The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

4 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 am

The bartender swallowed at Ted's threat, and stayed put. He retained enough courage to argue with Rae though. "If I don't handle 'this' problem 'now,' the place'll be wrecked, an' I'll be payin', an' I might go out'a business, an' then what? I'm the one in'a box!" He stammered as anxiety and anger mixed. He tried to shake off Ted's hand on his shoulder, but it held firm.

-
ooc:
I think I'm liking these dice rolls. They make things random and generally more difficult.
Who'd a thunk it?

By the way, I move into college tomorrow (Monday, Sept. 3), so I'll probably be a little busy then.
As with college, my activity in general will probably drop a little too. Hopefully not too much though, as things have been pretty low maintenance these days.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercenary RPG (Psuedo-Firefly)

Post by Glyph Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:26 pm

OOC: Quick! Somebody with a higher intimidate skill, sort these loser out! Also, how much of a reward would this mission provide?

Rae smiled at the bartender, genuine concern and sympathy accentuated her features. "Please don't fret. We'll be happy to help you out, after we've taken care of this."

OOC: Is there a limit to using your noble passion? Would this be one of the times I could use mine?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:31 pm

ooc: Did somebody say intimidate?

Ted smiled and loosed one of his revolvers and started walking towards the crowd, "Now, either everybody quietly exits the building or they'll drag your corpses out with the trash."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: For the reward, I'm purposely not giving a specific amount because, A, I'm bad with money, and, B, an "official" reward hasn't been put out.
I'd imagine (and you can expect) it to be multiple tens of thousands though, and that's excluding any potential bounties (probably ranges from a few hundred to a few thousand).

As for using the passions, the book says you can only use them "once per session." So I'd just say once in a great while, maybe once every few scenes.
As for when you can use them, it's sort of open ended and debatable. For this specific situation, I guess you could, but I wouldn't bother.

I just realized that Sunfish's intimidate skill is higher than his soul stat... But I'll let it slide because he's big and armed with two pistols and a sword.

-

The bartender stood quietly as the mercenaries began to sort out the situation.

Unfortunately, not a single one of the combatants heard or registered Ted's threat. They continued their mayhem.
The only upside was that a couple had been knocked out, stunned or otherwise incapacitated during their fighting.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 pm

"Let's try that again." Ted sighed as he pointed his pistol in the air and fired a single shot before shouting, "I said everyone has to leave now or the next bullet will be in your head."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Raymond had stayed quiet throughout the attempted persuasion of the bartender, but when Ted started firing his weapon, Ray reached for his shotgun and pointed it in the general direction of the group of people. "That's right. You don't leave, we're gonna start shootin' at ya." He hadn't planned to start shooting at them, but he figured that two armed men was a bit more intimidating than just one... Not to mention what a shotgun could do to a tightly packed group of people. "What do you think, Ted? Ten bucks says we drop 'em all in less than thirty seconds."
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

"Thirty?" Ted smiled and pulled out his second revolver, "I say we could drop 'em all in less than twenty."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Rae rolled her eyes, although she agreed that this would probably be the fastest way to clear out the bar. She drew her TT30 from its holster and flicked off the safety. She didn't point it at anyone, though, since she wouldn't do much to add to the intimidating aura of her friends. Instead, she scanned the room, checking all the exits, looking for anything out of the ordinary, and, primarily, made sure that none of the brawlers or other occupants of the bar had readied a weapon.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 am

Ted's gunshot seemed to only momentarily draw the attention of the brawlers because it was so loud. They probably didn't actually hear what he said.

The grizzly big guy with a shotgun seemed to keep their attention though, getting the combatants to stop what they were doing. They distanced themselves from one another and raised their hands slightly in a peaceful manner. Their mentalities mixed from nervous, offended, calm, and drunkenly unpredictable.

Rae caught someone behind them drawing a pistol. She wasn't quick enough to stop them from drawing the gun out of its holster, but she was fast enough to stop them from getting it into a ready position.
The man paused, gun down by his side, seeming collected for the situation. (Assuming Rae has him at gunpoint.)

