The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 am

Rae followed suit, mostly due to momentum, following Ted's path into and possibly through the two armed men.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

One of the men was more or less behind the other one opening the door.

The two men didn't seem to have the same hesitation as Ted and Rae. As Ted came barreling towards them, the closest one quickly went to shoot.

There was a loud bang, emphasized by the narrow room, and Ted felt like Raymond just punched him in the gut with all his strength.
Carried forward by momentum and fortitude, Ted crashed into the man while the other stepped out of the way.
Ted managed to drive the man into the corner of the room (by the exit/entrance of the building), which was some indication of their strength difference. Both men could still very easily shoot one another point blank with a little maneuvering.

The second man went to shoot Ted in the back, but Rae tackled him from the side, fortunately the side his pistol was on, pinning it momentarily.
Unlike Ted, Rae only forced the man to adjust his stance to stay on his feet.

Outside sounded chaotic, though it was difficult to tell exactly what was happening.

-
ooc:
I think it's only a matter of time before someone (on the team) gets shot and the vest doesn't protect them.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

OOC: God damn it all. This is why it's so much harder to be the good guy and not shoot on sight.

Rae drew her weapon upward, the small space giving no room for caution or error. She pointed and fired as many shots as she could at the undeterred, standing man's collarbone, neck, and head.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Ted attempted to either pull his gun and shoot the man or use his short sword and stab him. Whichever one was more feasible he would do, however if neither seemed possible he would focus on disarming him.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm

ooc:
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been really busy (doing semester long projects in the last week).
Hopefully I have a little more free time now, however I still have finals, so yeah.
After those though, winter break.

-

The man in the corner had his pistol pressed into Ted's stomach. He went to move it up, but Ted grabbed the gun before it could get above his chest (dropping his revolver to do so).
Similarly, as Ted went to shoot the man, the man grabbed Ted's revolver and pushed it off to the side (against the wall), just barely angling the barrel away from him.

Going for broke, the man shot his pistol point blank into Ted's chest. Though Ted felt a more intense surge of pain (something breaking), the bullet must not have breached his vest.
In his hand, Ted could feel the bolt of the pistol trying to cycle the next bullet, but him grabbing the pistol prevented it. (The pistol can no longer fire without being manually recycled).

Backing off slightly to give herself room to move, Rae quickly aimed to kill as she pointed at the other man's very upper body.
The other man made the mistake of turning towards Rae to shoot her, widening his profile relative to her.
Rae beat him to the draw and shot him in the shoulder, the one holding his pistol.
A bullet whizzed by Rae from the man clenching his pistol in pain.
He started to turn away and grab for his injured shoulder, but was shot thrice more; closer to the neck (collar bone area), to the side of the neck (probably hitting the artery), and between the nose and an eye.

The man fell backwards, into the wall and slid down to the ground.

-
ooc:
@Sunfish (and Glyph): Do you understand how a semi-automatic pistol works? And how grabbing the bolt of the pistol would obstruct it?

For future reference, if I say pistol, I mean like a modern pistol. Not a revolver.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

ooc: I get the jist of it but that's about it.

Ted attempted to headbutt the man and reposition his revolver into a better firing position.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 am

Rae felt a pang of nausea as she glimpsed the man slide down the wall. She forced it down with the help of adrenaline and fear that gripped her stomach; the regret, guilt, and shame would come later. Rae approached Ted and the struggling man.

OOC: I'm not really sure how big this other guy is, or how much room there would be past Ted, or how much they're moving from struggling, etc.

Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am

Ted suddenly snapped his head forward into the face of the other man, but the other man reflexively looked down. Ted only somewhat collided with the bridge of the man's nose, more his forehead.

The man suddenly let go of his pistol and swung his elbow across, catching Ted on the temple.
In the same motion, the man grabbed Ted's revolver arm, firmly keeping it from pointing at him.

-
ooc:
@Glyph: The man would be relatively big, but not quite as big as Ted.
They're staying relatively in the same positions (the guy up against the wall close to the corner, Ted holding him there).
Up close, shooting the guy (and not Ted) would be very plausible. Again, I would trust your character not to shoot if there's a reasonable chance she might hit Ted.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Ted began pulling the man towards Rae, or at least moving himself out of any potential line of fire.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Rae steeled her conscience and raised her weapon again. She brusquely stepped forward, raised the still-warm barrel into the man's upper abdomen, tilted it towards his heart, and fired repeatedly. Even through the biochemical haze that enshrouded her mind, she couldn't help but feel remorse. Pulling the trigger with conviction, she hoped that the aggressor died a quick death.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

Still grappling with Ted, the man quickly stepped towards Rae and kicked at her head. She recoiled out of reach, and then shot him in the torso, mindful of Ted's arms.

