The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

+2
Blaster427
17dragonboy
6 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing - Page 4 Empty Re: Holgarde - Day One: Cleansing

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:28 pm

(Metke)

Seeing the two prey, Cyra readies herself for battle, she brings her dual swords around to the front of her body ready to slash out with them.

She then charges the prey closest to her slashing out with her dual swords at its torso and then dances off to the side, spinning around ready to attack again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 pm

ooc: Yeah, sorry about that.

Edo went back over to his side, to clear out the prey there, loaded 3 pierce, then looked around for some prey. If he sees one, he'll aim at it's chest, aim to make up for any difficulties he may have with his shot, then fired.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 pm

(Metke and Donoto)

Edo surveyed the area to the east for a few moments, ready to quickfire when the opportunity arose.

The chance came when a 'Prey ran from one building to another, the clearing between which Edo could fire at.
Quickly aiming, Edo shot a single round at the passing 'Prey, and managed to put the high penetration bullet into its thigh. What exactly happened to the monster couldn't be determined because it continued behind the other building, but looked like it at least stumbled. Falling over completely was a distinct possibility.

A second 'Prey was right behind the first, which Edo also fired at. He caught it somewhere in the hip, producing unknown results like before.

Cyra and Tyler simultaneously charged the 'Prey, which did the exact same thing in return.

When Cyra swung her swords across at the 'Prey's torso like scissors, the 'Prey lunged its sharp tooth filled maw at her.
Some of its fangs tore across her exposed cheek, despite her shifting her head away. It wasn't a serious wound, but having something so dangerous so close to one's face was a startling experience. Because it was a Genprey, paralysis effects could be expected momentarily, albeit not much because of the minor penetration.

Cyra's blades each dug into one of the Genprey's biceps. When Cyra spun around the monster and got behind it, it spun around in return to face her. It's arms were hanging weakly because of the wounds inflected on each of them.

Tyler swung his shield across at the other 'Prey's head, keeping its main method of attack away from him. In the same swinging motion, he swung his bone kukri across, catching the monster across the snout and tearing a large gash.
All together, the 'Prey was warded off for Tyler to follow up on.

-
ooc:
And so the first drop of player blood as been drawn.
I can't remember the last time I actually hurt a player.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 pm

(Metke)

Cyra knew she had to act quickly so not waiting for a second, lunged at the prey and stabbed both of her dual swords into its chest, pulling them down to maximize the injury and then yanking them out.

She then hops back again and spins around ready for attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Edo had a smirk on his face for a split second, then loaded in two more pierces, looked for not just prey, but also a building close enough to jump to that would supply a good sniping point.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 pm

(Metke and Donoto)

Most any of the buildings surrounding the larger building Edo stood on could be jumped to, given the extra story of height. Granted, most humans would not want to attempt the leap.
Edo put away his bowgun, backed up a few paces, ran ahead then jumped off. He landed on another building below and rolled, suffering no injuries.

From there, he started running from roof top to roof top again, pursing the two 'Prey he'd tagged earlier.
He caught up quickly, as the two 'Prey were limping along, unaware of Edo stalking them from above.

Cyra's swords must have lodged themselves between the Genprey's ribs, because they only punctured so far. This made tearing down basically impossible.
Using her swords as extended arms, she held the Genprey away from her as it tried to rip apart her face. Rather than press itself up against sharp objects, though, the Genprey packed off, bleeding out from the chest.

Tyler's 'Prey jumped at him, forcing him to defend with his shield. When it tried to push his shield down, he resorted to using both arms to hold it up.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm

(Metke)

Cyra takes her dual swords and lunges at the prey stabbing a dual sword into each side of its neck. She will then pull them forward trying to rip its throat out.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:18 pm

(Metke and Donoto)

When Cyra advanced on the Genprey, the monster fearfully retreated backwards, practically running. It fell out of reach of Cyra's attack, getting behind Tyler.
Cyra followed, enough to get between the Genprey and Tyler. The two monster hunters were almost back to back.

