The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 6 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:09 am

ooc:
It does help if you're a little more specific though, just so I know where you're aiming. (I've just been assuming the neck because that's most vulnerable.)

-

Coming around from the other side, Aizen's blade struck the Cephalos neck once more, but didn't possess the same amount of power as the previous attack, so it didn't kill it right then and there.
The Cephalos managed to get completely unburied, now lying out on the ground about to stand up.

Some of the others could be seen running to assist, but they were still very far off.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Seeing that the others had the cephalose situation handled, Jati looked around for any apcerose that looked hostile. Just in case, he drew his sword and heafted his sheild--remembering that the beasts were weak at the legs, he crouched low.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 pm

"Ok I have all this meat in my hands...What Do I Do?! help anyone?" said walking around Leo helplessly.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 pm

The Apceros continued to mind their own business, barely responding to the group of hunters. They probably didn't think of them as too much of a threat, considering their advantage in size and numbers.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Pulling his blade away from the creatures neck again Aizen tries one final attempt to decapitate the creature. "Your fate is already Sealed" and with all his might swing his pole arm at the allready demolished side of the creatures neck

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 am

Seeing the hunters fight Leo ran to the side stayin on the rock, goes fairly far and sets up a little."Ok i gotta cook...they got the cephalos." Leo grabs a pike and sticks all the meat he can on the spit and lets it start cooking, than starts to season it."Ok Ardras said well done, jati said med. rare." Leo said as he pointed to the meat. "And the rest well done I guess."

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 am

ooc:
@SRK: Considering cooking meat will take some time, perhaps cook a bunch at once. : P
I got the idea from MHP3, where you take like a 10 foot pike, ram it through 10 meats, and cook them all at once (at the farm).

-

Aizen's third slash ended up being the final slash, since it cut even deeper into the already deep wound in the Cephalos' neck, reaching the spine and severing it, thus killing the piscine wyvern.
Only a few seconds after his little victory the others arrived, Aveket and Arsen. "Hey, good job." Arsen congratulated briefly as he surveyed the scene quickly, then looked around the surrounding area for any more of the piscine wyverns, seeing none at the moment.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 am

ooc:
@DB i edited my post and can u update me on wuts going on im lost. I know your fightin a cephalos but wut else?
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 am

ooc:
Most of the group is where you are, which would be about E4 on the map. It's a stone floor area, and there are some Apceros nearby, minding their own business for now.
All that's really going on there is you cooking.

Aizen (Spawn) decided to follow behind the group by a big distance, and ended up getting into a fight with a Cephalos as a result. He's still out in the sand area.
Arsen and Aveket (me and Glyph) decided to go back and help him, just in case.
The Cephalos is dead now though.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Holding the polearm with one hand braceing it agaisnt his back Aizen turns away from the creature. "Raquiscat en Pace" He takes 3 steps his eyes widen and he collapses to the ground.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 am

OOC: A couple of posts ago, SRK mentioned that he had all this meat in his hands, and asked what he should do with it. (Funny)
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Noticing the hunter fall to the ground, Andras sighed aloud. “Fucking heat exhaustion.” Taking a bottle of the fluid from his supplies he drank a bit of it, and advanced towards the fallen hunter.

“He’s probably dehydrated, gonna need a lot of water and possibly a few cool drinks to get him back to his senses. Probably could use something other than jerky to give him a bit of a boost as well.” Andras stated calmly, ready to assist in recovering Aizen.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Aveket sighed, and grabbed the hunter by his legs. "Let's get him out of here. The sun beating down on him won't help. And make sure that he gets plenty of water, because hopefully this isn't some kind of extremely obnoxious condition that reoccurs at the worst of times forcing us to take a long and ardous journey to try and find a cure while also revealing an oversized amount of backstory that somebody wouldn't want to normally share because it's very dark and full of remorse and tragedy, that usually involves a mysterious creature killing a loved one or family member." Aveket took a long couple of breaths. "But I'm sure it's not that kind.", he said cheerfully, although he sincerely knew that it was going to be a long day.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Andras nodded, almost hesitant to make a remark. "Indeed. Before we move him, I'm going to give him a bit of this Cool Drink and some water now."

