The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Wyvern Egg

+5
Kut-Ku Bane
Andras
Glyph
Trey
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Desert Wyvern Egg - Page 5 Empty Re: Desert Wyvern Egg

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm

ooc:
We'll have to assume/pretend someone (I guess Leo) took some cooking supplies (wood, fire starter), because I totally forget if anyone did (I don't think we did to be honest).
The same goes for some way of holding the meat, since just carrying it seems inefficient and unhealthy (sand).

-

"We'll wanna mind how much we take with us, seeing as we're gonna be carrying the egg as well." Arsen commented, looking over the two sides of his sword, now cleaned of blood. "Not to mention we'll smell, and be, walking food." He stood up and put away the cleaning rag, then went over to one of the Cephalos and set his sword down on it. He hated to waste these Cephalos, but they couldn't afford to take everything with them, and something else would probably come along and eat them later.

He did want some of their teeth though, for a weapon design he'd heard of. Piscine fangs were known to be very sharp, so he got out his hunter's knight and went over to the mouth of the Cephalos, and started manually removing each of its teeth, putting them into his item pouches after.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:47 pm

"Hey Arsen get me some of those i nee those to upgrade my wepon! and yes i got the cooking supplies. Get me 5 Fangs please, Thanks again bro."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm

"Yeah, sure..." Arsen replied, more focused on his carving than the others.

There were a lot of teeth inside the Cephalos' mouth, unsurprisingly, but each was stuck in there pretty good. He had to cut up the gums then rip them out with his fingers each time, which made one hell of a bloody mess. He almost laughed at his slight squeamishness of the grisly task, but worked through it. Being a hunter certainly helped.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Aizen Rubs sand on the blood on his blade then whipes it all away. "well What did you all come on this request for? Me personally im hopeing to see a creature that supossively came here from the deserts near where im from which is east of here. what about all of you?" He said as he sheathed his weapon and pulled out a pouch of Jerky and opened it letting the dehydrated aroma drift in the wind. "Now this stuff i could live off of"

OOC: DB I wasnt intro duceing a monster i was just saying why he came along.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Wiping sweat from his brow, Jati bent down and began to carefully skin the wyvern's scaley back. Carefully he worked around its fins, joints, and face until he stood with one large piece of cephalose hide. Wiping as much blood off it as he could, Jati carefully rolled it up and stuffed it into his bag. "Well that's it for me." he said. "Best to travel light with a large wyvern in the area."
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:18 am

Seeing everone else clean there blade Leo ran back to the dead Cephalos, put the meat on its side and cleaned his blade on the sand. "Ok that better. Oh yeah.." Leo pulles a bag out and puts the meat in there. "Thanks for reminding me Jati. Alright wanna go back to the camp guys?"
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:51 am

OoC: Sorry for the long post, figured I would make up for my absence.

Aggravated and worn from the battle, Andras trimmed a good portion of meat from a nearby piscine, giving it to Leo for preparation. Taking a seat on the dead creature he sighed aloud, grinning and glad the temporary skirmish was over. Removing his chest plate he looked beneath the chain mail to inspect for any cuts. To his surprise their was no blood, only a large bruise forming where the piscine had collided with him initially.

Retrieving a potion from his supplies he drank it, disgusted by its acerbic taste and was relieved of some of his pain upon it’s contents entering his stomach. “Phew. Anything would taste good after drinking that.” Taking his shield off, he rested it against the dead creature as well. Engaging a release on his lance, the bladed portion of the barrel swung downward, ejecting the spent and live shells. Collecting the live rounds, he placed them into his supplies as backups. Releasing the lever, the lance snapped into it’s full length, arming the live rounds. The hunter shook the excess of the blood from his bayonet, and unhitched it from the lance assembly to more thoroughly clean it.

“Get a hold of yourself, Andy. Those were merely Cephalos… You know how to combat those things without becoming a casualty.” The hunter thought to himself. “You know how to handle a lance just fine, and are a marksman, so learning the functionality of a gun lance shouldn’t be this much trouble.” Passing the thoughts off, he retrieved a cloth from his supplies, and scrubbed the dried, and burnt blood from the blade, eventually attaching it back to the lance assembly.

Eventually turning his thoughts to the creature he was resting on, like the others he collected several of it’s fangs, as well as it’s dorsal fin. Setting his shield and lance aside, he heaved the creature on it’s side, cutting it’s stomach open, near nauseated by the scent, and cut the piscine’s liver free of it’s innards. Knowing better than to overwhelm himself with goods, he ceased procuring items from it’s corpse, leaving the rest for the other hunters.

