The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 14 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Blaster427 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Edo sighed, knowing this is pointless; he knows he'd be much better off not sniping. He dropped the gun, and went back down. "So, nya, you think you can fell a Rathalos on your own, nya?" Edo was circling the flyne, being wary of the pickaxes. "Lets see how you attack, nya!" Edo said, readying his shield. He kept the sword sheathed, and had the shield in a blocking position. "If you can get past my shield, nya, I'll start to believe you, nya!" Edo taunted. Edo apparently either didn't hear or is ignoring David.

ooc: I never mentioned this, figuring it wasn't important, but Edo doesn't like it when someone's cocky; especially not when it's a felyne. For some reason, it boils him. It's not known why, though.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 am

ooc:
Just for the record, duels to the death would be legal, just as long as both sides agree and there's no foul play (cheap shots and the like are fine, just nothing like, for example, hiding among civilians).
It's gotta be safe for everyone else though, and collateral damage isn't good.

-

Cyra's shouting out the window was essentially ignored.

"I'm sure the lodging staff will get around to it, nya." Jordan responded to Cyra as he pounced onto the windowsill. "Oooh! It appears there's a duel." He looking out, almost like he was delighted, smiling as normal.

Edo was down on the ground with his sword and shield (sword away), apparently facing off with the green Felyne.

~

"Tch, I ain't neva said I could take down the monsta ma'self." The green Felyne corrected, holding his two pickaxes in a ready position. He had about a meter of rope connecting the two weapons, and the wrists harnesses were not slung around his wrists. Another green braided rope, about three meters in length, was visible on his person.

"We've got more important things to deal with than pride!" David intervened again, stepping between the two Felyne to emphasize his point.
"Piss off human! This ain't none'ya fuckin' con'san!"

The civilians were now aware of the duel and paying attention. Some, primarily women, couldn't watch, and no one was exactly cheering for it to happen.

-
ooc:
I'm neutral on whether or not this fight happens, I'm just acting out characters as I think they would act.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:44 am

