The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
17dragonboy
Flaxfire
Blaster427
Glyph
9 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Time: 15:14

@The camping store: No answer came from the back room. For the most part, the entire store was silent. Outside however, a loud wail rose up. From every corner of town, the noise grew louder and louder, until it reached a climax of audible pain. It was the town's old bomb shelter sirens, installed before the end of World War II. It was rather surprising that they worked at all.

@Hungry Mouths Charity Compound: The alarms were very loud, although none were very close to the compound. The worker from inside the building ran out to Jake, several tears on his clothes, and distress in his eyes. "Help! HELP!"

@Bookstore: Screaming, agonizing yelps of pain erupted from a corner of the bookstore. The sounds of panicked footsteps, shattering glass, and brief gunfire filled the store. More screams. Sirens erupted from the street corner.

@Police Station: Outside the chief's office, the phones began ringing more and more. Eventually, every dispatcher was busy trying to handle a disturbed caller. Gunfire was heard outside of the police station. The chief stood up from his desk, drew his pistol from it's holster on his hip, and slowly opened the door into the main area of the station. "What the hell is going on!?" he asked no one in particular. "We've been getting reports of violence all across town!" one of the dispatchers replied. "We've sent out every officer on the force!"
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Jason ran outside the store, crowbar held high, ready to be swung at any time.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm

ooc:
Just a heads up; I'll be gone from Friday to Monday.

-

"W-what is it?" Jake asked worriedly, looking back at the man and where he just came running out of.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Squipix Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 am

"What?! What is..?!" Panic struck Logan as well; he then closed and returned the book to the shelf, and creeped towards the source of the noise to see what in the world happened.
Squipix
Squipix
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Dax heard the sirens and for a moment forgot about the commotion he had heard in the room behind the counter. He debated whether or not he should make sure the guy was ok but his curiosity got the best of him and he exited the store. He looked up to see if there were any planes but he couldn't see any. On the streets he could see people panicking. He got back in his truck, thanked the gods it started, and drove off to his small house as fast as he could. He kept his crowbar in the front seat just in case. He had left his AK-47 at home that day. "This better not be some kind of sick joke." he said to himself as he weaved his truck down the panic stricken streets.
OOC: Tell me if my descriptions of the environment are too detailed Glyph.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 am

Time: 15:17

@Outside of camping store: The area around the store was almost empty, although that was normal. What was unusual about the outside was the abundance of screaming, police sirens, gunfire, and overall chaos in the distance. The camping store was part of a strip mall, several other stores were to either side of it, a chinese restaurant, a craft store, etc... The camping store was near the middle of the strip mall, and there was a car every few spaces or so in the lots. The road ran along side of the mall, and a few abandoned cars were strewn about. A police chopper passed over the mall. A man with a loud speaker was leaning out the side door. "Everyone return to your homes, immediately. Close all windows and lock all doors. The situation is under control and we urge you to remain calm." The helicopter continued onward, toward the center of the city. A few stores to the right, a horrified scream was heard. A young woman ran towards Jason, shoeless. "Help! They're after me!" she screamed at him, clinging onto his arm as she reached him. She pointed to a group of people that emerged from a nearby store. Once they spotted Jason, one of them let out a blood curdling scream. The group of about five people began to run at full speed towards Jason. Several more emerged from the same store, as well as from the store behind it.

@Bookstore: The height of the bookshelves made even basic awareness difficult. As Logan neared the source of the noise, more gunfire erupted a few shelves down. More screaming occured throughout the store. The fire alarm went off. Logan was mere feet from the source of the noise when the blood became abundant. It had spattered the shelves, the walls, everything. A pool of it was still fresh on the ground, and several footsteps had left a trail of it that went around another bookshelf. Three corpses were sprawled out on the ground, none more than a few feet apart from the others. An unearthly shriek erupted seemingly from nowhere. More footsteps, running, came from nearby.

@Hungry Mouths: The worker pointed to the open garage door, one of three just like it. Inside were other workers, of similar uniform as the man now clutching to Jake. "I think they've got the virus!" All of the workers had blood dripping down their face, and one of them was still clutching to a piece of meat from one of the freezers. He dropped the meat and charged the two men by the truck.