In the moment of relative quietness, an engine could be heard starting outside. It was Pete in the truck, going by the familiar sound.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

"Now why don't all of you leave before things get real ugly." Ted scowled, "And you, over there with the gun, holster it slowly."
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:11 pm

"Drop the gun, sugartits. Nobody needs to get blown away. I suggest you step outside, right after you give the staff here an apology." Rae kept her gun level with the man's torso, finger hovering just off the trigger of her sidearm.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 am

The crowd didn't do much of anything besides glare at the three mercenaries, too full of pride (and/or alcohol) to surrender. One would assume they were trying to "win" in some way, the definition of which could vary largely.

The man with the pistol already drawn similarly just stood there, gun still out.

The bartender went around to the back of the counter and drew out a simplistic double barrel shotgun. He pointed it in the general direction of the crowd, down more at their knees. He didn't seem to be a trained/experienced marksman, and the crowd only payed him so much attention.

-
ooc:
Because this situation could get violent, you might want to specify what you might do if certain things happen. I.e. if someone tries to quickly draw and shoot.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 pm

"Alright, that's it. You've all got to the count of three to either sit the fuck down, or go the fuck home before I start shooting." Raymond cocked his shotgun and pointed it at the man with the pistol, right at his face. "One..."
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

(If the group/gunman reacts violently OR if another group member or the bartender fires first, fire two shots at the gunman and find suitable cover from the majority of the group/most dangerous looking members)

Rae flicked the safety off of her weapon and kept it firmly held at the man with the pistol. "I'm not asking nicely again, cockbite. Drop the gun before I tear a new fuckhole in the middle of your chest."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Ted pointed one gun at the gun wielding patron and the other at the nearest member of the crowd. If either made a move that didn't involve complying with their demands he would shoot.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: For the record, you already switched off the safety. :-P
Reminds me of when in movies the guy cocks the gun more than once or something.

@Everyone: Just so you know, taking multiple shots divides your firearms skill by however many shots (lowering the success chance and maximum potential damage of each).
I'll assume you divide your skill evenly, unless you say otherwise.

@Sunfish: I'll need to think of how exactly to handle multiple shots and dual wield (besides the first and potential second attacks like before).
I have a rough idea in my head, so hopefully I'll have it figured out by the next time I post.

-

Raymond got to 'two' before things went to hell. With everyone so focused on the guy that already had a gun out, all that was left for the main group was Ted's one revolver.

Getting the same idea all at once, three men from the main group each went to draw (none of which were the closest), prompting Ted to adjust his aim and fire.
His target moved as he drew his gun, but wasn't fast enough. He was struck down by Ted's revolver, hit right in the chest, dropping him with his hand still in his pocket.

Because the main group and "sugartits" were on opposite sides, Ted wasn't able to switch directions fast enough to take an accurate shot the other way.
Luckily, Rae was fully trained on him and took two shots at him.
The first grazed his ribs as he twisted out of the way, and the second missed altogether, landing in a bench instead.

At this point, anyone without a gun was making a run for it, away from the mercenaries. There seemed to be three combatants; "sugartits," and two others among the main crowd. (The man Ted dropped would have been a fourth.)
At the exact moment in time, "sugartits" was lining up a shot with the mercenaries, and the other two were still drawing their pistols.
At the same instant, Rae was moving for cover behind the main counter (next to the bartender). The three combatants were similarly moving for cover.

-
ooc:
I'm not gonna put up the initiative counter/list thing, a.k.a. who goes when, for a variety of reasons (probably not needed, this'll probably be over soon, laziness, trying to reduce the system's presence).

Just post your actions as you would normally.
Remember there's "sugartits" (the guy who had already drawn), and the two other guys among the main crowd.
For the latter two, try to specify if you're attacking the same one as someone else or the other one.

Last edited by 17dragonboy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:51 am

Ted tried to adjust his other revolver to 'sugar tits' and take a shot before moving to the nearest cover.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm

OOC: I meant to do that. The gun has two safeties to double the precautionary action against a misfire... SHUDDUP!

Rae broke from cover only long enough to fire a shot at one of the men from the crowd. Even if she couldn't see them, she would fire at whatever they were hiding behind, then promptly take cover once again.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Ray fired his shotgun at the target he was trained on and chambered another shell before flipping a nearby table over to use as cover.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 pm

A bullet from Sugartits whizzed by Rae as she lined up her shot, shattering a bottle on the rack behind her.

