The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 10 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

OOC:I could go either way on the direction bit. The talking about our plan in OOC is a good idea I think. I say that me and Andras go get the egg. One of us climbs up to get it and passess it down the ledge to the other. I would probably be the one to get it since Andras is stronger and he would be the one to carry it all the way. That's my idea.

"Whatever we do we need to do it fast. From what I've read wyvers like to eat every couple of hours." Jati whispered ergently.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Occ: @Db i like the charater idea. Edited: thanks glyph!

"Hold up Andras. Could I take my armor off and go for a throut shot? Or would it be to risky? Personaly I still think we need 2 eggs. The safer the better and if we deliver 2 that means more pay in return. Its a win/win"

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

OOC: We need two eggs for sure. Fuck walking all the way back. Staying away from deep water and caves is the best course. Also, maybe having a flexible route, in case of cephalos or apceros. Which would be easier to get through? Before they only really became angry after the flare gun shot, so if we kept our distance? Also, killing the Rathian without necessity is a foolish idea. At least one of us won't be wearing any armor, and we've been walking to get here all day. Hiding in the caves to rest and recover is also a possibility, or perhaps to escape danger? I think that a large part of this heist will have to be played by ear.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 pm

ooc:
@Andras: I think you're misinterpreting the map grid. You've got us walking through mountains.
The letters correspond to the line they're closest to. So A corresponds to the topmost line (NOT the top of the map).
Same idea with numbers.

@SRK: I'll be blunt. You will not be able to slit the throat of the Rathian. Something will go wrong.

@Everyone: I'm trying not to suggest any plans of action, since I'm the mod. I'll try to pose questions for consideration though.

So far the plan seems to be:
-Get two eggs, for safety. (Perhaps take a third, and oh well if it breaks? Or is that too much effort to get it down?)
-Andras retrieves the eggs from the nest and hands them down to the others (using YKK's cloak?)
-Go back out the entrance we came in.
-Avoid the cave because of Plesioth, and because Apceros are known to be at one exit, maybe the other.

Something you all will want to plan out is how you will travel. Who will carry the eggs? Will you all stick together, or have people go ahead? Will the egg constantly be in someone's hands, or set down?
Note: You can set the egg down without breaking it. On solid rock you'd want to be careful, less so on sand.

If and when you guys think you've planned out as much as you're going to plan, we can get back to role playing.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Deciding to take the initiative, Jati unravled his cloak and slowly sneaked towards the eggs. "C'mon Andras, its now or never." He turns and waits for the hunter to proceed.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:19 pm

OoC: I'll go with DB's suggestion, I guess I need that cloak for the time being.

"Alright Jati. I'll climb up and use your cloak to lower the eggs down. This should prove to be interesting. It might also be beneficial if we used some of that scent masking fluid, if you have any."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:32 pm

"You wanna gimme yer shield?" Arsen asked Andras, still keeping his voice low. Part of it was for the sake of Andras, with less weight and things to cause noise and get in the way, and part of it was for himself, figuring he was the heaviest hunter and best to guard against the Rathian if needed. Andras probably didn't have any use for it anyway.

-
ooc:
Remember the eggs are up on like a cliff. Gotta climb the cliff first.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:44 pm

A bit hesitant to reply, Andras began to unstrap his shield. "If that freakin' piece of fire wyvern bitch decides to blast me with her trademark flame breath, you better be there to take the hit with that shield." Handing it over to Arsen, he continued with a half cocked grin on his face. "Else I'm coming back to haunt you."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Jati waited for Andras to hand over his sheild before proceeding. He held the cloak in his hand and unraveled most of it. "Actually Andras I should be the one to climb up and get the egg. No offense but I think I'm a little more agile than you are and your stronger than I am so you can carry the egg longer. Also the fluid wont help much because if she wakes up she can still see us."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:40 pm

ooc:
@YKK Bane: Andras already stripped off his armor, so he'd probably be better to go up. He'd be quieter and faster.

Good job at pointing out that issue with the scent masking fluid though. I didn't want to be the one to point it out.

-

Arsen smirked, though it went unseen underneath his face guard. "Heh, I'll try, but don't expect me ta hold 'er back from charging." After taking the shield from Andras, he approached the sleeping wyvern, keeping away from all the crunchy bones around it but putting himself closer than the rest of the group.

Her torso continued to rise and fall with each breath as it had been during the hunters' planning.

-
ooc:
I'm experimenting with dialect. Does it sounds like normal speech, or is there an accent in it?
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:36 pm

"Point taken about the fluid. Just an idea, that. Wish me luck, comrades." Collecting the cloak, Andras turned and gestured to the group with a quick wave. Confident he was, but paranoia still crept deep within him.

Creeping past the humbly sleeping Rathian, Andras watched his footing so as to not step on any dried up old bones or other such debris that could potentially awaken the fire wyvern. Eventually making it to the ledge Andras firmly gripped the edge, pushing himself up high enough to get a knee firmly planted on the top of it, looking about for the eggs. Rising, he continued to quietly look about for clear passage until he could see the eggs.

