The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 7 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by rageofox Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Rageo, in his drunken state had seen the hunters leave and thought to himself, 'they are going for more beer! i must follow' and proceeded to follow, still with his weapon at his side, since he has yet to unpack. As the cold air hits his face, he suddenly regains his mind. "what the hell are you guys doing out here!"
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Andras turned back to the hunters coming outside.
"Can't tell just yet, but there's definitely something going on." Glaring at Rageo stumbling outside, Andras shook his head in disgust.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

seeing Andras' look Rageo felt somewhat embarased
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 pm

"Aha ha..You guys flatter me." Scout shook her head and smiled.

Looking up, a bit dazed by the sudden noises outside, Scout jogged over to the entrance, and peered outside. She narrowed her eyes and covered her seeking gaze with her hand, blocking the wind and snow. "Sounded like I heard a screech. Prey, maybe??" she shouted to Andras. "Shouldn't be a problem..but no one go overboard!" She yelled out to the hunters. Forcing herself back inside, she went back over to her belongings. "A possibility of a big hunt make me so anxious." she muttered to herself, concentrating on her longsword, kneeling in front of her bunk on which it lay on. She sheathed it once more and looked over at the entrance. "I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow yet."
Scout
Scout
Hunter

http://sukautto.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm

As Cloud was busy cooking, he too overheard the noises outside. "Monsters already?! Damn..." Noticing Rageo staggering outside he asked the remaining awake hunters to the stove momentarily "I need to get ol' Happy Times back in here before he gets hurt..." Heading out the doors Cloud grabs Rageo, struggling to make him come back in. "I got the lush out of your way for now, bring me back some of whatever meat you can scavenge off of whatever is out there!!" Still struggling, Cloud eventually wrestles the inebriated hunter indoors, laughing all the while. "Get your damned silly drunken master ass inside..." Heading back to his preparation, he inquired to the others. "Any of you all care to help me with this meal? Could use any help I could get."

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Aizen rolls to the side and then looks up at the creature. "You look like you have seen better days." He says as he slowly starts to pull his Blade from the sheath. "You plus to of your underlings seems kinda small for a pack. Though the rest could have been taken out by whatever did that to you." When the tip reached the edge a flame erupted from the sword clearly visiable through the snow. The heat exhudeing from the blade melted the snow passing by it in the air. "I will be your funeral Pyre if you press me."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 am

OOC:Personally I think that an exception should be made to the controlling other people's characters rule, at least for SRK's post. Rageo is obviously drunk and not entirely in control.

"Why does there always have to be ONE loner guy?" X said as he angrily slipped out of the base.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Occ: I never thought of that... If you want me to change my post I will. Thanks Glyph
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by rageofox Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:14 pm

ooc no worries srk i read your post and started laughing, almost spilling my drink.

Having been hauled inside of the cavern, Rageo reluctantly plopped down on his bunk and passed out.
rageofox
rageofox
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Eventually making it to Aizen's side, Andras noticed the Drome's bloody beak, and exposed ribcage as it hissed and wheezed, staggering about.
"Looks like this thing has been in a scrap or two before making it here."

As X and Doc neared, the Giaprey at it's side yelped about, growling and shrieking as they watched the hunters every move. Still focusing on Aizen, the injured alpha lept, hurling itself with it's claws ready to slash the hunter. It's brazen move spurred it's fellow raptor's to advance too, one leaping at Andras and one rushing towards X and Doc.

Andras, surprised by the Prey's quick move stepped forward, swinging his shield hard against it's body. While not doing much damage, it did cause the raptor to fall hard against the snow, which cushioned it's sloppy landing, it rolling from it's side onto it's back and other side, momentarily dizzied by the attack.

Last edited by Andras on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Jago cracked his eyes open, hearing the background noise dying down significantly and feeling a few waves of cold air brushing over him.

"Nnmh, wha...?"

The hunter sat up, looking around blearily. He noticed that about half of the group was gone, though Scout, Sakujo, Cloud and Rageo were still in the building. Rageo appeared to have fallen asleep.

Not bothering to get out of his warm covers, he yawned.

"Where's everyone else? Is it morning already?"
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Seeing one giaprey moving towards him and X from out of the blowing snow, Doc quickly leveled his naginata. He then took a firm stance and braced himself for any incoming attacks.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Oswald, awakened only momentarily by the commotion replied to Jago, albeit very sleepily.
"Sounds like something caught wind of the cookin'. *nyaawwwnn* Can't say that I blame it for heading our way, smells great."

The Prey running at the two advancing hunters leaped forward, covering a bit of ground landing in front of Doc. Hopping to the side, it lunged forward, jaws agape ready to bite the hunter.