Wiping his gauntlets and armor free of all the blood from the creatures innards, he called out to Leo. “Well done, please, and if you would be so kind to wrap this liver for storage, it would be greatly appreciated.” Collecting his armaments, he holstered his lance on his back, and slung his shield on the waist hitch on his Ioprey tasset.

"Aizen, I have no real reasons for joining, other than testing out this new weapon, and for the hunt in general. Anything else is a bonus."

OoC: i meant not to ignore the post, I just missed it.

Last edited by Andras on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical errors.)
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 am

Arsen was going to let someone else respond to Aizen's question of why people came on the quest, but it ended up getting ignored by the others.

Leo then asked about heading back to the base camp, which was an important thing to adress. "Are we heading back?" Arsen asked to the group in general, looking up from his crude dental work. He wasn't sure what the game plan was, but was neutral on it either way.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 am

Leo looked towards Andras "Well done Andras, you got it!" Then turned his attention to Arsen. "Last time i checked we were all starving and if I cook at the camp we can recoup, rest, and check for injurys because im pretty sure my back is cut up. Oh and everyone please tell me your prefrences for your meats please."
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 pm

"I take mine medium rare Leo." Jati said, looking around. "We could go back but then we might end up going through this again." Jati said, pointing to the slain wyverns.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 pm

"True, True but still we can run around them and the whole perpose for engaging was for the meat right. Beside im freakin hungry. Ok mid. rare for Jati, nd well done for Andy. Anyone else?"

Last edited by Silver Rathalos Killer on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer, and Spelling)
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 am

Aizen leaned up against the carcas of one of the cephalos. "I'm fine, i have my jerky." He said as he started to chew on some. "That is an interesting weapon and could be extreamly deadly. I would like to see its use when you have fine tuned your skills with it." he said to andras as he was standing there. "well I will be staying out here if you all decide to go back to camp, I prefer to stay in the wilderness anyway. You experiance so much more out here and learn things about the creatures habbits and whats all in the area."

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 pm

"Here, let's look on the map." Arsen said standing up, wondering if there was some sort of compromise that could be found. He got out his map from one of his item pouches and unfolded it, then started looking around on it. "... ... Well, there's an area up ahead I don't think any Cephalos will follow us to." He said pointing north-west of the groups position, to where the mountain dipped into itself, and the sand floor became stone. "Wanna go there, cook and rest?" He asked the group in general, again looking over his shoulders to make sure no Cephalos came their way.

-
ooc:
Notice the compass on the map.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm

"Sounds great actually, I can manage there and sleeping outside is fine with me. So off we go then chaps?"
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Aveket carved anything useful he could from the cephalos, a few teeth, some fins and some sections of scales that weren't damaged. Carefully wrapping them into a sack, he waited for someone else to take initiative and start walking.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Arsen looked about he group and shrugged, showing his position on the matter.

-
ooc:
I'm trying to be hands off on these things (even though I'm the one who came up with the idea).
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Nodding to Arsen, Andras replied. "Sounds good to me. At least this way we can avoid those damn piscine's coming back into this area, at least for a bit."

The man's stomach growled aloud. "The sooner we can get some grub, the better. I'm going to hold off on the rations till a later time."
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm

"Alright let get to the spot shall we. Like Andra said the sooner we eat the better." Leo said as he was walking towards the direction Arsen pointed to.
Trey
Trey
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

ooc:
@Everyone: We're basically headed to that E4 area. It'd be fairly large.

-

"Alright." Arsen said withdrawing his cleaning clothe again, then cleaned off his hunters knife before putting both away. He then retrieved his longsword from atop the Cephalos, put it up on his shoulder and started off north-west.

Cephalos were still looming around in the distance, though nothing to alarm the group, but still keep an eye out for.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kut-Ku Bane Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Checking to make sure all his possessions were in place and seeing that they were, Jati followed Arsen deeper into the dunes. As he walked he took another long drink from his cold drink vial. His sword bounced at his hip as he walked.
Kut-Ku Bane
Kut-Ku Bane
Wyvern Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Staying back a few hundred yards from the rest of the group was Aizen, still chewing on his jerky and watching his surroundings. "This Place is so open. Kinda reminds me of the stories i was told about my Grandfather." he said to himself as he walked along.

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 pm

The main group arrived at the stone ground area after a few minutes' walk, and already walking became easier because of the unmoving footing.
It was an awfully wide open area in clearance and size, but was enclosed at its edges by steep mountainsides, excluding the direction the group had come from. At the opposite end of the area the group could see a tunnel going down under the plateau.

