The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 17 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Sakujo to advantage of the delay and ran up the side of the mountain that housed the anonymous monster, staying within within loud talking distance of the others. It would get him behind the monster when it came out of the cave, but also force the monster to climb the hillside as well if it wanted to get to him.

He brought his rifle to his front and knelt down, hiding in the thick snow with his ghillie suit, another advantage of his position. High penetration rounds were still loaded in his rifle, ideal for what would likely be a larger monster.

-
ooc:
I hope that's alright. If not, I/you can edit accordingly.
I was hoping to be like just behind the cave entrance, so I'm not terribly far away from things.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Aizen dropped his head and kicked a rock into the hole and followed the rest of the group. "I still say it would have been fun to jump in.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:12 pm

As the Melynx made his way up the hill side, an abrupt rumbling could be heard within the cave, forcing even more icicle's and fragments to crash onto the cavern floors. The rumbling seemed to fade, from the inside of the cavern to the outside. As the hunter's stood in abrupt silence for several moments, the rumbling again continued now on the outside of the caverns.

Several meters ahead of where the hunter's stood, the snow began to sink within a diameter of about 20 feet. Within mere moments, chunks of snow and ice burst forth from the sink hole followed by the sound of something catching it's breath. The powdery snow eventually cleared, revealing a creature probably some 20' in height, it's shell alternating in various blue shades, save for it's underbelly, which was a dingy yellow in color. It stood on it's hind legs, it's arms rather short for it's stature. The identifying feature of this beast was it's massive head crest, as well as a good portion of it's body being encased in a crystalline layer of snow and ice. It's crimson eyes were a morbid sight to behold as it stood breathing deeply, steam pouring out of it's mouth, and from atop it's crest.

Shaking it's massive head to clear it's vision from the impacted snow and ice, it kicked the ground beneath it's massive blunt taloned feet, and let out a roar identical to what the hunter's had heard within the cavern, though at this range, it would be excruciating to an unprotected ear.

"Heh, don't worry about it Aizen. We'll find whatever it is." Andras stated, grinning at the disappointed hunter. "We can't afford to lose someone, especially before making contact."

As the group neared the cavern exit, they were pleased to see that the snow drift had partially collapsed, enough that minimal effort would be enough to open it entirely. The light shining into the caverns was a relief to the hunters, as well as what seemed to be a beacon of hope for the team.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Sakujo was fortunate to have hearing protection for his firearms, so he mostly ignored the newly appeared monster's roar. He sank down to his knee to conceal himself and boost his accuracy, then started to search the monster's body for anything that looked vulnerable.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

X was painfully deafened, to say the least, by the monster's roar, but he wasn't going to panic. Drawing his sidearm, he kept his eyes locked on the creature, prepared to fire at any sign of agressive behavior.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 pm

OoC: I feel as if my absence has put a hindrance on people's posting. I'm going to wait a while and see how things go. Otherwise, I am debating putting this in the inactive area.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17