The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Hallucinations

+5
Scout
Trey
BizzarreCoyote
Spawn
Andras
9 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Frozen Hallucinations - Page 5 Empty Re: Frozen Hallucinations

Post by Spawn Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:31 pm

"Looks like im going to have to kick it up a notch" Aizen says as he removes a small rag from a small pouch on his belt that smells like kerosine(not going to use it later on) "There you are" he runs the cloth down the length of his blade then taps it to the ground ignighting the blade on fire. "Wow didnt expect that" He swings the blade in large swipes melting snow with heach swing further exposing the door. "well that worked" he said as the flame sizzled out. "now for the vents" he said as he threw some sand on the water that was quickly freezeing and provided grip with the sand now mixing in.

OOC: you know packing snow ontop the ice would have givven the same results

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm

ooc:
@SRK: I would have given you the sand. It seems like a good idea if you ask me, people do that in real life, right?
Salt too, though that just keeps the ice from freezing, and only to certain temperatures.

-

Sakujo stood around waiting, ready to help bring things into the cave as soon as it was opened up.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 pm

"Thanks Sydney, but please im no master, ima rookie myself." Grabs one bag and puts it on the floor, then rips the other one open and poors half by the door. As he speading the sand around making sure its even Cloud states "Ok were good you can open the door now, and trust me you wont slip. Ima get the rest of the bags. Oh nice move Aizen btw.It really helped alot man." Cloud grabs the bags and awites the door to be opened.

Occ: yeah Db its use alot cause you can get grip even in below 0º so it works xp
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:25 pm

Doc put away his shovel and sighed in relief. He then used the back side of his gauntleted hand to brush the snow off the door.
"Good work guys. Now can we please get inside!" he said.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm

Sakujo lifted up one of the ammo boxes and went closer to the door, ready to start bringing things in.

-
ooc:
I figure Andras will describe it for us.
I forgot to mention that firewood was being unloaded from the ship too.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

OOC: Sorry guys, I came down with a viral infection, throwing up near every time I tried to concentrate. Didn't mean to be so innactive!

Scout peeked out from around the corner of the ship and then jumped off, staring at the progress that had been made. "Ohhh, shame, I missed all the action." she said, a little nervous laugh lingering after her words. She looked up at the sky for some sense of time, knowing her hot drink would soon be uneffective. With little success, she waltzed over to her fellow hunters, staring curiously at what was to be their base.
Scout
Scout
Hunter

http://sukautto.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Scout wrote:OOC: Sorry guys, I came down with a viral infection, throwing up near every time I tried to concentrate. Didn't mean to be so innactive!
You should be sorry. Never let it happen again, or else.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

occ: @Db dats some scary shit bro. xD

Cloud heres some noise in the back then sees bryan bring firewood, then sees Scout. "Hey Ms. Scout good to see you again." Cloud said all nervously, but then he realize some sand got into places. "Ummm...Hey guys can you open the door this sand is gettin into places, and its feels weird..."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:09 pm

"Here, let me help with the firewood."

Jago walked back on board, depositing the snow-shovel and gathering an armful of firewood. He walked back down the ramp and placed the wood in a pile just outside the door, before returning to the airship and getting more wood.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Oswald eventually surfaced on the ship deck, a load of supplies in one arm, a ring of keys being spun on the other. Whistling as he waltzed towards the entrance of the cabin, the jolly lynian brushed the snow free of the storm door’s lock. Inserting one of the many keys, he unlocked the door and pushed it forward, revealing a short stone laid hallway with a a sturdier wooden door at the end of it. Marching along, the felyne purred aloud as he unlocked the remaining door.

As he pushed it open, pitch black darkness could be seen from every angle, save for a bit of light traveling in from the outdoors. Sitting his supplies down, he shuffled through them, eventually pulling out a small torch, and a thick tipped match. Striking the match against the wall, he climbed down a flight of four stairs, revealing that the cavern was built not only into the mountainside, but partially under the main level of earth. “Gimme just a minute and I will have this place lit up for all of yas.”

Baryn, already sporting a large size supply chest trudged on in from the outdoors, sitting his supplies down, out of the way of the entrance and looked the cabin over as Oswald illuminated the fairly large sized cavern. When all of the lanterns and candles were lit, he called out to the hunters and crew. “Come on in folks, welcome to yourrr new home away from home, nyahaha!!”

Similar to an igloo in design, the cavern retained a rounded design, save for a wall completely flat both horizontally and vertically. Lining it were 4 heavy duty bunk beds with tall individual lockers between them, ideally crafted for storage of weapons, armor and general belongings.