Tyler pushed his 'Prey to the side, then swung up with his shield and clocked it across the head once more, probably dislodging a few teeth.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Edo continued trailing the prey, but if he got more than a half a mile away from the large building with the people on it, he'd go back.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm

(Metke)

Cyra tried for another attack, once again she lunged after the prey with her dual sword extended, but this time she is aiming for the soft part of the torso.

She will stab in and pull down to maximize damage and rip out, and jump to the side ready for another attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 pm

ooc: are you ever going to make up your mind on the name of the town? First its Rulbo, then its Julbo.

Totoro circled around the Iodrome and tried to get its attention on him so it would have its back towards the other two hunters. He would slash at the legs if the Iodrome continued to ignore him.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 pm

ooc:
For thrusting with the lance, I would imagine it would basically be impossible to hit with the tip in close range, just because of how long the lance is.
Where you referring big spike closer to the shaft/handle of the lance?
Oops you're right I forgot about the length. Blame the in game mechanics where the lance passes through the monster. heh.
Then again, I was counting on the drome to back-hop, actually.
But yeah, in future cases when the target is in close range, use the big spike.

Speaking of spikes, I just realized that there are also two spikes jutting out sideways near the tip of the lance. That would make sideswipes hurt a bit more.

~~~

( Rulbo )

Three Wells held his ground, waiting for the Iodrome to make its next move before running in with the lance.

Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

ooc:
@Rulbo: Sorry that I keep screwing up the names. Rulbo is the correct name.
There's a few reasons I keep making the mix up;
When I made the names, I made their first letters correspond to their climate, for easier memorization. (Donoto - Desert, Metke - Mountain, Rulbo - Rainforest, Sontruma - South). With Rulbo, I keep thinking J for jungle. Jungle comes to mind quicker than rain forest.
Also, I derived the names from preexisting monster hunter towns (Donoto - Kokoto, Metke - Pokke, Rulbo - Jumbo, Sontruma - Dondruma). With Rulbo, the name it was derived from starts with a J.
I didn't just name the town Julbo for jungle because it would be too similar to Jumbo.

I'm still gonna keep mixing up the name probably. I've been aware of the issue prior to now.

-

(Metke and Donoto)

As Edo followed the 'Prey, another gunshot was heard. A call of "Nicked one!" was heard shortly after.

The 'Prey Edo was pursuing made a turn to the west and continued, so now they were north of the larger building.
The trio (two 'Prey and Edo) came across another 'Prey lying on the ground, kicking and screaming. A bowgun arrow was lodged into its hip.
As the two 'Prey neared this third 'Prey, another gunshot sounded and another bowgun arrow flew into one of them, grounding them like the other. "Nicked another!"

Now Edo was standing on a short building just above two grounded 'Prey. The third 'Prey still standing was standing just nearby, hidden from where the other shots were coming from.

When Cyra lunged in again, aiming low this time, she left her head open for attack from the jaw of the Genprey. Knowing this, she ducked her head to let her helmet take the hit, rather than her vulnerable face.

The Genprey bit the crown of her head and tried to tear and rip, but to no avail.
At the same time, Cyra gored the stomach of the Genprey, piercing deep. When she pushed down on her swords, the Genprey backed up.
The monster hung low and weak, staggering some. If Cyra didn't finish kill it now, it would surely die off later.

Whatever Tyler was doing couldn't be seen, since he was directly behind Cyra.

~

(Rulbo)

The Iodrome stood off with Wells and backed away slightly. The other monster hunter joined the standoff, and helped surround the alpha raptor with Totoro.

Realizing it was fighting a losing battle, the Iodorme spun around and broke into a run to the west.
Totoro only had minimal time to attack. When he swung his swords at one of the Iodrome's legs, the damage was minimal, probably something the adrenaline filled monster could work through.
He was brushed off to the side after. Wells or the other monster hunter wouldn't be able to keep up with the fast pack leader, but Totoro in a four legged run (swords away) was plausible.

-
ooc:
@Rulbo/Sunfish: Me saying that bit about Totoro keeping up isn't a hint. It's just me pointing out its possible (because Totoro giving chase wouldn't be surprising).
As always, you're free to do whatever you want. You don't have to give chase, but your mission will require that Iodrome to be killed eventually.

@Blaster: "FINISH HIM!!" -Mortal Kombat
(Obviously, you don't actually have to.)
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:11 pm

(Metke)

Crya lunges in and draws her dual sword across it's neck to finish it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

ooc: @DB: I'm sorry to cross my boundries, but I feel the need to.
1: Khezu armor DOES NOT leave the face vunerable, especially not to prey. Just look at it!
2: Khezu armor DOES NOT have a crown.
