The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 9 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Ted walked up to the other truck and opened up the door, looking around inside for anything of use.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 9 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm

OOC: It might take me a little longer before I can get around to joining the other RP. School is starting back up again, and my parents have assured me that they'll be riding my ass more than ever.

Rae considered throwing the communications device down in anger, but decided against it. It might be of use later, and she wasn't one to waste potentially valuable items. She set the walkie-talkie down and followed after Raymond, keeping an eye on him. Rae called after the shotgunner "Raymond! How are you holding up, buddy?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: No problem, understandable.

-

Inside of the truck was a mess, filled with discarded beverages, wrappers, food, a map, and bits of glass and blood.
The dead man sitting in the driver's seat had a pistol in his right hand, cocked and seemingly ready to fire.

The glove box held more valuables. A large multitool, more maps, napkins, a large flashlight, a first aid kit, and some wrapped snacks.

Raymond craned his head to see around the building's corner. "He's getting away!" He said in a only mildly urgent tone before jogging off in the direction of the wounded (but apparently not incapacitated) man.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm

OOC: Sorry about yet another absence. I've fallen down a bit.

Rae shook her head and got after Raymond. Splitting up seemed like a bad idea, regardless of how many tangos might be getting away.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Ted stayed with the trucks as long as Pete didn't follow suit as well. He began checking the maps to see if anything had been marked on them.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:01 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: No problem.

-

The map was of the Set Desert region, including each of its towns, and bordered between homemade and professionally made (probably the best available).
It was up to date, made within the year, but its accuracy was probably still a little questionable.
A path on the map had been traced with pencil, going between South Set and West Set.

Raymond momentarily was out of view as he rounded the corner.
Suddenly there were gunshots, coming from the running man by the sound of it.

As Rae came around, she saw Raymond lying on the ground on his side. He seemed to have just dove out of the way, as he quickly got back up.
He stayed in a squatting position, shotgun lowered.
The other man wasn't in view, probably having gone around the next corner of the building.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Ted pocketed the map and began sprinting over towards the others after hearing the gunshots.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Rae kept her eyes open and looked around. "Raymond, we should probably be getting the fuck out of here, don't you think? I'm not sure how many of these assholes there are, but I'd say it's a safe bet that they could call for help." She offered her hand to help him up, but didn't bring her eyes away from the surroundings.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 am

Raymond stood up on his own, watching the corner the fleeing man went around.
Ted came up to Rae and Raymond.
The man didn't reappear around the corner, and nothing in particular was noticed.

"What should I be doin'?" Pete chimed in over the radio.

-
ooc:
I think Ted had the radio.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Ted looked to the others before radioing in, "Just be careful, there's still two guys in the building I think. Be ready to escape."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Rae said to the others, in a voice just loud enough for both to hear: "We should head back. I don't know this area of town all that well, and there could be more of these assholes anywhere. I say we should head back, reconsider our strategy, and try again."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am

"'Kay." Pete replied.

Raymond continued to watch the corner, and took a glance around the area out of caution.

-
ooc:
I'm sort of just waiting for you guys to make the call on what you want to do (and do it).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 am

OOC: And I was waiting on Sunfish

Rae motioned for the others to follow her, keeping her eyes up for any movement nearby. After a few seconds, once she was fairly certain they wouldn't get shot in the back, she turned and ran full-tilt back to the truck. If exit was an option, she'd be telling Pete to get them the hell out of there as soon as possible.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

ooc: Sorry, been a bit preoccupied with school
Ted followed Rae as she ran back to the truck, although at a slightly more leisurely pace so as to watch for suspicious movement.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:40 am

The surrounding area was void of people, as far as the mercenaries could tell, and relatively quiet (other than the sound of the truck engine).

Raymond followed the others back to the truck, watching their blindside, particularly the corner the man disappeared around.

The mercenaries all piled into the truck, Rae sitting shotgun and Raymond and Ted in the back. Pete drove off in no particular direction, leaving the messy scene the mercenaries had made.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 am

Rae looked out the window of the truck as they drove. The city rolled by, and her thoughts moved in tandem.

"Well. What the fuck are we going to do?" She looked to Pete, waiting for him to respond.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 am

ooc:
There would be a window in the back, so the people in the trunk could talk with those in the seats.

-

Raymond knocked on the rear window, and Pete reached back and slid it open without looking.

"I-I dunno, I thought this, that, was our next step." Pete said with uncertainty, keeping his eyes on the road. The truck was moving at a relatively slow pace.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 am

"But then what do we do? We need a plan of action, or else we're going to get fucked. Hard." She glanced back out the window before continuing. "We haven't really learned anything since we went looking for Gary."

OOC: The bartender's name was Gary... right? I feel like Professor Oak.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Ted pulled out the map and showed it to Rae, "There was a path traced here, we could try checking that out."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

ooc:
Gary was the bartender, yeah.
(I figure I'm not needed at the moment.)
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

OOC: Sorry for being busy.

Rae looked over to the map, studying it for a moment. A trap? "It's the only option I can see," she said with a shrug, "Just keep your eyes out for any... surprises."

She took the map from Ted, trying not to crumple it excessively while pulling it through the rear window. Rae flattened the map out onto the dashboard in front of her, trying to give Pete a good view. "Think you can get us there on however much we have left in the tank?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Pete's attention divided between the road and the map. "Yeah, I should. I filled up yesterday. You wanna say somethin' t' the law though? I mean..."
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Rae thought about it for a moment. "I suppose you're right... Factor a trip to the sheriff's into our arrival time." To the group, she asked, "Is there anything we need from the safehouse before we head out?"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

"I've got everything I need" Ted said simply.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 pm

OOC: Sorry if my responses aren't up to snuff/slow. The thing that made the stresses in my life tolerable no longer wants to occupy that role, and most everything seems entirely pointless. Just a heads-up.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: Don't worry about it, really. I know life can be busy and stressful, and takes priority.
I'd say your posts have been adequate anyway. Sometimes it's good for me for this not to be super duper active.

On a side note, I might be on mibbit for a little while (#MHRPG or #THG), if you want to talk (been awhile).

-

"Same here." Pete said, turning around a building to go the sheriff's place. Some kids were playing in the road, all spread out (some makeshift form of baseball it seemed), making Pete turn to another road to go around, then again to get back on route.

The siren of a police vehicle could be heard not far off, coming closer. Then, a pick up truck much like the one the police had at the bar could be seen. It was headed in the direction of the inn.

"Hey, I think those're the guys we saw at Stumble In!" Pete said watching the police truck pass, then turning his attention back in front of the truck.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

OOC: I think that I might have to step out of this RP for a while. I've kinda lost interest and I don't really know what to do anymore. That isn't to say I'd like to continue it in the future. But with only 3 people playing it's not really... I dunno, it doesn't really feel like the right RP for it. Maybe I'm just tired of it for now. I'd like to apologize to both you and sunfish.

That being said, do you think you could link me to the other RP on Minegarde? I said I would join and I think I have a character now.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 am

ooc:
That's fine. I'd say it was sort of dragging with just two players and the mod as well.

Regarding the Minegarde RPG,
Link to sign up thread.
Link to gameplay thread.
Link to RPG section.

You'll see that BizzarreCoyote is starting up a new RPG too. It seems to be something smaller scale.
Link.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Honestly, I was only continuing because I knew it would fail if there were only two people. I'm fine with this ending because of all the ones running on the other site anyways.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

ooc:
Alright, just the usual questions before I lock this up:

Any constructive criticism? Things you liked? Didn't like?
Be as critical as necessary, please.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next