A huge wooden table sat in the middle of the cavern, with 10 rugged chairs neatly seated all around it. The table’s top was merely a segment of a massive tree trunk, cut about 4 inches thick with a diameter of 10 feet, the rings of tree growth showing that the tree could have been possibly centuries old. It was treated to have a glossy finish, and had been cut down the center, presumably to bring each massive segment in.

One of the other rounded walls sported a row of heavy barrels, each labeled with a different content, among other supplies. (See the planning thread for more details on what all is available.) Beside it was a large bar with multiple cabinets filled with food preparation tools (listed). Separating the barrels and bar was a monstrous wood burning stove, used for both heating and cooking.

A note was left on the table from the guild members who retrieved the casualties of the last hunt. “So it be known, there is a cooler for freshly procured meats just outside of the entrance. Due to the constant snow, you may have to dig a bit to find it, but it is on the left side of the entrance. There is also a stockpile of firewood just behind it, covered to keep the weather off of it. Most everything should be in working order. Don‘t forget to open the air vents, the fumes from the lanterns can do a number to you if the place isn‘t well vented.”

Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 pm

"I could get used to this, nya..." Sakujo said after getting a quick look around of the place, carrying in his arms a crate of ammunition. He set the crate down in one of the lockers, essentially claiming it as his, then went out for the next crate to help get things inside. "Someone wanna get a fire started?" He asked the group in general, not volunteering himself since a human was probably better fit for getting the snow off the wood pile and bringing the wood in.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:59 pm

"Sure thing Saku-" Andras stood aghast, sitting his shovel asside as he entered. "-jo. This is of much better quality than Pokke's base caverns. Just look at all this..." Gazing at the place, Andras realized he was standing still. "Fire, right."

Also claiming a bed and locker, he placed his shield/blade in the locker on a supplied hook. Taking his lance from his back, he carried it over to the stove, standing it upright beside of it. Looking around, eventually finding the note on the table and reading it, Andras grinned at the mention of additional firewood. Stepping outside the door again, Andras collected some of the wood and kindling that Jago dropped off, bringing it to the stove for preparation.

Opening the doors on the stove it was completely barren, save for a small layer of ash coating the insides of it. Placing a decent amount of kindling on the inside of it, followed by some of the smaller logs and branches, he collected his lance, removing the Rathalos webbing bandage like material from the shaft. Drawing his carving knife, he chipped a few paper thin trimmings from the lance's shaft, placing them in the kindling. Sitting the lance aside again, he looked about for a match, finding a box of some in one of the cabinets above the bar. Returning, he struck the match, placing it beneath some of the trimmings. Glowing bright red, orange and on to white, they eventually caught the kindling afire. Closing one of the doors and pushing the other near closed for ventilation, Andras opened the draft for a good flow of air. To his dismay, the fire did not catch up very quickly.

"Can someone clear the snow off that draft outside?!"
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Scout wandered in after them, dazed by her surroundings. "Veeeery niiiiice. I wouldn't mind getting some luxury like this more often." She smiled, and carelessly tossed her longsword, along with other belongings, onto a bunk. Walking over to the table, Scout cupped her hands together, and lifting them up to her face, she shot a breath of warm air into them and rubbed them together quickly. She leaned herself against the table and looked over to Andras, frustrated at the fire. She then glanced over at the felynes continuing to bring supplies inside. "I suppose I could help you with that." Scout nodded to Andras, and she went outside, passing the other hunters.

Inspecting the outside, she looked around the door frame. "Should be around here here somewhere.." Noticing an indentation in the in the snow, almost on the same level as the top of the door, she brushed the snow from the indentation, finally revealing the vent. "Ah-hah!" Other than some snow falling through, it had been cleared off, and Scout headed back inside. She kicked her feet against the floor and smacked her hands together to rid of the snow. "Should be just fine now, Andras." Scout reassured, and headed to her bunk, inspecting it, and the locker, as though they were somewhat foreign. She then began busily remvoing all of her possessions and placing them neatly onto her bunk.

OOC: Y-yes, Db, I didn't mean any harm, honest, honest. D8
Scout
Scout
Hunter

http://sukautto.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Walking inside after putting the shovel back on the ship, covered in snow. "I swear im going to start watching where i walk" brushing snow off himself He walked over to the last remaining open double bunk and set his stuff on the lower bunk. "Now where is that ship captain cause if my suspicions are correct i may need to have some equipment braught out."(If thats ok with you Andras, and if it did happen it would take a couple of days to get back to him.) he walks grabs a map out of one of the chests and begins surveying the area. "Hmm this area here would be a good place to start looking based on the geographic location." pointing to the mountain in regions I9-K11

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Occ: Ty spawn

"Sweet top bunks!" Cloud said excitedly. "Ok who to bunk with..." Cloud said in a wisper. "Scout hot, Andras the boss, Sakujo is badass, and that other guys scares the shit out of me...Ok ima bunk with..." Cloud was interupted by a grumble from his stomach. "Dam im hungry, hey Andras ima go see if the meat in the fridge outside is bad." Cloud sets the sandbags by the door and goes to see if the meat was good. "Ok, I say we got 4 good peices." Cloud brings the meat in. "I gots the meat!"