3: Realisticaly, a prey or raptor WOULD NOT attack the face; they would attack the main body, regardless of the armor, because there is no meat in the face.
4: Realistically, if cards are played right, I don't really think a prey would even serve that much of a problem.
Once again, I'm sorry that/if I over stepped my boundries.

Edo took this as an opportunity to finish those to prey, so he got out his gun, and aim at one down one's head, fired a pierce, then aimed at the other down one's head and fired another pierce.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: It's fine, don't worry about it.
To address your points;

-Cyra is wearing normal female khezu blademaster armor (not S or anything). I think whether or not the face is exposed can go either way because;
If you look at these two pictures (bottom left, top right), you can see that the face is exposed, like it is in game.
However, it has occurred to me that that metal piece begs to be used as a face guard. I presume that is its purpose, rather than a forehead guard. I would think Cyra would wear it that way too when in combat, because it makes a heck of a lot of sense.
It'll be StarLady's call whether or not she was wearing the mask down (some small easy edits would be required if yes).

-By crown, I was referring to the crown of the head. It's on the back top of the head, I believe where most people's hair swirls.
(Image.)

-I think where an raptor attacks could go either way. Right now, this 'Prey may not be focused on eating right away (taking a bite out of Cyra just for the food part of it). I would think its more focused on killing Cyra (for its own survival, and maybe to eat her later after she's dead).
It could just be going after whatever it can hit too. Or, it could be trying to hurt Cyra (to scare her away, or blind her, or hinder her performance).
I agree though, that it might aim for more vital areas than the head.

-I like to make things difficult and make people work for their accomplishments.
This 'Prey isn't really that hard either. The likely hood of Cyra losing is extremely low.

-

(Metke and Donoto)

Edo's first pierce round went into one of the grounded 'Prey's skulls, and it stopped moving immediately.
His second pierce round went into the other's skull, and it twitched a couple times before lying motionless.

This, of coarse, alerted the remaining third 'Prey to Edo's presence. Probably aware of its situation, or at least some of it, the 'Prey turned around and started running west.

The Genprey drew back some as Cyra closed in to finish it off, not moving nearly enough. She cut each of the arteries on its neck, dropping it to the ground, and it started bleeding out rapidly. Its body wasn't moving, so it was probably dead or about to be in seconds.

Tyler was holding back his 'Prey with his shield and sword, using his sword to keep back the head and shield to keep back the arms.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

ooc:@Blaster: I appreciate you trying to help, but it is not necessary I am fine.
@DB: As I was unaware of a face plate it would not be down no edits are needed, I am fine.

(Metke)

Cyra rushes to Tyler's aide and once again dropping her duals quickly grabs her spear and using a both hands for optimum strength she thrusts the spear into the preys side and pulls down to worsen the blow, she pulls her spear out and dances back ready for another attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 pm

ooc:
@Star: Just for future reference, what would you like to do about the metal helmet piece?
Would you like to say that it is always put up like it is in game (unless said otherwise), or would you rather it just not be there at all?
Sorry that I'm being a nudge about the point.

-

(Metke)

Cyra shoved her lance incredibly deep into the gut of the 'Prey facing off with Tyler, probably going more than halfway through its body. When she pulled down and ripped her weapon out, blood and other fluids poured out onto the ground.

The 'Prey keeled over, and Tyler took the chance to ram the tip of his sword into its throat with both arms.
The monster promptly dropped, moved a little and stopped.

"Thanks." Tyler said standing upright, taking a moment to breath while he looked down at the ruined 'Prey. He looked at Cyra, and quickly noticed her bloody cheek. "Whoa, you alright?"

Though it wasn't a deep wound by any means, the cut on Cyra's cheek was bleeding quite a bit. What seeped out covered much of her skin, making it look a lot worse than it was.
Besides visuals, the pain of the cut was rather annoying, but nothing Cyra couldn't ignore in a fight. However, she could feel something funny in the cheek, including the areas around it. It was unresponsive to her brain's communications, paralyzed, as to be expected from a Genprey wound. She could still talk though, albeit maybe a little hindered.

-
ooc:
@Star: Just to emphasize, the wound looks bad, but really isn't. You'll be fine. It is annoying though, and might leave a scar.
Hooray for scars that have stories behind them (that aren't horribly cliche).

I want to say that the cheek is a part of the body that bleeds a lot when cut.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 pm

ooc:@DB: Lets just say the face plate is not even there. I wouldn't use it anyways. Don't worry about it. I just want to let you know I would not have said anything. I feel weird someone else did. No big deal on the cheek, I know face wounds bleed a lot and I have no issues with a scar.

(Metke)

