The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG Sign Up (Pseudo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mercenary RPG Sign Up (Pseudo-Firefly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG Sign Up (Pseudo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I don't think I'll ever do items like this again.

@Sunfish: Everything adds up so far.
For the record, I would probably put "dual wield" under speed in this case.

For each of the revolvers, I'll say 450.
15 for each moon clip.
.6 per round.
40 per holster.
20 for a gun cleaning kit.

20 for a basic repair kit for your guns only.
(I imagine for anything "better" you'd have to go to a shop.)

25 for the wakizashi (it's nothing special, probably just +6 damage).
20 for a matching scabbard (faster draw, safety).
.5 for a cleaning rag.
5 for a 1 quart canteen (if you want one with X quarts, just multiply the price by X).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG Sign Up (Pseudo-Firefly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG Sign Up (Pseudo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Ok updated the price list, added a backpack that I guessed was about 20$, feel free to say otherwise though.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:58 pm

@Sunfish: 20$ for the back pack is fine.

So, uh, I guess you're done then.
Like I said, I'm gonna leave the nitty gritty details what each item does until the very end.

Just to go on record, the vest isn't pistol "proof," just resistant. (Damage is changed from firearms to hand to hand).
Realistically speaking, I believe it would still be painful, like getting punched or hit with a hammer (I wouldn't really know, and it probably depends).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Even with body armor, bullets can still do damage in the form of impact trauma. And with burst weapons (thinking specifically of the AN-94, where the second shot can 'hammer' the first one in) the concentrated fire can render the armor virtually useless. Weapons technology is always several steps ahead of defensive.

I think I fixed it.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:30 pm

@Glyph: You fixed the skills issue, so you're all set there.

Now you've just got to figure out your items.
With the prices I gave you (especially the bumped up pistol price), some things will have to go.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I think I fixed everything.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 pm

@Glyph: Yup, everything looks in order.
If I did my math right, you have no money left.

So now we're just waiting on Fluffy for his character.
Then I'll make my own character.
Then I'll figure out what each of the items do.
Then we should be pretty close to starting.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I think I bitched Fluffy out enough, he should have his character soon.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 am

Name: Ray Cashman

Height: 6' 3"

General Build: Broad shoulders, fairly muscular, a bit of a beer gut.

Appearance: Shaggy dark brown hair and a scruffy beard, blue eyes, farmer tan, wears jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.

Backstory (Childhood, Growing Up, Adulthood): As a young child at only 5 years of age his preschool sent him away to a behavioral correction facility for almost two years because of a hyperactivity disorder, he didn't go back home till he was almost seven, and after that he lived with his alcoholic mother and many equally alcoholic step-fathers, usually told to stay in his room and be quiet, and he would because if he didn't he'd either get a 'whoopin' or yelled at.
He's always loved guns of all kinds -pistols, rifles, shotguns, you name it- And would always play with sticks and use his imagination whenever he was outside.

When he was old enough to get a job he started working at a nearby stable and immediately left his mother's house and moved in with his sister till he could afford a place of his own. After three years of working at the farm he finally saved up enough to get an apartment of his own. In less than a year of having his own place, he was robbed while at work one day, all of his electronics were gone and everything was trashed... This drove him to purchase his first gun.

Another year or so passed and he moved to a neighborhood with less criminal activity, but he wanted some excitement in his life... He was bored, and after being robbed, wanted to make a bit of a dent in the local crime. He just decided one day that he could put his gun and his strengths to good use and become a mercenary... Once he withdrew about half his money from the bank and bought some equipment.

Rage Passion: Theives
Fear Passion: Claustrophobia
Noble Passion: Helping the less fortunate.

Body Stat: 70
Speed Stat: 55
Mind Stat: 55
Soul Stat: 60

(Body Skills)
Fighting: 45 (Obsession)
General Athletics: 30
Pain tolerance: 35
Resist fatigue: 30

(Speed Skills)
Dodge: 32
Initiative: 40
Driving: 25
Firearms: 45
Sneak: 15

(Mind Skills)
General Education/Street Knowledge: 35
Notice: 35
First Aid: 25
Handyman: 40

(Soul Skills)
Lying: 20
Negotiations: 35
Imtimidation: 60

Items:

Remmington 870 pump-action 12 gauge shotgun - $600

Remmington Managed Recoil 12 ga - 2-3/4" 00 Buckshot - 100 rounds - $95

Shotgun Choke Tube, 12 ga, Remington Full Choke - $25

Gun Cleaning Kit, Roll Up Cleaning Mat, 26 Piece Universal Kit - $25

Pistol resistant vest - $250

Tactical Butt Stock Shotgun Shell Holder - $10

Two-Point Shotgun Sling with 15-Round Shell Holder, Black Nylon - $15

Smith/Wesson M&P9 9mm handgun - $510

9mm, 115 gr, FMJ, 100 rounds - $20

Camping supplies (Backpack, 2 quart canteen, sleeping bag, mess kit, med kit, etc.) - $110 (approximate)

Total cost = $1660

Remaining money: $40

Last edited by FluffyFox1213 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 pm

@Fluffy: When you took half of your speed for initiative, did you round "down?" I did the math a couple times and I don't think you did. (It's one point, but yeah.)

I'm not sure what happened with resist fatigue or pain tolerance. I would treat them as different things.
Pain tolerance we could say gives an extra wound point for each point spent (which helps with damage penalties).

Your items are all set.

So take that one point out somewhere, and figure out what you'll do with resist fatigue and pain tolerance (resist fatigue is required).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, sorry, I rounded up.

I'll take the extra point away.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

@Fluffy: Alright, one last matter of business then.

The skill "resist fatigue" is required/free (starting at 15), but I'm not seeing it.
So you'll have to throw it in there (and maybe adjust some points, depending on what you want).

The detailed explanation of the skill is here.
A fatigue check might be done after a tiring event. You roll against your body stat. You succeed, nothing happens. You fail, you suffer a -10 penalty to some appropriate things (body, speed, some related skills to name a few).
The resist fatigue skill allows you to flip-flop a failed roll (into a success) if the result will be under your skill.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Alright.

Think I fixed it... Not sure, though. You'll tell me if I didn't.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

@Fluffy: You've got fifteen points extra overall.
So just take away those fifteen points from somewhere (doesn't all have to be one place), and you should be all set.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 am

I'm bad at math...

It's almost pathetic.

Should be good now.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 am

@Fluffy: You're all set now.

So now you guys are just waiting on me.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Alright, here's my character.

Spoiler:

I realized we all forgot to put adjectives with our stats, but oh well.

I think what I'll do is, I'll get the RPG started, and then I'll figure out the details of each item. Less delay in getting to play, I guess.
If you want to make any last minute changes, please say so and hurry.

By the way, we'll assume you each have keys to the car and house.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Mission Briefing:
Spoiler:
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:06 pm

These are everyone's characters data's (condensed). Items are at the bottom, and their respective properties. Some properties (like for sleeping bag) weren't listed.
I admit I rushed through a little, so things might be a little sloppy (shouldn't really matter though).
If there's any questions, feel free to ask.

@Fluffy: Just checking, you're aware you only have one magazine for your pistol right? The one that's loaded.

@Glyph: Just checking, you're aware you don't have any kind of bullet protection, right?

Sunfish
Spoiler:

Glyph
Spoiler:

Fox
Spoiler:

17dragonboy
Spoiler:

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 am

I was aware that I hadn't taken any body armor. Would you recommend it? I've read all the rules on firearms damage, but they're not a very useful frame of reference when we don't know how many wound points we have. Maybe it says how many we do somewhere and I just didn't see it...
And would a sniper really need one? Usually the distance and the element of surprise make it kind of redundant, and I would need to seriously modify my equipment list to purchase even light armor. And just for the record, FMJ is considered armor-piercing, correct?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:46 am

Yes, I'm aware of my sidearm's ammunition situation. I'm also aware I don't have a holster for it... I assumed I might be able to acquire these items later on.

@Glyph: FMJ isn't really considered 'armor piercing' but it has better penetration ability than standard lead ammunition.

A lead bullet mushrooms on impact, causing more damage to soft targets. Full Metal Jacket reduces the round's ability to warp on impact, giving it more penetration to harder targets. It's more useful for piercing body armor, and maybe light vehicles...

The difference between AP (Armor piercing) and FMJ is the type of metal used, and the amount. Armor piercing usually just uses hardened steel or tungsten near the tip, while FMJ completely encases the lead round with the metal. That's why it's called FULL metal jacket.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

@Fluffy: Acquiring a holster later on in the game is plausible, yes.
For now, I assume the pistol is in your pocket or something.

@Glyph: Acknowledged about the body armor. I just wanted to make sure you're aware.

Your wound points start out as whatever your body stat is.
As you take damage, you'll only know relatively how much you have, based on how I tell you how you're feeling.
Note that firearm damage is limited by the user's firearm skill.

For game purposes, I was just going to treat FMJ as "normal."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2