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Bunk beds, and forgot a I)
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 pm

OOC:you do realize they were all bunk beds right?
there are 9 of us and only 4 have claimed bunks sofar

Scratching his head as he looked over the map. "Andras where was the person attack at?" looking over the map trying to find where possible feeding zones were and escape routes.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

OOC: Maybe I'm just being a fucking idiot, (As is so often the case,) but if there is 9 of us and only 4 bunk beds, (essentially two beds each) someone will sleeping on the ground. Hopefully there is a sleeping bag somewhere?

XXX walked into the underground lair, took a look around, and said; "Meh". He shuffled sideways of the door, and stood by the wall, waiting for no real reason at all.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 am

OOC: Well, precisely the reason Jago has one

---

Jago brought the remainder of the firewood inside, out of the snow and cold. Not only would it make getting to them easier, it kept the logs from getting wet and simply smoldering.

"Hmm, 8 beds, 9 of us. Well, good thing I brought this then." With that, Jago reached into his pack and pulled out a rolled sleeping bag. It was made of a Khezu exterior and had Popo fur coating the inside, keeping the user nice and warm. The Kut-Ku armored man unrolled it on the floor, then began making himself comfortable.

He yanked out a bag of what appeared to be Kelbi Jerky and tore it open, the aroma wafting into the air.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

ooc:
@SRK: Lol at the Scout comment.

@Andras: I assume the stove has some sort of air intake? Adjustable might help for getting the fire going, and making it last longer.

-

"Nya, there's no need for you to sleep on the stone floor." Sakujo said to Jago as he brought in another ammo crate, placing it on top of the other. "There's only eight humans here then me, and I don't take up too-too much space, nya." He continued to say, making a fat joke on himself, now more to the group in general. He pounced up to the top of the ammo crate stack, then turned to the group. "On that note, nya, who wants to sleep with a big fuzzy Melynx~?" He then struck a pose, presenting himself as if he were some snuggly plushie.

-
ooc:
You know you want to.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 am

OOC:@db i about died laughing at that same with SRKs/ and the other guy scares the shit out of me.

Aizen stasnds after looking at the map for a while and walks over to his belongings and shuffles through his bag untill he finds a writing utensile and sets it on top of the map. "Well im gonna go stretch my legs and see what the terrain looks like out there if anyone wants to join me." he says as he straps his sword to his back and wraps the cloak around him. "Maybe i will even find that Great Bagi and we can get it out of the way so we dont have to bother with it later on."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

In response to Aizen's announcement, Xereyeres said; "That sounds like a really bad idea. It's blisteringly cold out there and just one person fighting a great Baggi, alone, in the dark, in a blizzard would probably get just about anyone killed. You're spending the night here."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm

"That said, if you're insistent on going out there, I'll go with you." Jago said.

" No point in going out there alone and getting yourself killed. Or frozen, one of the two." Jago continued, resealing the jerky bag and putting it in his pouch. He stood and threw his sleeping bag onto an empty bunk, claiming it for his own seeing as the Melynx wouldn't be taking one alone.

"Thanks. Most Melynx I know would just take the bed anyway. Anywho, ready to scout around when you are. I'd rather stay here until morning, but that's neither here nor there."

BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Merdoc entered the cavern last. He found the surroundings quite impressive. "We don't have caves like this at home" he said to himself. Seeing that everyone else had grabed a bunk, Merdoc decided to take the unoccupied part of XXX's. He found a locker and carefully placed his pack inside. He then wandered over to his bed and draped his trentch coat over it. He then stood his naginata against the bed post and sat on the edge.

"If anyone needs anything, anything at all, speak up now. Otherwise I'm going to catch some rest." Doc told the rest of the party.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm

@DB
Andras - @17dragonboy wrote:"Can someone clear the snow off that draft outside?!"
@Scout - I had to make a small edit in your post. The vent was a bit higher up.
Nodding courteously, Andras replied to the huntress.
"Many thanks, miss."

Whilst tending to the now blazing fire, Andras shut the doors of the stove, opening the damper and air intakes to allow a steady stream of air to the fire. Overhearing Aizen's statement, he replied.
"Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't intend on straying to far from the cavern, but a good look of the land couldn't hurt. Also, if someone would be so kind as to load that fire down with a few good sized split logs, we shouldn't have to mess with it for a while."

