The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 16 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by Trey Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 am

Occ: srry ive been really busy lately. Anyhow i cant take Leo back now.

Leo sees the genpray closest to the 'drone kinda getting progressivly away from him. Leo sneaks around to get a get into a good position and charges at the 'pray.

occ: idk how to do that spoiler thing lol but im going for a O attack with the duel blades like on MH.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:51 am

Arsen raised his longsword up above his head and approached the Gendrome, mindful of Jati going around to its backside.
Meanwhile, Aveket tore his pick out of the deceased Genprey's chest, which required a little bit of effort and focus.

The Gendrome let out a weak bark at the two approaching hunters, then turned south and ran out to the sandy desert. With three of its pack members down in just a few moments, even the wild animal knew it was time to retreat.

The remaining Genprey followed suit, getting away before Leo could attack. Given the speed of the raptors, the hunters wouldn't be able to catch up, however tracking the Gen' through the sand wouldn't be hard at all.
Off in the sandy plains, one of the retreating Apceros from earlier had been ambushed by Cephalos. The other Apceros just continued to run.

Arsen lowered his sword again, satisfied with the turnout of the fight. "Everyone alright?" He asked, expecting the answer to be yes but asking anyway.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:16 pm

"I'm fine." Jati sighed as he sheathed his blade. "How is Andras and the egg?"
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 am

ooc:
I guess I'm botting Andras for now.
This is like the last time he was out for a long time, though I still fear something bad came up. I'll send him an email.

-

Having been watching the fight from the cave tunnel, Andras came out into the sunlight with the egg still cradled in his hands. He continued towards the group across the stone floor.

Arsen looked over at the armorless hunter, seeing he was unharmed as expected.
He then got out a blood rag from one of his pouches and started wiping down his sword.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:17 pm

ooc:
Andras informed me that his great grandmother passed away at age 93, and he wanted me to spread the word.
He was out of town without his laptop, hence his absence. Everything's okay though, and he'll be back with us in due time.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:10 pm

OOC: Oh well then tell Andras we're sorry. Hope he's ok.

Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:56 pm

OOC: I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope he's okay, I remember how sad I was when my great grandfather died.

"I'm fine," Aveket replied to Arsen's inquiry. He cleaned as much of the organs and blood off of his picks as he could before putting them away.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:36 am

Once he was done wiping down his blade Arsen returned his blood rag to its pouch. He kept the sword out though, as it was likely going to be needed for the trek across the sandy plain to the base camp.

"Does anyone wanna take anything before we get moving?" He asked the group in general, standing up with his sword held over his shoulder.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:21 pm

"I think I'll take their fangs if no one else wants them." Jati said, moving to the nearest genpray and withdrawing his carving knife. The then carefully cut around the fang and toxic sacks, keeping them together. He then wrapped both of them in a cloth and stored them in his back pack. "Anyone else want a few?" he asked over his shoulder.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:18 pm

"I'm alright." Arsen said to Jati, watching the sky to the north. "I'm just lookin' to get back to the base camp as soon as possible."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

"Make it quick," Aveket snapped at Jati. "We don't want the flying sky bitch to show up any time soon."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Occ: mad late i know but Andras I am sorry. I wish u the best for u and ur family. Give them my Love.

"Come on hurry up guys I dnt want the bitch after us anymuch longer. Lets go! On the base camp!" Leo said nervously.

Last edited by Trey on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ty glyph)
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 pm

OOC: lolwut!? The drome ran away.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:12 am

ooc:
@Trey: As Glyph said, the Gendrome already ran away (along with the remaining Genprey). They're too fast for you to keep up with, let alone catch up to.

@Everyone: If I am extremely inactive in the near future (next few weeks, this one included), don't be surprised. School business has kind of reached a peak.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

Occ: @17dragonboy Ok understood.
@Glyph Lmao i edit my post xD Ty man
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:42 pm

"Agreed." Jati grunted, extracting the final fang with a good yank. "I'm all set. Lets get the fuck out of here."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm

ooc:
I guess I'm not quite as occupied as I made myself out to be (or I'm not doing the amount of work I should be doing (probably the latter)). Still though, if I'm absent, don't be surprised.

I assume everyone wants to get going back to the base camp.

-

After Jati had collected some fangs from one of the slain Genprey, the group continued onward east towards the base camp.

The Gendrome and remaining Genprey continued off south west. They passed by a few Cephalos along the way, but went uninterrupted for whatever reason.
Far ahead of the two raptors was a stone mountain, the inside of which was carved out by a body of large body of water. (ooc: See map.)
There was also a path leading into the mountain. Perhaps the Gen' were headed there. Not that it mattered to the hunters, walking across the hot dessert sands once more.