ooc: *sees Jordan* He's the culprit behind all this chaos! *stabs*

btw, Picking a fight with a GM character + free form rules = usually not a good idea. My two cents.

~~~

"This is," Three Wells said, stepping in beside David, "every bit of our concern."

"One, every injury on our side reduces our ability to defend."

"Two, the effort and materials spent to heal your wounds and repair your equipment, would be better spent on people who got hurt by monsters."

"Three, your pride-fueled animosity could be better spent helping us all. Like racking up the highest prey count in this town or something."
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 am

Cyra smiles at Jordan, "Thank you," she tells him ans takes off downstairs.

If there is one thing she can not stand it is males who act like idiots, she had enough of that with her brothers. And that thought just got her temper going even more. Oh boy, she can see what is coming and can do nothing to stop herself.

As soon as she gets outside, she quickly makes her way over to the spectacle and with out breaking stride picks Edo right up off the ground.

"What is the matter with you two, do you not think we have better things to do than you two having some sort of pissing contest. This will in no way help the people of this town who need it so badly."

"Three Wells is right in everything that he just said, so put your shit away and use that energy for better purposes."

"Why you men have to be such damn idiots is beyond me."

Turning to the green felyne, "I am sure you have much to be proud of, but rubbing it in others faces making them sound like less than you is just bullshit. We all have our moments of pride, it is how you act with them that matter."

Realizing that she has just had her temper flare in front of everyone only makes her more angry and embarrassed.

"You made me lose my temper and swear too, god dammit, I haven't done that since I was with my brothers."

She looks at Edo, who she is still holding, "Do you think you can behave now and play nice. And if you tell me yes just so I will put you down and you go back at it, You will be sorry."

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:40 am

Edo gulped while nodding. Once Cyra put him down, he'd apoligize to the felyne and go back to his gun and bow, checking them and maintaining them.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:17 pm

ooc:
Rekee Soen wrote:btw, Picking a fight with a GM character + free form rules = usually not a good idea. My two cents.
I'd say much of that depends on the game master, and the power of the character in question (compared to the player character).
I would have tried to give Edo a fair chance, and try to have carried things out logically and all that. There would have been competition probably, but my bets would have been on the green Felyne.
It would be nice to have a system for stuff like this though.

If I had thought of the matter of duels when making up these characters, I probably would have mentioned that the green Felyne has partaken in a few duels (some to the death).

-

The green Felyne was quiet during the lectures, still maintaining his angry expression though.

"I think now would be a good time to get the hunting parties together." Elram said, standing outside with a blank expression. "Before that, we should know what's still out there. What monsters did you slay on your way here?" He asked the collection of medium rank hunters.

-
ooc:
@Blaster: For the record, I'm assuming the apology hasn't happened (yet, if ever).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Cyra puts Edo down and watches him carefully.

"Hello sir," Cyra says with a big smile, she is feeling very embarrassed that he witnessed her temper.

"What a great idea, I could go for a hunt right about now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Edo was trembling in fear, not wanting to taste Cyra's temper again. "I-I'm sorry." He apoligized to both of them. "N-now, I-I better g-get my w-weapons, n-nya." Edo quickly dashed up to the roof of the guild, getting his gun and bow. He then stayed on the roof, listening to Elram's speech.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 pm

"Just a few Ioprey for us Rulbo hunters, nya." Totoro answered Elram, "We almost got the 'Drome but he escaped after my daring plan failed."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 pm

"Iodrome's dead. Me an' Ortay bagged it on our way en." The green Felyne said.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:49 pm

"From Metke Hunters, David took out various prey and then we took down a Gendrom, and while meeting up with the other caravans we took out several more prey as well." Cyra informs Elram.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 am

"The only thing left should be some 'Prey then." Elram said after a moment of thought.

The tall, big and loud heavy bowgunner from earlier came out from the hunter's lodging up next to Elram. "We're organizing the hunting parties now, if you could call everyone here, please." Elram said to him, looking up high.

After a nod, the loud hunter walked off to the north. "ALL MONSTER HUNTERS, COME HERE!!!" He could be heard roaring into the distance, cupping his hands to his mouth.

Less than half a minute later; "ALL MONSTER HUNTERS, COME HERE!!!" The loud hunter must have been working his way around the area, summoning all of the monster hunters that were guarding the perimeter.

A few minutes after he left and repetitions later, he came around from the south, having come full circle. "All civilians, please go inside!" He said to the body of civilians, either unable to shout any more or not bothering.

Over the coarse of a few minutes, monster hunters from around the area gathered to the east of the complex, and at the same time the civilians filtered back into the hunter's lodging building.
Small airships could be seen coming from multiple directions, maybe three stories high in altitude. There were at least five of them.

Among the returning monster hunters was the heavily white armored large shield bearer. There were at least thirty monster hunters gathered, primarily lower rank.
Elram has said some things to his apparent announcer, who again nodded. "We are forming hunting parties to clear out the remaining 'Prey in the city. There are no other monster types." The loud hunter began. "There are seven airships that will be our eyes in the sky and communicate through flares. Divide yourselves into eight groups, and try to balance out fighting ability. Three to four hunters per group should be enough. Once groups are formed, areas to scan will be assigned."

Hunters began looking around at one another, trying to find people they recognized, particularly those from the same town.