Crya turns to Tyler while putting her spear back into its sheath, "No problem, are you Ok?"

In response to Tyler's questioning her if she is alright, Cyra realizes her cheek feels funny, she wasn't paying attention during the fight. She reaches up to her face and pulls back blood covered fingers. Getting a rag out of her pouch she holds it to the wound.

"I will be fine," she assures Tyler. "Are you ready to move on?"

Cyra wipes what blood she can off her face and retrieves her dual swords resheathing them as well.

She is ready to finish the job at hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm

ooc:
@Star: No problem. :~)

-

(Donoto)

Edo saw two monster hunters come out into the street the 'Prey was fleeing down, some paces ahead of it.

(Metke)

"Yeah." Tyler responded to Cyra's question of moving on, wiping the blood off of his sword onto his shoulder.

During the fight, some gunshots sounded off. Two in particular came from nearby, north away from the larger building.
It was as good a thing to investigate as any, so the two Metke hunters went off towards the source.
Going to where the two nearby gunshots came from also brought them around clockwise around the fire department in their objective to sweep the area to flush out and eliminate 'Prey.

As the two hunters started down another small street between buildings, a 'Prey was running right at them from further down the street, headed west.
Two dead 'Prey were further behind on the street, and a monster hunter Felyne with a bowgun was standing on a short building just above them.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

(Rulbo)

Three Wells holstered his lance. "Now that it's gone, we better move quick, before it returns with more."

He grimaced at the dead bodies. "Who was guarding the back?" he asked, anger rising.
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm

(Metke)

Seeing the Prey charging at them Cyra grabs her spear off her back and is prepared to meet the charge head on. She grips her spear in both hands and taking a few lead off steps to bring her closer to the prey she will thrust the spear at its chest when it is in range.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Edo took out the pierce already in his gun, then inspected a crag; not any normal old crag, however, his one and only home made one that is packed with tremendously powerful explosives, then put it back in his bag, he was just making sure he didn't forget it. He then looked down and saw the two hunter, and loaded in 5 normal shells, and sheathed his gun. He then watched from above, knowing he would just cause chaos should he go down.

ooc: If it's alright, can we say that it's so powerful it can blow Rathalos' brains out?

Last edited by Blaster427 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 pm

"I leave that one to you, nya." Totoro called out to Wells as he sheathed his swords and sprinted after the Iodrome.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 pm

ooc:
@Blaster: I'm a little unsure as to what you're trying to do. If you could clarify, please.
To clear up any possible misunderstandings;
-The 'Prey saw you on the roof when you shot down the other two.
-It turned around and ran away, so you're already behind it. (It wouldn't see you any more.)

-

(Rulbo)

As the Iodrome continued to flee west, one of the low rank hunters came out into the street.
Ryan was his name, who was similar in build to Wells, also wearing heavier armor but wielding primarily a greatsword.

He had his greatsword over his shoulder when he saw the Iodrome coming, so he quickly tried to swing down from that position.
Unfortunately, the attack didn't connect, for a variety of reasons. The Iodrome continued running west, leaving the caravan.

Totoro continued to follow the Iodrome, and eventually caught up.
He was about a meter behind, and the Iodrome didn't seem aware of his presence.

Shouts of "Clear!" were being made by hunters coming towards the caravan.
Wells noticed a spot near him where a hunter should have come out announcing clear, but didn't. Based on where the Iodrome was initially cited, it probably came from this direction.

Checking, Wells saw a dead monster hunter lying on the ground. Built and equipped just like Ryan, his name was Pat (Patrick), Ryan's twin brother.
It didn't seem like there were any wounds, but the face of his helmet was drenched in purple fluids.

~

(Metke and Donoto)

The 'Prey veered hard away from Cyra, accurately suspecting danger from her.
Despite that, she got the head of her lance into the monster's chest with its long reach, but at a very awkward angle, almost from the side.
As the monster's momentum carried it forward, Cyra was twisted around, and the spearhead was twisted out.

Tyler was behind Cyra, so he cut the 'Prey off as it ran past Cyra. In his usual style, he smashed and shoved the monster down to the side, knocking it down directly behind Cyra.

-
ooc:
@Sunfish: Not to put ideas in your head, but climbing the monster with your claws I guess would be plausible (might want to jump on from the side front rather than side back).
I wouldn't say its possible with your swords though, for a variety of reasons.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekee Soen Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:34 pm

ooc: Alas poor Patrick.
I had to underline that one. Hyperlinks here need a more distinctive style.

Was he (and Ryan) part of the Rulbo caravan, or a citizen of Sontruma?

