The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 14 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm

"If we're goin' back the way we came we'll wanna have someone check the area first." Arsen put in, screwing the cap of his canteen back on.

The Rathian could still be heard outside, growling angrily.

-
ooc:
Trying not to force you guys in any direction.
I figure if someone makes the call which way to go, the rest will follow.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:46 pm

"I'm thinking that we should head here (Top right corner of F4)." Jati said pointing to the map. "It's the closest area there is to the camp while still keeping us safe from her for a bit." Jati said, nodding to the roars eminating from the cave.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 pm

"That'd be the way we came." Arsen said, looking over the map.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:32 pm

"What if two of us go out and distract her, while the rest leave from our original entrance?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

"I'd rather not have anyone around the Rathian, as much as possible." Arsen said. "You'll need to specify what you mean by 'original entrance' too. I don't see much reason to go out that way again." He thumbed towards the tunnel the group walked through most recently, with the Rathian still on the other side.

Her growling and other noises were beginning to subside, though her presence was still evident.

-
ooc:
I'm probably putting in more thoughts on the plan than I ought to be.

I know what Arsen said (first) might be a little confusing and grammatically incorrect, but I think what he's trying to say should be apparent.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 pm

"Ya I'm not so sure us splitting up again is a good idea." Jati said, looking at the map. "We could take the long way through here, keep in cover, and end up pretty close to the camp." Jati traced a line on the map with his finger. (D5, D6, D7,... and keeping in the caves as much as possible until we reach H5)
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:25 pm

ooc:
Lemme clarify on the map grid system:
The points on the map, for example F3, are where two lines meet, in that example, where the line marked 3 intersects with the line marked F.

"A" represents the top most line, excluding what would be the top edge of the map.
"1" represents the left most line, excluding what would be the left edge of the map.
If it helps, the letters and numbers pertain to the line they are closest to.

(EDIT: I realized I messed up my compass directions. For what I said below, treat it as if north was up.)
I'm not sure if this is right, but I think YKKB was having us go out the west exit of the cave,
then down south from there, in the open stone ground area,
further south(ish), through that sand donut,
into the other stone floored area, then into the cave further down south.
Then through that cave all the way to its end.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:37 pm

OOC: I was thinking that from our current position we go to the right (North) side of the map. From there we go through the series of caves and rock places going to the bottom edge of the map (East). Then to the left edge of the map (South) which would put us at about (G4) as we exit the cave.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:12 pm

ooc:
I'm realizing I just screwed by my own compass trick.
Never again will I put a shifted compass. It is just a pain the ass.

Anyway, that's what I meant by what I said.
We're just waiting to hear back from Andras or Glyph then.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Andras waited patiently for the group to make their decisions. He used the time to his advantage to gain a bit of stamina. "One thing is for sure, fellas. I'm in some serious shit if those damned Cephalos or Apceros are still flourishing outside of the cavern entrance from before." The hunter paused for a few moments. "I'm almost ready to leave my armor and weapons behind, and hope that they don't get pillaged by Melynx or renegades..."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm

"Renegades?" Aveket asked, wondering what could possibly be meant. "In any case, we can't stay in this cave forever. We also need to make sure hat there won't be any immediate danger as soon as we leave."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

"Alright, so which way're we headed?" Arsen asked. "Back out east where the Apceros were, out south, or out north then down this whole path." For the last option, he traced out the route Jati had proposed.

-
ooc:
I'm trying again to keep hands off.
Mind the compass of the map (like I forgot to before).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 pm

"I've given my imput. I'm fine going either way." Jati said. "I just thought staying in the caves would benifit us since she can't get to us there." As he said this he rubbed his sheild arm, it still ached slightly.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm

"I'm for leaving through the east entrance. Either way we go we'll have to make a dash for the base camp."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm

ooc:
I figure Andras is away for the weekend, and I doubt he'd care much anyway, so we'll just get going.
I assume everyone would start walking, to save us time in posting it.

-

"I guess that settles it then." Arsen said folding up the map then replacing it into its appropriate item pouch. He lead the group east then, keeping an eye on the body of water in the cave, should the Plesioth still be there. Fortunately for the group it wasn't, or at least it didn't make an appearance.

The group continued up the eastern tunnel, eventually seeing daylight at the end, forcing each of them to squint as their eyes adjusted.
Arsen was the first out, who motioned the rest not to follow, backing up some. "The Apceros are still here." He said, not really surprised.
If any of the hunters were still curious and decided to look, they'd see that the herbivores were indeed in the stone floored area, behaving like they were before before the group's mad dash through the herd.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 pm

"Well I'm not looking forward to fighting our way through these things again." Jati told the group.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Andras sighed dejectedly at the sight of the Apceros. The harsh environments were wearing away at the hunters morale. The bitter cold of the caves, and the smoldering heat of the outdoors left no comfortable medium for long periods of time.

"Looks like we're either going to have to push through those fucking things again, or do some major backtracking to a different exit from the caverns... We know that beyond that cavern exit lies our camp, not too terribly far away." Looking the egg over, Andras questioned the value of it, and yet at the same time, longed for a bit of monetary gain.