Andras, not wasting any time jumped forward with an overhead downward slash at the recovering Prey, slashing deep into it's left arm and chest. As it was rudely awakened from the shooting pain in it's chest and muscular tissue, it yelped aloud in anger and pain, snapping about, landing a quick bite to the hunter's shoulder.
"Son of a bitch!" Andras stated, not so much hurt as annoyed by the stinging pain, a small bit of blood forming from the sharp edges of it's beak, and fangs. Reluctant to have not put his chest plate on, he shook the pain off as the Prey stood upright, bleeding profusely, yet fully aware of it's attacker.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

ooc:
@Scout: Not sure how Scout will do outside, considering her lack of attire.

-

Sakujo's heart rate spiked as Rageo drunkenly kissed Scout on the cheek. Mistreatment of women was one of the things that made him absolutely livid, drunk or not.

Then some monster was heard outside, and the hunters started making their way out of the campsite. Not long after the drunken Rageo left, he was brought back in by Cloud and passed out on one of the beds.

Figuring the monster threat outside wasn't anything serious, Sakujo decided to stay inside the cave. Just in case though, he kept his equipment on for the time being.
He also wanted to be around in case Rageo acted up again, especially with Scout around. He took one of the fishing pikes (yard long) and kept it nearby, as a weapon to be used on the drunk without seriously injuring him.

"Yeah, sure, nya..." He said in response to Cloud, breaking out of his angry train of thought. "What do you need help with?"
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 pm

"Ummm...help me tenderize the meats, then ill will make the broth and you season the meat. K, oh and please wash your paws before cooking." (xP) Then Cloud leened towards Sakujo and said. "Ill get Rageo if he tryes to pull a fast one on Scout, then hes all yours bud."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Aizen Jump backed and slashed at the same time aiming for the dromes back legs(Since it would most likely propell those forward when it leaped.) "So you have some fight left in you" he said as he landed

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 pm

At first sight of the giaprey, X unhooked the heaviest of the robes, allowing them to fall to the snow with a soft thud. The heat of battle would provide some warmth, but the armor and other attire he had on would make up for any sign of cold. He quickly unsheated his katana as well, its faster speed would prove necessary against the agile prey. He moved into a defensive position, making sure to keep aware of the other two foes, but focusing on the raptor that was engaging Doc.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Aizen's evading attack landed hard into the Drome's thigh's cutting it's rightmost thigh deeply, severing the muscles near completely to the bone. In the process the grizzled raptor slammed hard into the ground, rolling hard into Aizen, forcing him from his footing. Shrieking in horrific pain, the Drome flailed about, whipping it's tail wildly, snapping it's jaws as it barked, spewing blood from the fresh wound and ribcage alike. A final surge of adrenaline hit the beast, it throwing the weight to it's legs in an attempt to stand upright. As it landed upright, it quickly fell once again, unable to hold it'self upright, the snow stinging it's open wounds. Eyes almost fully glazed the creature held it'self upright with it's claws, it's barking spewing blood everywhere. In a final attempt to attack, it started dragging itself towards the downed Aizen in a futile effort to hold it's own.

Rushing in for another quick bite the bleeding Prey sloppily struck at Andras. Rolling to the side as the creature lunged past him, snapping it's jaws into nothing, Andras recovered with a hard upward slash, slicing deep into it's abdomen and exiting it's lower back, the force of the slash throwing the raptor on it's side, it's blood spraying abruptly from the gaping wound in it's left flank. It's pupils dilated as it shrieked a pathetic cry, it's body convulsing a final time before going still. Breathing it's dying breaths, it choked on it's own blood, staining the brilliant white snow with a deep crimson.

OoC: Kut Ku, just waiting on you. Glyph, you can make a move before I post something, it is open ended after all.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Aizen staggered to his feet still dazed from the impact with the drome. He noticed the drome dragging itself toward him. "Im glad to see you are going out with pride." Aizen Slowly walked toward the drome with his swords held in one hand. "Even in your crippled state your will to survive is amazeing." he said to the beast as if it could understand him, Holding the sword in two hands now he charged forward "I will put an end to your suffering so you can rest peacfully"he rolled to the side of the creature when he reached it and slashed down onto the creatures neck.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 pm

In a last ditch effort the drome thrust itself forward with it's front arms and it's less injured leg. Mouth agape, it's jaws connected with the hunter's left greave, but it found itself unable to clamp it's jaws shut, or move at all. In an instant, its head lulled down the greave, staining the white and silver lining of the Barioth material with both coagulated and fresh blood.