Kneeling, Andras carefully propped the incoherent hunter up against his inner thigh and lower leg, pouring the substance into his mouth allowing it to slowly enter his throat, careful not to choke him.

OoC: I can't help but smile at that post, Glyph. Spawn, reactions please.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

ooc:
We'll have to assume Andras tagged along back to Aizen.

So the groups now are:
Stone floor area (around E4): Leo (SRK), Jati (YKK), Vlad (Gemneroth).
Back maybe one or two hundred yards: Andras (I forget), Arsen (me), Aveket (Glyph), Aizen (Spawn).

-

"Certainly hope not." Arsen said regarding Aveket's long winded yet precise description. Those kinds of conditions always sucked. (ooc: I lol'd.)

As Andras started administering fluids to the unconscious hunter Arsen got behind the patient, ready to haul him up onto his shoulders when the time came. "There was a cave up ahead where we could put him to cool him off." He said, squaring down and blankly watching Andras pour the fluids down Aizen's throat. "The issue is, there's a whole herd of Apceros in the way."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 pm

OOC: i laughed so hard i about pissed my self. Though thats what it is it will be told very slowly without going into a lot of detail. If any of you Noticed his name and remember Deathgods Fanfic and the characters i let him use you would connect the dots. though the creature is White Fatalis Killing his Grandfather (Starfall) its more of the reputation that his family has gotten from the fight between starfall and the black fatalis that destroyed Starfalls home village, and the name becomeing infamous.

Aizen was just laying there almost lifeless. "What Happened?" he muttered to himself not realizeing that anyone was near him.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 pm

"All done! Hell yeah!! Im the badest chief eva! Whos hongry!?" yapped Leo as he looked around too see 3 hunters dehydrated and 2 hunter standing there (jati nd vlad) stairing into spac...err sand (lol i had too). "Hey! you two! hello go help them!..." (No responce) "Man i swear...you two...them...Whatever watch my meat! NO Homo! (i mean u glyph)" Leo yells as he goes to help the others.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: Just to emphasize, the groups are separated by a few hundred yards, pretty much out of coherent communication range. We could shout, but it would be hard to understand each other.

-

"You passed out." Arsen answered Aizen, standing back up again and casting a shadow down on the newly awakened hunter. "You think you can walk?" He asked after, looking around the area again for any nearby Cephalos, seeing none.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:05 pm

"what happened to the Cephalos?" he said snaping back into conciousness at the sound of someone elses voice griping his polearm tightly

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

"There was only one," Aveket replied. "You practically cut its head off, which if I do say so myself, was pretty bad ass."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

"Good work on that thing, Aizen. Just keep in mind the brutal heat, and things should go much better for ya. Leo's served up some juicy meats up ahead, you're more than welcome to have some of mine if needed." Andras paused, hesitant to speak. "I'm not one to tell others how to work, but you might consider sticking with the group this time. Just a suggestion."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Deciding to make himself useful, Jati walked over to the pile of meat that Leo had deposited on the ground and began to prepare them to be cooked.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Standing up and seeing what was done to the cephalos. "You guys are pulling my leg right, there is no way i did all that and cant remember it." Putting his pole arm into its sheath he walked over to the creature and said a prayer. "And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti"(bonus points if you know where i got that.) He stood again. "I guess its time that i get out of this sun finally right?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

"Indeed, you should probably take a load off for a few, and get some fluids in you." Andras stated, impressed at the hunters vocabulary.

OoC: Boondock Saints of course. All we need now is for the Cephalos to say "Me coolo...!"
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am

After another few minute walk the hunters were all reunited at the stone floor area, and during that time enough meat had been cooked to hold the hunters over for awhile.
The Apceros had continued to mind their own business, randomly walking around, grazing, and staring. As Arsen mentioned before though, they were right in the way of the group's intended path, and given their territorial nature, they probably wouldn't let the group pass without a fuss.

