The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
17dragonboy
Flaxfire
Blaster427
Glyph
9 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm

"Damn it, you two alright?" Jake worriedly asked the two injured as he tried to slide past the others to check on them.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am

The first of the two anonymous soldiers was nowhere to be seen, likely buried by the massive collapse. The other merely groaned, and attempted to pick himself up off the ground. The massive cloud of dust had yet to settle, and any flashlights pointed in the direction of the cave-in illuminated the cloud, further obscuring vision. Anyone with their thermal sensor on, however, could see something large, still moving amidst the rubble. Smaller pieces of concrete rolled and fell from the pile of debris, as something big rose up. An ear piercing shriek echoed throughout the passage, muffled for anyone wearing LPA, but still loud enough to be painful. The soldier still sprawled out on the ground panicked, and was getting to his hands and knees when something pinned him down by his back. Something cracked, whether it was bones, his armor, or the concrete below him, nobody knew. The science officer, who was one of the closest in the group to the collapse, without being a part of it, backpedalled, firing a handgun wildly into the smoke.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am

"Shit!" Callie exclaimed. She had her thermal on and took aim with her beretta at the large figure that was moving around in the rubble and started to fire at it making sure to no hit any of her companions in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am

"All the more lovely!" Jason said, though his calm-ness was gone from his voice. He knew his torch wasn't going to do any good, so he took out his other gun and shot at it, being careful not to hit his own allies.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

Jake took a knee against the wall and switched to thermal vision, trying to locate this obvious and large threat.
If and only if he had a likely shot would he fire, and in short bursts.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

Dax tried to calm himself as gunfire errupted all around him. Thinking logically, he decided to cover his companion's flank. Just in case something else decided to join the party. He figured that the combined fire from Jason's, Jake's, and Callie's weapons would be enough to bring the creature down. Dax switched to thermal on his HUD and waited for a target to present itself.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 pm

OOC: I don't quite remember what weapon everyone was using. Could everyone (Except StarLady) say which weapon they're currently using?
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

ooc:
Machine gun. One that we picked up from the previous collection of corpses. It may or may not have been standard issue for the military (I remember they at least used it some though, and Jake and Jason had at least some familiarity with it).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:31 pm

ooc: I don't remember...
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

OOC: AK-47
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am

OOC: @DB: Gauss Rifle. Can't really burst fire with it though. It's recoil-less, but the electronics would overload if fired that quickly. @Blaster: Eh, don't worry about it, I know it was an assault rifle.

Through any thermal scanners, the target was not much warmer than the surrounding concrete, but massive enough that it was easy to hit. The incoming fire from the disoriented group didn't seem to have much of an effect on the target, it shrieked again, but was cut short as a hit from the larger caliber gauss rifle made it's mark. It quickly shrugged off the blow however, and began to move towards the group, apparently unphased by their counterattack.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 am

ooc:
I believe I had an assault rifle like Jason did (taken from the bodies), but no matter.

-

Jake was stupefied at how this thing wasn't obliterated by the Gauss rifle, let alone seemingly unharmed.

All he could think to do though was reload and try again, though reflexively he did began pacing backwards, seeing as he was the closest to the monster.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am

"**** this!" Jason said a he holstered his rifle and took out his flamethrower, "Fire in the hole!!" He shouted as he charged forward, letting the flames fly once he was in range of the creature.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

"Shit." Dax said as he turned around to see the creature advancing. "Guys I think it would be a good time retreat." He shouted over the COM.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Jason grunted before he charged in with his flamethrower. He didn't want to back down, but he knew Dax was right. "Your right. We don't stand a chance against this thing." Jason started to back off, getting his rifle ready again. Should someone be unable to flee, he'll shoot the creature until they escape, then flee himself.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

ooc: Bump?
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Still unaffected by the group's fire, the target made its way further towards them. It slowed as a cone of flame erupted from Jason's flamethrower, hesitant to continue. The fire licked and burned away, but to no avail.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 am

ooc:
FYI: Star said she's really busy lately.