Some shrubs and bushes and other humble vegetation were growing up from the cracks in the stone floor, not very abundant due to the desert's lacking resources. Grazing on them were some Apceros, and other Apceros, young, adult and adolescent, could be seen standing around doing nothing in particular.
Some feces was laying around, probably from the Apceros, completely dried out by the sun and thus without a noticeable scent. Some remains of animals were lying around as well, perfectly embodying the phrase "bone dry."

Some of the Apceros randomly looked the group's way, so they must have been noticed, but the Apceros didn't do anything beyond blankly stare and moo.

Aizen still had a ways to go to arrive at the area, given the large length he'd put between him and the rest of the group.
This made him a straggler, which made him the ideal target for a Cephalos. One of the sand wyvern's was headed directly for him, closing fast, something it wouldn't have done if he had numbers on his side.

-

ooc:
It's worth mentioning that "a few hundred yards" could easily be the length of a football field or more.
That kind of led to this happening.

Regarding the Apceros, remember their territorial nature.
Also, they are like tanks. Slow moving but durable.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Noticeing the dusttrail moveing toward him at a rapid pace Aizen reached in his bag for a sonic bomb. "So if thats the way you want it." He withdrew the sonic bomb and held it waiting to see how the creature was going to attack him.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 pm

ooc:
I assumed by "drop" you meant put down but not use. I figure it was the safer route for me to take, in case you didn't actually want to use it.

-

The Cephalos shot up from the sand and flew at Aizen, and in response he quickly took a knee and tried to get out his polearm to slash the wyvern in mid flight. The large weapon didn't come out in time though, so the Cephalos flew over Aizen's head and back into the sand behind him, leaving both of them unharmed.

It then continued swimming away from Aizen, but started angling back to make another attempt at him.

~

"Alright, you guys wanna start cooking then?" Arsen asked turning halfway back towards the group, still holding his longsword over his shoulder should it be needed. He hoped the Apceros would just mind their business, but was ready to act should they do otherwise.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 pm

ooc: yeah thats what i ment by dropping it.

'Damn thing is a little to long" he thought to himself as he retrieved the Sonic bomb. "Im ready for you now" He says as he pulls off the Sand colored cloak revealing the dark blue hide of the Aoshira. "You will not leave this place." His entire attitude changed, his eyes narrowed his breathing steadied. Muscles taunt ready to explode when the time came He held the polearm in one hand braceing it against his back.(think Lu Bu again) "Make your move"

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:23 pm

The Cephalos started rounding back towards Aizen, then as if being sneaky went underground when it was a few yards away from him. Aizen had been watching it the entire time though, so a quick toss of the sonic bomb and its detonation brought the sand wyvern back up to the surface. Like the affects of the sonic bomb before, the Cephalos acted as if it were gasping for air after nearly drowning, leaving itself wide open for assault.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Seeing his opprotunity Aizen charged forward with such speed that he looked almost like a mirage. "Your time is up" he swung his sword hopeing to dicapitate the creature completely.

Spoiler:

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

While slowly taking in the arid landscape, a bright shine gleamed in the distance. Blinking away the brightness, he squinted and put his hand to his forehead. A sharp noise, which sounded like a rush of escaping air, echoed across the walls of the cliff hollow. Aveket knew the sound well, and it was never a sign of serenity. He made out the silhouttes of a cephalos as well as the source of the bright flash, a lone hunter. Shit, he thought to himself. Adressing the assembled hunters, he asked: "It looks like we've left someone behind. I don't doubt he can handle one cephalos, but its quite possible that more might show up. I need a couple of people to come with me and help him out, the rest can stay here and clear out these apceros if they make trouble." He paused, waiting to see if anyone would volunteer.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

"Right." Arsen volunteered quickly for the sake of not wasting time deciding who should go, despite him being one of the heavier hunters in the group. With his sword over his shoulder he started running back to Aizen, though not quite sprinting because the situation didn't seem to demand it.

Azien's polearm chopped into the side of the Cephalos neck, going about a third of the way across, most likely severing the artery on that side. The monster would bleed out momentarily, but it was still very much alive, thrashing about and half buried, surfacing more and more.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spawn Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Aizen Quickly Removed the blade and swung again. "Hopefully you die quitely so nothing else shows up." he said as the blade sliced through the air.

OOC: kinda self explanitory on the if then

Spawn
Prey Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next