Collecting his lance, he placed it back in the locker, collecting the shield/blade combination and advanced outside of the cavern.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Sakujo faked a dejected "Mreow..." after no one offered him sleeping space, trying to be funny despite pretty much being ignored (ooc: I know Coyote).
Chances are he'd just ask someone at random to share a bed when the time came.

"Nya, anything else that needs to be brought in?" He asked [the nearest ship crew worker] from his high point, putting off any humorous misery.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Detecting the Melynx' disappointment, Andras called back inside.
"I don't mind sharing a bunk, Sakujo..."

The hunter could not help but be reminded of his childhood, his mother giving him a primitive stuffed piggie as a gift for his birthday.
"Going to be out for a while, feel free to get some rest there for the time being."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:06 pm

"I can't believe you plan on going. With the blinding snowfall, as well as the fact that its dark out, you'll be lucky to see the ground 30 feet in front of you," Xereyeres said, his tone ripe with disbelief.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Yokai collected a few smaller packages of supplies such as extra rations and what not, carrying them from the ship to the interior of the cavern. Chuckling to himself, he hoisted his supplies onto the large table.
“You all sure know how to make yourselves at home.”

Baryn and Sydney also entered, carrying a large red chest detailed in gold plating. Placing it beside the existing blue supply chest, they sighed aloud, worn from carrying the supplies in and out.

Baryn, making his way to the bar collected a wooden mug and helped himself to a glass of mead.
“Phew, nothing like a nice brrrew to end a hard evening of work.”

Sydney also collected a mug, but filled hers with water, still extremely cold from remaining untouched.
“That make everything unpacked, no?”

Oswald entered the cavern with a long satchel under one arm, and a cloth covered cage in the other. Chirping could be heard from beneath the cloth.
“Good thing we didn’t forget these little guys, meow. Would have been bad if we had no means of communication with the guild.”

Placing the cage on the table, the jolly felyne fetched a bag of seed from the blue supply chest. Pulling the cloth from the cage, four plump pigeons glanced about rapidly. Opening the cage one of the pigeon’s hopped out of the cage. Sitting on the table, the rotund bird hopped around, getting a good look at the surroundings. Curious, it flew above the bar and perched, still glancing about at everything.

The others recognized the sound of the seed bag, surrounding a near empty bowl. Reaching in, to collect the bowl, Oswald purred aloud as the birds chirped and flapped about. As he filled the bowl with seed, the other three hopped out of the cage, pecking away at the seed. The larger one that had flown above the bar also glided back down to the table. A crooked smile covered the felyne’s face as he collected the bowl, the hungry pigeon’s pecked at his furry arm and paw as he placed it where it had previously been seated, the four of them entering as well.
“Meow-ow-ouch!! Nyahahaha!!”

Closing the small cage gate, he collected the cage and moved it over to the bar, out of the way of the rest of the supplies. Also retrieving his satchel, he unbuttoned it and collected a portable cot crafted of long, sturdy bones with a thick, yet flexible black pelt, presumably of the forest dwelling Naruga. Unfolding it and sitting it upright, the felyne collected a small pillow and blanket from the satchel as well, placing them on the unique little cot.
“You guys heading out, nya?”

Yokai nodded to the felyne as he exited the cavern.
“Yep, better head on back before the night weather gets too rough. Gentlemen, and lady, I bid you a safe adventure, but that probably means the guild would be out of business. Best of luck to you all. Bar', Syd', lets head on home.”

The two finished their drinks, placing the mugs on the bar. Purring and bowing courteously, the two felyne’s also departed, Baryn slapping his female partner on the behind as they left, her jumping skittishly, yet grinning at him all the while.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Andras having witnessed the playful notions scratched his chin, also hearing X's warning.
“Like I said, I'm not going too far out, X."

Pausing for a moment the man thought aloud to himself.
"Strange, I would have never taken them for a couple.”

OoC: This is the last huge post I see necessary to make, at least until the mission begins. Feel free to take some time to chat it up, once I get back in the cavern, it's basically lights out until the morn.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Occ: dam i cant be gone for a hour without 15post poppin up lmao, and Db u seam like u need a friend.."You know you wanna" LMFAO. @spawn u seam so dam scary. lol

"Sakujo ill take you up on that offer, i dont mind bunkin with a killa melynx. Oh and im not going, ima cook, I love to cook. I make the best popo or kelbi stew ever! Oh and if you all are gonna go out bring back some meat if you can." Cloud said as he moved his stuff to sakujo bed.
Occ#2: its ironic how were in a blizzerd nd its snowin in Tx. xD
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Aizen headed out after andras holding the map in his hand. "So where close by should we look first?"

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next