OoC: I'm assuming they are a few tiers up.

Last edited by Andras on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 pm

OOC: Definetly gives an accent.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Jati followed the stepps of Andras, nimbly making his way though the feild of bones. Out of the corner of his eye he kept a look out for any movement coming from the wyvern. He reached the ledge and climed up in several swift, and quiet movements. He now stood next to Andras, scanning the area for their goal.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Thanks for the input.

@Egg Retrievers: Lemme clarify what this ledge is like (because you guys totally misinterpreted. :P).

We're in the big open area, the pink oval-ish area. Inside that area happens to be coordinate C7.

The Rathian would be pretty close to the coordinate C7. She's got all of the bones around her. There's big bones, little bones, medium bones, etc, all over the place around her and packed tight. Unless you hand pick a path of them away, you're not getting to her quietly.

The ledge would be in the north west corner of that area (mind the compass), considerably away away from the Rathian and her bones. Not far enough away that you want to be loud though.
Arsen would be between the ledge and the Rathian.

The ledge is about as high as a two story building.
It's not straight up vertical from the ground, but pretty close. About 15 degrees off from being straight vertical.
There are little stone bumps and ridges and such jutting out and stuff to climb on, but you still gotta be careful.
The area up top is easily enough to fit the Rathian.

Any questions?

-

Andras had a relatively easy time getting up the high ledge, considering its initial difficulty. The skin of his fingers had friction. He had almost extra no weight on him. The only issues, which were minor, were the lacking friction of his greaves and the slight noise they made.

Jati had a lot more going against him. His metallic gauntlets had less friction, as did his greaves. He had a lot of extra weight, including his armor and sword and shield set. Worst of all, he was making a significant amount of noise from the scraping of his metal appendages and rustling of his armor, and the harder he gripped to compensate for his weight the louder it got. His limberness didn't compensate enough.

The noise seemed like it could wake the dead to the nearby hunters. Arsen looked over and sharply motioned for him to stop.

For the time being, only Andras made it to the top of the miniature plateau. A few yards away lay a nest made similarly to that of a birds, made up of various vegetation found around the desert that offered some level of softness. It was maybe three or four yards in diameter, and a large amount of eggs were placed inside. Those furthest out were only about a foot from the edges.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Occ: bak again lol.

Whispering among the others, Leo inquired. "What should I do? I feel so useless here, I need to do something..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:04 am

As he watched the embarrasingly conspicuous debacle unfold, Aveket facepalmed vehemently. It was like watching a brain-dead, greased up, obese child wrestle a hairless chimp for control of a pregnant dumptruck as it tried to fly through syrup. Painful to watch, and disturbingly pathetic.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:04 pm

OOC: Wow Glyph....harsh

Jati continued to climb the ledge, fully aware of the noise he was making. He decided to take it slower and used caution when placing his mailed hands and feet on the stone cliff side. He also did his best to make sure his mail tasset did as little shifting as possible. He looked up and could see the top of the ledge above him--closer than before, but still a long way away.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:32 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: We're sort of waiting on Andras. After a certain point I'll just mod him.

On a positive note, my friend Bizarre Coyote(who you all already know from Frozen Hallucinations) is going to take over Gemneroth's character. If you don't remember what Gemneroth's character is like, just look at the character data at the first post.

-

As Jati continued his way up the hillside he still made a bit of noise, despite his efforts to silence them.

The Rathian began to stir, letting out a groan and shifting her head slightly. Arsen put up his free arm to signal the others, stifling a gasp.

Unfortunately, now Jati was tree quarters of the way up the hillside, so at some point he was going to have to make noise.

17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:04 pm

ooc:
Andras said I could mod him, so I'm going to just because things could go to hell really fast the way things are now, and it would suck if he didn't even start to get one of the eggs.

-

Andras cringed as Jati followed him up, borderline furious with the hunter. Not wasting time though, he went over to the nest as silently as possible, scoping out which egg he should take. While looking, he laid the cloak out flat on the ground.

He chose one that seemed closest to the edge, then ever so gently slid his foot up against the nest's borders. He reached and slid each of his fingers underneath the white and delicate object, and then lifted it up, getting a feel for its weight.

After gently getting away from the nest, he set the egg down on the cloak, wrapped it up so that he could hold it at one end, then went back to the cliff edge and started to adjust himself to climb back down.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Vlad groaned quietly as Jati stubbornly continued up the ledge, making all kinds of noise as he did so. Quietly unsheathing his gun and slowly creeping away from the group, he lined up a shot on the green wyvern, ready to attract her attention should she wake up.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Jati continued to climb the cliff face. He paused for a moment when he heard the grumblings of the rathian but quickally continued on his way. All the while he cursed himself for not removing the more noisy parts of his armor. He hoped that Andras had found the egg by then and had wrapped it seccurly in the scally cloak.

OOC: Just putting this out there, the cloak is a cameliose hide so it is kinda hard to see something wrapped in it (thats the idea) so idk if dragonboy need to know that for his moding. It's also durrable and stretchy.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 pm

ooc:
I gotta nix the whole Chameleos hide idea. It's way too high rank for a low rank hunter to have (saying someone gave it to him will not cut it).
(Even if you were high rank, I wouldn't give it to you.)

Me and BC just realized Vlad had a cloak. That probably could have helped. Oh well.

Also, BC said that Vlad would have gone to the south east (mind the compass) side of the Rathian, opposite of the ledge and the group.

-

The last few feet of Jati climbing the ledge were the last of what what was apparently needed to awake the Rathian from her slumber. Her eyes shot open, and the first thing to come to mind where her eggs, thus she immediately looked over and saw the theft in action. Growling in deep anger, she quickly started to stand up.

Arsen nervously took a step backwards, his eyes wide in fear. The worst had come, and he was the front linesman.

Andras had only just begun to climb down the ledge, still at its top, holding the cloak and egg with one hand. He hurriedly and nervously started climbing down, constantly looking over his shoulder should the Rathian launch any attack at him.

Jati was now at the top of the ledge.

-
ooc:
The ledge is not something you can just jump down from. You'd break your legs likely.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:27 pm

"You stupid son of a-" Vlad cursed, lining up for a shot.

He pulled the trigger and let the crag round fly, letting the wall behind him help absorb the recoil. The round in the air, he quickly loaded a mag of Peirce rounds. His legs tensed as he prepared to evade the inevitable retaliation.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Andras' face was red with anger and fear as he descended the steep incline. Eventually realizing that he was fully exposed to the fire wyvern, he allowed himself to slide down, little by little, the rough ledge scratching his bare waste, chest and arm, somewhat deeply at parts. Keeping a tight grip on his prize, slung over his back so as to not allow it contact with the rough wall, he kept his other gloved hand free to adjust his rate of descent. Knowing a direct hit from the Rathian would mean certain death or severe injury, he was still determined to deliver his quarry, if he managed to make it down at all.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 10 Fffffuuuuu-4163_preview

"Fuck!" Aveket yelled, loading a flash grenade into his flare gun. He knew that they'd be lucky to get a single egg at all now. Judging from where the rathian was looking, Aveket lined up a shot, adjusting for the distance. "Watch your eyes!" he cautioned, and pulled the trigger. The gun kicked into the palm of his hands, and smoke, accompanied with a noise that sounded like an egg being forced through a blowgun, billowed from the opening. He couldn't see the grenade at this point, and he buried his face into his elbow, prepared for the blast.

OOC: I'm just going to say that the flash grenades explode on impact. K?

Last edited by Glyph on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 pm

The Rathian continued to stand up and turn towards the thieves of her nest, not noticing the crag round that stuck to her chest. She brought her head up and back, inhaling deeply, then brought it forward as she let out a deafening roar.

During the roar the crag shot went off, barely comparing in volume. The pain and damage was negligible, considering the lack of quality of the explosive (low rank).

Arsen put the shield in between her mouth and his head, protecting his ears somewhat. He shifted some to the side to not be directly in front of the Rathian, leaving himself a way out should she charge.

The rest of the hunters were away enough that her roar didn't affect them directly, though it likely frightened them all worse than ever.

Andras finally reached the ground, landing a bit hard on his feet. The egg bounced, but the stretch of the cloak prevented any damage.

To the group's great fortune the flash grenade launched by Aveket hit the beast in the snout, detonating as it did so. For various reasons each of the hunters was spared of being blind, but the wyvern took the flash right in the face. She let out a groan of anger as she swayed her head around, robbed of her site for a short time.

-
ooc:
Don't expect that to last long.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Vlad emptied the mag of piercing ammunition into the blinded wyvern, disposing of it afterwards and reloading another batch.

"C'mon, c'mon, over here..."

His legs tensed again and he prepared to dive to the side, just in case Rathian decided to toss a fireball his way. If she charged him, well...his life was worth more than the gun.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

"Let's get the fuck out of here!" Aveket barked at the egg gathering hunters.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Finally finding solid ground, Andras groaned as he stood upright. Ready to take off, the hunter was abruptly interrupted as the Ian roared aloud. Covering his ear with one hand and turning away from the mighty roar with the other he cringed as he felt his exposed eardrum under immense pressure. Whilst still turned away from the beast, he caught a fraction of the flash of Aveket's flare out of the corner of his eye.

"Thank the Heaven's.." He thought to himself as the Rathian lulled about, momentarily stunned by the cunning maneuver. Mustering up the courage to run, securing the egg in both arms. Glancing up at Jati, Andras shook his head. "Godspeed."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 10 Everything_went_better_than_expected

Aveket uncovered his eyes to see that the flash grenade had been effective. He was still worried however, because soon the effect would wear off.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next