Aizen's blade slashed deep into the back of it's lower neck, severing it's spine completely, but not completely exiting its body, only stopped by its frontal ribcage and sternum. It's flesh sizzled from the immense heat of the fire wyvern crafted blade, only small spurts of blood draining from the gaping wound. It's body twitched a few times before it's life departed. It's muscles contracted a final time, but not enough to cause it to bite down hard on his greave.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Doc, seeing the attack coming, made a swift latteral dodge whilst swining his naginata at the neck of the beast in an uppercut.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Evading successfully, Doc managed to knick the advancing raptor's shoulder, it yelping and hopping backwards, hissing at the hunter all the while. Aware of the other hunter's presence it turned, looking back and forth at the two, paranoid both of their presence and the scent of it's partner raptor's blood.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Takeing a handfull of snow Aizen whiped the blood off of his greaves and walked over to Andras. "Well it looks like they were attacked by something." Looking around noticeing the third creature was no where around. "what happened to the other one?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 pm

"I noticed that as well... Looks like some kind of territorial dispute." Pausing to look the gaping ribcage over, Andras noticed that many of the ribs were broken at the edge of it's torn hide, held in only by it's flesh and sternum. "Something big no less."

Rising and shivering a bit from the cold contacting his bare arms, he brushed the excess snow off of himself from rolling away from the raptor's attack. "I heard at least two other sets of footsteps, I imagine some of the others came out to see what was going on. By the way, ever had meat from any of the classes of Prey?"
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:58 pm

"To be totally honest i have never encountered these type of raptors before." Looking at the Drome. "As far back as i can remember i have been in Yukumo and Moga only and these creatures are not native to those areas. Though i dont think it would taste bad, for Great Jaggi and Great Baggi meat taste extreamly good." He said as he examined the wounds on the large raptors body more closely. "Definantly something big would have caused these type of breaks. I would say something between the sizes of an Aioshira and a Deviljo."

OOC: remember he hasnt hunter monsters like Kut ku or gyp or any of the old school ones other than rathian, rathalos, Diablos, Tigrex, Nargacugra, and he knows of Akantor and Ukanlos.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Sakujo subtly nodded in acknowledgement of what Cloud said. He was glad to have someone else, especially a human much stronger than himself, around just in case.

"Aight, I'll get on that." He said regarding the meat, setting down the fishing pike and going off to find a meat tenderizer.

He went around to behind the bar counter where all the drawers were, then pulled one of the lower ones open. His hope was that he wouldn't have to search the higher drawers, but that wasn't meant to be, as he checked each of the lower drawers and didn't find the tool of desire. He did find the cutting boards though, and took a larger one for future use, throwing it up on top of the counter.

Leaving the lower drawers open, he stepped on top of them and began pulling out the second row, scanning each that he opened.
"Here they are, nya." Finally he found the hammer-like tool, or rather a bunch of them, each of a different size. He took one of the larger then hopped down, then closed all the drawers.

He threw the tool up onto the counter as well, landing with a large bang, then positioned to pounce up himself. Though exceptionally strong for a Lyninan, he was very weighed down, thus his jump only put him within reach of the edge of the counter. That was enough though, as he grabbed the edge and he had the strength to pull himself up afterward.

"Nya, can you hand me a slab of meat?" He asked Cloud, figuring it was easier for the hunter to hand it up to him rather than go down, throw it up, then come back up again. He took the meat tenderizer in both hands like a weapon and held it over his shoulder, and positioned the cutting board with his feet so he wasn't right at the edge of the counter.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

"Velociprey breeds run rampant almost everywhere. Perhaps I should come and visit Moga soon. I personally could never bring myself to eat raptor meat, what with their defensive saliva's and all." A perplexed look covered his face, followed by a grinning smirk. "Never hurts to try though."

Going back to his kill, he carved several decent size flanks of it's flesh and hide from it's corpse, also cutting away at it's dew claws in an effort to sever them from the bones in it's feet.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Jago was up now, and he yawned again lightly. His stomach growled.

"Here Sakujo, I'll help you."

The hunter walked over to the cooler, pulling out two slabs of meat. He dropped one on the cutting board, and pulled one out for himself. Jago also pulled out a small mallet, carefully balancing the mallet and cutting board in one hand.

He sat the board next to the sizable Melynx's, and started tenderizing the meat.

"Hmm, we have any seasonings? Might as well get them on now if we do."

Last edited by BizzarreCoyote on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

"Thank you." Sakujo said as Jago got him the meat. Once it was set down, he wound his hammer back like an axe then slammed it onto the meat, creating an audible thud throughout the cave. The process repeated over and over, each swing striking a different section of the meat, making a loud bang each time. "Nya, sorry about this Oswald." He said to the fellow Lynian, flipping the meat over with his hands then resuming the pounding.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Eager to be done with the fight and get back into the warm camp, Merdoc decided to go on the offensive. He took one great step with his right foot towards the drome while at the same time bringing his naginata down hard and fast from his left--aming for his side.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next