The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 10 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Andras Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 pm

"I must be out of the loop. With Minegarde's newly discovered locales, there's no wonder I've not seen or heard of these species migrating."

Taking what Aizen had to say to mind he continued. "You know, that I could understand. Tigrex adapted to the Pokke mountain's with ease, so it's no surprise, at least to me that they have migrated to the volcano."

Getting himself his steak and a small bowl of soup Andras continued. "The more I think about what attacked the Giadrome, the more I am starting to feel that Aizen is right. Anything else would have shredded it to pieces."

Looking around at Doc, Andras had a rather serious expression about him. "Seeing a Daora is something to behold. Seeing those left in it's wake is something entirely different. Something you don't easily forget." A look of disgust and shame covered the hunter's face for a few brief moments. Eventually shaking it off, he focussed on the meal before him.

Taking a few sips of his soup and cutting a piece of his steak off he commented on the food. "Mmm... damn, guys. Perhaps you all should make cooking your other profession... and here I thought only lynians were adept chefs."

Last edited by Andras on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:48 pm

"Thanks Andras, that means a lot, but if it wasn't for them the food wouldn't be have done by now." Cloud takes a bite of his steak. "Thanks again fellas." Cloud said as he raised his drink towards them.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 am

OOC: Is there anybody here who doesn't have a haunted past that leads them to brood over it every 5 minutes? Not trying to be an asscunt. And apparently I have 7 new matches!

X sat back in his seat, rubbing the back of his neck thoughtfully. (How does that even work?) "The biggest problem that I can't figure out is how the giadrome managed to escape," He put in. "It was obviously crippled, so I'm wondering how it could have possibly escaped from something so large. And how long had it sustained those wounds before it found us? It wouldn't have lived more than 15 minutes with that kind of damage. That leads me to believe that it may have been injured shortly before we killed it, which would mean that this unknown monster has recently been close to this camp..."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:39 am

OOC: honestly i do it anyways just because one person dosent like it even though it has nothing to do with them at all doesnt mean im not going to do it.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 am

Andras wrote:A note on character biographies: Your character is welcome to have a history, but it will not be included in the story. If you deem it necessary to talk about their history, that is fine. Player interaction is welcome and recommended, but any story your character may have will not influence anything relevant to this RP.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:49 am

OOC: I feel that the tone of the other post has been misinterpreted, and I am to blame. Perhaps I was unclear?

What I meant was that it is very common for a hunter's agenda (or any kind of lone-wolf, or brooding character) to center around the death of a loved one(s) at the hands of a powerful creature. One of these loved ones is usually a fatherly sort of figure or mentor who teaches them everything they know about hunting. The tragic incident usually happens early in their life, and leads them towards a life of searching for the beast, while growing stronger. On their journey they may encounter the beast, but not quite be able to fight it, or they will be beaten temporarily. Eventually they will grow strong enough to face the creature and win, thus resolving the story. They may or may not continue questing after this.

I'm not saying that this type of backstory is a bad thing. I am only saying that it is used VERY frequently. (Star Wars is an example.) I never meant to offend or harass anyone. Looking back, I can see how I might have sounded like a jackass, but I assure anyone who is wondering that this was never my intent.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 am

OoC: I understand man. Thanks for the clarification though. While I am not falling back on previous RP's or fanfics or anything I can see what you are getting at. If it weren't made obvious in previous RP's and or fics, I have an infatuation with Kushala, thus the reference in this, though a completely different timeline all together. I will not dwell on it, if it is seemingly "overplayed".
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 am

OOC: Don't let my cynicism get in the way of your having a good time. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

"Well, nya, the Gaidrome could have had any number of pack members." Sakujo put in in response to X's theory, pausing for a moment to eat a piece of meat from his stew. "They may have acted as a distraction, nya, for their leader to get away, intentional or not. If anyone would like to go out scouting, I'm up for it, nya." Again he paused, eating another piece of meat from his stew. In the back of his head he was annoyed that he'd completely stripped off his equipment.

-
ooc:
I wonder if Andras thought things out this far.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Looking up from his half finished soup, Merdoc saw the anger in Andras' face. Not wishing to make enemies, he quickly tried to resolve the issue. "I meant no offense by my words Andras. I find all forms of life and monsters interesting--and therefore respecting. I am sorry if it angered you." Not sure what else he could say Merdoc returned to his soup.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

"Pay me no mind, Doc. I have no qualms with your interest in encountering one, but they are a forced to be reckoned with." Andras nodded at the hunter. "Sorry if I came off as boorish, I just have no desire to face one again."

Overhearing X and Sakujo speaking, Andras added to their statements. "The will to live is both an amazing and cruel thing. Adrenaline can sustain life, even in the most dire of circumstances." Recollecting a prior incidence, he shared it the group. "I recall a Gravios we encountered in the Kokoto region's swamp. Even after a battalion of heavy gunners had blasted through it's chest and innards it still spewed forth it's flame breath like nothing had phased it. It wasn't until a fellow swordsman and I managed to sever it's tail, the combined wounds forced it to bleed out. Unlike us hunters, it never retreated once."

The hunter paused for a few moments to eat, eventually finishing his meal. "The only Barroth I've even seen was pretty damned territorial. Loc Lac sent requests for other Minegardian Guilds to analyze it's behavior, should they appear in areas outside of that region's desert. It stayed submerged in this murky little bog, only venturing out for a snack once in a while. Seemed to have a taste for Altaroth, as it knocked a whole colony down just to get them to surface. Not to mention there were a surplus of Jaggi and Jaggia running around, and it only confronted them if they got too close to it's bog."

Looking over at X, Andras shook his head in agreement. "It could be close by, I imagine it got a taste of the Drome's blood and was disgusted though, considering their diets consist of bugs. Unless it knows of a Vespoid or Bnhabra hive close by it could be getting desperate for something else, hence the Drome and the battered hunters. I kind of hope Sakujo is right though, perhaps it is dining on the other Prey, or even the Baggi around here."

Last edited by Andras on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:24 am

Sakujo continued to eat his stew, listening over the conversation. He made a mental note to himself to throw some dried vegetables and maybe noodles in next time, because, as good as his current stew was, it was just cooked meat and hot water with a bit of seasoning.

-
ooc:
No offense intended by that comment.

It seems like whenever one RPG has an up the other has a down.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Jago downed his bowl of stew in record time, not having ate much since that morning. That small bag of jerky had done nothing more than hold him over.

He stood, walking over to the pot for more.

"Anyone else want some more while I'm up?"
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

"If you would, please." Sakujo said. He quickly stuffed the remaining meat into his mouth, crammed it into his cheeks, then drank the broth before handing the bowl over to Jago.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm

OOC: Call me a pervert but...
He quickly stuffed the remaining meat into his mouth, crammed it into his cheeks, then drank the broth
, not trying to be a dick, just thought it was funny.

"So, are we just going to call it a night then?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

ooc:
That occurred to me. I didn't think anyone would bother bringing it up. I should have known better.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm

"Likewise, Jago. I certainly don't want any of it going to waste."

OoC: Going to accept a few more posts, and timeskip to the morning. Scout has been sick lately, and I told her not to worry about posting for a bit. If something calls her to attention, I will inform her as such.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

"Seems so." Sakujo said to X after swallowing his food and drink.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Occ: kool Andy

"Ok, I'm done now." Cloud stated as he finished his meal. Jokingly, he continued. "So, who wants to do the dishes? If were done for the night, I think I'll hit the hay..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

"Oh, that reminds me." Sakujo said standing up, having remembered the pot full of snow. He got down from his seat then went over to where X had put the snow filled pot, then dragged it over to the stove. "If we throw this on the stove and let it boil, nya, we can use it to clean the dishes." He said, indirectly asking anyone to lift it up onto the stove, again unable to do so because of his height.

-
ooc:
It's a wonder how Lynians are such good chefs. They're so short and can't reach anything. >_<
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm

X assisted the lynian in obtaining the pot of snow.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 am

"I can't sleep at all so if someone needs help with something I'd be glad to lend a hand." Doc anounced. He looked at the stove and the fire that raged inside. "Maybe I should get more wood for the fire. Wouldn't want to have to get it in the middle of the night in the dark." He got up from the table and stretched.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 am

"Cool, Doc. While you're getting the firewood, I'll help Sakujo melt the snow." The hunter stated as he rose to assist.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Eventually finishing his second bowl of stew and contently rubbing his stomach, Andras yawned aloud. "Nothing like a good meal to wind the day up." Stretching, he stood, pushing his chair up to the table. "I'll be glad to assist with the dishes. Next time we're here we should have plenty of extra goods to make an even better feast." Collecting his bowl and silverware, he placed them on the counter for when Sakujo and Cloud had fully boiled the snow.

Checking the stove, he retrieved and placed a few more small logs in it to keep it at a steady blaze. Eventually moving over to his bunk, he armored down to nothing but his thick black tanned Velocidrome hided pants and suspenders. Taking a look at his shoulder, he shook his head, a smirk covering his face. Thinking to himself he sighed. "I'm getting lazy..."

OoC: A note I would like to mention is, when we depart, feel free to collect some goods from the field. Like in the game, there will be randomly placed vegetation, hives and other such things. I want to give the users liberty to add story and characteristic to this, as long as it is reasonable. So long as you don't post any mobs or engage a random battle, I'm fine. Feel free to confirm this with me via PM.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Aizen goes back over to his bed and lays down to rest.

OOC: you just gave me a brilliant idea

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Merdoc nodded to his fellow hunter and walked to the door. He braced himself for the blast of cold and opened the door. He stepped outside and stooped down to collect several large logs.

OOC: has anyone spoken to Scout? She hasn't posted in a while.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Andras wrote:Scout has been sick lately, and I told her not to worry about posting for a bit. If something calls her to attention, I will inform her as such.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 am

After he'd gotten his new bowl of stew [from whoever] and the pot of snow had been put on the stove [by whoever else] to boil, Sakujo went back to his seat and continued eating. Silently to himself he was thinking what could and should be prepared for breakfast the next morning. He'd have to take a look at the rations at some point, to know what he was working with.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 pm

"Hey guys I was just wondering about breakfast? What do you have in mind guys. I love breakfast so I eat alot in the morning. So..." Cloud Said out of ceriously.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:12 am

"I was thinking the same thing, nya." Sakujo said after swallowing. "Perhaps we could do a little fishing, and add in whatever the rations got for us, nya." He proposed, taking another spoon full of his stew. He was debating opening up a ration pack right now.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next