Two rounds went into the upper back half of the man, and a third into the wall.
With an excruciating cry, the man dropped to his knees, the only thing keeping him up being his grip on Ted's revolver.

-
ooc:
I wasn't exactly sure how to handle specific details (considering things didn't go exactly as planned since the guy moved), so I just kind of went with what made sense to me.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 pm

OOC: Perfectly understandable, as well as acceptable. Good GMing, I think.

Still careful not to hit her friend, Rae aimed for the man's vitals (or head if it looked like he was wearing body armor) and fired again, in an attempt to put him out of his misery. During/immediately after doing this, she pressed herself to the wall that would provide the most cover from anyone firing at the entry hallway from the building's interior.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Ted waited until the man was completely finished off before slouching into the nearest cover.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Based on the effectiveness of the previous shots, the man probably was not wearing body armor.
At a better angle (i.e. behind), Rae shot for the man's heart. Going past the spine, she seemed to hit her mark.

The man still clung onto Ted for life, appropriately so. After Ted forced him off, the man fell flat and just seized on and off as he continued to bleed out on the floor.

Rae got into the corner closest to the door that was formerly locked (closer to the interior of the building), opposite of the hinge of the door.
Ted got into the opposite corner as best he could. The open door blocked him off from the corner. (He noticed it had been unlocked with a key still in the knob.)

The two men in the hallway seemed to have come closer to the entrance room during the fight, but were now running away again.

Raymond's shotgun could be heard outside.

-
ooc:
This is a quick layout of the entrance room, not really to scale.
Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 8 Merclobbymap
Ted would be orange, Rae green. The red arrow indicates which way the dudes are running.
I tried to illustrate what was going on with the door and the corner.

Would you say the gore/graphic-ness is good or excessive?
This question came up as I played Black Ops II, because of all the shock value it tries to make.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am

OOC: The gore is actually a little on the shallow side : P I mean it's fine, but it's nowhere near what *I* would consider excessive... if there is such a thing.

Rae crossed the room towards the door, trying to maximize the coverage that the walls of the room provided. "Close the door, Ted!" Rae tried to the door to the outside, and, if it was unlocked, would try and scan the situation outside through as small an opening as possible.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Ted immediately does as asked and waits with his gun pointed at the door.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Thanks for the input.
I was shooting for realistic without being overbearing, so I guess I'm on track.

-

Ted closed the door (leading further inside) and then waited nearby with his gun at the ready.
He couldn't hear anything happening on the other side.

The door leading outside was already wide open.
Peeking out, Rae could see that Pete had driven his truck directly in front of the other men's truck, making a T shape with the two vehicles.
The engine of the other men's truck was roaring, pressing the front of the vehicle against the side of the mercenary's truck. From her point of view, Rae couldn't really see the driver, but the wind shield seemed to have been shot through my Raymond's shotgun.

Kneeling in the bed of the mercenary truck, Raymond had his shotgun at the ready, seeming interested in the bed of the other truck.
Pete couldn't be seen, but it was possible he was in the driver's seat (of his truck).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm

"Go see if you can help Pete and Raymond." Ted said to Rae without taking his eyes off the door, "I'll wait to see if I can't stop the other two."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

ooc:
Gonna bot Glyph (he said he should be back shortly).

-

Rae went outside with her pistol at the ready, cautiously approaching the trucks.

"There's one in the bed!" Raymond shouted to be heard over the other truck's revving engine.
Pete could be seen in the driver's seat, apparently uninjured.
In the other truck's driver's seat was a (at least near) dead man with his chest shot to hell, leaning back into his seat.

Inside the building, nothing really happened.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 am

Rae kept her sights and her focus aimed on the bed of the other truck, keeping an eye out for any movement in the vicinity. With her gun raised, she slowly approached the truck, attempting to keep a low profile (behind any available cover) while maintaining a good line-of-sight with the bed.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:03 am

Ted waited patiently.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 pm

The man in the bed stuck his arm up with a pistol, causing Rae to duck down cautiously.