The disturbance caused by the fleeing Apceros drew the attention of the Cephalos away from the hunters. Some of the unfortunate herbivores were being torn apart by the piscine wyverns, while others combated their predators in groups. The two sides were essentially equal.

Ahead of the hunters though, there were still Cephalos wandering the sands in wait of potential prey.
Of the entire distance the hunters needed to cover to reach the stone floor area leading to the base camp, the hunters had only traversed about a quarter.

The skies were absent of the queen of the land.

Longsword still held over his shoulder with one arm, Arsen took the break between fights to drink some of his cool drink. He struggled a bit with only one hand, pushing the cap on the side to unscrew it, but eventually he opened the container, drank from it, and screwed it shut again, returning it to his hip afterward.

-
ooc:
We're in the home stretch here. I just don't want to say "the hunters walked across the desert, reached the base camp, the end."

I'm realizing the geography of the map and the locations of the monsters don't quite make sense.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm

OOC: Grunting and yanking aside, I'm sure that if we don't tire ourselves out (and if we can avoid too much of a mess) then we'll achieve a satisfying end. And so we're just walking back to camp now?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 pm

ooc:
Glyph wrote:And so we're just walking back to camp now?
Yeah, pretty much.
I think just walking would be more entertaining if this RPG lent itself to more role playing, because you'd all be able to walk and talk.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm

OOC: So we're just going to write this one off as over?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 pm

ooc:
Well, I was thinking you guys might have stuff to say, or something. I just want to give everyone a chance to post, if they have anything.
I don't like covering half the map in just one post either, or jumping the amount of time it would take to do so.

It might be kind of a necessary evil though, if there's nothing to do really. That's why I think being more able to role play would make this essentially uneventful walk more interesting.

But, uh, yeah. I'd like to give the others a chance to post.

-

As the hunters continued along, they could see the corpses of the Cephalos they'd defeated long ago in the distance. They were as the group had left them.

The stone floor area with all the Apceros they'd run through started to be able to be seen as well, being more a matter of viewing angle than distance.

Arsen surveyed the area ahead for Cephalos that might cross their path, gauging their direction of travel and speed with the group of hunters'. He made sure to check the sides and back too, less they be flanked from those directions.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

"Hey! Aren't we missing someone!?" Aveket exclaimed. He recounted the number of people in the party. Once again, he came up short. "Who are we missing?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 pm

"Are we?" Jati slowed his pace and looked at the rest of the group. "Hmm, is it the hunter who distracted the rathian for us? I can't remember the man's name damn it."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 pm

ooc:
@Glyph/Everyone: I'm guessing you're all referring to the character Coyote took over, whom the Rathian did in.

There was also Spawn's character though, "Aizen." Don't pay this character any mind. Either assume he's just tagging along with us, or that he never was with us.

-

"Vlad." Arsen said solemnly.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue May 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Andras, overhearing the group talking assumed it was safe to come out from cover. Making his way over to the group, still sporting his prized possession he remained silent until relatively close to the group. "Excellent work, comrades. Tis' a shame about Vlad. I hope the guild can recover his body, or at least his possessions to send back to his family. Maybe I can catch a ride back with them and recover my wares."

Looking the surroundings over, Andras grinned. "Looks like you all did a number on those 'Gen. I've not seen a Drome flea like that unless mortally wounded. I don't know about you all, but I'm ready to be free of this damned desert."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed May 04, 2011 8:40 pm

The group continued along through the desert, the sun beating down on them all the while. They had about half the distance left to go.

They grew further and further away from the Apceros and Cephalos warfare. Consequently, the density of Cephalos ahead was increasing. It was a little less than what it would have been though, because of the Cephalos they'd slain awhile back.

The Rathian still made no appearance.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu May 12, 2011 7:17 pm

After some more trekking the group arrived back at the stone floored area leading to the base camp, uninterrupted by the local Cephalos or queen of the land. The secluded area was as the hunters had left it; empty.

They entered the underground base camp shortly after, and the egg was secured inside the red delivery chest.
The carrier pigeons were released and a transportation wagon would arrive the next morning.

The quest was complete, worth the hardship and sacrifice or not.

-
ooc:
I figured I should end this RPG now. Not much else was going to happen anyway (I was debating another Cephalos fight, but decided against it).

If you guys are still around and willing, I'd like to just ask the simple questions:
What were some things that you liked about this RPG?
What were some things you did not like about this RPG, or think could be improved on?
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

OOC: Well let's see...I'm not sure. It's hard for me to criticize. I guess it would be nice to have a more defined combat system down. Kinda like D&D but obviously not as complicated or involved. Not sure if that makes sense. The quest could have been more orrigional, but it was still fun. Other than those two minor things I think you did a good job mate. The discriptions of the area, monsters, etc were good and you kept it at a fast pace.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16