The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 15 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Edo sighed. "Just be careful." Edo said, concern in his voice. He climbed up onto a roof, and started towards the arena. If he saw any prey, he'd take out his bow, knock an arrow, and shoot it, but being very careful not to shoot his allies, especially not Cyra.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:26 pm

The southbound group continued around and past the hospital, and the eye in the sky overtook them by a few meters.

A little distance away, they found an Aptonoth corpse right in the streets. Like some of the human bodies before, it had been picked almost bare to the bone.
No harnesses were present, and it had been decaying for at least a day or two.

The street the corpse was on was particularly torn apart. It looked like a herd of monsters ran through, which was quite a likely occurrence, actually.

"This must be a farm Aptonoth." David commented, looking the unfortunate herbivore over.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Edo gulped. He had a bad feeling about this Arena. Climbing down to the others, Edo says, "They must of came through here by the looks of things, nya. If there's a body here, we're likely to see more as we near the Arena." Edo then went back to his roofs, making his way to the Arena via roof top.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:33 am

Seeing the Aptonoth corpse, Cyra keeps her eyes sharp for any movement that might suggest prey are anywhere near.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:19 pm

The southbound could see the arena in the horizon for the majority of their travel. The circular structure seemed to be at least three stories tall, probably six times wider in diameter.
As the group neared, the amount of human corpses present increased tremendously. Over a dozen were scattered around the blood caked streets, torn to shreds with parts of their skeletons crushed. The smell of death was overbearing, as were scavenging flies.
Only one 'Prey corpse was present, fully intact besides decomposition and some battle damage.

The group was upon the north side of the arena though, confirming its large dimensions. They could see a dome cage on top acting as a roof, which was meant to keep flying monsters inside.

There was a big ramp leading down underneath the coliseum, with two large gates opened, the doors going in.

The airship had yet to say anything.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Cyra is feeling the weight of all of the people who lost their lives here, it is a sad thing. This firms her resolve even more to set things to rights.

Turning to her companions, "Shall we go in and see if there is anything lingering still?"

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 pm

"Elram didn't want us going in. It might interfere with the investigations. I doubt any 'Prey would go back down there anyway." David said.

There was a small airship bay nearby, though no airships were present.

To the east and west individually, the group could see large patches of farm land. It appeared to be grazing land, because there were no crops present. There were also several devoured Aptonoth scattered throughout each field. Nothing living was present in either field, though the field to the east was where the Azure Rathalos was seen earlier.

A shorter, less fortified fence blocked the fields off from the rest of the town, enough to keep the Aptonoth formerly inside from wandering off. Some parts of these fences were broken down. Farm buildings were at the perimeter of this fence, some basically part of it.
Blocking off the fields from the wild was the town fence, which was much taller and robust.

-
ooc:
See the town map (first post) for a better idea of what I mean.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Edo was not happy at seeing so many deaths. He ignored David, and jumped onto the outer wall of the arena. He started scaling in until he was on top. He looked down, being careful not to disturb any evidence.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:23 am

"Edo get down here!" Cyra shouts up at him, "We are not supposed to go in there, weren't you listening."

Looking around her and seeing the broken fences she wondered how many prey had gotten out that way.

"Should we check out those fields and the buildings that are close, or stick to the town do you think?" she asks her companions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 am

"No, nya! The prey must be in here! I won't let them live, nya!" Edo shouted, climbing the outer wall again. He would not go in until he confirmed there were prey in there.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:11 pm

ooc:
For those who don't check Minegarde, Sunfish is out until Monday.
Depending on the progress made by the two groups, there might be time skipping involved for the southeast group.

We'll assume there's a ladder (probably a few) on the side of the arena.

To clarify about the fences that were broken (on the inside of the town's border);
Aptonoth would have been kept inside these fences, like livestock. The fences were there to keep them from wondering into the town.
The 'Prey could pretty easily jump these fences. A child could slip through easily too. (Picture a stake in the ground with two pieces of wood going to the next stake).
What likely happened was, the 'Prey saw the Aptonoth inside and went in to attack. The Aptonoth then likely fled, breaking down the fence that trapped them.