-

"RETREAT!" Jake shouted to everyone, making the group decision official.

He started backwards, keeping attention on the creature so that he could act accordingly.
Once everyone was turned around and running, he would do the same.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster427 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 am

"I'll hold it off!" Jason shouted, keeping the flamethrower burning, slowly taking a step back whenever the creature advanced, though never letting himself go behind his allies.
Blaster427
Blaster427
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

ooc: Sorry I haven't posted sooner.
-

Callie started retreating with everyone else. She realized that her hand gun was no match against this thing, so she put it away and was ready to draw her sword from her back as soon as she needed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 am

OOC: It's okay, you're not the only one who should've posted, I've been putting this off for way too long.

The target, now brightly lit on any thermal scanners from the combined arms of the group, stopped it's relentless advance. The target grew smaller, as if hunching over, or crouching, and backed away from the group. With another ear piercing screech, more debris and pieces of concrete and earth flew in all directions, only to stop a few moments later. As the storm came to an end, the target's heat signature was nowhere to be seen.
"Whatever the hell that was," said the science officer, "it's moved out of motion detection range. I suggest we move before it swings around again."
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 am

"Let's get movin' then, fast." Jake said, still in a panic.

-
ooc:
Not sure what the party arrangement is or who's leading, but I suppose we just get moving fast in any direction, in hopes that it gets us somewhere.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 am

"I'm all for that." Callie agreed moving with the group to get away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:44 pm

OOC: The way you came in is collapsed, just in case I hadn't already said that.

The group, which now consisted of only the survivors and the science officer quickly retreated. Bits of concrete littered the floor, but nothing was a serious hindrance to movement. Moving past the split in the path, the corridor gradually widened, and increased in height. It ended, about 100 feet later, with a large metal door. The door did not appear to have any handles or hinges on it, only a small computer panel to the left of it.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 pm

"What the hell..." Jake said with short breath, looking over the foreign computer terminal.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21 pm

"Hey doc, can you open this dor or what?" Dax turned around, looking for the man.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

OOC: Uhhh... I guess I didn't realize nobody in the group really had any computer skills.

The science officer made his way to the front of the group and looked over the panel. "Well, it looks fairly standard, I sh-" he stopped in midsentence. "It appears we've been pursued. Whatever we just ran from is following us, moving about 5 miles an hour, directly down this corridor." He pointed the way the group had came. "I can get this door open, but it will take some time. It's likely that our enemy will be on us before I can get it open, so you'll need to keep it at bay for... a little less than a minute." He turned back to the panel, brushed off the screen, and began the process of opening the door. Meanwhile, something rumbled from further down the corridor, and something shook the ground beneath the group's collective feet. Nothing had yet appeared on thermal scanners.

OOC: I meant to ask last post, but how is everything? Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? Anything I could be doing better? Would anyone like to see more or less of anything? If anybody has any suggestions or comments at all, I'd love to hear them.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

ooc:
Thoughts on things.
Spoiler:
I forget if the Gauss Rifle was reloaded.

-

Jake tried to think of a solution to the oncoming monster problem. The Gauss rifle's ineffectiveness was discouraging, almost negating any means of offensive on the monster.

Thinking of a different type of answer to the problem, Jake moved down the hall some, and pointed the cannon at the ceiling. He fired, hoping to bring the ceiling down some to block the path to some degree.

-
ooc:
If there was anything that looked key to the structure, like a support beam, he'd shoot that.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:08 pm

OOC: Uh Glyph, that's kinda my guy's thing. He was just asking if the doc had an access code to make it simpler.

"I'm pretty handy with computers myself, maybe I could help." Dax offered. "My AK can't do jack to that thing anyway."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

ooc: My thoughts
Spoiler:
-

Knowing that she is useless with her hand guns, Callie pulls out her short sword and will use that to help disctract and buy time if needed. She knows that she is fast and agile so hopefully she can prove useful in someway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum