The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 6 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Ted nonchalantly reached into the open mailbox and checked around in it.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 6 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:23 pm

ooc:
For the record, the mailboxes would look something like this.

-

Nothing of interest was inside the open mailbox. Just some scratches from when it must have been pried open.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Ted rang the bell of the broken into mailbox.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm

While Ted was investigating the damaged box, Rae tested the door at the opposite end of the room.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 pm

As ted pushed the ringer for the room corresponding to the broken mailbox, a small buzzing came from the button.
If the person was home and responded (by pressing a button in their room), the door would buzz and momentarily unlock to be opened.

Unfortunately, there was no response.

When Rae tried the door, it was locked.

More unfortunately, the screws mounting the door to the frame were on the other side (if they wanted to remove the door altogether).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:54 pm

ooc: Is there any kind of intercom on the door?

Ted tried one more time.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:04 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: There would not be an intercom on the door.

-

Repeating the process fully, there was no response and the door did not unlock.

Someone came in the building entrance, but it was only Pete. He was holding a walkie talkie.
"Eugh." He made a face at the puke in the corner. "Thought ya should take this." He handed the radio over, which was already turned on. It had a belt clip on its back.

-
ooc:
I'm not sure if walkie talkies have radio frequencies or not. If they do, the two walkie talkies would be on the same channel.

I believe they work like such:
You press the button to talk.
You have to let go of the button to hear the other person.
If for some reason you did not want to hear the other person, you'd have to turn off the walkie talkie (or keep holding the button I guess).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 pm

OOC: Or turn down the volume that every walkie-talkie has because that kind of system is very easy to create electronically.

Rae knocked on the door a few times, in the hopes that someone might be on the other side. She was also trying to get a sense of how sturdy the door was, should force be required to enter the building.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am

ooc:
@Glyph: Or that, yeah. I forgot about that.

-

After knocking and waiting a few moments, there was still no response.

The door was moderately sturdy, made out of wood, but had no windows or anything. The three guys could probably break it down with enough time and effort. Firearms would help (more the shotgun).

"Can't get in?" Pete asked, despite the obvious answer.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Ted buzzed the room above the broken box.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Luck did not seem to be on the mercenaries' side.
After Ted buzzed the other room, there was still no response.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 am

OOC: This video is directed at this "luck" person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJGST0XNAIg

Rae was starting to get thoroughly fed up with the luck the mercenaries were having. Past the point of giving two shits about courtesy, she pressed every button to the apartments near the boxes. Then she waited.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm

ooc:
I've heard that song before. I think it can be applied to a lot of stuff.

-

As Rae was partway through the apartment bells, the door rang in response.
(Assuming one of you opens the door.)

Going by the buttons Rae had pressed before the door rang, each of which began with a 3, the response must have come from the third story.
There was nothing saying the response was from Gary though.

"Alright, we'll be outside. Let us know if anythin' happens." Pete said as he walked out the entrance.

Past the (formerly) locked door, the hall broke off left and right (making a T). Each way had some doors before turning again (making a field post I guess).

-
ooc:
I'll assume Ted has the radio.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

ooc: Roger roger. Ten four good buddy.

Ted figured they might as well go visit the person who let them up and ask them about Gary, so he started making his way to the third floor.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Going down one of the halls, there was a large (more so wide) door. Next to it was a sign that read "storage" instead of a room number.

Further down and around the bend, there were stairs that led up to the second and third stories. They also went down a story.

The third story was much like the first, having doors on the sides leading to each of the apartments. The sound of a TV could be heard coming from somewhere.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Rae was uncertain of what to do next. An idea coming, she knocked on the door to the room with the blaring TV in it.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:22 pm

There was a slight pause before someone called out "It's open!" It seemed to be an older woman's voice.

(Assuming you open the door to come in.)

Past the door was something like a short hallway, not allowing a good view of the room from the door frame.

It turned out it was actually an older woman. She had thoroughly gray hair and a slight hunch, wrinkled skin and casual clothing. She probably somewhere in her sixties or seventies.
As she came to the door she had a smile, but she quickly furrowed her eyebrows and frowned when she saw the mercenaries. "Hello." She said skeptically with a slight turn of the head.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 pm

"We're sorry to disturb you." Ted said while trying to look as apologetic as possible, "But we're looking for a friend of ours named Gary, we're not exactly sure which room is his."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm

The woman shook her head. "I'm sorry hun, but I don't know who you're talking about." She replied, still giving the odd look. "Were you the one who rang my bell?" She asked.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

"That would have been me, ma'am." Rae was about to elaborate, but stopped. Old lady, eh? The perfect cover for a spy... "Do you know anyone here that could help us find Gary?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

"Oh, I thought you were my son..." The old woman replied, still stand offish.

"What's this about?" She asked skeptically.

-
ooc:
I almost gave you a straight answer without any challenge.
To justify it, the setting is supposed to be kind of criminal, so everyone's a little paranoid probably.

It occurred to me that though a difficult character can be an obstacle, a stupid person could be much worse.
Like if this old lady went off on a tangent about her son and manners etc.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm

"A friend of ours has gone missing." Rae tried to avoid being distracted by the TV in the background; drowning in a cacophony of noise and advertising would be preferable to having to deal with another difficult motherfucker.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 pm

The television seemed to be playing some old cartoons.

"Have you gone to the police about it?" The old lady asked.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Rae chuckled softly. "The police have done all that they can about it. Which wasn't much. If you don't mind me asking, where is your son?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 pm

"I dunno, doin' police stuff." The woman shrugged haughtily with a touch of threat.

"Find anything?" Pete suddenly asked through the radio, catching the woman's attention.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Rae was beginning to become very annoyed with the woman, as well as the general state of the search. Casual questions, skirting answers. No help at all. Dickass fuckbitch. "Thank you for your time, ma'am." Her face and tone neutral, Rae stalked away, wanting nothing more than to get away from the unhelpful elder.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

"Once again, terribly sorry for bothering you." Ted said to the lady. He then walked out with Rae and responded to the radio, "Nothing useful."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 am

ooc:
@Glyph: I can't tell if you're just roleplaying or actually tearing your hair out. :-( If the latter, I'm sorry and I'll try to work on it more.

-

Ted saw that the woman didn't like Rae's abrupt departure.
She just kind of nodded and shut the door.

"K." Pete replied over the radio.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

OOC: I'm mostly roleplaying. But I'd be lying if I said there haven't been a few instances when I've wanted to shoot up the place : P
This character might also be somewhat similar to myself (with the profanity and such), which probably wouldn't help your confusion.

Rae turned to Ted. "What the hell are we going to do? Our guy could be behind any one of these doors, IF he's here!"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

"Let's start asking." Ted said calmly, "We've gotten into the building, the rest should be easy."

With that he went to the nearest door and knocked.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next