-

"Damn problem child..." David grumbled.

The top of the arena was a stone ring a couple meters in thickness, which one could easily walk along. Inside the stone ring was the dome cage acting as a roof, arching only a few feet above its base. The metal rods making up the cage were maybe a centimeter or so thick.
One could easily enough climb across the cage top, though walking would present a high risk of one's foot falling through.

Inside (through the cage), Edo could see the battle grounds of the arena, and the observation stands, both of which were circular about the center. The stands were protected by another cage over them, which had numerous support beams.
No 'Prey could be seen in the battleground or the stands. Trapdoors could be seen about the arena floor though, probably leading to the dungeon where the monsters were kept. The large ramp leading underneath the arena probably lead to the same place.

"I think the other groups will get the fields. Other than the other side of the arena, which the airship will check for us, I think we're all clear." David said to Cyra.
The airship was about halfway over the arena.

-
ooc:
Just for the record, it is very possibly to skew evidence without knowing it.
Considering the monsters were held in the dungeon, that's probably where the majority of the crime took place.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:37 pm

"Edo get down here now!!!!" Cyra shouted up to him, "If you don't come down now, I will leave you here for whatever wants to eat you!"

Cyra then walks over to David, "Ok, sounds good, so after we check in with them, do we go back to town?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:39 pm

When Edo heard Cyra shouted, he jumped high, hair on edge. He nearly fell through the cage. While trembling like no tomorrow, he carefully climbed down. He was very sure to stay far away from Cyra as he said, "A-all c-clear, n-nya."
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:50 pm

ooc:
I can't help but find Cyra's mood transition funny.

-

"Assuming we're all clear, yeah, we'll head back and report." David said to Cyra.

The miniature blimp continued along, eventually overseeing the other side of the arena. It made no announcement of monster presence, and began turning around. The group could make out one of the people aboard giving a thumbs up.

-
ooc:
Just so people aren't paranoid, there is a chance there are no 'Prey left. They've been running around for three days now in a very hostile environment (hostile because monster hunters have also been going around, plus people may have firearms of their own).
(In retrospect, having all of those 'Prey and 'Drome in the beginning may have been a bit much.)

At the same time, there very well could be some running around (hence this purging).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:13 pm

"W-well, n-nya, I-I c-couldn't s-see i-inside t-the d-dungeon w-where t-they k-keep t-the m-monster f-for t-the a-arena f-fgihts, n-nya, s-so t-there m-may s-still b-be s-some p-prey i-in t-there, n-nya." Edo said, still trembling.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Cyra just shook her head at Edo's trembling.

She then waits with David to see if they head back to report now that the blimp has given a thumbs up.

Maybe there will be something else they can do when they get back.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 pm

"It's unlikely. They're more likely to be out in the town in search of food and water." David said, equally displeased with Edo.

The group turned around and began their journey back to the center of town, with the airship close behind. They passed through the body filled streets once more. The area was probably the first struck when the monsters were released, and the least prepared. Like when the caravans first arrived in the town, there was no one around.

It had taken the group less than half an hour to get from the center of town to the arena.
It took them about the same time the other way.

Halfway through the walk back, the airship tossed down a note (rock with paper tied). In summary, it said that they were going to remain where they were, to continue to watch over the area (just in case).

When the group returned to the gathering hall complex, there were only a few monster hunters outside, scattered around the area, probably on watch duty.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Upon reaching the gathering hall, Crya turns to David, "Shall we go and find Elram and report in?"

On a totally different thought, Crya realizes that she needs to do something about getting her armor fixed so everyone doesn't keep seeing her belly wound. She also thinks it would be a good idea to give it a little more protection while it heals.

But that is for later after they report in and see if anything else needs to be don.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 pm

ooc:
I forgot that Chizoray was with the southbound group (and basically missed the whole thing). At least nothing important really happened.

-

"Yeah." David said, leading the way inside the front door of the hunter's lodging building.

A Melynx (who Cyra recognized) was standing on the reception desk, smiling wide. "Oh, nya, if it isn't Cyra, easily provoked and the other two town heroes." He greeted. "Back from your patrol?"
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Smiling widely at the melynx, "Hello Jordan," she greets. "What do you mean easily provoked?" she asked still smiling. She knows she didn't do well in loosing her temper, but darn it, it wasn't totally her fault, she just tried to help.

"I am a real sweetheart, I will have you know," she teases him. "So, did we miss anything while we were gone?"

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:10 pm

"Nya, I was referring to him." Jordan said bluntly, pointing at Edo. "Though you seem quite easy to set off too, nya." Despite his insults, he was still smiling, making it hard to tell if he was joking or not.

-
ooc:
I love playing as this character. :-P
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:17 am

"Are we there yet?" Three Wells hollered to the airship above him. So far, he hasn't seen any weapons smith. No prey either.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 am

OOC: Chirozay's not very talkative usually. I was also gone all day, sorry.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:53 am

Cyra just burst out laughing at what Jordan had said.

"You are as bad as my brothers," she tells him with a radiant smile, "and I mean that as a good thing"

Used to the insults and teasing, Cyra thinks nothing of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 am

ooc: I bet you do like playing as Jordan. You've used him two different times. Felyne's Envoy was the other time.

"Nyargh!" Edo growled at Jordan. Edo then looked around for Elram to report that no prey were there.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:37 am

ooc:
I've actually used Jordan a few times.
His first appearance was in a fan fiction story (years ago).
Second was in a detective RPG (probably a year or so ago too, on the old website).
Third was Felyne's Envoy, and fourth is this.
I can see him popping up in the future too.

-

(Southwest)

One of the airship crewmen gave Wells a thumbs down. Granted, they probably didn't know of his agenda to see the monster smith.

Climber had run ahead a few blocks via the rooftops, but eventually stopped on top of one, where he waited for the others to catch up.
It was another large building, having a very wide land area though only a single story tall. Numerous chimneys protruded from its roof, among other kinds of exhausts and a few other things.
A sign hung from the front reading "Monster Smith." It seemed to have been made of compressed monster bone, a large rectangular sheet with the letters pressed in. The letters had also been filled in with black ink of some kind.

The doors of the building were left open, and a few 'Prey corpses were outside, each shot to death by either bolts or bullets.

"There, n'ya happy?" Climber grunted from his high perch, arms crossed.

The group was probably half way to the turn around point.

-

"Oop, there's that temper again, nya." Jordan mocked Edo as the Felyne went off in search of Elram.
On his way down the hallways, he saw people bringing things out like blankets and pillows.

Elram was on the second floor by the lift (which was raised), which sleeping supplies were being piled up on.
"All clear, I presume?" He asked upon seeing Edo.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Edo nodded. "Yes, nya. The arena is clear, too, nya." Edo said. "Do you know where I can get a Heavy Bowgun, nya?" Edo asked Elram.

ooc: I'm gonna get a normal sized Heavy Bowgun, one made for human hunters. :-)
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 pm

ooc: I really like Jordan. It is good that he will be making more appearances.
--

Once again Crya burst out laughing at Jordan's comment. If Edo hadn't given them such a hard time she might not find it so amusing, but after all he has done it is fitting. She means no insult to Edo.

She feels right at home with the bantering.

"Jordan, you are a riot," Crya tells him with a smile. "Hey, do you think you can tell me where I might be able to fix my armor when the town gets going again, I don't want to bother anyone who is busy."

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:54 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: Just be mindful that you will be extremely slow.

-

"Good, good." Elram said regarding the south section being clear.

"What exactly do you mean?" He asked after, regarding Edo's desire for a heavy bowgun.

~

Jordan made a theatrical bow to Cyra's compliments.

"The monster smith down that'a way, nya." He said to Cyra, pointing southwest. "The orange Felyne and big pink armored hunters were going that way."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm

"Well, nya, I want a Bowgun that has some power behind it, nya, so I can deal more damage. I was wondering if you might know where I can get one, nya." Edo said in response to Elram's question.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next