~~~

(Rulbo)

Three Wells lowered his head solemnly at the sight of the dead hunter. "He died protecting the people. That explains a lot."
Rekee Soen
Rekee Soen
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 pm

(Metke)

When Tyler knocked the prey down, Cyra quickly spun around and using a two hands thrust the spear into the preys neck. Hopefully successful with her aim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Blaster427 wrote:Edo took out the pierce already in his gun, then inspected a crag; not any normal old crag, however, his one and only home made one that is packed with tremendously powerful explosives, then put it back in his bag, he was just making sure he didn't forget it. He then looked down and saw the two hunter, and loaded in 5 normal shells, and sheathed his gun. He then watched from above, knowing he would just cause chaos should he go down.

ooc: If it's alright, can we say that it's so powerful it can blow Rathalos' brains out?
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:45 pm

ooc:
@Rekee: I don't like how hyperlinks aren't underlined either. I underline them personally.
Ryan and Pat are from Julbo. You'd know them a little. (To give you a very basic description; neither are in a relation, they get along alright but do quarrel some, both are pretty normal.)

@Blaster: Saying that crag can blow out the Rathalos' brains I think would be overpowered. (I don't think I'd give any kind of weapon that power.)
I think the most I'd say would be the equivalent punch of a human heavy bowgun, maybe just a little more. Sorry if that's kind of jipping you. :-/

-

(Metke and Donoto)

After he went about his business, Edo saw the two hunters finish off the 'Prey;

Cyra got the tip of her lance almost right in the center of the neck. Putting her weight into it, she cut the artery and throat, summarily killing the monster.

Breathing for just a moment, Tyler looked at the Felyne on the roof (Edo) and waved. "Hey!"

~

(Julbo)

The monster hunters tried to calm down the riled up Aptonoth. Ryan was one of them, delaying the inevitable.

A monster hunter who wasn't with the Julbo caravan came up beside Wells, looking like he wanted to talk with him.
This hunter wore thick furry hide armor, with a large cloak of a similar but different hide over it. (0:52, plus a cloak). Seeing as he could probably survive the cold of a tall mountain, he was obviously from Metke.
Outside of the cloak, he had a rather large longsword harnessed, and at his hip underneath was a short sword of some kind.

"I'm David Wood from Metke. I'm here to assist you." He introduced himself to Wells rather plainly.
Another hunter was with him. "I'm Hector Emblem." He likewise introduced himself, looking serious.

-
ooc:
@Rekee: See my character data in the sign up thread for a more thorough physical description of the first guy.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

ooc: first response to seeing a small felyne on the roof, "Oh, look at the cute little kitty, are you stuck on the roof and need help down."

(Metke)

Following where Tyler was looking Cyra sees the felyne and waves as well. "Hi, there."

She then wipes the blood from her spear with a rag and resheaths it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next