The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 18 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Blaster427 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

Edo looked around for Ortay to find out where Edo needed to patrol.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:57 pm

After Elram's speech, the crowd began to disperse. Civilians collected whatever belongings they had and were ready to depart.

The guild knights organized themselves among the few wagons they had, each set to go a different direction. They only had four wagons, despite the several other wagons being present. One could easily predict that wasn't going to be enough.

A few of the monster hunters understood what the game plan was, and started to go off in whatever direction from the center of town, specifically alone. The remaining monster hunters followed suit, making one last widespread search of the city.
After the wave of monster hunters was out, civilians began to follow behind at a far distance.

Eventually, each of the monster hunters made it to the borders of the town. No one came across any living monsters, though as with the previous patrol, several corpses were found along the way.

-
ooc:
So basically, all of the monsters hunters are at the borders of the town (the town fence). Because there's so many hunters, you could probably walk a short distance clockwise or counter clockwise and come across another hunter.

We'll say just pick a cardinal direction (or something like NNE), and I'll describe your location from there. You may want to look at the map to get an idea of what to expect.
If you wanted to pick a direction close to someone to join up with them after the patrol, say so.

You guys are free to do whatever now, including explore the city. It would be later in the day now, like 5+.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm

ooc: For a direction I will pick 4.
-

After the patrol was done, Crya made her way back to the town from her location.

Once there she would join up with those that are taking care of the bodies, and help them to finish this sad chore.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:06 pm

ooc:
@Star: By four I assume you mean four o'clock, or something like south-east-east (SEE).

@Everyone: To clarify; you're all still inside the town's borders (the big fence going all the way around).

-

Cyra arrived at one of the town's livestock fields, the one she and the others saw previously. It was a field of low grass within the town's borders, enclosed from the rest of the town by a small fence.
Along the fence were various kinds of farm buildings.
Multiple sections of the fence had been broken down, seemingly from the inside based on how the debris fell.
Some Aptonoth corpses were present in the field, thoroughly eaten, as well as just a couple 'Prey corpses.

While she headed back towards the center of town in search of one of the body collecting wagons, Cyra saw people among their homes. It was almost like a normal town, save for everyone's apparent upset.
People, particularly women, sobbing in the distance could be heard.
Some men were helping gather the bodies and set them in one place for the guild wagon to pick up.

Cyra eventually found one of the Aptonoth drawn wagons accompanied by guild knights, a few blocks away from the center of town. Over a dozen filled body bags were already on the large wagon.
The knights bagging and loading the bodies were wearing something similar to trench coats and long gloves, likely to keep themselves clean.
One knight had a clip board and was rapidly writing down notes.

They loaded another body, and the scribe pinned what he wrote to the bag.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Cyra approached the knights that were collecting the bodies.

"I would like to help you," she said solemly.

She knew this was not going to be an easy task on the body, mind, or heart, but it was one she felt she needed to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Totoro headed toward the arena, interested in some of the larger attractions he could see while he was still stationed here.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Edo had gone to the 12 o'clock part of the city, then procceded back to the guild to see if there was anything else he could help with, particularly tracking down some very small monster like prey or Jaggi.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

"Okay. Just, uh, help them bag and load." The scribe knight said to Cyra, gesturing towards the other guild knights with him. "There's a suit if you want it." He then motioned towards some folded up cloaks on the edge of the wagon, the same kind the other knights were wearing (gloves were inside).

Tyler came into her view. "Hey," he greeted with a nod before looking over the body collecting situation.

~

On his way to the great arena, Totoro passed the town hospital. The amount of corpses present was much larger than seen prior, and most were picked clean to the bone.

The arena was cylindrical in shape, at least three stories tall and over a city block in diameter.
He saw some ladders around its perimeter going from the ground to the roof, suggesting there was a walkway above. He had seen that the arena inside was enclosed by something of a dome cage roof.
Facing the north, there was a giant ramp leading down underneath the arena, presumably to the dungeon where the monsters were held. A set of massive double doors was at the bottom, left open and facing inwards. Multiple wagons set side by side could drive down in if desired.

There was something of a bulletin board nearby, having a little rain roof and encased in glass. There was a large poster mentioning events involving the 'Prey, Blue Yian Kut Ku and Azure Rathalos. It was dated to be in the next few weeks, but obviously that wasn't going to happen now.
Some other minor performances, like music, acting, competition, and a lot more, were posted as well, though rescheduling was likely.

~

Edo arrived at the north main gate of the town, the gate the Metke caravan had come through. He saw several 'Prey corpses along the way, probably cleared out by the Metke company, including a Gendrome.
It was apparent he was in the Metke marketplace, judging by the vast amount of thick animal hides and refrigeration tools present. Some of the stands had been moved to make a path, presumably for the caravan. It seemed all hell had broken loose, going by overthrown stands, and as usual eaten human bodies were present.