@The highway: Dax was completely stuck in traffic. On every side of him, car horns went off like a chorus from hell. Screaming and smashing glass was more abundant than ever. Something hit the passenger side window. A man with bloodshot eyes, and blood smeared across his face stared at Dax. Moments later, he smashed in the window with his face. Leaning halfway into the truck he reached for Dax, his bloody hands outstetched.

OOC: @KKB: The descriptions are fine, just be prepared for some minor editing if I tell you it's necesary.
@Everyone: It's likely that you would have seen something on the news about the virus in other places. Nowhere close to Franklin though, the closest place would have been in Oregon.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:11 am

"Jesus Christ!" Dax shouted as the man reached for him. He unbuckled his seat belt and reached for his crowbar at the same time. All the while he tried to keep the man's hands off of him. Once he had it in his grasp he swung sideways at the man's skull with the pointed end.

OOC: If I'm going to be stuck in traffic on a highway with dead guys running around all over the place can I just have my AK and stuff in the back of my truck. There is no way I could make it to my house with only a crowbar.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:53 am

OOC:@KKB: I was too tired to make an actual response, so I made you this instead. @Everyone I'll post again sometime tommorow, after I get home from a hike. Don't do anything stupid, because the rain check says that I'm not going to be in a very tolerable mood afterwards. Also, I'm going to be gone from next Wednesday until Sunday.
Spoiler:
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:52 am

"Huh?" Jason said as the woman grabbed his arm. He looked over at the group of people, and raised his crowbar very high as he slowly neared them, and would swing it very hard at the first person who came near him.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaxfire Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:14 pm

ooc: Looks like I'm going to be inactive for the next 5 or 6 days. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Flaxfire
Flaxfire
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 pm

OOC: Ok Glyph, you didn't have to use the image, that's just overkill :p But can you tell me what happened to the zombie I just tried to kill?
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 am

@KKB: (PG version) The crowbar hit the man in the side of the head, and he went limp, his legs still hanging out the window.
Spoiler:
More shrieking occured outside of the truck, and someone laid on their horn.

@Blaster: (PG version) The nearest oncomer falls to the ground after being hit in the neck.
Spoiler:
With only one assailant dispatched, the scenario looked grim as more of the presumably infected people poured out of the strip mall stores. "We've got to get out of here!" the young woman screamed at Jason, pulling on his arm, towards the parking lot and away from most of the crowd.

OOC:@Everyone: For those of you wondering about the spoilers, I've put them there to hide any "questionable content". I have reason to believe that Blaster's parents/mother are very concerned about what he is doing online. Hopefully these will allow him to keep playing with us. Also, come Tuesday evening, I will be wrapping everything up in the prelude. Once I am able to get online again, the following week, I will post again. Everyone will have all the items, backstory, etc... that they put in the sign up at that point. In case that was confusing; EVERYTHING FROM NOW UNTIL TUESDAY: PRELUDE (No items, weapons, etc...), ON THE RETURN: ZOMBIE INFESTED WASTELAND (Several weeks after the events so far). If you still have any questions regarding anything, PM me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when attempting something under pressure, please put a random # between 1 and 20 in your post (easily visible). The difference between your number and the one that I randomly generate will determine the outcome.
EXAMPLE:
DB: Jake swings at the zombie with all of his might. (14)
G: (15) The swing connects with the zombie, knocking it to the ground. It doesn't get back up.
ALSO: Depending on the modifiers that you chose in the sign-up, they may effect the outcome as well.
BC: Roy runs from the zombies, staying within a few meters, for about 100 feet. (3)
G: (7-3=4 (+endurance, +speed)) Roy easily keeps ahead of the zombies, leading them into a deadly crossfire.

Again, PM me if you have any questions.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:33 am

Jason backed away from the zombies, ready to swing his crowbar at any that come near.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 pm

OOC: Sorry about the absence, I was at Otakon.
--

Roy pulled up in front of the bank, checking over his things again, just out of habit. Realizing he was missing his ID card, he started searching around under the front seat.

"Dammit, can something go my way for once..."
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Time: 15:37

@Blaster: A ravenous horde of the infected swarmed around Jason, hellish shrieking constantly escaping their blood stained faces. The group was at least 100 indivuals in size, each of whom were pushing past one another to try and attack Jason and the young woman next to him. The crowbar was only adequate enough to fend off a few at a time, and the horde grew closer with each moment. It was at this time that the military arrived. A blackhawk helicopter reared up over the highway, guns blazing. At least half of the group of infected was cut down by large caliber weaponry, many more of them scattering, retreating back into the stores. The helicopter continued on it's way, passing over the strip mall and nearing the rest of the city. More helicopters flew overhead, as well as several massive planes.