OoC: Looking at the map, can I assume we are at D-5, exiting through C-4 seems like an available option.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:21 pm

"Well, let's not assume that these things are openly hostile...at least not right away. They only attacked after I fired that flare at them last time, but maybe they remember who we are?"

OOC: Is it possible that we might move around the herd? How close are they to the walls of the clearing?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Not really. They're pretty spread out. (I know I'm being vague about their positions and stuff.)
Even if there was a bit of an opening to the side, IF they were aggressive and decided to attack, it wouldn't matter. They'd notice us easily, and be able to close the distance fast enough.

-

"I guess I'll test them out..." Arsen said, stepping ahead. "Wait here for a minute."

He went out a few yards, to a point where any Apceros looking the group's way would have easily noticed him. Like when the group had been cooking, they minded their own business, but kept an eye on the foreign figure.

Slowing his pace, Arsen continued towards the herd, getting within speaking distance if one were to raise their voice some, a few yards. The herbivores nearby looked directly at him, letting out a few grunts.

He was hesitant to get any closer, but forced himself to, knowing that the group was going to have to get closer at some point. He did so very slowly though, as to not alarm the large herbivore.
He got within a little over yard of the monster, to which it started groaning louder, raising its head at him. Arsen took the hint and backed off, but waited to continue to test the monster. It continued to groan, though the volume dropped. With his experimenting done, Arsen started back towards the others, walking. The Apceros quit grunting once he was out a certain distance.

"I think we might be able to get through, if we mind their space. I dunno what'll happen if we all go through though, or get too close together. Overall it's risky." He said once he was back with the group, close enough not to need to raise his voice at all. Shouting was a sure way to aggravate the herd of herbivores.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:51 pm

"I think we should go one at a time, single file." Jati offered, "We spread out several yards between each of us and take it slow. If they decide to attack we'll just have to make a run for it. I still have smoke bombs if that would help."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 pm

"I disagree both to going single file, and to using smoke bombs," Aveket gruffly stated. "If we go in single file, we could get spread out to thin, separated. And as for smoke bombs, that would make everything a total clusterfuck."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 pm

"Hmm." Arsen looked back at the herd of Apceros, then back at the group. "I'd say we just find another route." He said simply, then waited for feedback.

-
ooc:
I'm just having him say that because I think things were headed that way, and it would save time in debating.
If you guys want to try this path though, you're more than welcome to. I'm not saying its likely or unlikely to work.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 pm

"Alright then, let's try for the south entrance, and if it looks like its going to be a problem, we'll come back here."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 pm

ooc:
Alright, I guess it's time to bot the group again. If anyone objects, speak up.

-

The group made their back way back into the cave, and then back out the southern tunnel, uninterrupted. The same suspense and blinding light hit them as they exited the cold place once more.

What they found waiting outside was arguably better or worse. The dessert alpha raptor, Gendrome, was feasting on the fresh carcass of an Apceros, with four of its followers doing the same thing.
Other Apceros were fleeing the area into the sand, unpursued by the yellow raptors. However, Cephalos were starting to gather like fish to bait, and confrontation was inevitable.

The pack of Gen' was a more winnable fight than the previous entire herd of Apceros, but it would certainly be a fight, as there'd be no other option if the group took that route. The moment any of the hunters stepped out into the open area, they'd be spotted, and fighting would quickly ensue because of the carnivores' violent natures.

-
ooc:
Hopefully some combat will get some life back into this RPG, if you chose to take this route.
I'd really like to finish this, but I need you guys to do it.

@Andras: Since Andras is occupied with the egg and without equipment, you could get your piece of the action through Leo.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:30 pm

"Well it's either these guys or a shit load of apceroce. What do you guys think?" Jati played with the hilt of his sword. He had heard that the genprey could paralize a hunter. The thought of being eaten alive while unable to move was not the most apealing.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:02 am

"Well those, or back out west or that long route north an' all, risking the Rathian." Arsen said in a low voice, looking at the group of Gen'. He then looked back at the group of hunters. "I'd say we take these guys, 'cause I think we'll run into just as much trouble going the other ways."

-
ooc:
*Awaits anal joke from Glyph* And yes I did actually read that.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

OOC: Do I even need to now?

"If we pull out now, we'll have a much harder time getting this far in again. You move in from behind, getting as deep as you can, and I'll take the front end. There's a chance that even if we give them everything we've got they'll come back for more, so make sure that you hit every opening you can, as hard as you can. Keep our goods protected from any accidental crushing damage, and we should come out of this sticky situation without much of anything on us."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: "You move in from behind" is vague. We don't know who "you" is (or are, if plural). From behind is kind of relative too (though I wasn't specific on the Gen's directions).
I'm not sure exactly what your plan was, but keep in mind they'll notice us pretty quickly.

-

Arsen unlatched his longsword and its scabbard from his back, then began drawing out the long blade, having a bit of trouble in the tight space of the tunnel. Once the weapon was free though, he rested the backside of the blade over his shoulder with one arm, holding the scabbard in his other hand by his side.

"Should Andras hang back for a bit?" He asked looking back at the egg carrying hunter, because not only was Andras in possession of the delicate object, but he had no equipment at all, defensive or offensive.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:09 pm

ooc: Dragonboy you might want to read Glyph's last post again.This time think dirty
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

ooc:
That went right over my head.
Back to business though.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)