He took two blind shots in Raymond's direction, which penetrated the back window of the truck but might not have gone through the windshield.
Either way, Raymond was unharmed, albeit startled some.

As Rae started to get closer to the truck, the constant spinning of the front tires started to throw dirt at her.

Raymond hopped out of the bed of the mercenaries' truck and onto the other side of the other truck (opposite of Rae).

Someone could be heard yelling from the other end of a walkie talkie the men must have had, but they couldn't be understood over the truck's engine.

Meanwhile, inside, nothing continued to happen. Chances were the two men were no longer in the hallway (or if they were, they were being sneaky).

-
ooc:
@Glyph: So Rae would be close to the truck now. (Might not be right next to it, if the dirt kicked up is an issue.)
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Ted knew the gods wished otherwise, but he stayed steadfast in his approach and waited by the door.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 pm

ooc:
Not sure where Glyph is. I sent him a message on the 28th. I think he's binging the old Monster Hunter.

For the record, I'm neutral on what you do. :-P I'd hate to obstruct freedom of choice.

-

Inside of the building, nothing continued to happen.
Pools of blood were starting to form on the ground, from the two fresh corpses, some of which was absorbed by the carpet.
Ted's other revolver was still on the ground, and the pistols of the two men.

Outside, Raymond and Rae continued cautiously approached the bed of the truck.
Suddenly the man burst out from Raymond's side of the truck, and made a dash for the other side of the building.
He took wild suppressive shots behind him without even looking, which missed completely.

For whichever specific reason, Raymond chose not to take his shot, though he easily could have ended the man right there.

-
ooc:
So the guy would be making a run for the side of the building. He hasn't gotten there just yet.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:33 pm

OOC: Vacation.

Rae took aim and fired at the fleeing man, leading appropriately. She aimed to incapacitate, not necessarily kill, although she wouldn't have minded terribly if the man died.

OOC: Sorry again about the absence, I'll go into detail more when I'm not so... out of it.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Ted took a better look around before making a move for his gun. Once he had it he would immediately return to his previous position.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: No problem, and welcome back. :-)

-

After checking to make sure it was safe, Ted scooped up his gun and then returned to his original standing.
It was difficult to hear anything with the truck engine outside running as hard as it could.

Aiming for the lower torso of the fleeing man, Rae quickly lined up a shot and took it.
It seemed to hit the man right in the ass, causing him to fall just as he rounded the corner of the building.

Seeing the shot connect, Raymond opened the door of the truck and crawled inside. He pushed the rigid leg of the dead man off the pedal, finally allowing the engine to rest. He switched the truck into park and turned the keys back, fully shutting it off.

The only background noise then was the running engine of the mercenaries' truck.

Inside, Ted still couldn't hear anything suspicious. There might have been some kind of household machinery running down the hall.

"What the fuck's goin' on out there?!" A walkie talkie voice shouted from inside of the men's truck. Raymond picked up the walkie talkie and showed it to Rae.

-
ooc:
If you want to use the walkie talkie, take it from Raymond. (If there's going to be any negotiation, I'd rather you do it.)

"Aiming to incapacitate" might be a little vague, mostly because I'm not sure how you would balance likelihood of hitting with likelihood of the person surviving. (For example, hitting the foot would be very difficult, but the person would most likely survive. Oppositely, hitting the upper leg area would be easier, but there's the arteries.)
For future reference, I'd say to just specify a location. If you want to be open ended, maybe a general area or different options.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 pm

OOC: Noted. I subconsciously meant to aim for the leg, but didn't say anything about it, sorry.

Rae snatched the walkie-talkie out of Raymond's hand, pressed the call button, and spoke into the receiver. "Who the fuck is this, and what in the unholy fuck do you want." She kept her voice as cold and emotionless as possible, rather than give herself away as being afraid.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Ted finally got bored of watching the hallway intently and went outside to join up with the others.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:13 pm

ooc:
@Sunfish: Weak.
Just kidding. :-P

-

Ted came outside and got an idea of what happened as he walked up to the others.

Raymond jogged over to where the just-shot man had gone.

Pete drove the truck forward, making a loud screech as its side slid against the front of the other truck. Just a moment after though, the two trucks were no longer pressed against one another.

There was no response on the radio.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next