On his way back to the gathering hall, Edo came across a wagon accompanied by some guild knights, a few blocks away from the center of town (out of the market place). Over a dozen filled body bags were already on the large wagon.
The knights bagging and loading the bodies were wearing something similar to trench coats and long gloves, likely to keep themselves clean.
One knight had a clip board and was rapidly writing down notes.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Feeling immense relief at seeing Tyler alive and well, as she wants to make sure he gets home to his fiance and expected baby, Cyra greeted him, "Hey there, good to see you."

She then turns and puts on a cloak and gloves and grabs some body bags.

With a solemn heart Cyra begins the task of bagging the bodies. She gives them all the respect she can and she adds her tears to the ones already spilled for them as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Totoro couldn't help but release a sad chuckle when he saw the sign and thought of the activities past. Satisfied with his tour of the location he decided to head back to the gathering hall to see if there was anything he was needed for or if he should just find lodging.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Edo sighed a sad sigh, and continued to the guild. He would have offered to help, but there wouldn't have been much for him to do, as he was only a felyne.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Edo and Totoro arrived at the gathering hall complex at about the same time, seeing one another.
Some civilians were still present, receiving aid in one way or another.
There were still some wagons present, though most of them were gone.
One wagon was being used as transport for the wounded, moving those from the gathering hall to the hospital. Another wagon was being brought around to assist, it seemed.

~

After a solid minute of standing around doing nothing, Tyler approached the scribe. "Hey, you want me to help around here?" He asked.
"Yeah, sure, just, uh, help bag and load the bodies if you could. There's coats there if you need them."
"Alright, thanks." Tyler didn't bother to use a coat.

Hearing and seeing Cyra cry, he approached her and bent closer. "Hey, you shouldn't be doing this, you're hurt and... This is too much for you."

One of the knights suppressed vomiting.

-
ooc:
@Blaster and Sunfish: You're free to do whatever, really. Getting lodging is a good idea, and the hunter's lodging is right there. Expect it to be jammed full tonight, if not over loaded.
Other lodging would be available, though you'd have to find it first.
Also, if you have other things you'd like to be doing, throw ideas at me and we can try to work something out.

@Star: We can time skip whenever you're ready.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:36 pm

ooc: A quest or two couldn't hurt, I don't think. Just me, though.

"Hello." Edo greeted Totoro. After a nod, Edo went into the guild and looked for Elram.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Crya looked up at Tyler and offered him a watery smile, "Thank you, but I am ok. They deserve my tears."

Cyra continues to help with the bodies.

She feels totally drained both body and mind by the time they are finished, but she pushes through.
-

ooc: @DB: ok, ready for that time skip now.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 pm

ooc:
Blaster427 wrote:ooc: A quest or two couldn't hurt, I don't think.
Oh, it could hurt indeed.

Anyway, I suppose I should say that we're getting closer to ending the day. Some things to address would be lodging and food (don't expect the GH to be cooking).

-

The body wagon eventually reached close to the town wall, and final searches for bodies were made.
Another wagon was seen going around, accompanied only by monster hunters, which was collecting 'Prey bodies.
The former wagon was far more loaded, double stacked.

On the wagon's way back to the center of town, it picked up more bodies, though less then on its way out. The trip was quicker as well, because the bodies had been bagged and put together before hand (by another group of knights without a wagon).

And finally, the body wagon returned to the police station, where other body wagons had returned as well. Cyra estimated deaths close to a hundred, though maybe (hopefully) a score (twenty) less.
A couple of other hunters had joined Cyra (with Tyler) to help the knights.
Among other hunters that helped other wagons, the heavily white armored hunter was seen. David was seen as well. (I might assume Wells, but I shouldn't speak on Rekee's part.)

"Thank you for your assistance. If you want any compensation from the guild, just come in at a later date with this note." The scribe knight said to Cyra, Tyler and the two other hunters. He scribbled some notes down for a moment, then removed the piece of paper and tore it into four sections, handing a piece to each. His name and signature were present. "If you lose that, just find me and I'll cover for you. If you don't want anything, just rip it up and toss it."

~

Edo didn't find Elram anywhere in the gathering hall. It was still being used as a makeshift emergency room, though things were being cleaned up and less patients were there.
Upon searching the hunter's lodging building, Elram was still not found. Edo saw that a lot of hunters were signing in for the night though.
Upon asking someone, Edo found out that Elram had apparently gone home.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:07 am

"Thank you, but no thank you." Cyra said giving the scribe a tired smile and she tore up the note.

Realizing that she is exhausted, filthy, and that she should try and eat, Cyra heads off to the hunter's lodging to see what needs to be done about finding a room somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 am