"So, uh, we're headed that way." Arsen said pointing to the cave entrance across the area past all the Apceros, more for the sake of the two who hadn't back tracked to Aizen. "Do we wanna eat now and then rush through? Or the opposite, keeping in mind cool an' hot drinks." He was fortunate that his last cool drink was awhile back, but he wasn't sure of the others.

-
ooc:
If you're under the affects of a cool drink and in a cold area, you will become dangerously cold.
The same idea for hot drinks and hot areas.
The two drinks would cancel each other out if both consumed, but to get the desired affect of one you'd have to drink a lot of it, to overpower the other. The drawback of that, on top of wasting supplies, is that it would take affect for a long time, etc etc.

You guys get what I'm kind of saying?
Also, taking a few sips of a drink would give you its affects for a few minutes. This would make it easy to switch to the other drink at most any given time.

Let's try to keep this alive, despite Andras' new RPG. : P
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:45 pm

"Those stubborn things always seem to show at the wrong time. Wonder if the egg is in that cavern somewhere?" Andras stated, collecting his nice flank of grilled Cephalos. "Lucky for us, Apceros aren't the fastest herbivore's out there." Taking a large bite of it prior to wrapping it back up, the hunter focussed on one of the creatures club like tails, protrusions and all. "I know I wouldn't want to be hit by their tails, thats for sure."

Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Arsen went over to the pile of cooked food and grabbed a piece for himself using his free arm. With both arms them, one half holding his sword, he tore off a small piece then set the rest back down.
Using his free arm again, though now holding the piece of meat, he unlatched the connectors of his face guard, exposing his face and allowing him to eat without issue. While he waited for the others to decide on a course of action he did just that, figuring he could finish the small piece before they decision was made.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 am

Jati had already had his fill of meat; beaing one of the ones to cook it in the first place. He sat against a large rock and contentedly patted his stomach.
"Give me a little bit to digest this meal. After that I'm good to go." he sighed.

OOC: I had a cool drink a while ago. Duno if its affects are still on me.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 pm

"Well, if we're going to get inside of that cave, some apceros are going to have to die. Unless anyone has a way of getting them to move? I still have a flare for my gun, which could probably frighten some of them into moving. Also, we need to decide what to do with the meat we've already cooked. Unless we divide it evenly, there will probably be too much for one person to carry and fight. If we were to kill some apceros, there would be plenty more potential cutlets for cooking. The most important thing to do right now though, is to get out of the sun, especially with all of this..." Aveket gestured towards the uneaten meat, "bait... If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that 3 piscine worth of meat left out under the hot desert sun is a BAD idea, more than ever with a rathian known to be in the area."

OOC: Not positive about rathian's sense of smell, but I'm guessing that even fucking Voldemort could smell this feast.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:18 am

ooc:
I'm sort of pulling this number out of my butt right now, but we could say there's about twenty+ Apceros.
Given the size of the area though, they're considerably spread out. A few of them might be huddled up together though, particularly young with parents.
As Andras said, they're not particularly fast. Their in-game speed is probably a good representation (maybe a little faster if they hit full speed). The tails though, namely the spikes, are dangerous.

I'm not really sure how much meat was gathered, but I think a little waste is inevitable. (Can you imagine how much material is wasted in game?)
The Rathian could probably smell our food if she were flying through the air, but her coming down or not would mostly depend on if she were hungry or not.

-

Arsen swallowed the piece of cooked meat he'd put in his mouth. "I was gonna say just rush through, but if you think that flare gun will make an opening." He shrugged, holding off on taking another bite. "Considering we're going to be raiding the Rathian's nest, do we even want to take cooked meat with us? The scent could lead her right to us." Once he was done talking he took another bite.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next