The military had arrived earlier than predicted, but none too soon. About 50 soldiers dropped into the large square in the center of town, surrounding the fountain area with tacshielding, large machine guns, and radio equipment. Within the next few minutes, an emergency signal was sent out to all electronic devices capable of recieving it. ALL CIVILIANS EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY TO TOWN CENTER. BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED. SOHRAS TAKING EFFECT AFTER 17:00. The wait would be long, several straggling groups of infected moving on the town center before any civilians had even shown up.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Jason ran to his house to pick up his two guns, and then would go to the Town Center. He was also ready to swing his crowbar at any and all zombies.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:09 pm

OOC:@Blaster: I'm going to assume that you had a car in the strip mall lot. Also, next time you're surrounded by hundreds of flesh eating zombies, run. I won't give you another 'deus ex machina' again. Also, I'm only giving you a shotgun for right now.

@Blaster: After a few minutes of driving, weaving through abandoned cars, and avoiding the carnage of the infection, Jason reached his home in the suburbs. His shotgun was right where he had left it. The drive began for the town center...
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Jason kept driving full speed towards the town center. He would just run over all zombies that tried to stop him. Should any try to get in through the windows, and would thwap then on the head hard with the crowbar.

ooc: I'll just pick up the rapid fire gun somewhere in the town center.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Hearing the broadcast message on his radio, Dax got out of his now useless truck. He looked in all directions for any threats and then proceeded to climb on top of his truck. He then carefully jumped from one car to another, heading in the direction of the town square. He figured being on top of a care was safer than being in the streets. He brought only his crowbar, a knife, and the first aid kit he always kept in a duffle bag. As he made his way to the town square he kept his keen eyes on the lookout for the living dead.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:42 pm

"Town center? What on earth for?" Roy said, worry creeping into his voice. The massive crowds of people prevented him from using his car to get there, so instead he checked his pistol over and stepped out, following the crowd to the town center.
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Squipix Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 am

The alert came out quite loudly from his phone. Terrified by the warning and the terrifying scene present all around him, Logan ran back all the way to his apartment, grabbing items of emergency value, including his carefully-tended-for heirloom Karabiner, and made a run towards the Town Center.
Squipix
Squipix
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm

OOC: Sorry for being absent yesterday.

@Town Center: The fountain courtyard was a disaster zone. The numbers of the infected began taking a heavy toll on the relatively few soldiers defending the evacuation zone. Only a few dozen people had been lifted out of the city, and few more were coming in, most uninfected persons being overwhelmed by the hordes that surrounded the courtyard. The noise, the smoke, and the smell of blood brought in hundreds more infected by the minute. The pull-out time was reduced to 16:00, at which point the military would leave, and the city would be doused. There were many names lost to the infection that day, Logan, Roy, Marsha, Dax, many names who would be mourned by friends, family. It was rumored that the military never pulled out of Franklin, Nevada, that they were overwhelmed by a legion of hideous monsters. Of course, this was entirely hearsay, the news stations never mentioned anything other than the heroic success that Franklin had been. 2 weeks later, the entire Western seaboard was infected beyond the point of control. 2 weeks after that, the United States government had collapsed, the death toll in the millions, the virus spread to every corner of North and South America. The virus, it seemed, had nothing left to overcome.

OOC: And that's where we'll leave off for now. Once I get back on Monday, we'll start it up again, post global infection. If you have any questions though, I will be around all day today (Tuesday).
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

OOC: I'm back! (Quickly Heraldo, bring more bacon, before this insatiable beast hungers for human flesh!) Anyways, I'm not going anywhere for a while, so it's time to get this show on the road. If you're still available, just reply here or PM me, and we'll keep going sometime soon.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm

ooc:
Still here.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:35 pm

OOC: I'm here and I've brought lots and lots of bacon.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzarreCoyote Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm ready to rock!
BizzarreCoyote
BizzarreCoyote
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 pm

ooc: I'm still here.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Squipix Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 am

Me too. Here.
Squipix
Squipix
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:37 pm

OOC: Sorry for not being forthcoming with any updates. I had most of the whole thing written when Internet Explorer crashed.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:02 pm

ooc:
At least we know you're trying.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content