Edo gave a nod and a thanks, then went over to the counter of the hunter's lodging. "Hello, nya. I'd like a room for the night, nya." Edo said, handing over the appropiate amount of zenny
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:29 am

ooc: I'll be much more free in January. Until then, I don't really want my absence to slow things down. You can bot Three Wells as you see fit, DB.

~~~

Among other hunters that helped other wagons, the heavily white armored hunter was seen. David was seen as well. (I might assume Wells, but I shouldn't speak on Rekee's part.)

Three Wells was among those hunters, helping in whatever they were doing.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Cyra's bandages and gauze also could have used replacing.

Both hunters (Edo and Cyra) had to wait in the fairly long line of hunters to get a room. Fortunately, the line wasn't out the door, but it was close. Hunters (and some civilian looking people, probably wagon drivers) were coming in as fast as they were getting rooms.

A sign was on the desk, probably what would have listed room types and prices for how long (single, double, one night, three nights, etc. etc.). However, over this sign was a big sheet of paper with hand writing on it reading "One night, ### zenni, rooming and bedding may vary, expect multiple roommates". There seemed to be two types of handwriting present, and some of the words (the last piece) seemed squeezed in later on.

Two people were working the desk. One was a middle aged portly man, and the other a woman of the same characteristics. They were just taking money, writing names and assigning rooms, not bothering with keys.

Edo was attended to by the man. After the exchange of money and information, the man said "Room 207, have a nice stay. Next." The leading "2" designated second floor.
Cyra was attended to by the woman. Much like with Edo, the woman ended with "Room 209, enjoy your stay. Next."

-
ooc:
I just assumed you two would stay there, as opposed to inquire about different lodging. If that is not the case, please say so and we'll rewind/edit accordingly.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Grateful, Cyra heads to her room.

Once there she will remove her weapons and helm and put them away for now.

Now she just needs to find out where she can clean up and change her bandages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Edo gave a nod, then went up to his room. He set his bow and gun next to him, but left his ammo belt on. He set the quiver next to the bow, then took off his armor, including the ammo belt. After giving his weapons and armor another inspectation, he climbed in bed; with his equipment next to him; and dozed off. He left a note (If he has room mates) that says: 'Wake me, and you'll have a new arrow on your head'
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Totoro walked up to a civilian somewhere outside of the guild hall and tapped on their leg, "Do you know of any good lodging around here, nya?"
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 pm

ooc:
I should have mentioned, the wages of the lodging would have been cheaper than usual/you'd expect.

-

On their way through the halls, Cyra and Edo saw mats and mattresses put out on the floors in the rooms, acting as beds other than those already there. Like the beds, they had pillows and blankets.
Hunter equipment was seen lying around, and some hunters were stripping their equipment.

Seeing as the gathering hall was still acting as an emergency room, medical supplies could probably be found there. If not, the hospital was a little ways to the south, and the day was not too old yet.

After cat napping for some length of time, Edo felt something like a small stick drop on him. After snapping awake, he found one of his arrows on his bed.
His note was run through by the arrow, now reading, "-Jordan the Melynx". Edo could picture the Melynx smug smile.

~

The scrubby man Totoro stopped paused for a moment to think out an answer. "I know there's a love motel down that way. Close to the farm, far from the police." He pointed southwest. "I think there's a inn that way too, close to the Julbo marketplace. Yeah, there's a restaurant nearby too." He pointed west.

-
ooc:
Ugh, I need to update this town. I don't even have a set location for Elram's house/estate.
I very well might end this RPG at a certain point, and reboot it with the Unknown Armies system.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:00 am

After getting out some clean clothes and making sure her hunting knife is at her thigh, Crya heads back down to the gathering hall to see about clean bandages and a place to clean up before changing them.

She leaves her helm and the rest of her weapons in the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 am

"NYARGH!!!! I'LL KILL THAT CAT!!!!!" Edo said, enraged that Jordan has the nerve to pick on Edo. Edo swiftly checked all his equipment.

ooc: What are my roomates (If any)?
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 pm

"Thank you, nya." Totoro said to the man before heading off towards the inn he had mentioned.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: We'll just say your roommates are not currently in the room. Some low rank equipment would be lying around though.

-

Totoro arrived at a familiar location. The place where the 'Prey lead by the Iodrome attacked. The restaurant the people holed up in, probably the one the man mentioned earlier.
Nearby, Totoro spotted another larger-than-average building, though it was smaller compared to the hunter's lodging. It was two stories tall, maybe ten meters wide and long. A hanging sign read "Westside Inn".

(Assuming Totoro Enters.)

There was a front desk and a standard lobby, with a sign of fares and a bell. The prices were cheaper compared to that of the hunter's lodging.
No one was at the front desk, though Totoro could hear/sense people within the building nearby.

~

Edo's equipment seemed to be in order. Seemed. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

~

There was less patients in the gathering hall than before. Those that remained seemed to be in really bad shape, probably not ideal to move around.
People were in the process of cleaning the place up and restoring it to its former functionality.
Cyra found one of the doctors who patched her up earlier. The one who acted as the assistant.

(Assuming she asks about cleaning up and new bandages.)

"There's bathing rooms next door and we've got clean water here. I could give you what you need and you could get someone to help you put them on, or just come back here."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

"Thank you." Cyra replies to the doctor. "I will go next door and clean up and then I will come back and have you help me with the bandages if you don't mind."

If that works out, Cyra will go and take her bath and then come back in her clean civilian clothes to have her bandages changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

"Hello?" Totoro called out, "Anyone there, nya?"
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Edo inspected his equipment VERY CLOSELY. When he said he'd kill that cat, he was just gonna talk sternly to him. Now he really WILL kill that cat!
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next