She and the bartender both took shots at the same man, and both had meager (but better than no) results. Rae got him in the far side of his gut, while the bartender tore up his forearm some.
Acting too late, the other man flipped over a round table and rolled it in front of his wounded comrade, and both then knelt down behind it.
The bartender ducked down with Rae, and was shaking.

Ted and Raymond had as much luck as Sugartits did, both missing their target and hitting glass instead. In their case though, it was a window.
When Raymond rolled over a table for cover for the two, it protected them from the two other men, but did nothing to save them from Sugartits.

After narrowly evading the spray of bullets, Sugartits dove over a table and flipped it at the same time, making cover for himself.

-
ooc:
@Glyph: Kind of due to an error on my part, you'll be sitting this 'round' out (at least in terms of actions). (Basically I let you act more times than I should have.)
Sorry if my explanation is poor, and that this is happening. In the future, stuff like this shouldn't happen.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 pm

OOC: I see. I guess I'll wait the 2-3 business days for Fluffy to get on and react again.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Ted chose to focus on sugartits, since he was a more immediate danger than the others. He would quickly focus both his pistols on him and take both shots when an opportunity presented itself.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 pm

ooc:
To keep things moving, I'm gonna bot Fluffy. (Past the 2-3 business days. No refund though.)

-

Raymond had the same idea as Ted and aimed in Sugartits' direction, should he appear. Unfortunately, at the moment, he was still hiding.

In general, the whole place was at a standstill as everyone hid behind cover.

-
ooc:
I feel a little stupid now because nothing happened. This brought something up though:

We'll say if you don't act (like what happened now), you don't use your turn.
We'll also say that you can store one extra turn, but only one.

Don't get too caught up in the details though.
So everyone is acting this turn (@Sunfish: You also have an extra turn in storage.)

For the record, instead of telling a player to "sit this round out" (like I did Glyph), I'll probably just do two rounds in one post (so some people might act twice (maybe even three times with a stored turn)).
I'd say to assume that all players act every post, and I'll bring up anything special (acting twice or stored turns).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Ted continued to watch for sugartits, and would shoot the moment he came out of hiding.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 am

Raymond fired four shells at Sugartits' cover in an attempt to break it apart, maybe even get him through the wood.

ooc: This is just assuming it's wood... If it's like some weird bulletproof table, then it'll just be suppressing fire... Where's the nearest grenade store? Lol. Also, sorry for not posting in like a week, been busy.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Rae leaned out from cover and took a shot at whichever target first presented itself.

OOC: I'm not fucking this up so I'll have to wait out again, am I?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 pm

ooc:
@Glyph: No, you're fine.
Hopefully the sitting out thing will never happen again.

@Fluffy: I'm going with the idea that any cover is thick wood, enough to stop what you guys are shooting.
(Admittedly, I'm not sure how realistic that is, but yeah.)

-

Raymond's barrage made a mess out of the bench Sugartits was hiding behind, chewing it up and ripping out splinters. Unfortunately, there were no signs of any penetrating and hitting him. If nothing else though, it must have scared the hell out of him and deterred him from peaking out. It couldn't have been very moralizing for the other two men either.

A couple moments after the volley ended, Sugartits burst out and made a run for it. He was sprinting fast enough to avoid both Ted and Rae's gunfire, and out of sight before they could continue shooting.
He had returned fire as he ran, though missed dramatically.

The two men behind the table had come out from behind, one kneeling from the side and the other squatting up. Both saw Rae (the only exposed target) and took their shots.

The mercenary hit the ground fast, just before a bullet would have torn her up. Glass shards and whine spilled onto her from above from the bottle one of the bullets shattered.

The bartender was still crouched down behind the counter, seeming to be waiting for someone to come over the top, shivering.

-
ooc:
All players are acting (as per usual now).
Sunfish still has one turn stored.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunfish123 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Ted turned to the two men and got out of cover just enough to be able to take shots at them. He took a shot first at the one kneeling and then at the one squatting.
Sunfish123
Sunfish123
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyFox1213 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Raymond rose up just enough to see over his cover before firing the last two shots in the gun at the squatting man, then got back behind cover to reload.
FluffyFox1213
FluffyFox1213
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Rae stood up from behind cover and looked for sugartits. If he was visible, she'd fire three shots towards him; if not, her target was either of the other two combatants.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next