It was later in the day now, probably three or four hours after midday

-
ooc:
I kind of need to figure out how this'll be carried out. There will probably be short time skipping (splitting up the players, especially to the point where they're alone with NPC's, doesn't seem ideal/fun).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 pm

After the speech was done, Crya wanders among the group until she finds David to see how the grouping will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Edo, not wanting to hunt wit The Climber, looks for David to see who Edo will be with.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:44 pm

"Hey Wells, let's group up, nya." Totoro said as he walked up to him, "We should probably grab Felric too."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:12 pm

"We're making groups of three or four, and each group is going to search out a part of the city." David explained to Cyra, which Edo overheard. It seemed he hadn't found a group yet.

As Totoro and Wells probably noticed, the green Felyne wasn't looking for a group, though he wasn't going off yet either. He still had a dirty look on his face.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 am

Three Wells nodded at Totoro's suggestion to team up. Then he said: "I'm fine teaming up with anyone. I'll leave the choosing to you."
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 am

Seeing Edo, Cyra asks him, "Would you like to hunt with us?"

After the earlier incident she is not sure it he wants to hunt with her or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:30 am

Seeing Cyra, Edo starts trembling again. Not wanting to get on her nerves, he says, "S-sure, nya." While nodding.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Totoro walked up to Felric and tapped him on the shoulder, "How bout you team with us like the good old days, nya."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 pm

The small airships started to organize and navigate themselves into directions, some starting to go ahead. There were nine of them.

Climber happened to be partially facing Totoro's way when he came, so he noticed his Orange counterpart coming, thus shoulder tapping was not needed.

"Fine." He said, going off to Elram.

(Assuming Totoro and Wells follow.)

"Hmm, you said you wanted to see the smith, right?" Elram asked, noticing Wells was in the group. "It's down south east, so we'll send your group down that way. Fel'ric can help you find it."
Climber let out a grunt, looking away.

~

"Alright, let's see Elram then." David said before walking over to Elram.

They had to wait for a couple of other groups to get assigned their direction before they were up.

"You'll be going south to the arena. Avoid actually going into the arena though, for crime investigation reasons."

-
ooc:
It just dawned on me that this is a good chance for me to flush out the city. The issue is, I haven't really got things precisely thought out (granted I am sending each of the groups to places of interest).
That town map is due for an update. Now's not a good time for me to do so though.

@Glyph: I suppose you could either hop in one of the two player groups, or jump into an NPC group (you'll get your share of important stuff too).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm

"The arena...? Nya! There may be more prey there than anywhere else, nya, so we better be careful." Edo said.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Crya starts walking south towards the arena and the area they are to flush out.

"Don't worry," she says to Edo, "they are only prey, we will be fine."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:04 pm

"After you, Climber," said Three Wells. "You know this place better than we do."
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Chirozay caught up to Edo and Cyra. "Mind if I tag along?" he asked, looking about a foot above Cyra's forehead as he did so.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Edo nodded. "Sure, nya." Then, looking at Cyra's stomach wound and stitches, "You better be careful, nya. Don't over do yourself." Then, a stupid idea hit Edo. "Here, nya. It's my Bowgun. It may be small, but you should be able to use it, nya. I got my bow, so don't worry about me." Edo handed Cyra his Bowgun, explaining to her in detail how it works, then he handed her his ammo bag. "I got Crags, Normals, and Pierces, nya." He said as he handed her the ammo pouch.

ooc: Basically, load in ammo, then fire. That easy! :-P
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:49 pm

"The 'Prey have probably all left the arena in search of food." David said regarding the matter of 'Prey presence.

"I would have said to just rest, though I doubt you'd listen." He said to Cyra regarding her well-being. It was hard to tell if he was joking or not.

As the south group proceeded in their designated direction, they came across another large building a few blocks down from the gathering hall complex. A big red cross denoted that it was the town hospital.
A couple of Aptonoth drawn wagons were outside, probably carrying medical supplies beforehand. Some monster hunters were nearby as well. It would make sense that people were inside as well, doctors and wounded people particularly.

The small airship was keeping pace with the group, passing slightly. It was low enough that clear shouting communication was possible.

~

Without responding to Wells, Climber put his pickaxes away into two harnesses he had on his back. Once done, he found a way up onto a rooftop, scaled it, then went ahead (southwest), not waiting for the others.

The small airship was keeping pace with the group, passing slightly. It was low enough that clear shouting communication was possible.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Edo was standing on the dge, keeping a sharp lookout for prey. He had an arrow knocked, and will fire it at the first prey he sees.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:15 pm

ooc:
Clarification: You're not in the boat. It's following you guys in the sky. It's your eye in the sky (if they see something, they'll let you know).
However, you could call it down and hop aboard, if you wanted. Granted, that would make aiming harder, compared to rooftops or ground.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Turning to Edo, "Thank you for thinking of me, but I can not take your gun, I am not familiar with it and I am more comfortable with my own weapons, but thank you again."

Cyra gives Edo back his gun and amo.

Addressing David, with a brilliant smile she turns to him, "You are right, I probably wouldn't have listened to you." she says with a laugh. "But don't worry, I will let you know if I have any problems."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next