Your right, it probably would wake whatever is in there up and I'd rather not have to deal with another set of angry beasts. I have a torch." Jati withdrew the object from his pack and held it out, waiting for someone to offer to light it.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

"I got some matches." Arsen said, considerably more nervous than the rest of the hunters. If anyone was going to take the wrath of the Apceros it was going to be him, since he was the last one into the cave.

To free up both hands he set his longsword against the cave wall, unsure of where that actually was, then put the piece of meat in his hands in his mouth, biting into its edge to hold it. He then snapped open one of the item pouches along his tasset, withdrew a small box of matches from it, slid open the cardboard box and took out a match, closed it, and finally struck the match across its rough side. It lit easily with one stroke, and eventually the lit match found its way to Jati's torch.

The torch lit easily as well, and in less than a minute it was burning fully, having been soaked in flammable fluids before. The group could see well enough then to proceed safely at anything more than a crawl. The tunnel was narrow, chilly and had a slight downward incline to it, and seeing beyond a few yards ahead was impossible.

Arsen hurriedly removed his own torch from the side of his tasset, lit it as well then stomped out the match on the ground, having relatively no use for it nor the time to put it away. He returned the piece of meat in his mouth to the hand holding the torch, now holding both items, then reclaimed his longsword from the cave wall. Luckily the Apceros hadn't pursued the hunters down the tunnel, likely not caring about the piece of territory.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next